PDA

View Full Version : "Cosplay" Fashion Expo in New York on 11/14

Studmaster
11-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, as was posted in the General Chat. There is going to be a big fashion show where some of our fellow Cosplayers will get there work featured on the runway. Needless to say, some of us have already taken up the call the arms to show support for our fellow Cosplayers. And while we're doing that, why not make a social gathering out of it?

Well, no need to ask "why not", cause Ranma and myself are organizing one right now. That's right! Next Friday night, is going to be a night where you can see your fellow Cosplayer get recognition in the fashion world, and hang out with your fellow cosplayer as well

The Particulars to the event

When: Friday, November 14
Time: Doors at 6PM
Where: MASON HALL in Baruch College on 23rd street and Lexington between 2nd and 3rd Ave. http://www.baruch.cuny.edu for more info.
Admission: $5

*CAMERAS ALLOWED*

Designers/Cosplayers/Costumes: Jezeroth (Black Widow), twilighthush (Pseudo Ling, Pseudo Yue, Re:plica Sakito, AATD Kyo, Black Innocence EGL, Pseudo Hakuei), Aparna Dasgupta (Fusion 02 Line)[/B]

As for the "unofficial" Cosplay.com/NYO Cosplay/Otaku Army Gathering

Meeting Place: McDonalds at Penn Station
Time: 4:30 - 5:15 (The extra 15 minutes of travel is for in case there's more of a crowd than anticipated)

If you cannot make it to Penn Station, meet us the place where the fashion show is taking place. If you're wearing a Purple Ribbon, we'll be sure to spot you. If not, look for an Otakon or Anime Next Badge to identify our group or myself.

After the show, we may go to either Chinatown or Midtown for Dinner, and just hanging out. Even though that isn't set in stone.

Another point that I have to bring up, and I apolgize if I'm seeming like a Nazi here, but try to dress approiately for the fashion show. If you have a Cosplay that is good for the show, then go for it. We won't hold this over people's heads like an axe. But, this is a good oppotunity to show that we can be a civilized group as well.

So what are you waiting for? Don't let this Friday pass you by, as you sit at home with crap to do. Get out to the city, meet some cool people, enjoy a fashion, and the company of good friends after as we paint the town Purple. :bigtu:

twilighthush
11-11-2003, 06:42 PM
DO NOT come to the show -- it sold out and they DIDNT put tickets on reserve for hte door like I requested, so you guys wont be able to get in. I AM SO SO SO SO SO OS Sorry :(

Vialoi Ketsueke
11-12-2003, 08:24 AM
There goes my Friday night.......Anyone up for Sushi?

TheAnarCHris
11-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Looks like I'm spending the night spanking orcs........

NICE I'M SPENDING THE NIGHT SPANKING ORCS.

Remember kids, you not defeated until you admit...or you're dead........yeah I think that's what Hitler said.....