PDA

View Full Version : Webcomics Panel

Eilonnwy
11-08-2003, 01:09 PM
NOTE: This is also posted in the Anime Boston forums at animeboston.com

Okay, thanks to someone's advice I've decided instead of doing a panel about my webcomic, to make a panel of webcomics with a few other artists. I really think it would be a great idea for publicity for our webcomics and also to be able to sell prints, etc. If you're interested, reply to this thread, e-mail me (eilonnwy@amtar.net) or IM me on AIM (Eilonnwy).

Only requirement to be involved in this is to have a webcomic you want to get out there. (You don't even have to own it, you can just know the author and represent him or her which is what I'm basically doing)

Also, if you do decide to do this with me, please be dedicated and know that you have the time to put into this. Thanks a lot.

~Eilonnwy

Casey Catt
11-18-2003, 04:06 AM
I'm up for it, depending on what day it's scheduled--I won't be there on Sunday. I've never done any panels before, though. What's this going to cover? Just promotion of our own comics, or are we talking about general info, how-to and that sort of thing?

And my comic is at http://cage.keenspace.com/.

Eilonnwy
11-19-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm up for it, depending on what day it's scheduled--I won't be there on Sunday. I've never done any panels before, though. What's this going to cover? Just promotion of our own comics, or are we talking about general info, how-to and that sort of thing?

And my comic is at http://cage.keenspace.com/.

I don't know yet when it's gonna be scheduled...I haven't submitted my request yet because I'm waiting to see what I get for webcomics. So foar I have 4, 5 if you're able to be in it. Also, I've made it so that the person doesn't have to be there for the actual panel, so if it's on Sunday you can still feature your comic, but you have to give me the information before hand.

Basically I was thinking of having sample art, sample comic pages, a one page summary, business cards with the addy on it of course, and (this is up to the artist) I could also sell art prints. The maximum I'm letting people sell is 5, cuz as of now I have 4 and if all 4 do 5 art prints...that'll be like 20 I'm selling. X_x As far as art prints go, I'll send the artist their profits but deduct the cost of making the prints (unless the artist makes them on their own) and if the print doesn't sell, lucky me gets to keep 'em. Unless the artist really wants them, then I'd send them to them.

But yeah, the last one is an option, the first 4 are required and I'll answer any questions as to what should be in the summary etc...

Now, I never thought of doing a How-to for webcomics, but that would be a great thing to include, I think. So I'll try putting something like that together as well. If you have any suggestions for that, feel free to tell me!

Eilonnwy
11-26-2003, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna close this offer this Friday so if anyone else wants to join for sure, let me know by Friday. After that I wanna get started on it and actually request the panel.