PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Wonderfestival 2011 (summer)

CelestialShadow
05-26-2011, 02:26 AM
we are two months out from Wonfes here in Tokyo! Wonfes is a great event that is held at the TGS building in Makuhari Messe and caters to all things handmade. There are TONS of vendor that sell handmade goods such as custom figures, costumes, accessories, ect. Its a great event to just look around and to cosplay because its not so busy.

Last time I went for Winter Wonfes there was about half the attendance of TGS in the same building so it was pretty comfortable. The cosplay rules are very relaxed so you can wear just about anything you want with as much props/armor/big stuff as you want.

I remember it being about 1500 yen to cosplay, the changing room had plenty of space and of course the costumes that people wear are INCREDIBLE! So I encourage everyone who wants to, to participate with me! If you need a place to stay you can crash at my condo which is about 1 hour away from the event building.

The weather will probably be very hot so be prepared and choose your costume wisely. I will be doing Cutey Honey (Hajime Sorayama version) for this event due to the weather.

The event goes for ONE DAY only and thats Sunday July 24th BUT I will have a pre wonfes luncheon party and my condo on Saturday so we get a full weekend of cosplay goodness. If you would like to come for the lunch please RSVP so I can take a count on how many people to feed. Please chip in for food (like 500 yen or something is fine)

The luncheon will not be for cosplay but just for socializing and eating.

The official site is here for further info.
http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/

RookBartly
05-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm down for it. Sounds like fun. I will have to see what I can come up with for it...

mixaka
05-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Interested! But, I may have to be in Osaka that weekend. I should know for sure one way or another by the beginning of July so I'll keep you posted!

Tenshi0080
06-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Hey guys I am now in Japan living in yokosuka, I want to try and meet up with you guys to hang out cause at the moment I have no friends here.....

RookBartly
06-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Its cool. I'm over at Yokota.

Tsumanne
06-18-2011, 06:54 AM
I'll be at WF for sure. It's probably my favorite event.

RookBartly
06-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Anyone doing a group thing?

Tenshi0080
06-20-2011, 01:25 AM
okay so i am now familiar with the train systems and am in the process of buying an apartment so whenever anyone wants to hang out i am down to do so, and also once i get settled i will start making cosplays.....

gixxer
07-02-2011, 10:17 AM
i just realize i can go to Wonfest *facepalm*

CelestialShadow
07-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey everyone I have to cancel the potluck because of mandatory overtime at my job, but wonderfest is still a go so I will see everyone there!

Bluewater
07-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Hello Everyone. =)
Today I realized that I can also go to this event.

@Cestial How is the cosplay area and where do you take your photos? Is there any shadow?

CelestialShadow
07-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi Bluewater! to answer your question, there are two cosplay areas, one that is outside in the parking lot against some trees and the back of the building and one that is in a covered outdoor area so yes there is shade if you need to escape from the sun =)

Im most likely going to keep to the shaded tree area of the covered area myself, dont deal well with Japans heat.

If you would like to meet me there (because you probably will get lost) everyone who went last time met up at about 9am at the place(doors open at 10), then we lined up and waited together to get in. If you are cosplaying there is another line inside the event for the changing room. Its about a 1 hour wait in line to get into the actual event so be prepared BUT once you are inside there is plenty or room to roam around and the cosplay line is easy, we got through in about 10 mins, its just they do this mass line up before hand around the building. If you are not cosplaying then come at any time, there is no line to get in after 10am, some people are just hard core collectors and like to buy a specific model/figure before everyone else gets a chance to.

gixxer
07-19-2011, 05:01 AM
wonfest is closing in. meet u guys same place as previous place near the entrance around 9 ?

CelestialShadow
07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Yup lets do that, I will be there at 9am with Ayako and Leon in tow. (the ones i came with last time)

gixxer
07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
ok !

sasuu
07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Hii :)

I've been to wonderfes before, but this is the first time I want to cosplay.
I have no idea how it works ^^;;
I saw something about changingrooms but can't you come to the event when you're already cosplayed? (like changing in the station's toilet).
En if you do? do you think you still have to pay?

What would you recommend?

Since I won't go alone I don't want to let others wait because of my cosplay ^^;; So I prefer changing beforehand ^^;;

Thanks in advance :3

gixxer
07-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi there .. sassu eh .. hmm .. im curious. are you Nagato_Pyon on twitter ? if you are, i did replied to ur question when u asked danny. If you are not, nevermind. Sorry. wrong person :P

anyway, Japan's cosplay scene is a lil bit different. You need to change at the designed changing room and cant come in in cosplay like other country. Most people even here in Japan isnt really understand cosplay openly yet.

You will need to get a catalog that act as your entrance ticket. And then lining up with the rest which gonna take around 30-60minutes from the entrance to inside the hall. There will be another line for the cosplayers and you will need to fill up a form of somesort. then change inside the changing room. for your bags, there will be a storage place u can put with some small fee. i cant really remember how much tho.

well, you could ask your friends to wait for you near the changing room. they could walk around first and wait u around an hour later for you ?

sasuu
07-20-2011, 08:33 PM
lol :3 Yes that's me ;)
Urgh..ok.. I will change there I guess..
Will it still be busy if I come at 11.00? or 11.30 or something? :)
The other line for changing is inside right? Will that one be busy too if I come late? :)
Btw, I didn't know you did so much cosplay and stuff O_O Awesome!! :3

CelestialShadow
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi sasuu, its really doesnt matter what time you come. Most cosplayers come early to stake out good spots for photos but if you are just going to wander around then it doesnt matter. The cosplay dressing room always has space and the line last time wasnt really long.

sasuu
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Ah!! ^O^
Thank you so much!!

gixxer
07-21-2011, 12:43 AM
like CelestialShadow said, the line inside wont be that long .. for me, i wanna go early because i wanna get to a spot. last time im having problems with getting a nice spot when i started move around. and i dont want that especially in summer .. hahaha ..

too bad danny's mirai costume isnt done yet. who knows, u might met Kipi cosplay as mirai like previous wonfest.

haha u dont know ? well nobody does.. thats the beauty of cosplaying behind the mask :P .. do look me up when u are there. can take picture together :P

gixxer
07-22-2011, 02:23 AM
slight change of plans . my frens decided to go a lil bit early to get inline for the GSC limited. and i will be joining them . so i guess i just meet u guys inside .. :D

CelestialShadow
07-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Cool then, see you inside!