PDA

View Full Version : Non-Disney Princess Club

candyintherain
05-21-2011, 10:39 AM
My friend and I are doing a non-disney princess group cosplay. I'm going as Anastasia and she is going as Thumbelina. We have some other friends who might go as Odette from Swan Princess and Kayley from Quest for Camelot. I think it'll be really cool, but I'm not sure how many people will recognize us.

mylilpazuzu
05-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Odette and Anastasia are certainly recognizable, though most people will probably mistakenly call you Disney princesses anyway. I'm planning an Odette costume in the future, because the Swan Princess was my favorite movie at a certain point in my childhood. I personally love that you've got a Thumbelina as well. :3 Props for reaching beyond the instantly-recognizable franchise.

She's not a princess, but I went got really excited when I saw an Amalthea (The Last Unicorn) cosplayer this year at ACen. So, you may not have as many people who know your costumes, but the ones who do will be really appreciative.

Oooh, you could have a Princess Camille from Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland! Though that's even more obscure than Quest for Camelot or Thumbelina.

candyintherain
05-30-2011, 09:57 AM
We actually have an... acquaintance? A friend of a friend, I suppose, who has mentioned doing the princess from Finding Nemo. She's a bit of a flake, however, so we aren't counting on it. It'd be cool, though!