PDA

View Full Version : cosplay.com group meeting?

Lyn
11-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey, as there does seem to be a good amount of us going to this con and since it's coming up soon, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to arrange an unofficial get-together during the con?

I mean, granted, we are going to probably run into each other throughout the con because it's such a small con (from what I've heard, this is my first time going) but I thought it might be nice to try to arrange a time and place some of us could meet up at and just hang out for a bit.

...or not. ^^; Just a suggestion. I'm usually very shy when meeting people, even if I've talked to them a lot online so I'm always nervous trying to get the courage to go up and say "hi" to fellow cosplay.com members when I see them at cons so I usually like to try these type of things in more chance of getting over my shyness.

Bethii-chan
11-09-2003, 07:45 PM
I think it's a good idea! I haven't met alot of cosplay.com members and it would be nice to meet some of you guys. I was to shy at Otakon to talk to anybody and I was also hungry too. But I also have a habit of not posting much here either...I just lurk in the background.

As for time and place, i have no clue as i haven't been to Anime USA for like...3 years O_o;;;

Neko Cathy
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
if there's a photoshoot involved, make it a Saturday.

Oshi
11-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Ehh, Saturday's always busy, why not Friday night? Late-ish, like 10PM?

Lyn
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Well, this isn't going to be an official photoshoot or anything since Al is not going and I don't know if any of the big name photographers are going either. But I'm sure if any people have cameras, it would be cool to get some group pictures in as well. But I was thinking mostly for just a chance to say hi and such to everyone and do some little group photo if anyone has a camera on them.

Personally I'd prefer Saturday sometime since there a number of people that won't be going to the con on Friday but either day is fine with me.

luvnpeese
11-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Yay!!!! Make it Saturday, b/c all the young'ns like me have skool on friday :-p

Neko Cathy
11-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Yay!!!! Make it Saturday, b/c all the young'ns like me have skool on friday :-p
Naw... I got work on Friday night. :( I'm only going for the day on Saturday.... but I might be over for Saturdaynight and be hanging around on Sunday. Either way, I got a hotel room w/ my gangstas :D

Oshi
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
There will be a Cosplay.com staff representative present for the photoshoot; Studmaster.

As for me, not sure if I'm gonna make it now. In fact, almost definately not gonna make it...

luvnpeese
11-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Yay! I think our group may be doing a skit cuz we'd be in the Youth Division. Cash prizes are always such an incentive :) If you see a wandering and confused Trigun group, say hello to the Elizabeth! ^_^ Sorry, that was off-topic...

Aquila
11-11-2003, 05:52 PM
If only I was going to wear my Millie costume to AUSA, 'cept I got a YuYu Hakusho cosplay group and I'm Shizuru! But yeah, I'd like to meet some people from here, I know I met some at Otakon, like DigitalCactus(He probably doesn't remember me) but I never wrote down who I met, I certianly will this time though!

Lyn
11-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Oshi - Sorry to hear that you might not make it. ;_; But thank you for the info about Studmaster! I didn't realize he was going. ^_^

rogue
11-11-2003, 11:25 PM
We're also for a Saturday photoshoot.

Fireflystar
11-12-2003, 12:02 PM
I'll be there Fri. and Sat. but I'll only be in costume on Friday. Saturday I'm wearing a gorgeous Sakura shirt that's too adorable not to show off ^^; Unless definite plans are made I probably won't show up for a shoot..I'm hosting a group of anime newbies through their first convention.

Studmaster
11-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Well, I might as well say that I am going to Anime USA, I will need to check with Admin to see if I can go ahead with organizing a gathering. I shall be back with info shortly.

KoreanEyez
11-12-2003, 07:47 PM
I'll be goin all three days and mostly hang around my table at the artist alley. It's called "Artivate Your Hunger" and my mascot is chibi Sexy no Jutsu! I'll be cosplayed as Quon from RahXephon ^^;

UnwantedKikyo
11-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Well thats what we did at neko and and there was TONS of cosplay.com people!!! I say sat. at like 1-2p.m. would be the best. cause then its not late late or too early.

luvnpeese
11-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Wait, isn't that during the DDR tounament? I say at around noon. Maybe we could all raid a resteraunt! XD

ki kuru kitty
11-12-2003, 11:37 PM
I'd just like to welcome Theme Music for the photoshoots. If anyone has CD's, tapes or Mp3 cds they'd like to play outloud just come to me. Also please tell me there is a dance at this place, cause if there isn't I'm making one myself baby. Who wants to join me in a lil 2 to tango.

luvnpeese
11-12-2003, 11:58 PM
There's a dance. And music sounds cool, except how are we going to play it? And would we be allowed to?

lunasreincarnat
11-13-2003, 01:25 AM
ill be there all 3 days!!! weee ill be in artist alley displaying my barbies dressed up as anime characters!!! wee maybe we should have it around artist alley on friday or sat?

ChichiriFreak
11-13-2003, 10:07 AM
yeah! I'm up for The Photoshoot on Saturday!. cause thats the only day I can go...-_-. Say the time and I'll be there! ^_^

Neko Cathy
11-13-2003, 12:41 PM
<<Wait, isn't that during the DDR tounament? I say at around noon. Maybe we could all raid a resteraunt! XD>>
Huh? I didn't hear them announce the DDR tourney :confused:. Where did you get that info from?

<<Also please tell me there is a dance at this place, cause if there isn't I'm making one myself baby. Who wants to join me in a lil 2 to tango.>>
Count me in. yes, there will be a rave ;)

ki kuru kitty
11-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Reow, nice to see you too Neko Cathy. Don't worry people, this Boombox is full of mercy and packed with Miracles. Nothing says an anime Con like backround music, I go nowhere without my themes.

Lyn
11-13-2003, 03:35 PM
I think we should do the photoshoot on Saturday since Friday is a bit iffy for a lot of people.

Any time is good for me. But does anyone by any chance know what times the costume hall judging is at on that day?

I've never been to the con before so I don't know what a good area would be so I'm open for suggestions. Around the Artists' Alley, as some of you suggested, does sound good since that's generally an easy thing to find.

ki kuru kitty
11-13-2003, 03:54 PM
people can still register at the con for Cosplay performing?

Anikiki
11-13-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if I had already said this, it's been hard to keep tracks of posts these days. But I may go to Anime USA, but only on a Saturday, due to money budgets. Must save moolah for Christmas and Katsucon.

BTW, nice Yusuke-neko avatar kitty.

Lyn
11-13-2003, 04:23 PM
people can still register at the con for Cosplay performing?

Well, yeah. Registration for the Masquerade doesn't close until 1pm on Saturday and you can't really register (as far as I know) until you get to the con anyways. But I was refering the hall costume contests. Which, as I recall, you just show up at the apropiate times at this room and fill out a form and such there.

luvnpeese
11-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Ya, there be a DDR Max 2 tournament. And it's at 2. So, will we go raid a resteraunt? Or at least the mall? *coughsuncoastcough*

ChichiriFreak
11-13-2003, 05:15 PM
On the website of Anime USA it said that the Saturday hall costume judging will be in the morning. the Times will be listed in the packet you get when your register.

Ohh raiding the resturant...sounds fun.

luvnpeese
11-13-2003, 05:17 PM
"Ohh raiding the resturant...sounds fun."

YOU ROCK!!! :-p

UnwantedKikyo
11-13-2003, 05:48 PM
It DOES!!! we raided dennys at neko^_^ everyone stared at us and are like isnt halloween over?? HAHA!!! that was funny! so what restraunt?? Oh and for the photoshoot I dont kare as long as its on saturday^_^ just not 12p.m. casue I think thats the dance or rave and yea I will be in my raver kikyo for that ^_^

ChichiriFreak
11-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmm..I can't remember what Resturants are there...but..we'll find out! and raid one! ^_^ it'll be fun!

luvnpeese
11-13-2003, 06:07 PM
You guys have so made my day :-D

Lyn
11-13-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm thinking that noon would be a good time then. Because that should hopefully be after the hall costume judging that morning and before the DDR Tournament.

Oooh, raiding the mall would be rather fun so maybe if anyone wants to do that after the photoshoot, we can. ^^

ChichiriFreak
11-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Hmm..the mall isn't such a bad idea either. Either would be fine with me. ^_^. both seem just as fun.

Aquila
11-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I'd love to raid the mall, but my group probably wants me to stay with them, lol. At Otakon, I remember going to the Burger King across the street, it was filled with Otakus, only about 5% were..."normal" people, and they looked scared. And several times at BK, and while standing outside the convention center, me and my friends got asked what was going on!

ki kuru kitty
11-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Yay! everyone going to hang out and eat together. This lil Neko boy just gonna tag along because he loves you so much! Hey speaking of Otakon, I remember sugesting I make a sign and give out massages to people who thought it was a good idea. But then after Otakon I hear people complaining bout how they were so sore from walking all day and wearing highheels. So don't feel bad to ask if you need a massage, I'd make a sign buy I'm lazy. ^_~ aren't I sweet enough to eat?

Neko Cathy
11-13-2003, 11:06 PM
<<Ya, there be a DDR Max 2 tournament. And it's at 2. >>
Is it US or Japanese version? And when are the tryouts? I'm planning to get to the hotl by around 9, depending on how fast Metro systems are. I wanna rock my body in Afronova in my Neko outfit like I did at Otakon... and get a 300 something combo going. ;)

<<You guys have so made my day :-D>>
::is reading this entire thread::

You people are fucking brilliant. :)

<<Oooh, raiding the mall would be rather fun so maybe if anyone wants to do that after the photoshoot, we can. ^^>>
Tyson's Corner Mall is INSANE. Especially when holiday shopping is closing in. I think the resturaunt idea is better.

Kuru.... wanna dance dance my revolution? (I'm kidding, nothing personal) :p

luvnpeese
11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
My group will be cheering you on!! Anyways, I dunno how you sign up; I guess you'll have to ask one of the contacts on their website. ^^;

HeeroJF
11-14-2003, 12:06 AM
I wanna raid things too! Has it been decided when and where the cospaly.com shoot was gonna be?

luvnpeese
11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
How about at noon by the main entrance? And then we can go to a resteraunt...and raid it... :-D

Neko Cathy
11-14-2003, 03:08 PM
My group will be cheering you on!! Anyways, I dunno how you sign up; I guess you'll have to ask one of the contacts on their website. ^^;

Heh... thanks. I wrote them an e-mail about something... and they NEVER responded, so that won't help. Well, I guess I'm going to have my group members (who will be at the con before me) do the spying for me. :)

I wanna be in on the raiding too.

Bethii-chan
11-14-2003, 03:11 PM
I wanna raid Tyson's or a restaurant too! That sounds like fun!

Neko Cathy
11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Actually, this question has been bugging me for awhile... how far away is the mall from the hotel?

ChichiriFreak
11-14-2003, 04:55 PM
The mall is....I have No idea. But i DO agree Tyson gets really Crowded and..very hectic with the Holiday season. >_<.

So the Photoshoot is at the main entrance at Noon?

And I'll be in raiding As well!! ^__^

ki kuru kitty
11-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey ladies and gents, looks like I'll be going through some Technical Difficulties, I won't be able to make it early friday. Why? Cause I gots an exam at College I can't miss otherwise I fail. I hope I don't miss anything to grand. (What's going on friday anyway) OTherwise, when I get there (And it'll be late at night) I'm gonna get this Party Started!

Hey Neko Cathy, You just name the songs and I'll do the steps. Reow, well I aint much of a DDR'er but you've seen me dance at Otakon during your DDR photoshoot. Hey girl, you know any hot songs I can dance to cause I need a lil insipiration.

Lyn
11-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Ok, let's go ahead and say that the photoshoot will be at noon at the main entrance unless a lot of people have a problem with it or something interferes.

Now, about what to do afterwards, I'm not sure. The restaurant seems like the best idea since we'll all probably be a bit hungry around that time. Though the mall would be cheaper for food but I don't know how far away it is or how crowded it will be, just that some people who went before suggested to me that it's fun to at least go over there for a little bit.

luvnpeese
11-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Heh, apparantly we're being dropped off at the con... so if/when we go to the restaurant/mall, can someone give me and my friend(s) a ride? ^^;

Neko Cathy
11-14-2003, 11:59 PM
<<Hey Neko Cathy, You just name the songs and I'll do the steps. Reow, well I aint much of a DDR'er but you've seen me dance at Otakon during your DDR photoshoot. Hey girl, you know any hot songs I can dance to cause I need a lil insipiration.>>
Damn straight, you's a damn good liquid dancer. Hey um... I can bring in my techno/Jpop CD. I was told by most people I have the best Techno list.

<<Though the mall would be cheaper for food but I don't know how far away it is or how crowded it will be, just that some people who went before suggested to me that it's fun to at least go over there for a little bit.>>
I just checked the hotel's website and Tyson's corner mall is 2 MILES away! Pretty close... but still, I perfer the resturaunt idea.

Oh yea... don't mean to boast, but my combo record for Dead End has just changed to 336. If the tourny is running off a Japenese version, expect one hell of a show.

ChichiriFreak
11-15-2003, 09:42 AM
<<Heh, apparantly we're being dropped off at the con... so if/when we go to the restaurant/mall, can someone give me and my friend(s) a ride? ^^;>>

hehehe..^_^;; thats the same problem with Me aswell. My best friend and I are being dropped off...so no ride..-_-;

Neko Cathy
11-15-2003, 10:10 PM
So.... we're all gonna walk in the cold. We can manage. I'm waiting for the Metro in the cold too :)

luvnpeese
11-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Oh okay.. we're walking... heh heh screw my last post then...

ChichiriFreak
11-15-2003, 10:14 PM
hmm....So we're all Walking then!..Alright then. ^_^

luvnpeese
11-15-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm gonna cast my vote against the mall idea.
#1 Some of us are only gonna be there 1 day. We wouldn't want to waste our time at a mall we can go to anyday.
#2 They have no good stores. Personally, the only stores I shop at are Hot Topic and Suncoast. Tysons Corner Center has neither of them.Why even bother going?
#3 We can sit down and relax at a restaurant. It's a lot friendlier and easier to hold a conversation. It's just alot niftier ^_^

ChichiriFreak
11-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Hmm...I do agree. Tysons Doesn't really have Many Shops to see....the only store there I go to is the music store that sells Anime dvds. and thats about it.

Fireflystar
11-16-2003, 12:15 AM
hey..tyson's corner has the dELiA*s outlet..

Lyn
11-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Well, if we end up being really divided on this issue, some can go to the mall while others go to the restaurant. Depending on which they prefer.

Now, with the restaurant, I haven't been in that area for quite some time and so I have no idea what's around there. Does any of the people that want to go there have any suggestions of a close and not expensive one?

Aquila
11-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm being dropped off too, and going to be with atleast 6 people, only 3 of us are from cosplay.com, so I dunno how things will work out, but I'm sure we can all go to a restaurant. Only one of us is a newbie to cons, so she might try to get us to stay, lol. So I guess the plan is: Friday, Noon, at the Main Enterance. If you see a big Yu Yu Hakusho cosplay group, I'm there! wh00t!

Neko Cathy
11-16-2003, 01:19 PM
<<#2 They have no good stores. Personally, the only stores I shop at are Hot Topic and Suncoast. Tysons Corner Center has neither of them.Why even bother going? >>
My best friend works at that suncoast :) She might not be in on that day because she might go to AUSA. Let's raid Suncoast in our costumes! :D

But that's true that there's not many... "exciting" stores at Tyson's corner. Last time I was there was shopping for my prom dress a couple months ago... and then my dad and I aiding someone who cut their head open in the parking garage beneath the stairwell >_<

<<#3 We can sit down and relax at a restaurant. It's a lot friendlier and easier to hold a conversation. It's just alot niftier ^_^>>
That's true too... but what if a nearby resturaunt is at the mall? Hopefully there will be one closer or I guess it's a raid to Tyson's Corner.

<<So I guess the plan is: Friday, Noon, at the Main Enterance.>>
No, it's on Saturday because most of us can't make it on that day. :(

luvnpeese
11-16-2003, 01:39 PM
"hey..tyson's corner has the dELiA*s outlet.."
Oh, sorry. I was just skimming through the directory; I haven't actually been there before. Anyways, I've never been to a delia*s so... yeah...

Speaking of Suncoast, I was at the mall last night and I bought my Trigun manga there. And in line, I was skimming through Animerica and there was two whole pages of Otakon pics!! And I was like, hey, I saw these people... and I know her, and him, and her!!! Ya, and the cashier lady was like, there were so many Yunas at Otakon. I was like, wow you went to Otakon? Nice. Heh, that was totally random rambling...

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neko Cathy
11-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Speaking of Suncoast, I was at the mall last night and I bought my Trigun manga there. And in line, I was skimming through Animerica and there was two whole pages of Otakon pics!! And I was like, hey, I saw these people... and I know her, and him, and her!!! Ya, and the cashier lady was like, there were so many Yunas at Otakon. I was like, wow you went to Otakon? Nice. Heh, that was totally random rambling...

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the lady was blonde, then that was probably my friend I spoke of. :)

5 more days until craziness... YAY!

luvnpeese
11-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was at the Columbia Mall. I've never actually been to the Tysons Corner mall; I've just seen its store directory ^^;;

luvnpeese
11-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Jackpot!
http://users.erols.com/bitebyte/tysons.htm

I think I'm going with either Phillip's or Ristorante Bonaroti just cuz I love crabcake and Italian food. I'll probably have like a $20 lunch budget. The restaurant we choose really depends on everyones' budget.

So, any suggestions?

I just called the hotel, and there are three resteraunts about a block away. Other restaurants need to be driven to :-p One's chinese, one's English, and one's Indian. He said all of them are excellent, esp. the chinese one. It isn't too expensive either.

lunasreincarnat
11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
meep i wana run around the mall on sat... (was already gonna do it on sun since ill be wearing a funky clown-like costumes)

im doing the BIG costumes contest, so as long as it doesnt interfere with that ill do the photoshoot.

Lyn
11-16-2003, 03:18 PM
im doing the BIG costumes contest, so as long as it doesnt interfere with that ill do the photoshoot.

It shouldn't interfere since the registration for that is like still open til 1pm Saturday and our photoshoot is at noon so I don't think you're required to show up for a few hours after that. Uh, assuming you mean the masquerade-ish contest and not the Hall costume contests, since those are Fri night and Sat morning. (I'm going to the one on Sat morning)

KoreanEyez
11-16-2003, 07:00 PM
woohoooo Rainforest cafe! (sorry i'm being random o_O)

ChichiriFreak
11-16-2003, 07:08 PM
I Have not been to that place in.......I have no idea. been a while. ^_^;

Aquila
11-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I guess we'll decide what restaurant we go to when we all meet up, hopefully I'll be there in time to meet everyone for lunch because I don't know if I'm leaving Friday morning or Thursday night, I hope thursday night because I'll be staying in MD. If not, I dunno what time I'll get to the con and register, and my groups Kuwabara and Yusuke won't be in costume, so look for a Botan(Or a giant Oar) and a Keiko and a Shizuru and a Yukina walking around with two strange looking guys O.o

PhantomCatcher
11-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Restaurant? *eyes get big* Fooooooooooooood? Count me in! I don't have any specific plans for the day, but, well, I guess this means I do now... It'll be great to meet everyone. :D

Turquoise
11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
count me in too:) so when and where are we meeting?

luvnpeese
11-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Noon on Saturday at the main entrance ^_^

Bethii-chan
11-17-2003, 09:27 PM
We're meeting on Saturday at noon by the main entrance. ^_^

Yay food!

Edit: *looks up* oh, i was beat to it...oh well

ChichiriFreak
11-17-2003, 09:41 PM
yay! Foood!! ^_^ can't wait to meet cha all'

Neko Cathy
11-17-2003, 09:58 PM
<<I think I'm going with either Phillip's or Ristorante Bonaroti just cuz I love crabcake and Italian food. I'll probably have like a $20 lunch budget. The restaurant we choose really depends on everyones' budget.>>
Phillip's is alright and can be pricey. Ristorante.... I don't think I've ever ate there, but I LOVE Italian.

<<woohoooo Rainforest cafe! (sorry i'm being random o_O)>>
I've been there twice and it's not THAT great (other than I like to stare at the fishies and space out,.... neato...). They used to have macaws at the entrance you talk to, but they took them out. :( The Rainforest Cafe is very expensive and overly CROWDED that we would have to book reservations or wait for 30 mins to about 2 HOUR for a table (mostly crowded during weekends). Last time I was there, my mom tried to get a table and the wait was an hour and a half.

If there is absolutely NOTHING spectacular going on at Anime USA, I'll criuse the mall. But for now if we meet up at noon, I perfer to eat light and nearby so I don't miss out on the DDR tournament (again).

Spiffy
11-17-2003, 11:12 PM
*glances around* The Aquilaperson bes making lots of plans for us. BWEE! :bigtu:

If not, I dunno what time I'll get to the con and register, and my groups Kuwabara and Yusuke won't be in costume, so look for a Botan(Or a giant Oar) and a Keiko and a Shizuru and a Yukina walking around with two strange looking guys O.o

...They aren't gonna be in costume? o__O;

Bohemian Puppet
11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey, I'm a friend of PhantomCatchers. Well... *feels small* I'll be cosplaying as Aura on Saturday... maybe I could meet some of you all when I go with PC.

Because you'll probably want to hang out with them more than me...

Aquila
11-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Not on friday, Steph, unless we completely force them too by dressing them O.o Which I REALLY don't want to do >.< And I'm not making too many plans..lol

So the meetup is on Saturday? That'll work better than on friday ^.^

Neko Cathy
11-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey, I'm a friend of PhantomCatchers. Well... *feels small* I'll be cosplaying as Aura on Saturday... maybe I could meet some of you all when I go with PC.

.... Aura from FFU?!

Spiffy
11-18-2003, 03:34 PM
*shrug* I'd dress them...

...waitasecond, no I won't. o__o;

Bohemian Puppet
11-18-2003, 04:31 PM
No, Aura from .hack//sign. o_o

PhantomCatcher
11-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Dont feel small, feel big! (*shouldnt be talking, as shes shorter*) And anyway, its just a group meeting thing (with FOOD! :burger: ), I'm sure no one will ignore you :D

dustbunny
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
I my groups Kuwabara and Yusuke won't be in costume, so look for a Botan(Or a giant Oar) and a Keiko and a Shizuru and a Yukina walking around with two strange looking guys O.o

Awsome!! I hope to see you and everyone else there. I'm being Kurama and my friend is being Youko. Hopfully we get Hiei to get ungrounded.(he is sucha Hiei sometimes it's scary.)

Ja ne

ki kuru kitty
11-18-2003, 07:50 PM
=D So whats for dinner?

Aquila
11-18-2003, 08:47 PM
I'm bringing Ramen! And my chopsticks, all I need is hot water cause its Ramen in the cups. Oh and Dustbunny, you have an account on Cosplaylab.com ne? Look up "Aquila", I have a really bad Belldandy costume on there, its from like...3 years ago.

ChichiriFreak
11-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Ahh Anime USA is drawing closer! i can't wait!! ^_^

Aquila
11-18-2003, 08:53 PM
I know! I'm so excited! Its my second con and I'm with a ton of my friends Eee! Its gunnah be great! Plus, we're all gunnah meet up ^.^

ChichiriFreak
11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
hehe yeah..I have alot of other friends that are going but are not of Cosplay.com. -_-;;

but anyway! I can't wait to meet cha all!...and I'll have my best friend taggin along wiff me. ^_^;

luvnpeese
11-18-2003, 09:32 PM
I still think we should go to that Chinese restaurant. Who knows, they may have sushi on the menu XD

ki kuru kitty
11-19-2003, 12:12 AM
Ahhh! No Chinese food, >D Whats with you people and your asian fetishes! Oh wait, what am I saying. I'm one too, crackpots!

lunasreincarnat
11-19-2003, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=luvnpeese

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

i think it would be kinda funny to browze the anime section of sun coast in our costumes haha >.<

ChichiriFreak
11-19-2003, 03:55 PM
That Would be so Cool and funny to have people stare..and more or so people who actually know who we're supposed to be and such. ^_^

Aquila
11-19-2003, 08:38 PM
It would be awesome! But yeah, actually chinese food sounds good, and most chinese restaurants have Sushi now, atleast most that I've been to O.o I'm so excited, cons are the one place I feel like I fit in! Its so great ^.^

luvnpeese
11-19-2003, 08:49 PM
2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited guys ^_^

ki kuru kitty
11-19-2003, 08:57 PM
*Brings a tear to his eyes* ;-; I'm gonna be so happy when I get in that hotel. The first thing I'm gonna play my music a loud and point at the first PERSON in costume of someone will point at me.
XD "ITS THE GUY WITH THE BOOMBOX!"

luvnpeese
11-19-2003, 08:58 PM
yayyyyy for musakkk

ki kuru kitty
11-19-2003, 09:01 PM
People will probably be leaving 2morrow, does anyone know the OFFICIAL meetup time for event and stuff! Don't worry, if you see me alone and want me around you just steal me or something.

Lyn
11-19-2003, 09:10 PM
Well, I thought it'd already been said a few times before but I'll repeat again to make sure we're all on the same track.

The photoshoot will be at noon on Saturday at the main entrance. What we're going to do after that is undecided and I figure we'll just figure out if we really want to do anything together after that. Since I'm sure not everyone is going to want to go to the the restaurant or mall.

Oh, and I'll be wearing Kamijo (look in my costumes for reference) costume on Saturday so look for the big blue hat if you want to find me. ^^; On Friday I'm just wearing my Punk Cloud costume (see avatar).

Spiffy
11-20-2003, 06:16 AM
*superubermegabounce* ARG I CAN'T WAAAAIT

Neko Cathy
11-20-2003, 10:20 AM
<<No, Aura from .hack//sign. o_o>>
:(

<<I still think we should go to that Chinese restaurant. Who knows, they may have sushi on the menu XD>>
Last time I went to a Chinese restuarant for a con (Katsucon), I ended up deaing w/ mental rehab people. This one lady suddenly yelped and ducked for cover right under my table from the social workers, who dragged her squealing ass out out from underneath. It was kind of funny... but hearing people scream in terror on the top of their lungs ruins my dinner :(

Oh yea, not all Chinese resturaunts have Sushi unless they offer japanese dishes. Chinese and Japanese aren't culturally friendly neighbors if you understand what I'm saying. I'm up for Chinese either way. General Tso's in my belly... :)

<<i think it would be kinda funny to browze the anime section of sun coast in our costumes haha >.<>>
I was thinking the same thing... but why waste time Suncoast when Anime USA has the same stuff they sell? O_o

<<It would be awesome! But yeah, actually chinese food sounds good, and most chinese restaurants have Sushi now, atleast most that I've been to>>
That actually depends... the chinese restuarants I've been to in VA had NO SUSHI on the menu.

As for costume line up... expect Raver Neko Cathy for the photoshoot. I'm traveling on the metro as her because it will be too cold for Yuni to be out waiting for the metro and the shuttle bus. Yuni will make an appearance for the DDR tournament and Raver for tryouts.

luvnpeese
11-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Yeah, on the one hand, there can be horrible quality Chinese food, but there are also some fine Chinese restaurants. I really have no idea how this one is though. There are two others if it sucks.

ki kuru kitty
11-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Expecting Time! Ok, these are my choices of travel. Either Amtrak Student price 75 bucks to get to D.C around 11:30. But having to take a Taxi to the con. Um, does anyone know how far Union Station is to the hotel I don't wanna pay another 75 for a taxi.

Other choice is GreyHound. I'd take a bus at around 9 and get there 10 in the mornind saturday. for 35 bucks. I prefer Train I've always wanted to go on a train.

ChichiriFreak
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
yaay!!..Anime USA is tomorrow!!...but i won;t be there till Saturday morning...>_<. but ohwell. Can't wait to meet cha All! ^_^

Bethii-chan
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Ki Kuru Kitty - you could take the train to Union Station, then get on the metro. You take the Red line going towards Shady Grove and you get off at Metro Center then transfer to the Orange line going towards Vienna/Fairfax and then get off at Dunn Loring and take the hotel shuttle bus. It's alot cheaper than taking a taxi. ^_^

ki kuru kitty
11-20-2003, 07:15 PM
=D cool I'll get to Vienna before taking a taxi to the hotel, no shuttles late at night I think. I hope this guys aren't anal about loud music, its not against the law to play music a loud is it? (in VA)

Bohemian Puppet
11-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, my Aura costume finally looks decent, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. *was tempted to say "ya'll"* Well, I would like to be in the DDR tournament, does anyone know when it actually starts, admission fee, criteria, etc...?