PDA

View Full Version : Otaku Royale....Are You Ready?

Lady Ava
11-09-2003, 04:34 PM
What is the Otaku Royale?

Simple. Its a game. For the next three months, three non-okatu will be going head to head against each other to turn themselves from unknowing newbies to fully cosplayed and knowagible convention Otakus.

The Rules
These three guys have 3 months to prepare themselves for Katsucon by watching an anime (or playing a video game), studying one character, and then create a costume. Then, wear it to the con. Sound easy? It gets alot more interesting...

While at the con, they must do a list of things given to them. If they succeed in this, they get points, but if they fail, they loose points. The person with the most points at the end of the con will win the game.

This will be filmed over the three month spanned and at the convention. They will be giving video cameras of their own to show their work as we progress.

*Hosted by the wonderful YuffieLeonhart, and moderated by myself, Oshi, TyJILDown, and Suo18.* If anyone is interested in being a judge for the convention itself, please PM or E-Mail me and I will fill you in. 1 of the 5 judge's spots are already filled. Post here if you wanna help out in any way.

^_^

Giant Alucard
11-09-2003, 09:02 PM
I would love to help out in any way needed! lol!

Kurthy133
11-09-2003, 09:55 PM
oh wow. i don't know what i could do to help ~but thats an awesome idea!

i can't wait to see how it will turn out! ^^

Link Arroway
11-09-2003, 10:19 PM
:D this sounds really cool ava, I can help out if you need

Lady Ava
11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
There are a few things for those who want to be judges to fill out. I'll post a link to the forms as soon as their done.

I'll be starting up on this after my birthday. *next week* So, I hope that its gonna be good. ^_^

Oshi
11-10-2003, 12:55 PM
*dances a bit* This is gonna be so frickin coool >:D

I've said it before... We're gonna have three more con buddies after this XD

CHAOS
11-11-2003, 08:04 AM
This seems interesting. It's seems like a cool way to get newbies, like me, into anime. :)

Sorahana
11-11-2003, 02:41 PM
I pmed you about it a awhile ago. I can't wait for the forms to go up and how fun this is gonna be ^____^.

Lady Ava
11-11-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna write them up tonite CCAmanda. ^^

Nyoko
11-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Wow, that sounds cool! ^^ good luck!

Lady Ava
11-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Attention all People interested in partisapating in the Otaku Royale:

I will post the form for the judges either tonight or tomorrow morning. I can only have 4 to 6 judges, so if you wish to help with that, fill out the sheet and PM it to me ^^

Also, the trailer is about its completion stage. So, as soon as I get my server up and running again, I will post the trailer.

Lady Ava
11-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Once again, I'm sorry this is taking a long time to get the forms up, but I promise they will be here soon. ^^

Giant Alucard
11-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Don't woory, it's cool. We still got a while til Katsu (although I'm not going to wait til the last minute to do my costumes ever again).

TyJILDown
11-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Finally got the full scoop this weekend during the birthday dinner, nice to have full explanation in person. This shall be interesting...I look foward to thinking up riddles for the contestants to figure out since I cannot directly "help" them *grins*

T4uRu$k4tt
11-18-2003, 10:11 PM
wow, what a cool idea! i once threatened a friend that i would start a dating documentary at otakon (like the british one where it's friends vs family to find the person a date, lol) but this sounds much cooler! hehe
should be interesting! g'luck

RX 03
11-19-2003, 06:52 AM
Hey, I'd help anyway I can.

Is bugging Paul a bonus? XD

Oshi
11-20-2003, 08:45 AM
Alex: <^> >:P

Neko Cathy
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
I'd do it.... but I don't have any money... :(

RX 03
11-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Alex: <^> >:P

*thwack* Don't you show me the finger, you meshuganah you!

Lady Ava
11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Children! Children! Don't make me turn this thread around!

Ok, final call for Judges. If you have shown an interest, please PM me your E-mail addresses ASAP. I need to send you all your paperwork.

Yes, there is legal things that we need to take care of...

So, PM me ASAP ^^

Lady Ava
11-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Okay ladies and gentlemen. The project is offically under way.

Now, while we are waiting for the actual site to be built, which Oshi has agreed to do for us, I have constructed a temporary site.

http://www.geocities.com/ladysummoner19/otaku_royale.html

I'll have more things up during the course of the day, feel free to look around. ^^

yuffieleonheart
11-23-2003, 11:52 AM
now that i'm actually GOING to katsu it will be much easier for me to host it X3

Lady Ava
11-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Last call for everyone's Bios! I NEED (repeat) NEEEEEEED them ASAP!

This is the only way I'll be able to keep track of everyone and will let me keep my sanity all the more. So, please send them over soon.

CHAOS
11-24-2003, 03:44 PM
That for people who want to enter the "contest"?

Sorahana
11-30-2003, 09:41 AM
I sent my bio and just need to get my mom to sign the form wheee! I'm so excited about this =D.

Lady Ava
11-30-2003, 05:05 PM
CCAmada- thank you for your bio and paperwork ^_^

All the judges positions are now filled. Those who have been selected to be moderators have been notified and the players are finalizing their business with me.

Ok, about the website. Due to the fact that a new one is in-progress, there will be no big updates until the new site is done. I don't wanna give more work for Paul.

Mods- you will be receiving information on your people in the next few days, rules and other such things will be followed by the packet.

Judges- I will post the final list of who you all are in the next few days as well.

As for me...I'm gonna go recoop. from my cold...

Lady Ava
12-02-2003, 06:34 AM
To my mods and host:

Please IM me for information on receiving your passes from me. This is uber important.

Thank you ^_^

Lady Ava
01-16-2004, 09:20 PM
ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL INTERESTED IN BEING IN THE OTAKU ROYALE:

On the last day of the con, about noon, there will be a short filming shoot to record the opener of the show.
It will require the Host, Mods, and Judges to be there.
Also, you must have a set of all black clothes and a pair of black sunglasses. Sleek and stylish is the key.

If you want to be in this, PLEASE PM, IM, or E-Mail Me ASAP!
Its last minute....but if you all could come back, it would be awesome!

Giant Alucard
01-16-2004, 09:34 PM
hey lady ava, I'd be happy to help you out!

Ranma Saotome
01-16-2004, 11:44 PM
*insert coin*

I'm game... Are you? ^_~