PDA

View Full Version : The Faceless Girl from "Spirited Away"

Ozymandias
05-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Has anybody ever considered cosplaying this obscure young lady?

http://i51.tinypic.com/157jghw.jpg

She's only in the movie for about five seconds, but her appearance haunted me so much I actually based one of the characters in a novel I've been working on off of her.

The question I have is this: If I did cosplay tthis character sometime in the future, how would I be able to create the 'faceless' effect while still retaining at least part of my vision? Any ideas? I'm stumped! :eeek:

trustychords
06-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I wonder if there's any way you could get hold of the material used in those "Zentai" bodysuits? You can see through them to some extent, I think. They seem to be a mix of spandex and lycra.

Anyway, I think this is a totally cool and original cosplay idea from Spirited Away, which is probably my all-time favourite film! I do know what you mean about this character too, she's very idiosyncratic and oddly facinating. The outfit is totally cute as well, very 50's inspired :) I love me some vintage gubbins <3

Ozymandias
06-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Funnily enough I was actually considering wearing a zentai suit and just wearing the shirt/skirt/dress over it, as I found a place online where you can get the whole thing cheaper than if you would have bought the pieces seperately. I'm not sure what my Mom's reaction's going to be though. XD

Me: Hey Mom, can I borrow your Paypal account?
Mom: Erm, what for? Another wig?
Me: Nope, a full-body Zentai suit!
Mom: ...