PDA

View Full Version : Eurobeat King's Nekocon 2003 Pictures!!

Eurobeat King
11-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm finally back from the last big anime convention in 2003 that I'll be attending, and it was a lot of fun! :D Good to see a lot of familiar cosplayer friends on the East Coast, and glad to meet some new ones for the first time and take their pictures. :)

I took over 1900 pics, many of them multiple-shots from the wondeful photoshoots I had with some of my friends over the course of 4 days. It's going to take me several days to post all of them so I ask that everyone PLEASE be patient as I load them onto my gallery, since I can only u/l them during the evening (7pm PST to 2am) and I'm going in the order that I took them, starting with the Thursday photoshoot of my friend Becky, AKA Minakochan. Following that comes the photoshoot with Reiko & friends, and then Midknight and her b/f. I should have some Friday morning pics up by tonight, and then by tomorrow the cosplay pics from the entire weekend will follow. I apologize if I missed your costume, since the con although smaller than some of the big cons I attended this summer, was REALLY packed, and so I hope you see your picture here, else next con. :)

Without further delay, Eurobeat King Presents--- Nekocon 2003!!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=601&password=

Please comment as often as you like (please keep them clean, though) and enjoy!!

"Listen to Eurobeat" :skidude2:

cordless runner
11-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Im really happy that you took pictures of us. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you and just to let you know....I am gonna post some of you pictures that you took of me and Nick aka Niku no baka as well as some picture of the gang since my camera spent most of its time in my bag >_> And I will credit you so dont worry ^_^

psythe
11-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Good to see you again AL =) Looking forward to the uploads.
:bigtu:

Tora
11-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Taken from the "I'm back thread" :

Eurobeat King - Can't thank you enough for all of the pics you took. It made my weekend, especially since I forgot my camera half the time, the other half YOU were the one using it! Thank you!!!

And I mean it! Thank you so much!

Sciguy
11-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Indeed Al! Arigatou Gozaimasu! Can't wait for the rest of the pictures to go up!!

Oingo
11-10-2003, 06:59 PM
I wanted to say thanks for trying to get the lighting I did on my Garoozis costume Friday night. That effort was much appreciated. Thanks for all the pictures and especially helping us cosplayers make the shots better.

yukitoLeonheart
11-10-2003, 07:35 PM
I agree you rock Al, and btw, Tora, you are an amazing Inuyasha, I need to re edit my one thread.

Schala
11-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Yay, Al! :D I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Kas
11-10-2003, 09:04 PM
It's always soo good to see you Al. Thanks for taking pics of me. It's always a blast. I wish I had time so that we could hang out some and I was sad to not say goodbye and give ya a hug on Sunday. I was running around everywhere on sunday. I hope to see you again and take care. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Mako-san
11-10-2003, 09:05 PM
yeah AL, you rock! I had so much fun hanging with you! and the photoshoot with Reiko!! Its always a wonderful time with you!! and it almost seems like its not a con without you there!! *hugs* You do a wonderful job as always!!

nixxer
11-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Im glad I met you even though at first I didnt realize who you were till someone told me. Then I was just like "he took my pic" *gasp* I felt special then. heheh, anyway, I hope I can see you around at more cons, I love your pics, you do a great job.

Giant Alucard
11-10-2003, 10:51 PM
I was glad i actually got to talk to you this con, Al. I can't wait til katsu so we can both do our Saitou costumes (i swear i will have matching pants by then).

KuroBara
11-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Thank you Al! It was fun getting to know you better. The photos look great so far, and thanks for taking so many with my camera.

minako chan
11-10-2003, 11:39 PM
heehee^.^ Al KNOWS I had fun.....

ainslye
11-11-2003, 12:11 AM
*continues to stalk al* You rock. It was great hanging out with you, is katsu really that far away?

Farmboybob
11-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Awesome pictures Al! It was great meeting you (I was rooming with Becky).

UnwantedKikyo
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Yea it was kool hanging with ya and it was funny how u took pics of reiko,tora,sessh and group at the rave(and after cause of the darned security people) and u made em all use the glowsticks ^_^ that was funny.

Sami
11-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Aa, my Lilly pictures came out GREAT!! Thank you so much... *^______________^* I can't wait to see the group Suikoden ones from Saturday night!! :D :D :D :D (*the big happy*)

Schala
11-11-2003, 06:01 PM
I can't wait to see the group Suikoden ones from Saturday night!! :D :D :D :D (*the big happy*)
Me too! Wahahaa *head tilt*

I love all of the pictures you took of my Chris costume, Al! Thanks bunches! ^_^

Reiko
11-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Mako-san, Al Thanks it was really fun ^_^

to the Gang... ^_^ Dancing....

Menchi
11-11-2003, 08:39 PM
i cant see the pics ;-; no thumnails at all

yukitoLeonheart
11-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Reiko, you make one SEXE Tamahome

Eurobeat King
11-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Thanks for your compliments, everyone! :) They make me feel good about what I do at cons, and I try my best to get at least one or two of each cosplayer I see or stop for pictures. Nekocon was my experiment con to finish up 2003, and gave me an idea of how to do things at a con, and the # of pictures I took coupled with having more freedom taking pics w/o having to cosplay as much made me realize that I'll do this more often in 2004.. The $$ I would spend on making new costumes, I could invest in more memory cards, so that would mean more pictures. :D So we'll see what happens when the end of January comes around..

UPDATE: (I will do this each night as I upload the pics to let you know what's coming..) I uploaded over 400 pictures so far, and should post 600 before sleeping tonight, so I expect to see a lot more fun comments when I resume tomorrow evening. ;) We're still on Friday's pictures, with a LOT more to come.. Coming up, you'll see the pics of the cool Xenogears group (including the giant, pink hamster Chu-Chu), the giant Yu-Gi-Oh Dragon on stilts, and the photoshoot of Reiko's beautiful Wedding-Yuna costume. All to come shortly, so keep an eye out for it!! :bigtu: ciao~

yukitoLeonheart
11-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Woot! Yuna's Weddingg Dress was gorgeous, everyone HAS to see that. I just saw the pictures, they are so pretty! Apparently, the dress even eats people too. It's one sweet dress!

Link Arroway
11-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Of course, Awesome pictures Al :D
Glad I got to meet you at this con

Eurobeat King
11-13-2003, 04:24 AM
UPDATE: *WHEW!!* :thumbsup: Well, I finally posted ALL of Friday's pictures, and the current pictures that are up were taken around 10am on Saturday morning. I'll post more tomorrow evening, but since I'll be out until 11pm, watching "Matrix:Revolutions" on IMAX, I don't think I'll be able to get too many up tomorrow. :( But we'll see.. Thanks for everyone's patience as I'm doing my best to get these pics up!! Glad you love them so far! :love:

Coming-up: Photoshoots of Daniel's (Giant Alucard) Alucard, Shelby's Seras Victoria with her big-@$$ halcannon, and Missy's Aeris costume with her Staff of Doom! Also look for Lizzy & friends' Lunar group, Carolina & Jenny's Xiang Hua from Soul Caliber 2, and some in-your-face 3-D pics with Wolverine.. :cool: So keep looking, and keep those comments coming! ciao~ :skidude2:

Araunah
11-13-2003, 08:54 AM
sorry... I guess i am just a very opinionated person.. but i couldn't help but notice all the pictures you had were of females wearing less then the norm.. or sticking out there breasts.. or something like that. I mean yea its nice to have some of those.. but you didn't even have a single picture of the kick ass Death Sythe... thank you please drive threw

nixxer
11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
He hasnt put up the pics to saturday yet, those were from friday. Give him time to put up all the pics. Just have a bit more patience.

Oingo
11-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Like I said before I absolutely loved my pictures.I can't wait for the group pictures from Saturday. Once I again I have to say wow and thanks for the free service you are providing. I know only good mojo better come from this or I have to kick gods butt.

Giant Alucard
11-13-2003, 10:24 AM
huh, I thought the Death Sythe didn't some out until late saturday night??? or maybe i just missed him. But the gundam was cool. I'm trying to figure out if it was made by the same people who made the wing gundam last year.

nixxer
11-13-2003, 10:30 AM
It'll only did come out saturday night. And yep it was the same guy who did wing. Hes just full of skill, and hes cool to hang with too.

Araunah
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
wait.. if those arn't all then i retract my statement until they are all done.. sorry about that.. i though that was all you had... The gundam was 600 dollars of sheet metal.. i was in aww..

Eurobeat King
11-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I got a lot of good pics of the DeathScythe Gundam and the Noble Gundam, but those were on Saturday, and I've JUST started to post Saturday's pics. They're coming, so please be patient as I'm trying my hardest.

Ara: You're not the first to comment about me taking more pictures of female cosplayers. A lot of those are good friends of mine, and either they asked me or I asked them to do a photoshoot. (Reiko's Jill Valentine and Wedding Yuna are examples) If you know me as a person, then you shouldn't be surprised at seeing more pics of my "lady friends" That's how I am and my friends don't mind.. Theypose, and I take their pic.. :)

yukitoLeonheart
11-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Eh, I am biased. Even if some are women, I think girls are much prettier then guys, I prefer to see them cosplay and in pictures too. I don't even LIKE girls, but most pictures I took had either Kim or Rachael in them because they were so cool. Well......... there could always be more Afro Ken pictures <.<

Eurobeat King
11-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Yukito: I got a couple pics of you (solo) on Saturday as well as during the c.com group photoshoot, so I hope you like those when they get posted. Giant Alucard made a nice, TALL Alucard, so he's a good male cosplayer that I did a good photoshoot of on Sat. :)

Gilgland
11-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Who was that guy that was wearing like the cerial bowls and boxes? was it a gehto gundam or somthing? It was really funnie.

Darkside Blues
11-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Wai! Finally I've found pics of my friend and me (we're the ones in the EGL outfits.) Just wish I wasn't so tired at the time, and I shouldn't have bothered to put makeup on. -_-"

So far I haven't seen anyone have any pics of that guy who cosplayed as Pegasus (at least I think it was a guy - I hope so, cuz I thought he was cute!) I have some of my own pics, but I don't have a scanner. :-/

Giant Alucard
11-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Eurobeat: thanks for the props, lol. I have to work on the hat later so it doesn't fly off if hit by a strong gust of wind....

Gilgland: Th ghetto gundam was Super Sentai Man (tranh man). He's there every con and makes his costume only of stuff he finds at the con. He's been there for the last 2 years i think....

Darkside Blues: The Pegasus cosplayer was a guy. His name was Lander. If you look in the cosplay pics and see a guy with a zebra striped cat costume with a chain around the waist ... that was him. He's one cool cat, lol.

Darkside Blues
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Darkside Blues: The Pegasus cosplayer was a guy. His name was Lander. If you look in the cosplay pics and see a guy with a zebra striped cat costume with a chain around the waist ... that was him. He's one cool cat, lol.

Thanks for the info . . . now I have an excuse to scour through the galleries again! :D

yukitoLeonheart
11-13-2003, 10:45 PM
That was him, everyone loved that costume, he had awesome fangs too SUGEI!!!!!! all the girls kept going "I want that outfit" and I was saying ,yea, it is quite cool!

Darkside Blues
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
*BLINK* O_O

OMG . . . he looks soooo different in the Pegasus cosplay . . . the only thing that really convinced me that it was the same guy is the watch he was wearing.

He really pulled that catsuit off, though! :bigtu:

RealizeDOP
11-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Awesome pics Al!!! Can't wait to see teh rest!!! Especially our Xiang-Hua ones!!!! I'm so anxious! hahaha ^.^

vartan
11-13-2003, 11:49 PM
hey carolina....nudge...nudge....remember from otakon?
(not that I'm tryin to bug ya, just figured hey maybe.....)

Awesome pics Al!!! Can't wait to see teh rest!!! Especially our Xiang-Hua ones!!!! I'm so anxious! hahaha ^.^

Araunah
11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Euro: Sorry if I offended you man. When I was looking threw all the Pictures in ur gallery i was like well there are so many female pictures and not to many guys. I am Straight so I didn't mind it as much, but i am also engaged so I don't really care to look at other women. just i got what i want so there isn't anything else i see to look at. Anyway I saw some really cool customes and i was just like.. why are there all these female characters some in horriable customes and some of the males that hard really good looking customes were left out. well many of the males. thats y i said anything in the first place. Sorry if I offended you by that statement please forgive me for that. I did not know that you weren't done yet. all seriousness aside ~gets out wipe~ OK SLAVE UPLOAD THEM PICS NOW!! lil s&m to get ur day going ;-) I hope you enjoied the con as much as I did. If you get bored and need a good laugh check out my page I made comments on all the pictures and some are rather entertaining.

-Justin

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=11824

yukitoLeonheart
11-14-2003, 12:55 AM
I too am sorry, just because I can be quite unaware of everything. Let's all be friends and just enjoy Al's pictures, because every photograph no matter whose is a work of art in it's own way.

Arghh I forgot to mention, I love the NBC (Nightmare Before Christmas) shots and I really like how this shot was taken, the angel is just perfect

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=95209&password=&sort=1&cat=601&page=1

Go Tora!

Farmboybob
11-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Gilgland: I'm just re-saying what Giant Alucard was saying, but that Super Sentai Man was cool. He stayed in the room I was in, and he is a cool/very funny guy.

Ok back on topic, keep those great pics coming Al. :D

Reiko
11-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Reiko, you make one SEXE Tamahome

HAHAHA Thanks it was my first time crossplaying... lol you should have seen me running around all three rooms we had... screaming... "IM A GUY!!!" "and Call me Rei.... *in a manly voice" lol

RealizeDOP go AYA~~ ^_^ love that costume and sorry I only go to see you once during the fire drill ^_^ it was kinda a run about moment

Eurobeat King
11-16-2003, 03:32 AM
UPDATE: The galleries are down for now, so until they get fixed, I can't u/l anymore pics.. :( And I had not even reached 1000 pics yet, too! :lost: (pretty close though, at 988..) But once the galleries are fixed, I shall resume posting the rest of the Nekocon pictures, so until then, I appreciate your patience. Thanks! :skidude:

Araunah
11-16-2003, 09:41 AM
how long until the pages are back up.. i have more pictures myself that i want to upload... i have been waiting and i didn't think it was gonna take this long.. any ideas on how long the repairs will take?

Eurobeat King
11-16-2003, 12:05 PM
I have no idea. Admin is the one working on it, so he's busy doing his best trying to fix it.. So we all have to be patient, and we'll be viewing and uploading pics soon enuf..

Araunah
11-16-2003, 01:31 PM
do you have any idea whats wrong with it?

Eurobeat King
11-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Please ask the Admin.

cordless runner
11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
awwwww *wines* I really wanted to see the pictures of us in our Inuyasha costumes =(
*pouts* its not fair

Eurobeat King
11-16-2003, 07:06 PM
CRunner: The galleries went down JUST before I was about to post them.. talk about bad timing, ne? :thumbsup: But once they're back online, I will resume posting. ;)

Ginny
11-16-2003, 11:40 PM
I am still waiting for pictures of Sydney (my tortoise) to pop up somewhere. A bunch of people took his pic but I havn't seen any yet.

digikoomi
11-17-2003, 07:54 AM
YAY~~ Sydney ::pat pat:: wonder where you get it? my mom and my brother saw the pic, they both want one XD

Ginny
11-17-2003, 11:12 AM
He's a Leopard Tortoise, I got him from a breeder in Florida. ^__^

Eurobeat King
11-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Yay! The pics are back online, and some of you have already continued to post comments! :D I'll be uploading more pics tonight after 7pm (10pm EST) so please check back later tonight for more pics. I should post another 200-300 pics tonight to make up for the past few days. So until then, comment away!! ;)

G-chan: I did take one pic of your cute turtle.. but it was taken Sat. night, so it'll be up soon. Promise.. ;)

Ginny
11-17-2003, 08:29 PM
I wish I could bring all my pets to the cons with me *laugh* I'd much rather people take pictures of them than me.

yukitoLeonheart
11-18-2003, 03:33 AM
Wow, I have insomnia so I am up, I give you such props EK, man, you are still putting up pics at this hour. I know it's like 1:30 on the west but still, that rocks. You are dedicated......Woot!

Eurobeat King
11-18-2003, 03:33 AM
Well, I sure made up some good time for the past few days of doing other stuff besides posting Nekocon pics.. But since the galleries went up, I posted pics tonight like mad and was able to post another 300+ pics, so please check them out when you can. :D

PHOTOSHOOTS: Daniel's Alucard, Missy's Aeris, Shelby's Seras Victoria WITH Halconnen, Anna & Aja's Witch Hunter Robin, Lizzy & friends' Lunar group, Carolina & Jenny's Soul Caliber 2's Xiang Hua (also a trio group-shot with Misa's Talim), Becky's Wedding Peach, Kristi's Card Captor Sakura, Cristi's Etna (Disgaea!), Reiko & friends's Inu Yasha costumes, and.. the multiple cosplay.com gathering pictures!! *whew* a lot there, but like I said, I had some catching up to do.. :thumbsup:

COMING UP: More pics as we approach close to Saturday evening and the masquerade. Photoshoots will include Christy's Blade of the Immortal & Marty's EGL, a cool Kenshin & Chun-Li, Regina from Dino Crisis, Gundam Noble, more Suikoden 3 pics, and Christy's Go Go costume.. "HI!!" :devil:

Lots more to come tomorrow night (again, posting will continue after 7pm PST (10pm EST)) so until then, please enjoy what I posted, and comment on any and all pics you wish! I look forward to reading them during the day at work, or when I get home. ciao~ :skidude2:

digikoomi
11-18-2003, 07:51 AM
to Al: Cosplay.com upload system must take you a long time to upload....
to Admin: change upload system, so we can upload our photos faster :devil:

Schala
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Yay, Al! ^_____^ Thanks so much, my Robin pictures turned out great!

fusion_samus
11-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Al,

Thanks so much for taking the pics of my costume (Regina from Dino Crisis-- flaming red wig) Saturday night! I had a lot of fun with you, and I'm sure I'll see you again in the future. Your pics always come out so good, what's your secret? ^_~

nixxer
11-19-2003, 12:54 PM
yay, you're the only person up here who has close up pics of me, even though Im still not to open around camera...they kinda scare me cause Im self conscious but I liked the way they turned out. I love cosplay and being in pics is so much fun while at cons, next time I'll try to be more original in my poses, I wasnt really sure what to do. But it was fun none the less. Thanks for taking so many awesome pics.

Eurobeat King
11-19-2003, 04:37 PM
UPDATE: I was so tired last night, so after I posted the late-night fun pics, I went straight to bed without making an update here.. :thumbsup: So tonight I will post the remainder of Saturday's pics, and then Sunday's pics, incluyding good-bye pics with friends, photoshoots of Jenn (midknight) and Shelby in their kitty costumes, and trio pics of Cristi, Aja, and Beth in their Neo-Ranga costumes. So look for them later tonight! ;) ciao~

digikoomi
11-19-2003, 07:25 PM
UPDATE: I was so tired last night, so after I posted the late-night fun pics, I went straight to bed without making an update here.. :thumbsup: So tonight I will post the remainder of Saturday's pics, and then Sunday's pics, incluyding good-bye pics with friends, photoshoots of Jenn (midknight) and Shelby in their kitty costumes, and trio pics of Cristi, Aja, and Beth in their Neo-Ranga costumes. So look for them later tonight! ;) ciao~
aww ::pat pat:: turn her face to Admin "hey you! change the upload system!!"

cordless runner
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Al I LOVE the pictures you took of Niku no Baka
Im really happy you took his picture and so is he... he hasnt had a chance to look at them, to busy working.. but he really wants to.
Once again... *hugs* THANK YOU!!

digikoomi
11-19-2003, 10:36 PM
::look at photos:: look like everyone having fun at nekocon~ I am not a night person, so didn't go to rave. Maybe I should try to go at katsucon ::turn her head to her brother:: yes, because you are going ::nod nod::

Eurobeat King
11-20-2003, 03:01 AM
*whew!!* Well, after a short delay, I managed to post ALL of my Nekocon 2003 pictures, and I have to say for a smaller-sized (but equally fun) convention I was surprised by the # of photos I took. Thanks to everyone who posed for the various photoshoots I had throughout the course of the 4-day con (Thursday for me counted as a con-day) and I hope you like how the pictures came out! :) And thanks to everyone else who I chatted with during the weekend, either friends I've known for a few years or those I've met for the first time. :) Hope to see you at a con once 2004 begins!

Please enjoy the pictures, please leave comments (good ones, of course) and have a wonderful and safe holiday as 2003 is almost at an end. But don't worry: 2004 is just around the corner, and the year of the anime convention will begin again soon. For those going to Ohayocon in January, I'll see you there, else.. Katsucon in February. Take care until then, and as always.. "Listen To Eurobeat" ciao~ :skidude2:

psythe
11-20-2003, 07:53 AM
aww ::pat pat:: turn her face to Admin "hey you! change the upload system!!"

It's not something he controls the speed of, more appropriate would be....

"Hey Digikoomi! Get a fatter broadband pipe and a quicker processor!" ;)

Admin only controls how you upload, not the upload speed, it is out of his hands.

Notorious C.U.Z
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Hey hey!! It was so cool meeting you in person at the con!! I just now took a look through your album pics and found my two shots in there!! Very cool stuff, you did a fantastic job on *all* the pics!!