PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think about making your own anime costume but just one u came up with?

DandyPianist
05-13-2011, 07:19 AM
what kind of blueprints are you making like something not from an anime just ur own idea?

RickyFromVegas
05-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Original Cosplay exists and is nice to see.

DireKitty
05-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I think you are referring to an original character cosplay. Which is fun, and i've created and cosplayed as one before.

pltshp
05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd probably never do an original character myself but I do like to see them. It's nice to see people's creativity in designing their own character with their own background and storyline.

DandyPianist
05-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I only have to Blueprints for the top half done except the hat i decided to call it my (Nightmare) cosplay cause its basically a hat with horns and claw hands and tail and such ill actually upload the blueprints i made of it on this site later...to get the general idea if its good or bad...lol i go into some interesting details on it...

Rikku92
05-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I've designed a mecha girl, and I'm actually working on her right now. I'm going to debut her at Anime Expo this year :)

DandyPianist
05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I've designed a mecha girl, and I'm actually working on her right now. I'm going to debut her at Anime Expo this year :)

Thats cool, i was thinking maybe if i buy the Sebastian Michaelis (Masquerade Form) cosplay and stuff, i might just use the rest of the time to make my other creation the "Nightmare" that way on one day ill wear Sebby and the next ill wear Nightmare then last day either normal or one of the two from before x3 depends which gets more attention <3 i like attention....xO only some alot of ppl around me o.o ill be like O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Like to make a note of i would not be able to "Sneak" around im 6,6 lol someones gonna notice me xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

MotherSilver
05-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm going to be doing my own original cosplay next year, as of one of my characters. He's a dragon demon, with wings/tail/pointed ears, a very loooooong wig and red skin XD (for obvious reasons, he's a dragon demon and all). I'm hoping my web comic will be up and running at that time so some people would know what and who he is, but either way my Aaron is too obvious not to be seen XD some people are probably going to think he is from an anime but just one they don't know but I'm hoping people will recognize my poor baby next year (already planning a wing mechanism/vest)

ARIADecember
05-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I have one, but Im not sure if I'm going to cosplay it

I like seeing originals, only thing that I'm not a fan of, is when the person cosplaying tells a 5minute detailed description of there character.

Personally I would like to hear it, but not a long description of the character

x-Steffi-x
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I've seen some really good OCs, but I've seen equally as bad ones. For example, people claiming to be "Original Characters" when in fact, the costume is HIGHLY IDENTICAL to an existing character. May just have the colour scheme changed, or very few pieces changed.

But anyway, I only like OCs when it actually applies as in IS ORIGINAL. Meaning it has to have had lots of thought in design and colour as well as the construction, fabric choices etc... :)

I'll take pictures of anyone I think has a good costume, whether I know the series or not, OC or an existing character.

IAmShorty
05-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I have an original character that I would really like to cosplay someday. Not sure if I actually will, but it's on my cosplay list anyway.

One of my friends also has a series he's been drawing for a while and one character I helped him create. I would like to cosplay that character too.

DandyPianist
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
<3 thx for all the comments oh and "Mothersilver", i was gonna say i think its very interesting how u mentioned mechanical wings...mostly cause with my idea the main point is its claws which will be very long and i thought at one point of even making them mechanical like pull on the finger slot and it moves that claw kind of idea...mine i have not made a back story i just though oh hey this is kinda cool i guess its possibly it may somehow resemble a anime character but if so i have no clue ill leave that to u guys to decide once i post the blueprints...and all, in the mean time thank u all for the comments there were some very positive comments <3

Stormraven24
05-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Dandy, do you just want to talk about your costumes? If so, you don't need to make so many new threads or comment on someone else's post just to bring the talk back to yourself.

ARIADecember
05-13-2011, 09:39 PM
<3 thx for all the comments oh and "Mothersilver", i was gonna say i think its very interesting how u mentioned mechanical wings...mostly cause with my idea the main point is its claws which will be very long and i thought at one point of even making them mechanical like pull on the finger slot and it moves that claw kind of idea...mine i have not made a back story i just though oh hey this is kinda cool i guess its possibly it may somehow resemble a anime character but if so i have no clue ill leave that to u guys to decide once i post the blueprints...and all, in the mean time thank u all for the comments there were some very positive comments <3

Sound interesting, however, I think it would be hard to make, also, cons have limited open space, so making a giant claw, might get in the way of people passing by.

As for backstory, it's up to you if you really want to make one

Dandy, do you just want to talk about your costumes? If so, you don't need to make so many new threads or comment on someone else's post just to bring the talk back to yourself.

I understand what your saying, however I have a feeling he is a bit new to the cosplay community, and wanting opinions back on his ideas. However I do think he is making to many threads.

Convulsive
05-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm doing an OC for MTAC next year. She's my favourite character I've ever created!

Akiyhrah
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
I have a few OCs that I have or want to cosplay. The two I have done are from online roleplay forums; one is actually the character I created around my screen name (so she's kind of my alter ego), and the other is a Steampunk character.
Then I have two of my past D&D characters that I really want to cosplay, but I haven't had the chance yet. I even have three different versions of one character XD I want to get some of the other people I play D&D with together to do a group though, but it's proving difficult XD

YukinaKipling
05-14-2011, 05:15 AM

meykeru-sensei
05-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Trying to create a custom design,based on Predator and a variety of anime & game influences.Once i manage to find some craft foam i can make me my armour,sadly,some of the materials for props are giving me a hard time.Cant seem to find any animal skulls or replica's thereoff to create my decorations of,let alone a human skull & spine.No pred inspired work without some of those...ANd i aint using no rubbish halloween decoration,i need to have at least a BIT of realism...

DandyPianist
05-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Trying to create a custom design,based on Predator and a variety of anime & game influences.Once i manage to find some craft foam i can make me my armour,sadly,some of the materials for props are giving me a hard time.Cant seem to find any animal skulls or replica's thereoff to create my decorations of,let alone a human skull & spine.No pred inspired work without some of those...ANd i aint using no rubbish halloween decoration,i need to have at least a BIT of realism...

Thats a cool idea, if u want u can check around online there should be the comic version predator if that would be helpful for deciding what to make it look like...also good luck on making it (lol i know what u mean about the "rubbish halloween decorations" i am trying to find stuff to make me "Nightmare" charater...but got to find the stuff first lol

MotherSilver
05-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Well by mechanical wings I mean there is going to be a vest mechanism hidden under the jacket and the wings will be able to move (i.e. fold up etc) but yes that is very close to what you're suggesting. Although his claws on his wings aren't going to be as long. I also have to come up with a metal arm for him (He lost his left arm in battle and I decided instead of him being armless I'd give him a fake one)

He's going to be a complicated boy =_=

sephygoth
05-15-2011, 08:56 PM
I think this really belongs in the original designs section, it's nice to see people looking through forums before posting the first forum at the top of the screen.

DandyPianist
05-15-2011, 09:33 PM

e_e you know its cause i actually like asking questions who cares how many trends i make u dont have to read them or even comment, and "bring the talk back to myself" wtf are u talking about i like talking with ppl excuse me...u dont like it well thats "your" problem not mine

Sakaiyo
05-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I have a few designs & a wig for one of my characters, but I never actually cosplayed them. D:

sephygoth
05-15-2011, 09:38 PM
e_e you know its cause i actually like asking questions who cares how many trends i make u dont have to read them or even comment, and "bring the talk back to myself" wtf are u talking about i like talking with ppl excuse me...u dont like it well thats "your" problem not mine

you'r being an ass. For god sake learn to type.
stormraven was letting you know we pay attention, but you would get better replies in the APPROPRIATE forum. Stop spamming threads with the same thing. I cosplay OC all the time, I don't think I'll give you input anymore after this ungrateful crap you pull all the time.

I even defended your ass on the age thing, I can't support you anymore. I'm gonna take the advice you GAVE to stormraven, I'll just ignor your posts.

Sailor_Aly
05-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't usually like them I mean, cosplay is cosplay and dressing up is dressing up you know? Which is why they can never enter them in costume contests either. Like if you're going to spend all that time on something and then try to enter it in a costume contest and you know the rules... why? The pre reg for the contests take so long and are usually filled up by people who use oc's or store bought costumes. With real characters, you can still, you know have artistic freedom with how you want it. I mean I don't know. I like people recognizing my hard work to look like my character. It's a much better con experience than you walking around and nobody recognizes you. It's just 90% of the time laziness really. It's like buying a naruto headband and throwing together the most random clothes ever and walking around going "YOU DON'T KNOW ME BECAUSE I'M MADE UP, I AM (insert random japanese name here) FROM THE LEAF VILLAGE"

Cosplay is a big part on cons.

Cosplay: A subculture centered on dressing as characters from manga, anime, tokusatsu, and video games, and, less commonly, Japanese live action television shows, fantasy movies, or Japanese pop music bands; To do cosplay

Amanita
05-16-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm working on one heck of an original character cosplay- a personified Empire State Building.
Anyone who tries to tell me that it's not cosplay just because it's not Japanese is gonna get an earful from me, so help me P'tah. No laziness here, no slapping together a few cardboard boxes and calling it done. Between the robes, armour, skyscraper-crown headdress, and other elements, it may be one of the best costumes I've ever done, if it all turns out well.

That said- I don't frequent Anime cons, I prefer mixed-genre. No kvetching about what's allowed in the costume contest, as any genre goes, including originals. And I really don't get bent out of shape if somebody asks "What/who are you?" If you come up with a kickass costume, then it's likely gonna get attention, whether it's a recreation or an OC.

Sailor_Aly
05-16-2011, 06:23 AM
My argument is that 90 percent on the time its not spectacular.

inu.matto
05-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I am ok seeing OC cosplays: if people really don't regret putting work and money into something only they know, it's fine by me. But I would never do an OC cosplay myself. In my personal opinion it's just not worth all the hard work you might have to put into it. I'd better work on superdetailed costume of some existing character more than one person knows.

sephygoth
05-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't usually like them I mean, cosplay is cosplay and dressing up is dressing up you know? Which is why they can never enter them in costume contests either. Like if you're going to spend all that time on something and then try to enter it in a costume contest and you know the rules... why? The pre reg for the contests take so long and are usually filled up by people who use oc's or store bought costumes. With real characters, you can still, you know have artistic freedom with how you want it. I mean I don't know. I like people recognizing my hard work to look like my character. It's a much better con experience than you walking around and nobody recognizes you. It's just 90% of the time laziness really. It's like buying a naruto headband and throwing together the most random clothes ever and walking around going "YOU DON'T KNOW ME BECAUSE I'M MADE UP, I AM (insert random japanese name here) FROM THE LEAF VILLAGE"

Cosplay is a big part on cons.

Cosplay: A subculture centered on dressing as characters from manga, anime, tokusatsu, and video games, and, less commonly, Japanese live action television shows, fantasy movies, or Japanese pop music bands; To do cosplay

I agree and I don't agree -.- But great post., You have identified the 2 sides of myself I fight with all the time,

Amanita
05-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Here's a concept sketch of my WIP Empire State cosplay. While it's not the most stunning picture ever (the coloring is quick and dirty) It gives a pretty good idea of what the costume will look like. Not all OC cosplays are un-spectacular messes thrown together from somebody's closet:)

http://ladyamanita.deviantart.com/art/Empire-State-cosplay-concept-210163774

sleepychibi
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I've designed a Geisha Roxas for a con during halloween. I find its fun when you enter the cosplay contest, but sometimes people dont know what to make of it!

~xXheartlessXx~
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
I have a couple my friend and I designed... Sounds corny but they're twin keyblade wielders (with custom keyblades)... and the names... probly could have been more creative with them... but WTH, right?

Hoping one day to bring them out of the dark thing that is our fan-fiction notebook. Gotta do some convincing with my cohort.

I will post pics if we ever truly cosplay as them.

Jessipoo
06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
origianl cosplays are some of the best!! you can really show off your creativity and come up with something crazy cool
a friend and i just did an original anime schoolgirls with big ass guns and it was so cute and fun!

iSeika
07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I have a few OC's of my own that I'd love
to cosplay as one of these days.