PDA

View Full Version : Medusa cosplay(A stupid question, lol.)

Saihate
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm planning a Medusa cosplay Ref: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6564/1232742738390.jpg , but for the main outfit, could I just alter existing clothing? I mean, would that work? I guess I'm just trying to hear different ideas because I want to do this as cheaply as possible. Any and all help would be appreciated~! :) Thanks.

07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
It probably wouldn't be too expensive to make the costume from scratch. All you'd need is a few yards (3 at the most from what I can guesstimate) of a black knit fabric, which is usually under $10 a yard. It would be hard to construct this costume via altering existing other clothes mainly because Medusa's outfit is a bodysuit. I can imagine it would be difficult to find an existing one-piece bodysuit that isn't too formfitting so that you could create the proper leg width, etc. Of course, I'm not sure how comfortable you are sewing garments from scratch, but that's just my opinion. Good luck on your Medusa cosplay! :)

crazywuzhere
07-18-2011, 06:36 PM
If you're poor like me, I would recommend using something thats already made, like a dress or jumper. Fabric can be dang expensive, but for this garment, it is probably better to make from scratch. I would advise you that if you do end up buying fabric, make it so you won't mess up and waste your money.

tehkukikookie
07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I made a Medusa jumper ith about one yard of fabric, it was a challenge, but it worked haha! Though, I would not recommend that x1000. I'd get some bottomweight for 6 bucks a yard and use that. Toss in some coupons and you've got it for less :3

As for altering different clothing, I'm not sure if that would even work. I've seen so many different shades of 'black' just going through different brands. You'd certainly need something long! for the tail, so you'd end up buying fabric anyway. :\

Saihate
08-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh that is true. Thank you all so much! :)

awesomeifyit
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
if you can find a plain black hoodie and cut the sleeves off (and if it has a front pocket take the pocket off, too), get white felt and make the emblem thingy that goes on the hood, then get black capri yoga pants and the wig. you can probably make the tail out of wire with felt over it. that shouldn't be too difficult and cost effective, right? even though it really is a body suit, you can still probably pull it off 2 piece style without spending that much money, and some of the things you may actually already have at home. I think that the most expensive thing that you will have to get is the wig.