PDA

View Full Version : Character Expressions?

ISFP
05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello~ I'm new here so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this, but I am in dire need of assistance.
This year I'll be cosplaying Fran from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Let me get this out there: I am a perfectionist. Those little 'nobody will notice' things drive me up the wall. There are already little mistakes on the outfit, but there is one thing I'm a little worried about.
If you know Fran from Reborn, you know that he is a rather montone, expressionless, sort of guy. Now I am quite the opposite.
This is no understatement. I am very loud, hyperactive, and expression-filled.
So does anyone have any advice on how to maintain character expressions for pictures, gatherings, and such? Thank you :D

ubercaledor
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I tend not to find it too difficult, once I get in costume, I get in character. So... I don't really have any particular advice, if you get in character it all kinda, flows from there, if you get my meaning?

urisco
05-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I wouldn't stress about it to much except for in pictures really. Just when people are taking pictures of you try and calm yourself down and tell yourself I am this person and try and feel the way that person feels. After awhile it'll come naturally. But during gatherings and such unless someone has a camera out I'd say just be yourself.

SvajoneSheona
07-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I have this problem too! XD It helps if the people you are around don't make you all hyper and stuff. I get irritated at this one person and was forced to look at him with a straight face for a play, so that'd be my choice as the person to be around while training to get in character, so to speak.

Once you try to be him long enough, just learn to say some things like him.

I'm an actor and can alter my voice, so things like this come naturally to me, but if your not experienced, it'll come eventually! Just practice!

I really hope that made sense. D:

Eigwayne
07-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Don't sweat staying in character except for pictures themselves. Most of the Reborn gatherings/photoshoots I've been to have been friendly and fun, instead of serious business.

Work on some expressions and poses in the mirror before the con, for when people have the cameras going. Remember Fran isn't completely expressionless- his humor is deadpan and his expressions are subtle, but he's actually very funny. And you can play off any Bel's and Mukuro's for some of Fran's best moments.