PDA

View Full Version : Dieselpunks?

Volnixshin
05-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Are there anymore members here that fall under dieselpunk? How to you incorporate it into your life?

I myself incorporate DP style fashion on a regular basis. Honestly wish I had a camera

Leadmill
05-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Are there anymore members here that fall under dieselpunk? How to you incorporate it into your life?

I myself incorporate DP style fashion on a regular basis. Honestly wish I had a camera

I'm currently working on a joint Dieselpunk project. We are primarily taking elements from the Brit WW2 asthetic. I'm basing mine off a Brit Para trooper but with Diesel-esque comms etc, some of my friends are doing USAAF and RAF aviators.

Ribii-chan
08-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm starting work on a Dieselpunk version of the Mad Hatter. Basing it roughly on 1940-50s American, and then embellishing as my creative muse directs me. I came to the revelation that doing MH as Dieselpunk makes perfect logical sense, since I can just have her in Wonderland as an outlet of PTSD.

Coming from Steampunk, I definitely don't know as much as I could yet about DP, but I get the feeling that I might be more attracted to it than SP. The whole concept, both stylistically and alt historically, is intriguing to me. There's definitely less of a following for it, but I think that's just due to the lack of exposure, and that many people have a hard time distinguishing between Steampunk and Dieselpunk, and to an extent, Cyberpunk.

ghosgreen
08-11-2011, 04:53 AM
I walk a line between Steampunk and Dieselpunk. I love both but I often find myself overall liking the style of dieselpunk a bit more. I love characters like the Shadow and the Sandman amongst other characters that take place right in that era. It's a slow going process to come up with stuff since steampunk has such a larger presence here and it keeps me busy with the group I'm part of but I did manged to put one thing together which can be found on my profile. It's got the classic 1930's look I wanted with the big long coat and fedora and with the respirator and goggles makes it perfect. The thing is hot to wear here but it's worth it.

As part of my everyday attire I haven't masted that yet. Mainly because the things I want to wear and achieve the look I'm going for is too hot and I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it everyday. I'm slowly working on it. Maybe when I'm out of college things will change a bit.

RivetSPOOn
08-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm a newly appointed Dieselpunk. :D Unfortunately it's a very rare occasion that I'd be able to wear anything fashionable so I don't plan on getting anytime soon, clothing-wise. :3 Like gosgreen it's simply too hot and uncomfortable.
For now I'm trying to incorporate the elements of it into my story writing and art. :D