PDA

View Full Version : Anthea cosplay (sash!)

Tabby Catty
05-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Hello everyone! Right now, I'm working on an Anthea cosplay... Yes, that girl who I'm guessing is like N's sister or something... Anyways, I have the perfect dress for her, but now I have another things that I need help with: the sash! I have no idea how I'm supposed to tie it so that part is hanging down in the front... It really stumps me...

Here is what it looks like, Anthea is on the left (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/73/Concordia_and_Anthea_Adventures.png)

May someone please help me? ummm... Please?

Ends Beginning
05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Myabe try just lopping it or use safety pins to et it to hang the way you want. It almost looks like it's worn the same way The Undertaker wears his sash in kuroshitsuji.
:/

Tabby Catty
05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Okaaaay... and could you explain what you mean by "looping it" I think I know what you mean, but I just wanna make sure... I think looking closely at that picture I think I see what you mean as far as how to wear it.

But what material would probably be best to get the "effect" of that picture? I'm thinking taffeta would be nice. I have a dress with taffeta fabric and I love that "sheen" to it. It's much more mellow than satin and it sort of has this mystical feeling to it...

PSY-chan
05-15-2011, 01:09 AM
It appears to be a length of draped fabric pinned/attached to the dress.

Taffeta won't give you the right effect because it's too stiff unless you sew the pleats.
Iridescent chiffon would be really pretty, particularly cross-dyed/two toned. It's easy to find "silky" type fabrics that drape well, too. Joann fabric stores have many options.

Big appleton
05-15-2011, 04:33 AM
I think you should make a regular sash and attach additional frabic to get that hanging part in the front.

Blackjack Gabbi
05-16-2011, 02:16 AM
I think it looks like it may be strung over the main sash somewhere along her back, and then wound behind it to come through on the front. If that makes any sense. Are there any more shots of her in that scene?

Tabby Catty
05-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Blackjack: No, there is not, she is a very obscure character...

I guess I'll try pinning it to see what it does, but first I need to get the fabric. I'll try that chiffon...

The next issue is the wig, you can't see it so much in my reference, but the front part of her hair is a lighter shade of pink than the rest of her hair. I think I'll buy that lighter shade of pink with that wig and use sharpies...

But I notice that those front pieces of hair sort of "split" and wave off... Does anyone know how to style those?

Blackjack Gabbi
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
No I mean in that scene in Special. Is she shown from any other angles in it?

Tabby Catty
05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
No, not that I know of in Special...