PDA

View Full Version : CNAnime 2003!!

Rae Maxwell
10-23-2002, 11:13 PM
Whoo! I went to my first con this last CN season and was hooked! If I get a job this summer I am SO going back!

Who else is headed that way and what'll you be wearing?

I'll probably be either Ken or Schu from Weiss or Gjinka Gabu or Cunomon from Digimon. I haven't decided quite yet. Ken is my favorite, so maybe I should dress up as schu, so I can make german accented innuendo to freak out our boy-next-door Ken. As ken I couldn't run up and glomb other kens like I could if I wore my omi costume.

NEway, back to the topic at hand... CNAnime RAWKS!

Kia
10-28-2002, 02:03 PM
This year will be my third CNAX and (hopefully) it will be my first time participating in the masquerade. I'm thinking of Claire Redfield or Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil (my best friend will go with me as Jill Valentine) because CNAX is Anime, SF and Comic, so I think I might fit in a little better. I have a long list somewhere in my room with all the other characters I'd like to be, but I'm deciding right now how many costumes and which ones to work on for Anime North. :)
Just wondering, did you go to the masquerade last year?

Kia (Happy little theatre elf)

heki-chan
10-30-2002, 03:50 PM
2003 will be my third cnax^_^
hmm for 2001 we did....miyu/larva....san + mononoke crew...and ff8
2002 was Chobits...soul calibur II, and FFX mega group lol!

Dunno if i'll be going back in 2003 :T Most likely, since we dunt hav much cons around here, but they've cancelled the 2003 masq...sooo ick. X_X; (hopefully the people in charge will change their minds?)

the general cnax masq is alrite.....cept they dunt even giv us a greenroom tho...we're all jammed into this stupid little hallway -_- okok i wont start my ranting since i alreyad did on our bbs^_^;

~heki

Kia
10-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Heki-chan, did you hear about all the crazy stuff going on between the audience and Gordon Rose in between the contesants? I just would like to be able to share stories with someone who was there. :)

Kia

heki-chan
10-30-2002, 04:42 PM
EEK! yeah!^_^ he made the show 3x longer LOL! but he's a nice guy^_^
i didnt really see/hear much of the 2002 show tho...we were #20 and after we finished we went to get dinner^_^;
did i miss anything???^_^

~heki

Kia
10-30-2002, 04:56 PM
The audience got Gordon addicted to pocky! :D
Plus my friend got himself involved in someones Gundam Wing skit by just walking up onstage...although he kind of added himselves in after the skit had started...... oh yeah, did you hear about the guy who kissed Gordon?
I don't think I kept a straight face the whole night! :D

Kia

|| Deaf Baka ||
10-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but where is this CNAX going to take place?

Kia
10-30-2002, 09:00 PM
CNAX is short for the Canadian National Anime Expo... as far as I know it's the biggest in Canada (it's corporate run and also includes a SciFi and Comic convention going on at the same time). But to answer your question it takes place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. If you'd like more info I can help you out. ^-^

Kia

Chosuke
10-31-2002, 01:51 PM
From what ive heard the anime section was really small.. o.O;
Oh well,havent seen it myself.. next year.. NEXT YEAR -shakes fist-

Kia
10-31-2002, 02:09 PM
I managed to keep myself busy for most of Friday and Saturday with watching anime :D Sunday kind of sucked b/c the SF people took over Theatre 1 right after whatever movie was playig first thing in the morning (sorry, I was there but I can't even remember what it was!). So, yeah, Sunday was pretty much a 'wander around, get things signed, bargin with dealers' kind of day. It could definitely have had a lot more anime stuff, but it kept me pretty occupied.

Kia

Chosuke
11-01-2002, 01:25 PM
oooh okies then. .. I heard the 01 one was mainly trekkies and such,not alot of anime.

RX 03
11-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Is there a website?

Kia
11-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Yep! Not a lot of stuff right now since the con is about 10 months away.
http://www.hobbystar.com/TO-CNAnime/index.html
More stuff will come as we get closer to spring/summer 2003.

Kia

Chosuke
11-04-2002, 02:35 PM
woo sitey!

Scoti
11-06-2002, 08:40 PM
>oooh okies then. .. I heard the 01 one was mainly trekkies and such,not alot of anime.

Yeah it was on the Friday and felt so out of placed there and I made the mistake of being one of the first few cosplayers but anime took over most of the rooms on Sat.

I'll most likely go next year but I'm thinking about it. I keep getting harassed there every year lol I need to make signs for the anime challenged

Kia
11-07-2002, 03:59 AM
If there's enough of us we can stick together, you know, almost like a pack of wolves. I don't know wany people who are that stupid enough to mess with a pack of wolves! >=)

Kia