PDA

View Full Version : Kanda's hair colour

UchihaSasuK8
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM
I am planning on styling a wig for a upcoming Kanda cosplay - my first 'up styling' - but I have a bit of a quandry; what colour should I go for?

The 'anime' dark blue or the 'manga/fanart' black? What do you think?

Personally, I think that it depends on the uniform; while it might not be 100% accurate to swap, I prefer the blue hair with the blue&white and the black&silver ones, but the black hair for the red&black.

Ends Beginning
05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
For my fiance's Kanda wig we got a Black with that has a slight blue tint to it. He wears the Red/Black uniform.

Ani_BEE
05-12-2011, 08:22 AM
For the anime they add colour so that the black doesn't translated flat against their uniform (same with Lenalee)

Black is fine it you can get a wig with a blue sheen to it even better.

Torra-chan
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I find that I prefer the cosplays I see of Kanda with just black hair or a very slight tint of a navy blue in the hair. For lack of a better description it looks more 'natural' that way instead of full out blue in my opinion

Mehdia
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm torn on this one. I used to think I would only like Kandas with black hair, because all of the ones with blue I had seen I didn't think were that great. Til this year when I did some pictures as Lavi at A-kon with RobbyKun as Kanda and Mrs_Matsumoto as Allen. RobbyKun uses a darker blue wig, and I loved how it looked. So now, if it's the right color, I think it's okay to give it a blue tint. Just don't go too light with it and it will be fine.

Here's what it looked like with all three of us: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2962896/

saya_blood_quee
09-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Kanda with black is better!!!

benihime
09-26-2011, 03:23 PM
anime artists tend to tint hair color to make it stand out more - and i'm biased to the black

Elf Lady
09-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I prefer the black hair. As others have noted, artists for anime are probably using blue to highlight the hair. I used to have a blueish sheen to my black hair when I was younger and hardly ever saw the sun in San Francisco (so much fog where I used to live) but with exposure to the sun over the years, it's lost it. :(

yamimagic
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm partial to black hair, though as has been mentioned, sometimes (pure, non sun-bleached) black hair has a natural bluish tint to it. So if you can find something like this, even better. :)

MissLunatic
10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
I'd recommend rather a black one (though if you find one with a blue tint in it even better) since it looks more natural. The uniform's exotic enough for a cosplay in itself.^^ Plus I already saw Kanda cosplayers with dark blue wigs and well... it looks less seriouos somehow... draws away the eye from the rest maybe.