PDA

View Full Version : Dante Costume

xamaterasux
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
My boyfriend wants to go as Dante but we cant seem to find a trustworthy place to buy one from. He would prefer the 1st or 2nd games look. So if anyone can help me please let me know D:

Technowraith
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Are you looking to get your costume from an E-bay store or do you want to have it privately commissioned? The search will go in two different directions bases on your answer.

Ebay stores offer a relatively easy way to jump in to a character right away. Costs and quality vary widely, but most of the ebay stores are fed from chinese suppliers with mediocre to good quality. Prices are often high, with Dante running anywhere from $60-$150USD not including shipping. Most costumes do not include the props. Generally from what I've seen, Dante costumes don't include the wig, so you have to buy the wig separately.

Private commissioners are more expensive than ebay but you get a much higher quality costume made to specific direction and specs. Depending on the commissioner's skill and ability, you can also add a wig and a props to the order in addition to the costume. ALWAYS discuss with the commissioner what exactly you want (costume only, costume plus wig and/or prop(s)), price, estimated time for production, delivery and work-in-progress updates. Commissioning is always more expensive than ebay. But the higher quality and better control over the project is usually worth it.

Which of these you choose to use varies your search. Ebay is a bit easier to find reputable places. Commissioners require a lot more digging to find things out.

Technowraith
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Are you looking to get your costume from an E-bay store or do you want to have it privately commissioned? The search will go in two different directions bases on your answer.

Ebay stores offer a relatively easy way to jump in to a character right away. Costs and quality vary widely, but most of the ebay stores are fed from chinese suppliers with mediocre to good quality. Prices are often high, with Dante running anywhere from $60-$150USD not including shipping. Most costumes do not include the props. Generally from what I've seen, Dante costumes don't include the wig, so you have to buy the wig separately.

Private commissioners are more expensive than ebay but you get a much higher quality costume made to specific direction and specs. Depending on the commissioner's skill and ability, you can also add a wig and a props to the order in addition to the costume. ALWAYS discuss with the commissioner what exactly you want (costume only, costume plus wig and/or prop(s)), price, estimated time for production, delivery and work-in-progress updates. Commissioning is always more expensive than ebay. But the higher quality and better control over the project is usually worth it.

Which of these you choose to use varies your search. Ebay is a bit easier to find reputable places. Commissioners require a lot more digging to find things out.