PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about making Chun Li accessories

stanbrenak
05-18-2011, 01:24 AM
So, I'm dressing up as Chun Li next month. Need some advice about the accessories. I'll buy a costume online, but I'm gonna make the accessories all by myself. So is there any tutorials about the accessories, or any tips?

mariacarlo
05-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Actually I've made the whole costume of Chun Li's couple days ago. And I also made a tutorial out of it. The tutorial has many details about making the Chunli accessories, including the scarf, the bracelet, the silk stockings and the boots. Check it out here (http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/how-to-make-you-an-outstanding-street-fighter-chun-li-cosplayer/)!

katherinee
05-18-2011, 04:20 AM
If you are not good at sewing, buy a costume online directly. It won’t be an easy matter to draw a design blueprint, find the ideal fabric and cut the desirable shape from the material. If you are not a Chun Li devotee, you may also not know how she looks on some details. So, to make the suit personally sounds like a big challenge. Why not make it easier?

elenaanddamon
05-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Chunli is my favorite character in Street Fighter````XD At the begining, i brought chunli costumes online like you. For making cosplay costume is a complicated matter. However, i found making costume is a funny thing. And i enjoy this feeling.
Maybe you can try to make the costume by your own hands next time.....

stanbrenak
05-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you, thank you, mariacarlo! You really help a lot! Your tutorial is great and detailed. It almost answers all the questions I wanna ask.

katherinee, I know that it won't be easy! But I think it'll be fun to study and make something out of nothing. That's what cosplaying is about, right?

katherinee
05-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Yes, most excellent cosplayers make their costumes personally. That will be really interesting, but challenging. I still think so, because I have tried. Anyway, once you feel to make a cosplay costume or prop is funny, just do it. Cosplay is actually a funny performance art. Just make sure you can make it look the style it should look like.