PDA

View Full Version : Davis, CA photoshoot locations

HaeTae
05-15-2011, 06:47 PM
I know there are some cosplayers in Davis, CA! :D

Here are some photoshoot locations that I like!

- Social Science & Humanities building (the Death Star) [UC Davis]
- The Arboretum [UC Davis]
- I think it's part of the Arboretum... but there's a flower garden/gazebo area that's kinda far from campus near the veterinary horse area...
- bike path in South Davis
- sunflower fields in North Davis
- train tracks in South Davis

If anyone needs a photographer in Davis, contact me! ^^

Does anyone else know any other locations?

Zokushou
05-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Parking structures! They're empty on weekends. By the way, sending you a PM. ;]

HaeTae
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
GOT IT! :D Sorry for the late reply!

I also like those stairs in downtown Davis... it's where the Bicycle Museum (?) is...
It used to be a youth center... (near crepeville & central park)

kyashiidreamer
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Ooh! Fellow COSCOM FRIEND FROM DAVIS!

Hello~ I just wanted to say HI! Maybe we even know each other! I'm Cathy Wu and I'm a freshman-soon-to-be-sophomore :D

HaeTae
06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice to meet you, Cathy! I sent you a message btw! ^^

Does anyone else know any good Davis locations?

I thought of another one- the tunnels underneath the campus. I'm not exactly sure where they are but it sounds like an awesome place for a shoot. Also, there are the random stairwells of any building on campus...

Zokushou
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
How about the "bridge" between Olson and the library? By the way, nice to meet you too, Cathy! It seems like there are a lot of UCD freshmen who cosplay right now! =]

HaeTae
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
o yeah! that's a good spot too! :)
the only problem would be people in the background...
i HATE it when people are randomly in the background of good photos T__T oh and cars... stuff like that...

Zokushou
06-06-2011, 03:00 AM
I heard (a long time ago) that astronomy students go on the rooftop of the geology (now "Physics") building at night to look at the stars. I never been up there, but I imagine that it must make a good photo location too. http://daviswiki.org/Physics_Building

HaeTae
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
For rooftops, I go to the deathstar because you can climb up to a few of them.

hildebrande03
06-17-2011, 11:39 PM
OMG UCD cosplayers! Bummer I'm graduating soon! DX

For more industrial settings, the area behind the SciLec is really good, it would make for a good urban setting with the buildings and the small plants.

Also, our beautiful Shields library. SOOO many stairwells, hallways, and the pretty tree in the courtyard.

Mirai Noah
06-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Totally missed this thread! I'm an UCD alum, but I still visit Davis all the time, since my brother and a lot of my friends still go there.

Another good spot for photos on campus is the "downstairs" area on the east side of Wellman.