PDA

View Full Version : YU-GI-OH! Battle Skit? Help!!

Sumomo
11-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Here is a post I made in the Otakon board (I'd like having the skit for Katsucon too!)

"That's right, I'm starting up a group already! Hehe such earlybirds, ne? ^___^ Anyways! Who wants to sign up?? It'd be cool to have a lot of the characters and also Monster Cards. Perhaps if we get enough people we can do a Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle Skit for Masqurade? :D We'd have to make it funny though.

Characters Taken:

Harpie Lady Sisters (Green), Rose Spectre of Dunn -- Sumomo"

Anyways, on to the real question. How can we make a battle scene seem funny without it being too long? My ideas so far for the main plot is it be a battle between two duelests and have the monster cards fight inbetween the two. There would be stage props like a little stand for the duelists to stand at or something. Does anyone have any good ideas for this? I'm not good at creating humor skits :(

Psychotic Jei
11-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Well. You could always have them use weird equip cards. Have like... The feather duster of DOOM..... or...a glob of lime jello....

Sumomo
11-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Hmm.. dunno ;_; still lost on the idea.

Syaoran fan
11-09-2003, 01:20 PM
think of it this way, when you watch Yugioh, what are someof the funniest, or stupidest things you see or hear someone say? Just make a list of those and completely play off of them.

For example : the ever so popular lines "oh no!" and "And now I play this card....*goes on to explain everything it does and how the match changes, then repeats same saying several times but in different ways* meaning, you lose."

hehe, see, there are many things you can pick up on.

Sumomo
11-10-2003, 03:50 AM
Hmmm >_> If only I had the DVDs! e_e Maybe I do have to be forced to watch the american ones some time u_U

Anywho! Good idea :D I'll be sure to look at the series (and not the manga >_>;; ) and pick up some ideas. Would people find Yu-Gi-Oh! funny though?

Eccoglyph
11-10-2003, 01:08 PM
<nod> A group at I-Con last year did an incredibly funny Yugioh skit - they won the Masq, if I'm not mistaken. Yugi vs Kaiba (MrWonderfulToji was Kaiba.) Ha - I'm remembering some of the lines, now - "Dark Magician Girl! Seduce Dark Magician!"

Chun Li
11-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Hey sumono if you need a jounouchi i`ll be glad to play the part

Sumomo
11-16-2003, 07:34 PM
^___^ We always need a Jounouchi *glomps*

dylan no tama
11-16-2003, 08:28 PM
id just mess up lines with characrters
a good example would be like
"time wizard break his knees with your time magic!"

at anime next me and a few other got joey's voice actor to actually say that.

Sorahana
11-16-2003, 08:50 PM
You forgot that I'm being in this lol XD. I am being Rebecca!! Muhahahaha! and I though you said we'd have a Tea do her "friendship" speech and I'd interrupt saying "Shut up Ms.Friendship!! Or you shall be bashed by Teddy!" lol.

Chun Li
11-16-2003, 09:38 PM
or
"teddy says you talk to much"
Omg how about we make a family guy joke like

*kaiba8 NOW BLUE EYES ATTACK WITH WHITE LIGHTNING!
Yugi:oh no!
Anzu:Oh no
Rebbeca:Oh no!
Jounouchi:Oh No

Cool aid guy:*bust through wall* OH YEAH!

Sorahana
11-17-2003, 10:14 PM
:rofl: That's good Chun Li..but where would we get a Kool-Aid guy?! Lol XD.
We need to do a script for this and get practicing lol XD.

KuroBara
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Yes, MrWonderfulToji's skit was hilarious! When Kaiba started to lose, he summoned Magician of Faith to give him a hug!
Just make it silly, and remember that Yugi is the king of cheesy dub friendship speeches. I'm sure you could play off that. And with a Rebecca, there's a lot of comic potential, godamnit.

Syaoran fan
11-19-2003, 01:34 AM
like I think I said befoe, everyone repeats everything:

Yugi: And now my Dark Magician can defeat your monster!

Kaiba: Oh no, now Yugi's Dark Magician can defeat my monster!

Anzu: Great! Now his monster will be defeated by Yugi's Dark Magician!

Jonouchi: Alright, go Yugi! Your Dark Magician can defeat Kaiba's monster!

Yugi: Your monster has been defeated!

Kaiba: No, my monster was defeated!

Honda: That's great! Kaiba's monster was defeated!

See, they do that ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!!!!! At least in the enlish dub version.

Sorahana
11-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Of course the skit shall have comedy all thanks to me!! Muhahahaha! Lol jk......anyway what can I say? Hmm...........I know I'll wave the teddy bear around like an idiot lol XD.

Anikiki
11-19-2003, 06:47 PM
LOL Chun Li! Hey I saw a kool aid guy at Otakon, but I don't think that'll help. Anyway, Anzu is the queen of cheesy friendship. Remember the symbol they made on their hands on the first dubbed episode? That questioned my loyalty to YuGiOh, as well as my sanity. Anyway, I like all your ideas, but I like Chun-Li's the best. All my friends in my anime club as well as yours truly adores Family Guy!

Nyoko
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Ya I agree playing off something is you best bet, well that and beating people with random things...

I would gladly help you all out if I could, Actully my group was going to do one but there is no way I could get on stage without passing out from fright... ~.~;; so we had to postpone.

does anyone know how to get rid of stage fright?? (if so PM me)

I wish you all the best of luck, and i'll clap for you!

Sorahana
11-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey Nyoko you could be our...........pep person!! You can pep us up for our skit!! Lol XD.
My 800th post!!!!! So happy.........*sniffle*.

Nyoko
11-21-2003, 08:53 PM
pep person??...oO... lol, ....ya after that then I can tell you all to get you "butts" on stage and make me proud!

Sorahana
11-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Yea that too of if we're out of line you can kick or poke us!! Lol kidding.........I am Rebecca.....ph33r m3h? Lol XD.

KuroBara
11-22-2003, 09:39 AM
(Rebecca lays a kick-butt move on Yugi)
Rebecca- Yay! I told you I'd win, ne Teddy-chan? (hugs bear)
Yugi- Hey, animators! I know she's just a filler character, but could we get someone LESS ANNOYING?
Animator (random person in regular clothes) pulls Rebecca off stage and replaces with some popular anime character)

Yeah...it's early.
And I maintain dub Yugi out-friendships Tea any day of the week.

edit: Since there's a harpy lady

Mai: I play the Equip card Syber Bondage, increasing Harpy Lady's attack...

WB censor: What are you playing?! Here, we made this fluffy tutu equip card instead. (places fluffy tutu on harpy lady)

Sorahana
11-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Haha thats funny XD. But how dare you have me taken off stage......lol XD. Kidding.......Yea but ph3rr the wrath of Rebecca and her Teddy lol XD.

Hiriyuu
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
I have one!

Yugi: *about to lose*
Yugi: Trust in the heart of the cards...it always works...*draws card*...*stares at it for a second* GWAH! *rips it in half* ITS BROKEN!!!!

Syaoran fan
11-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Yugi: Dark Magician! Kick Kaiba's shins!
Kaiba: Blue eyes white dragon! Bite off Yugi's pointy yet stylish head!

hehehe.

Nyoko
11-25-2003, 08:08 AM
I have one!

Yugi: *about to lose*
Yugi: Trust in the heart of the cards...it always works...*draws card*...*stares at it for a second* GWAH! *rips it in half* ITS BROKEN!!!!

Hahaha!! thats good... thats funny Hiriyuu ^-^

Mako-san
11-26-2003, 01:37 PM
hehe wow you guys are got some funny skit ideals!!

The other day my sis and I was playing around and we had an ideal about a skit

Yugi vs Kaiba, then Yugi vs Malik...Everything we said we ended with IN MY PANTS!! ie.
Malik " Yugi, you will never get my Mallenium Rod, unless you want the one in my pants!! hahahahha okay maybe this skit ideal is for adult yaoi loving audiences hahahah

Yugi "I can win cause I believe in the Heart of the Cards, IN MY PANTS!!

Chun Li
11-26-2003, 02:25 PM
if i ever go to yaoi-con id do that

NiGHTmaren
11-30-2003, 03:41 PM
I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope I get to go to Otakon next year. ^^ My Mai costume is just about done, so no doubt I will have it ready for a con very shortly (though Otakon isn't for almost another full year...^^; ) These skit ideas sure do sound like a lot of fun. ^o^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Wulf
11-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Your guys ideas sound great, I wish you all the best of luck on it and if I can help anyway just P.M. me and I'll see what I can do.