PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2 Space Core Cosplay?

supersane101
05-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Edit: Deleted

CozartEnma
05-08-2011, 01:08 AM
You can make the helmet REALLY detailed, wear a "mecha-like" shirt, black jeans, make some robot gauntlets, and maybe some thigh armor. I'm sorry, but that's just my vision ^^''

Aoipeach
05-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Sorry i'm absolutely useless at helping with this, but just wanted to say most cons do have a rule banning signs, especially those with writing on them, not entirely sure why but if you did want to carry around something saying "I'm the best at space!" just double check that it's allowed first.

supersane101
05-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Edit: Deleted

tealgoddess
05-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I agree with the sign thing, and I have another idea-

Through what I've seen in my past years of con-going, I've always had more respect for the cosplayers who do this concept but go all-out, with the head and the costume. In my opinion, the best ones, for example with space core, are the ones who are dressed head to toe in technological get-up, like a mecha suit etc that matches the scheme of the core itself.

That would be, if say you were to make the orange iris light up (which I hope you will be doing), there would be a couple stripes here or there that glowed orange, or at least were painted to be the orange of the iris lit up.

Last, I'm not sure if you're good at audio filing, but a cool touch might be to have the core actually say "space" when you pressed a button. Or, (and I'm not sure how possible this one is) you can use the same type of filter that those audio distortion mics you find at walmart and stuff to distort your voice into a high pitched robotic sounding one.

(here is a quick sketch of what I'm talking about; not exactly, but you get the point. http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p439/tealgoddess/?action=view&current=idea.png )

tn_scotsman
05-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I had thought of doing something similar but Wheatley instead. I thought about just doing the mask part with the lights and as much detail as I could get and then just wearing all back clothes and gloves in the idea of don't look at the body, just a floating head here.
You can do a google search and find the Portal 2 audio files. Just sift through to find the ones you want and then rig an iPod with a speaker in the mask and use the actual game sounds.

Whitecherries
05-24-2011, 02:01 AM
First- I really hope you're planning on having someone with you, because seeing is likely to be a slight issue with the head gear. o.o; Other than that, I would love to see a Space Core cosplay.

I wouldn't go for the Aperture Science T-shirt per-say, but maybe some dedicated wiring to a white, well-fitting shirt and perhaps black or gray pants? Orange wires would be nice, but it isn't necessary for them to light up. Maybe gloves and shoes with similar white plating as well.

As for the sign issue, if you manage a small speaker (either in the head gear or not,) it will give you the similar effect of having the sign without the sign.

Rekka
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Question (to help me out) : What should the core itself be made out of? I heard paper mache and a foam ball would work for small ones on GLaDOS cosplayers, but what about larger ones, like for masks? I was thinking of making either a mask or a headpiece of Wheatley (headpiece would have to be light and would be attached to a headband or something and thus be kinda-sorta like a hat).

Gabbyv23
07-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Astonaut!Space core. Do et. Now.