PDA

View Full Version : THOR (movie)

E. Hyde
05-07-2011, 09:54 AM
During the end credits I turned to my husband and asked him if I could make him a Loki costume. I'm surprised to find myself liking a costume with such a ridiculous helmet quite this much. Is anyone else doing costumes from this movie? I don't think I'll be doing anything for myself -- obviously Natalie Portman's character just wears normal clothes, and I honestly wasn't too impressed with Sif's costumes, looked a bit too generic-fantasy-heroine to me. Odin's wife (I think her name is Frigg?) had better costumes but not really what I'd want to wear.

TheUnderDog
05-08-2011, 12:02 AM
YES. My first thought when Loki showed on screen-as an adult, anyway, in that awesome trench coat outfit rather than the "King" one, which I did not like very much- was that I had to cosplay him. Yes, I'm a girl. No, I look nothing like him. But when have either of those things mattered in cospay? I love the outfit, and as soon as I can I'm going to sew it.

acostory
05-08-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm stupid and didn't pay attention very well through the film. As soon as I learnt his name was Loki, I knew I was going to cosplay him. I love his King outfit, and I hope to get the costume done by WonderCon next year, or maybe ComicCon this year if I work my arse off...

Drackt
05-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Man, to see how incredibly complex those things are onscreen (Like Sif's basketweave dress from the end and Frigga's gold cloak from the beginning)...makes me a little too cautious to cosplay from this film.

Unless I did some original design Loki...

Kitsune
05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I am also very tempted to work on a Loki costume. I know a wonderful man who does kick-ass leather work, and I think this would be a great time to work with him and learn some lessons. I don't know how to tackle that helmet yet, but I definitely want it. Anything to detract from the fact that my wig would never be right and I have a girly face even with masculine makeup.

Too bad the DVD won't be out any time soon for lots of reference. I need to start scouring the web more, because I cannot afford going to see it in theaters anymore.

Volnixshin
05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
im surprised this isn't being redirected to the marvel comics section...
http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245

sylus
06-20-2011, 11:29 PM
im also jumping on the loki band wagon and plan to cosplay him. ... mostly becouse i love his helm... he just looked downright amazing

PrinceScoobert
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Loki ftw! My friends and I are going to have a Thor or Avengers group for some Chicago com ic cons. ^^ I absolutely love his princely outfit, yet I love his oddly huge helmet. XD Hmmm....probably go with his prince outfit rather than his king armour.

Stormraven24
11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I am so in love with the costume designs it's not even funny. I just want the capes and helmets xD

Does anyone know or have an idea of how they got Thor's and Loki's capes to curve so high over their shoulders? There's got to be some kind of solid base in there, but when Odin rips it from Thor, there's nothing but fabric (from what I could see). Any ideas?

wyrdsister
11-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I used an armature that goes over my shoulders for the cape to rest on it. It follows on from the back plate of the armour. I'm sure it's not how it was done in the Movie, but it gave the same effect. I look forward to seeing it :)

CartonFiber
12-08-2011, 07:13 AM
The way they made Thor's armor in the movie is really good. It's tempting to cosplay him that way haha!