PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me specific details?

Souma Mitsuko
11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
As in how much it would cost, what the dates are that it'll be on, et cetera?
Also, it would be really neat if I had a Battle Royale group... I'm going as Satomi. ^^;;

Luna Selene
11-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Did you check out the ACEN website?

it's at http://acen.org . If you pre-register now, it's $30. Hotel costs are usually around $120 per night (but don't quote me on that). In terms of dates, it's May 14-16 ^_^

I also have a Takako Chigusa costume, if you're interested in arranging a Battle Royale group for the con ^_^;

Hope this helps!

Souma Mitsuko
11-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks SO much! ^__^
Erg, I'm so lucky that I won't have to stay in a hotel... my mom's boyfriend luckily lives in Chicago. ^^;; We can stay there for the weekend.
It would be so great to have a Chigusa in the group! We'd have to have some pretty complicated meeting arrangements, however. XP
Plus, we're the only ones interested in forming a Battle Royale group thus far. I shall make another thread inviting people into the Battle Royale group! *goes off to do so*
(Plus, Mom would feel safer if I met someone for the convention. XD)

venus2869
11-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Hi!

I'm also looking for a BR group(I too was doing Chigusa) & my BF will be doing Kiryama. If you want to save on costs & have less worry, you could hang with my group in our suite!

I'm also a staffer, so if you need any more Acen info, feel free to email me!

Souma Mitsuko
11-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi!

I'm also looking for a BR group(I too was doing Chigusa) & my BF will be doing Kiryama. If you want to save on costs & have less worry, you could hang with my group in our suite!

I'm also a staffer, so if you need any more Acen info, feel free to email me!

This is so awesome! ^^ I'm so glad my friend gave me the link here. Are you staying at the Hyatt? (I've added you to my AIM buddy list so we can talk and things, because you, being a staff person ((if that's what you mean by being a staffer)), would be completely trusted by my mom... hopefully. She would have to talk to you, however.)
It would be so great to cosplay with all of you, and as long as you both don't mind cosplaying Chigusa. Plus, what night would be best for you? See, for Luna-san, it would be best on Friday night. I might have trouble with this, however, because Chicago (thus the convention) is three hours driving and even less if we don't have too much construction. I get out of school at 2:30, and my mother gets off of work at around 4-5, which would pose a problem, unless Mom gets off early. If she picked me up straight from school (without me going to my viola lesson, which is 3:30-5) and we headed out, I would get there around 5:30 or so. But if we left around 5:30, which would be if we went to my viola lesson and Mom got off work, then we would get up there at around 8-8:30. Hm, I need to know a couple things.
-Would I be staying in your room, or would I need to get my own?
-If we get a pass for Friday AND Saturday, would it cost around $30 for both days or for each day?
-Do we HAVE to pre-register or can we register at the door?
-If so, how much will it cost at the door?

Thanks for answering my questions. Man, I'm a pain. Thanks so much! ^^;;

VashzMynBackOff
11-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, if you're strictly wanting to pay for 2 days than that would equal to $55 (Fri.- $25, Sat. $30), but if you buy a three-day badge and still attend two days, you'd save $10 and extra time in line. I don't really know if $10 would really make a difference, but it works for me. And, no you do not have to pre-reg, it just saves you a lot of cash. One more thing: NO, you're not a pain. I'm sure most people are that curious about going to their first con; I won't deny that I was!