PDA

View Full Version : Sharingan contact lenses?

Syaoran fan
11-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if there was such a thing as a custom contact lens that could make it look like I have Sharingan eyes (from Naruto, see Kakashi and Sasuke's eyes) If they dont exist already does someone know where I could get them made?

Ali
11-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Right here.

They make both kinds. (bottom right.)

http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html

Syaoran fan
11-10-2003, 12:51 AM
wow thanks Ali !!! This is great!

Claireon
11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Whew... I thought you were gonna be asking about "sharing a contact lens" and was all set to read you the riot act about how un-hygenic it is. :p

yukitoLeonheart
11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
does anyone want to bye a pair and split it so we each get one Kakashi..........please. no one seems to know but I made those and got them to make them have the look as well as produce them -_-. I didn't get anything from it, except now Naruto fans have them. I really want one.

Syaoran fan
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
I really want them too! Just one kakashi would be cool. But dont you think it would be fun to wear two Kakashi and freak out your friends? haha.

But really, I wish I had $200 bucks to buy a pair. Yes, they cost $200 a pair!!!!!!!!!!! Plus extra for perscriptions, and shipping.....

KaitouKurogo
11-10-2003, 10:51 PM
They're pricey, but I'm getting them...I'm buying a Black Sclera pair as well as a Sasuke pair. ^_^ Wa-haha....those contacts blow all the other Sasukes out of the water!

yukitoLeonheart
11-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Cringes, will someone please buy a pair and each get one with me, I want one of my contacts I made........ :'(

Catboi Blues
11-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Have no fear. I'll help you out when I come across some cash. Since we each only need one, we just each pitch in half. Hopefully I'll be able to afford it soon.

yukitoLeonheart
11-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Finally, I have been wanting to buy one for so long.....nice! I am excited as heck!

Akujin-sama
11-28-2003, 12:58 PM
how long do contacts last? I'm on the border line of needing glasses/contact lenses so if i end up needing them i'd want something like those.

yukitoLeonheart
12-03-2003, 12:26 PM
OK, I couldn't wait, and it take's 2 weeks to make them, so I ordered them today, finally. I was like, can I order the one's I made, he's like oh yea! I was like nice.............. so by like Christmas I will have them.

BTW, if you are going to order anything from them DO IT NOW! They are $50 off.

Also, these last for 4 years vs normal long one's that last for 1 year.

Catboi, I will be holding it, so now instead of $110, it's $85 for the one. That's not bad.

satsuki
12-03-2003, 11:10 PM
wow. the stuff on their site is so awesome!

i like the blue vampire eyes!

chesh
12-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Ooooo. . .
And just an FYI:
This place looks quite legit. HOWEVER, there's a bunch of places running around right now selling non-FDA-approved speciality contacts. Yes, that can happen; the FDA doesn't have that many employees (9000? I think?). And yes, I talked to somebody who works for the FDA in the biomedical department.

Just, be careful, OK? If $20 a pair for cat-eyes seems too good, you bet your eyesight it is. These suckers can be dangerous if you're not getting quality ones.

:: end rant ::

yukitoLeonheart
12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
OH They are legit, they make contacts for pepsi, beer commercials, some Hellraiser movies, a lot of Hollywood stuff. Their contacts feel........ different at first. They are thicker it seems. But just like normal contacts, you forget they are on in like 5 minutes. I have a pair, and if I could get a certain wig, I could show them off, that is, if you know who Ukiya Ayane is..........

xrj
12-04-2003, 09:28 PM
yes these are legit. if you saw the movie underworld, 9mmsfx is credited for the vampire lenses.

but anyway, i have a pair of the sharingan contacts for my itachi costume. they do feel different b/c they are quite thick, like yukitoLeonheart said. it'll take a bit to get used to.

overall i love the contacts, but one complaint i have is that the three dots on it are really small. you can barely see them. and since my eyes aren't that big in the first place, you don't see one of the dots unless i open my eyes real wide. but i'm not gonna walk around a con w/ my eyes forced to be open wide just so you can see the dots. gah.

chesh
12-05-2003, 11:09 AM
I wasn't saying that this place was a bad place to get contacts.
Sorry. I was trying to say that you need to be careful and find places like 9mmsFX and be prepared to spend the extra money, because there's places out there that are not legit (not FDA approved). The extra cost of the good places is worth the fact that they almost definitely won't blind you or permanently disfigure you.

yukitoLeonheart
12-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Well, I am fixing the problem now as we speak, I am so sorry XRJ, if it's bad I'll ask what they can do. I remade the design last night so that they are VERY noticable, and I will ask for a sketch. BTW.......Chicago rocks. I came home, fixed him his drink.........

killerdbz
12-16-2003, 11:05 PM
a suggestion is to ask them to make the dots bigger. sence all contacts are made to order it shouldnt be too hard to ask for bigger dots.

yukitoLeonheart
12-17-2003, 04:57 PM
It already has been taken care of :). Two weeks ago, I redesigned them! I will show you all the new product Friday or Mondy, not sure when I am getting them. They have the size of the manga, but the design of the anime. They look awesome, I am sorry that they weren't correct before, please forgive me.

yukitoLeonheart
01-02-2004, 10:50 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!! They came today, and I was like blown away by how perfect they are...... They make you eye look huge, deadly, and the updated size....... it's amazing............ My schematics worked!!!!!

Oh jeez, wait until later on today, you guys are going to be blown away by them...... and Morgan (sewingcatboi) you are going to be like!!!!!!!!! Nice job!!!!

WOW these came out well......... I think I should tell them to permanently switch to this version...... You guys be the judge of this one.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=101859&password=&sort=1&cat=500

there it is, this one is Morgan's, mine is.......... currently in use more then likely....... Oh wow I like these!!!!!!!

So, should I change the design to these permanently, or, what should I do?

Aereus
01-21-2004, 04:15 AM
I wonder how much it would cost to get them to make the Shannon Casull lenses when he is fused with Zefiris (Scrapped Princess) All yellow eye with orange-ish dragon iris... Not that I could afford to buy a pair for the undoubtedly $200+ for like another year lol...

yukitoLeonheart
01-21-2004, 05:45 AM
actually, I think I might be able to get them for $150 a pair and the $20 shipping still..............Maybe if I was like pwease..........indeed I know I have generated a lot of sales for them, but just creating them has already been enough. If you'd like, when you are ready for them I can design them for you. I love designing contact lenses.

naruto345
01-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Me myself I'd like a pair of those contacts as well but I'm kinda on a budget at the moment cause I'd buy both Kakashi and Sasuke's that way if I have both bases covered but sadly I don't have 400 bucks to spend on it at the moment :waaaah: oh well I will eventually get a pair incase I ever get the guts to do a Kakashi,Itachi,or Sasuke costume but at them moment I'm just trying to decide on my first costume.

madhatterr104
01-22-2004, 02:09 PM
just wondering..has anyone used crazy eyes before? do u like them? do they last? how much did u pay for them?
(walmart has them for $18 a lens)

thanks!

sniper001
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
18$ a lens for one like those?

LLC
04-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I ahve used 9mmSFX for years.

Their lenses are all FDA approved. The one nice thing is that they can custom make a design and have a large amount of lee-way in prescription strengths if you require corrective lenses.

Crazy Eyes and Wild Eyes are fine for what they offer. The big difference is that the corrective power is not as wide and they will not do special designs. Also, 9mmSFx is about the only place I that have had any luck at all with full schelra's.

No I do not have an affiliation with them (though I wish I did). After dropping probably several thousand (US) on specialty lenses, I am pretty particular about who I will get lenses from.

cap'n
04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Darn, replied too late to split a contact pair. T_T

yukitoLeonheart
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
LLC I so want to see your collection. I love designing for 9mmsfx and my free fun job, I just have always loved contacts since I was young and saw Wes Boreland (Sclera, too). those were just amazing.

Papercut
04-28-2005, 10:34 PM
i wasn't able to view the newly designed sharingan contact lenses, but.. just thought i would suggest a little bit of something for them incase it hasn't already been noted ;) (im working on the idea of the 9mmSFx web pics...)

Basically, for all sharingan, i noticed in both manga and anime. Between each "dot" so to speak there is a fine line joining them together. This has been shown in a picture of lenses that i saw that came with the latest Inane scan of the manga. (chapter 257)

Other than that, from what i can see they are pretty sweet, im considering getting a pair myself, although the cost is a little more than i have at the moment, i will most likely purchase a pair in the future~ :P

peace :skidude2:

TigerofThewind
04-29-2005, 11:33 AM
um are they easy to see out of

i have good eyesite so i dont need a presciption pair will they cost less

EvetscipE
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
there's a thing i like to do in my school, because i get picked on alot, i usually warn people that if they keep pissing me off they wont like what happens, and if they keep doing it, i get one of the guys i know in the year below me to get into a fight with me(pretend fight obviously) ad just before the fight i put in the sharingan contacts and throw him onto the grass or kickhim to the ground and look at anyone behind me with real anger in my eyes i walk through the halls with those contacts for the rest of the day with people staying away from me, one look is enough to send hose dipshits the other way.

i love being the only one in my year who watches anime ^_^

oh, and also, i found a cool way for sharingan out of commas and a colon:

';' not perfect, but better than ,:, anyway, there's my story and my first post on the site :P

EDIT: Whoa! first post in 4 years...old thread yet it still shows up on google search xD

master_turtle
01-18-2010, 09:31 PM
http://geosupplier.blogspot.com/

Seena-Cha
01-19-2010, 07:22 PM
yep they exist.

RICEDUCK
01-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Ohemgee.
I was skimming through and wooow $200 a pair?
WALMART LENSE? not saying its bad but ... that's kind of getting a skateboard at walmart.
SUCKS bawls. I skateboard so I faceslapfloor at their quality
There are like many reliable sources on facebook D: less than 40
+ they are usually cheaper if you don't have prescription.
You can also order if you live in toronto, and they drop it off at their shop in pacific mall.
It's really awesome; I got a pair and I've been wearing it for a long time. My eyesight has not gotten worse + they don't kill you

penguins-galore
11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
they don't have to be $200!! And I know this post is almost a year old but you can get ones for about $22 US. www.pinkyparadise.com has really good contacts, a lot of sharingan contacts AND the shipping is very fast

Linzi2011
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Depending where you live, I managed to find ones here http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/sasuke-contact-lenses.cfm?sCurrencyCode=USD#reviews

Hopefully this helps! :)

SeitenMaoh
12-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Itachi. I was attracted by his mysterious characteristic.

Aearon
01-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, you can find shops and online retailers that offer much cheaper lenses than 9fx. However, they'll often be less comfortable and won't hold up as well. Generally for me, I go with cheap if it's a cosplay accessory and more expensive lenses for my everyday use. You can always take them out after you're done for the day at the con or carry around eye drops(saline solution) if your eyes dry up with the cheap lenses.

The place I generally go through is www.justlenses.com. However, if you want a novelty/specialty lens like Itachi, Kakashi, various other sharingan, you'll end up paying $100-$120.
I can personally vouch for their service, customer support, and quality of lenses.