PDA

View Full Version : Metrocon 2004

Omi
11-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Is anyone going to metrocon 2004, if you know...the date i found out and i am happy is July 9-11...so if yuou are going do you know what your doin!!Im going as Black Mage yuna and were going have gunner rikku, and trainer paine!YEAH!So if anyonw ould like to join us...feel free!

yummyfire
11-21-2003, 04:57 PM
I will most likely go....
And this will be my lineup!

Fri- Naruto (Naruto)
Sat- Beat (Jet Grind Radio)
Sun- Haku (Naruto) (if I'm lucky)

Omi
11-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Well i sure hope you do come, yummyfire. I will be looking for a short person^_~I remember you giving my friend the candy bar. You looked so cute in your Naruto outfit!Hope to see you there.

Susumari
11-23-2003, 12:10 PM
OMAYY! I'm going...with none other then
*YOU*!

I'm really looking forward to next yr at Metro. It'll be so cool. Hopefully you'll have food this time..lol. Yummyfire...your going! ^_^ yep.

one con at a time.

Raine
11-24-2003, 06:56 PM
As for Nikki's little "group" (Nikki, me, Joanie, Kei & Arisa), until we know what's going on with the Final Fantasy Ball, the answer is a no. No offense but it sucked pretty bad, except the dances.

Nooj
11-27-2003, 06:08 PM
I loved metro AFO was the one that sucked. Yesh im doin Gippal and whatever other 2 from my longt list i pick out of my hat! ^____^ What else are we doin *susu voice* OMAYYY?

Lucifer
11-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Personally I wouldn't bother with Metro, unless I somehow was involved in the FFball. Doubt that will happen, however.

SuthrnBelleChan
12-01-2003, 08:04 AM
i MIGHT check it out, if i do it'll be Dark Mage RIkku, Count D and Shakbari

yuffieleonheart
12-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Personally I wouldn't bother with Metro, unless I somehow was involved in the FFball. Doubt that will happen, however.

Ditto =o! so yea it's not been decided yet

Omi
12-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Well I hope all you guys come! I agree the ffball did pull everything together though. ^_^ I just hope it will be as good as the last one and I don't have to go home early. ^______^

SuthrnBelleChan
12-04-2003, 06:28 AM
I may come. It'll really depend on my money stuation at the time becuse that's right about when i move into my dorm to start my first year of college. so money will be really tight.

scandia
12-04-2003, 07:55 AM
I'll go because it is a few exits down the interstate from me. But I do hope there are more things to do next year, so that there won't be as many lulls. I have not made or even planned any new costumes for it, so as far as I know, I'll be Nadeshiko on Saturday, and perhaps Ruri on Friday and Kotori on Sunday or vice-versa.

Susumari
12-06-2003, 11:53 PM
eh..i really don't care anymore on good cons or not. i might like it so, i go to proove myself wrong or right. so i'm going to all of em next yr

SuthrnBelleChan
12-08-2003, 08:14 AM
I'm going to try to go to every sinle one that i can. But i only know a few for definate. If there's a cosplay group, or if i have money by then then i'll defiantely come

Omi
12-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Well I hope there are many groups. I know we are doing one! I love it when there is groups. Well Bellechan I hope you find your group!

Princess_Hotaru
12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
I am -very- late. x.x; I just thought I might tell you guys that I'm going next year aswell. I still don't know what I'm going to do yet, but, I'll figure out something.

Kaori-chan
12-21-2003, 09:29 PM
I hope I can go! I had alot of fun last year, and I'd like to revisit my first con. Anyone know if it has a website yet?

Princess_Hotaru
12-23-2003, 11:19 AM
It does...x.x' I just forgot the address to it. o.o' Or, I think it does anyways.

Ihrie
12-25-2003, 06:13 AM
I'll probably be going to MetroCon, and hopefully I can do the FFBall again (that's up to Aaron) But I did have a good time there. It was almost as fun as AWA! The con that sucked for me last year was definatley MegaCon. I will not be going to that one this year.

Kaori-chan
12-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Uh-oh....I'm going to Megacon! What was wrong with it? Oops, off topic. So the FFBall's coming back? Hopefully I can go if I can make it to Metrocon this time around. It sounded really cool.

Leona Almasy
01-19-2004, 06:23 PM
The Metro Con website is this: http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/control.cfm
They're still working on updating it though, so you'll have to keep an eye on it for the news. I'll most likely be going again, although I'm not sure I'll have the money for new costumes or even improving the ones from last year. >.> I need a job. I had a good time at Metro last year, except for personal issues that had nothing to do with the con itself and everything to do with a person I no longer speak to. <.< Hope tp see people there. And maybe this year we can actually work out a photo shoot or some other sort of get together.

Susumari
01-20-2004, 09:41 AM
well there's still a long while for them to decided what's happening. yes! the same place. i really liked that hotel. i remember when we were like where is it! it was behind that big trees lol! FFball. is the best thing i've ever went to

Princess_Hotaru
01-20-2004, 03:42 PM
I would have to agree..^^; The convention was a lot of fun, and it being my first convention and all..Plus, the FF Ball was a lot of fun and so were the other dances, and so was seeing other people in costumes aswell. o.o; I hope I'll get to meet some of you guys next year..^^;

Ruby-Chan
01-22-2004, 03:30 AM
well my husband and I and our group of friends will definetely be there. We've already began working on our costumes for Floridas con season. I didn't even attend the ffball last year, so thats not really much of a factor to me. Metro was our first con, so it has a special place in our memories =). Although I don't know which costume/costumes I will be wearing for Metro my cosplay list for this season is- Terra from FFVI in esper form, Kotoko from Chobits, and white mage from FFXI

Susumari
01-22-2004, 09:35 AM
you'll be seeing me there. but as who. who ever knows with me

Nooj
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
My 1st draft of costumes will be:

SeeD Squall with my Ballroom rinoa friend Kristin ^_^
Shugo/Kite from .hack//dusk (and the games)
And either Gippal, Kingdom Hearts II Sora, or Vivi, (this will change once i find out what the FF Ball theme is, i definately want to be in that ^_^)

O_O I hope it isnt in the same hotel this year! Who else rembers the ellevator incident? The doors opened on the wrong side and brittany ran out screaming, then another time me and Becca we're stuck on the sencond floor for like 15 minutes
-___- i fear elevators now.

Ruby-Chan
01-28-2004, 11:22 PM
i didn't have any problems with the elevators...other than waiting a long time sometimes...but that happens at any con hotel. According to the site it is going to be the same hotel. I like that...no map for me this year cus i already know where i am going =)

makio
01-29-2004, 07:04 AM
LoL, elevators are always going to be a problem with hotel cons. I usually take the stairs, but it wasn't until Sunday that I actually found'em! o_o;

I'm going to go to Metrocon again this year, provided it's in a rental car or something. Part of the problem I had with Metrocon weekend last year(not the staff's fault, mind you)... was the ride there from Orlando to Tampa. A bad bumper-to-bumper accident eventually lead to me not being able to have as much fun as I would've liked. >_> And I won't even go into the domino effect of expenses that followed, keeping me from seeing Otakon again.

I also look forward to another FFBall(Ihrie and I were in it last year), but no I don't know the theme either. I'm hoping for a FFTactics based theme. :D

Omi
01-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Yeah i do remember the stupid elevator! 0_0 i was outta there so fast! then i looked for the stairs and i couldnt find them! we went to both sides but still nothin -_- how could you not have stairs! who were we with...i dont remember at all i know we were with someone else...eh oh well...

Susumari
01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah i do remember the stupid elevator! 0_0 i was outta there so fast! then i looked for the stairs and i couldnt find them! we went to both sides but still nothin -_- how could you not have stairs! who were we with...i dont remember at all i know we were with someone else...eh oh well...

lol! you were with your friend right. whoever she was. MAN! i was right in FRONT of the door! ...

i've been wondering. why would an elevator have 2 doors? lol

Susumari
01-29-2004, 10:00 PM
O_O I hope it isnt in the same hotel this year! Who else rembers the ellevator incident? The doors opened on the wrong side and brittany ran out screaming, then another time me and Becca we're stuck on the sencond floor for like 15 minutes

as I said to Omi...I WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR AND I TURN AND SEE GRAY
*ehem*

SADLY IT IS AT THE SAME PLACE. I went to check the site out and it said the same place

Ruby-Chan
01-30-2004, 03:15 AM
personally i liked to hotel. except that it was really hot in the ballroom during the dances. but i think that just cus there were so many ppl dancing and sweating and stuff. also, i was lucky enough to get my suite right across from the con suite...which just ruled...free food and lots of pocky and ramune ^_^

makio
01-30-2004, 03:24 PM
I've got nothing against the hotel either - save for me finding the stairwells so late! But since I know where they are now, I'm using them next time! The staff was really nice, the rooms were a lot better than most con-hotels(AFO4's hosting hotel had the worst... I think the con staff got gyped). I just hope Metrocon offers more events to hook people in for the entire weekend.

Lucifer
01-31-2004, 08:35 AM
I've talked to many people, and most are just hoping that there is no recap of the 'event issues' that occured last year. That's one of the main reasons I didn't like the con, that and lousy admission process.

makio
02-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Lu' --- Congrats on being CosplayLab's spotlight. :) Very cool work! Keep it up!

As for the events... I don't think I actually attended any panels. I did catch a mini game, saw both the costume/cosplay contests, but didn't see any anime or anything.

Kaori-chan
02-07-2004, 08:31 PM
What kind of event issues are you talking about, Lucifer? I was only there on Sunday last year so I wouldn't really know. And yes, their elevators were evil. They were way to slow. And does anyone else think that stairs should be a LITTLE easier to find than that? (o.O)

Kaze
02-10-2004, 05:52 PM
I could literally walk to Metrocon, I don't see why I wouldn't go. I went last year and I don't mind the hotel actually n.n;; but I did hear about the elevators..and that sucks ...I'm mad afraid of thoes things...

Susumari
02-12-2004, 05:58 PM
oh! and i loved the penthouse! AWESOME

Princess_Hotaru
02-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Eh, well, I've finally found out what line of costume I'm going to do for Metrocon. Possibly Summoner Yuna, if I can finish it in time. Eh..yeah. I totally loved the hotel. It was the best part of me going to Metrocon. Anywho...Yeah.

Neko_Kaolla
02-15-2004, 06:58 PM
I am going if my sister and her BF are (they are my ride). It is going to be my Florida con debut and this is the lineup:
Friday: Fuu jammies
Saturday: Ruri Sawasa

If there is a FFBall and my Gunner Rikku is done, I will wear that as well.

Susumari
02-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I am going if my sister and her BF are (they are my ride). It is going to be my Florida con debut and this is the lineup:
Friday: Fuu jammies
Saturday: Ruri Sawasa

If there is a FFBall and my Gunner Rikku is done, I will wear that as well.
Yep, there is one

ginsengfairy
02-16-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll be there! As Lenne. :D

YuffieKeychain
02-26-2004, 09:31 PM
My 1st draft of costumes will be:

SeeD Squall with my Ballroom rinoa friend Kristin ^_^
Shugo/Kite from .hack//dusk (and the games)
And either Gippal, Kingdom Hearts II Sora, or Vivi, (this will change once i find out what the FF Ball theme is, i definately want to be in that ^_^)

LOL I do! XD

makio
02-27-2004, 02:50 AM
The FFBall theme this year is based upon VII/Advent Children. :cool:

As for the elevators, I hope I get a hotel room this year that's closer to the stairs. @_@

mitylene
02-27-2004, 09:59 AM
I am definately going to be there! Metro was really fun. The staff are really nice. Too bad it's sooo close in time to AX and I had to miss AX because of it :p

anime human chess just sounds awesome! I wish I could participate if only I still live in the tampa bay area !

http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/control.cfm?ID=1525

childdoll
02-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Yay FFVII based FFBall! Woohoo! I am so psyched! ^_^

Orie-chan
03-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I'll be attending! I can't wait from what I've read, this seems like it will be allot of fun! I really need to finish my costumes if I'm going to make it in time!

Lucifer
03-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, so turns out I am going to Metrocon. For a good reason though.

YuffieKeychain
03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah, so turns out I am going to Metrocon. For a good reason though.
:D yay!!
^_^

Kaori-chan
04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I can't wait for Metrocon! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go, so I need to get into gear if I want to finish all the costume stuff I need to finish before then! This was my first con (hehe....my first con, Tampa's first con, first Metrocon. ^^ ) and I really wanna return. It was so much fun! I like how the hotel restaurant had a special con menu too. That was a really good idea. And those lunch box thingies too... those were pretty good.

Neko_Kaolla
04-05-2004, 01:13 PM
UPDATAGE: I am going (that is a duh) and I applied for the FFBall. I will not being doing Rikku at all til AFO (rather debut her there). No word from Aaron yet about the ball, though. The annticipation is KILLING me! =>.<=

makio
04-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Best of luck on getting in. :) I know he'd been busy lately getting the site up and running. Coincidentally enough(well, to your signature at the time)... I'm bringing my unworn Duo Maxwell costume to Metrocon along with Bob Makihara(Tenjou Tenge) and Rude(FFVII).

Lucifer
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
We TURKS are going to rock. There is no question about it.

Neko_Kaolla
04-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Best of luck on getting in. :) I know he'd been busy lately getting the site up and running. Coincidentally enough(well, to your signature at the time)... I'm bringing my unworn Duo Maxwell costume to Metrocon along with Alucard(Castlevania) and Rude(FFVII).

Okay-if you wear Duo, prepare for glompage. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

pyrosam
04-29-2004, 04:09 PM
yay Im going to metro-con... Ive heard alot of good stuff about it and alot of bad stuff.... cough...elevators....cough...cough... but yay I have a naruto group of freinds going!!... which the theme will not be named... ^^in honor of kaori-chan... and Im looking forward to my second con... ^^

Melfina
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm about 99% sure I'll be going. I just have to get off my lazy behind and make my Soujiro costume :thumbsup:. I hope to see you all there!

P.S. The anticipation is killing me too!

Susumari
04-30-2004, 10:13 PM
i'm def. going to do anthy for metro, what else..i have no clue.

Neko_Kaolla
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
*still waiting for infro about the ball* I applied for Cait... *prays* All the applications were lost for Cait (and others), so I had to resend it.

If I don't get it, I am going to try and get my Rikku wig completed and wear a dress. Just call me "Prom Date Rikku."

Trippy-San
05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
i'll proabaly, most likely be going. i just hope i can pull off my costume.....course...i'll only have ONE costume...and i'll be going all 3 days....is that bad?

Neko_Kaolla
05-05-2004, 04:09 PM
i'll proabaly, most likely be going. i just hope i can pull off my costume.....course...i'll only have ONE costume...and i'll be going all 3 days....is that bad?

That isn't bad. Some people like just having one costume or so. Less stress. Me on the other hand, amm away at school all year and I don't think they would appriciate me sewing in the dorms. So I get my year's fill over the summer. Besides, my mother and I are still trying to figur out how to ship my dressform... =^.^=''

SuthrnBelleChan
05-06-2004, 08:29 AM
I made soem decisions and i beleive (unless soemthing comes up which is always a possibility) i WILL be at Metro. The costume list has changed. It's now Count D, Felicia *if they'll let me wear it lol* Embla, and maybe dark mage rikku

Kagome H
07-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Im going as Kagome, and kikyo
Bwahahah! XD ^^m im so excited hope to see u guys there! :)

WasabiGuy
07-06-2004, 12:33 PM
*wonders why there are two MetroCon threads...*

Hi All! Shameless plug time:

Wasabi Anime will be hosting a great new way to Cosplay at this year's MetroCon. It's all WHOSE COSPLAY IS IT ANYWAY? (http://www.wasabianime.com/Cosplay)

Compete to show off your costuming and improv skills in groups of 3-4 cosplayers. Based on the popular improv comedy series. Prizes provided by our friends at Anime Pavilion (http://www.animepavilion.com).

For rules, check out
http://www.wasabianime.com/Cosplay

Stop by HERE (http://www.wasabianime.com/index.php?module=announce&ANN_user_op=view&ANN_id=34) for a complete listing of all the Wasabi Anime events at this year's MetroCon.

See you there!