PDA

View Full Version : Zexal: How Likely is It?

acostory
05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
This is for those of you who have seen Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and for those who haven't.

How likely do you think it is that cosplaying this branch of Yu-Gi-Oh! will become as popular as the previous ones? So far in the series, there aren't many characters, but who knows what the future will bring? I myself want to attempt to cosplay Astral somehow, if not later characters as well.

silver yami
05-29-2011, 03:19 PM
In my opinion it depends on what perspective characters you are drawn more to. The first series Yu-gi-oh Duel Monsters err actaully it would be the second series (since Game of Darkness never came out in Ameica and was owed by Toei Animation.) Is more recognizable to people since it has been out longer. Genx is recognizable as well as 5Ds. If neither came out in America then people wouldn't have a common ground with others who haven't seen the series.

Depending on spurts of the change of series or characters . Some people either lose interest on a series while others continue to like the other series well. Some characters are more likeable than others. That could be the reason why some people watch a certain series becasue of another character if not the card game fasincation.

I have been more drawn to the oringal series since I like the characters, plot and eyptian story line process. Though they left plot holes which never were really confirmed to what happened to everyone after the series ends.

In the oringal series the characters are older. The animators or Kazaushi the designer of the characters kept them older in each series inlcuding Jaden, Yusei, until Zexal came out. The Zexal characters seem to be much younger and I don't know if Japan intentionally did this to target Yu-gi-oh to a younger generation of people, but it seems they are trying to make Yu-gi-oh more kiddy than gear for older people. Whatever the reason they are contining to milk the franshise until people get tired of it.

I think only people in Japan who have seen the show or people who have other resources would be able to recognize Zexal. Until then America (who ever has the rights of Yu-gi-oh licensing is resolved) will never be able to see it until then.

astrya02
08-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I was actually thinking of doing Kotori, since I've been watching subs as they come out every week for the show. I like ZEXAL, but I don't know how recognizable the characters would be.

I think a lot of people in the YGO fandom would at least know of the series, but maybe not watch it, etc. It really depends on how appealing the show is, because I think this season looks to be (isn't, necessarily, but as far as style and characterization go so far) a little more kid-oriented than maybe 5D's.

Also, because there's a low chance of it ever being licensed, I don't think it'll be as popular here as it may be in Japan.

But in any case, I think cosplaying what you want to cosplay is fine. It's fun :) and if it's not recognizable, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Hope this helped!

seto_kaiba_36
08-21-2011, 06:56 AM
i am wanting to do kaito allready and my brother the tv stars so it is likely just the wigs are going to be pains and the duel disk

zeochan
04-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I saw someone do a Yuma cosplay on deviantart and it was quite good =), and even saw an Astral cosplay there was well :]. I saw some cosplays of Shark, Tori, and another Yuma with Astral and I think even Kari (Yuma's sister) as well. There was even the "number brothers" (well, Im watching the series dubbed, so I dont know much about them, but I do about them), and even Nelson Andrews (The Sparrow) all on Tumblr =]. Someone on Tumblr even mentioned about doing a Tori cosplay. So, I guess it may not be as popular, but it is a matter of opinion and deciding wether or not you'd like to do a Zexal cosplay.