PDA

View Full Version : Hey look! I survived crappy con!!

Kia
11-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Greeting all!

Did you bother to waste your time on November Con (a.k.a. TAC) this past weekend? I did! And even though it was a lame excuse for a "con", I still had an awsome time.
I spent no money (stupid hobbystar can kiss my ass) and yet got to see some people I havent seen for awhile and made some new friends. Without them the whole thing would have been pointless.

The obligatory shout-outs:
Nyamiko-chan- YEAH!!! I got to see you again! I think that we are truly e-vil together... :D

Kenhidaka, Mekou-chan, Vanity Fading, and who ever else I met that I didn't catch the names of- You guys ROCK so much! Thanks for letting me hang around and bug the heck out of you all day. ^_^ For anyone else who met me but I don't remember, SPEAK UP! I'd love to get to know you online too.

Infini - You are very VERY awsome. Think it, say it, believe it, because you ARE. ^_^

White Mage- You are so cool! I just wish that I had had the nerve to stick around and talk with you for longer... but I think I was making you annoyed... but anyways, good luck with finding that store. I hope it all works out.

And last, but not least- Scoti, I love you, you are my world, we will run off into the sunset together. :P

And that is it for my needless self promotion. ^_^

Crappy con, otherwise known as Corner Con, Losser Con, and "El Big-o Waste of Time-o" Con. Ah, can't you feel the love! ^_^

kenhidaka
11-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Hello Kia!!

It was a blast to meet you and so many others. I thought at first I was just gonna leave early due to well lack of stuff to get there and Mekou-chan and Infini's late arrivals but I'm glad I actually stayed.

Infini> Your costume was amazing. Even though you claimed it still had some kinks in it, I thought you did really well! A+!

Mekou-chan> We finally got to meet and it was cool. We ruled the Corner Con. At least I got a decent workout from it.

Everyone else who I met you were fun to be with. It's too bad we all don't live close by and we would only meet during conventions. I mean we would have some great times doing kooky things. (probably too gross to mention on these posts *cough* Sano and Marik *cough*)

Keep in touch!

Infini
11-11-2003, 01:32 AM
I was so happy to meet all of you guys! It's nice to have people to tag along/walk around with at a con. I'm used to either going by myself or going with people who either...

a) have no interest in cosplaying, or...
b) like to pretend they don't know me.

I liked the con (am I the only one?) because it was a nice, small and inexpensive thing to do before winter comes and the convention withdrawal starts.....and because I got to meet a lot of nice people who would probably be impossible to locate at a larger con.

Anyway, now that's it's all over until next year, I have some time to fix up my costumes and make some new ones!
:)

-Infini

(does anyone have pictures yet?)

Kaijugal
11-11-2003, 01:35 AM
Kia, congrats on surviving and enjoying 'corner-con'. *laughs*

Glad you made a good time of it without paying. (GO YOU!) Kudos for your ingenuity. :)

Kia
11-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Kia, congrats on surviving and enjoying 'corner-con'. *laughs*

Glad you made a good time of it without paying. (GO YOU!) Kudos for your ingenuity. :)
:: sigh :: But isn't that the purpose of life? ^_^

Mekou
11-11-2003, 01:22 PM
>> I spent no money

I did >.> *ducks random objects* X.X

>> Kenhidaka, Mekou-chan, Vanity Fading, and who ever else I met that I didn't catch the names of- You guys ROCK so much! Thanks for letting me hang around and bug the heck out of you all day

Hey it's no prob. ^^ I like strange people and you are /very/ strange. o.o *thinks about the time you randomly plopped onto my lap. o_O;; hehe

>> "El Big-o Waste of Time-o" Con

XD We all get an F. F doesn't mean fantastic, It means we fail! XD rofl that little speech was great Scoti. XP

>> I thought at first I was just gonna leave early due to well lack of stuff to get there and Mekou-chan and Infini's late arrivals but I'm glad I actually stayed.

I'm lucky I just happened to turn around and spot you. =O *clings* Sorry for bing late though ^^

>> Mekou-chan> We finally got to meet and it was cool. We ruled the Corner Con.

Muwahaha *waves flag* X3. It was great meeting you in person too. ^^ *hugs*

>> It's too bad we all don't live close by and we would only meet during conventions.

That doesn't have to be so. =) The majority of us only live 1-1 1/2 away from each other. ^_^ If we all wanted to we could plan random get-togethers and stuff. =D Plus, there's DSOA's metting that occur every month (in Ajax). ^o^ I guess it really comes down to funding and people's schedules. =/ Though I would REALLY love if we could become friends outside of just cosplay and conventions. ^.~

>> I mean we would have some great times doing kooky things. (probably too gross to mention on these posts *cough* Sano and Marik *cough*)

roflmao! OMG! Scoti! Put up your pics! XD I have my pics scanned. If anyone wants them then pm me. ^_~

>> I got to meet a lot of nice people who would probably be impossible to locate at a larger con.

True. >.> The there are a few people I wouldn't miss even if I tried. XP (either cuz they're tall or loud. Heheh I love you guys really =P *hugs to all*)

>> (does anyone have pictures yet?)

I have pics up in my gallery. ^_^ Animelondon's pics are up already too. ^_~ Pan's won't be up until December at the earliest though. >_>

Scoti
11-11-2003, 09:09 PM
yay! yep that was "supa el big-o waste-o time-o" I thought I was going to fall asleep in that corner lol (but then again how could I when I have Kia sitting on me XP ) I'm gald I didn't waste 10$ and somehow made a day out of stalking people and hanging out in the corner.
As for the pics I took they turn out like crap! I had the wrong setting on my camera the whole time so all the pics came out blurry and/or grain-ish X_x
SORRY!!!!

Mekou
11-11-2003, 09:49 PM
>> As for the pics I took they turn out like crap! I had the wrong setting on my camera the whole time so all the pics came out blurry and/or grain-ish X_x
SORRY!!!!

I still wanna see! ;_; Mine didn't turn out all that well either (too birght) but I didn't get a shot of the "in bed with the paper and ketchup smoke" pose. ^^ I don't care how bad they are! XD

Kia
11-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey it's no prob. ^^ I like strange people and you are /very/ strange. o.o *thinks about the time you randomly plopped onto my lap. o_O;; hehe

What I nice thing to say! I'm so touched! ^_^
and yes, I do like being strange ^_^

Infini
11-11-2003, 11:16 PM
I wish I had brought my camera, but I lost it right before the con. All pictures of me look bad anyway, because of posing/hair issues...

I like the idea of random get togethers. We should all plan something. My only problem is that 1-1 1/2 hr drive.
Right after I got home from the con my car died from the 1 hr drive. (back to cambridge) It's going to cost me about $300 to fix it... -_-'

-where are animelondon's pics?

Mekou
11-11-2003, 11:59 PM
>> -where are animelondon's pics?

http://www.animelondon.ca/cosplay/TAE-2003/

=)

>> I like the idea of random get togethers. We should all plan something. My only problem is that 1-1 1/2 hr drive.
Right after I got home from the con my car died from the 1 hr drive. (back to cambridge) It's going to cost me about $300 to fix it... -_-'

Aww that's so awful ;_; I'm hoping it was just something that would have gone wrong anyway. >_>

*jabs everyone with a stick*

Come to the anime/cosplay meet in Aaaaaaaajaaaxxxxx!!!!!! *hypnotizes all* O_O

It's a fun and FREE way for us to hang out. =) If you come in cosplay we call all go and scare people in the library! XD

>.> okay I'm getting off topic. La la la

Infini
11-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Is there any more info (like a website) of the meet in ajax?

Kisa
11-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Oh. Screw YOU Cosplay.com. STop eating my posts.

"and your soul Kia? Do you still have that? Huh? Do you?" (oh wait. you *didn't* pay...)

Infini
11-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I sold my soul for a fish(?) at anime north. Never got the fish though....

Kia
11-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Ah yes, Hobbystar, the eaters of souls... and no, I did not sell them mine. :D

Scoti
11-13-2003, 06:06 PM
I sold my time to hobbystar and god knows I'll never get that back

Minakolabelle
11-13-2003, 07:02 PM
crappy con jr was every thing I expected it to be. Me out side loitering, taking pics and seeing people I never get to see out side of cons; but because I expected it to be like that I made it fun with stupidity.

I think some of the best parts of the day were the people that were attending the woman show would come up and ask us what the kids in the corner were.... then they asked what my costume was and I told them I was dressed as a man >D

I found out later in the day that they had a pannel on how to make anime"con" in march better. If I would have known that I would have paid $10 to rag on hobby star.

now the FYI on the HAIR show, not the fashion show that people kept on calling it. It was basicly an indrustry thing, meaning a stylist and a friend. As for waht it was, think CNA only with hair products and unlike Hobbystar that charges $10 the Hair show was $60 for the day. So in other words for $60 you get to a) shop and b) learn the new styles for this season.

How do I know this? My aunt was there, she wanted me to go but I didn't wanna drop $60 to go watch her shop for weird hair products that she would later use on my hair >_< They may cost upwards of $300 for shampoo, conditioner, hair spray and wax/gell BUT IT MAKES MY HAIR FEEL LIKE CRAP~~~ man that stuff smells >_<;;;;;;;;

I wanted to go to the woman show to get a free pizza/s damnit >_<

nyamiko_chan
11-14-2003, 06:43 PM
w00t!! ya "corner con" was fun ^^ only because of the friends ^_~

XD I kept think you were saying "Coroner con" XD OMG!! Imagine a bunch of people that cut dead people for a living at a convention o.0;; now THAT'S strange for you!!

yes..shout outs! Vanity Fading, Mekou-chan, Kia, Scoti ^_^ Much lubs for hanging wif me *hugs*
and yes! All those new peoples I saw and talked too!!

I got hugs from random photographers XD LOL anyone else?? ^^; those girls that were taking pics..not crazy people >.>

Mage
11-15-2003, 11:20 PM
White Mage- You are so cool! I just wish that I had had the nerve to stick around and talk with you for longer... but I think I was making you annoyed... but anyways, good luck with finding that store. I hope it all works out.

Aww....thanks Kia. ^_^ I hope one of these days we'll get to take Tactics pictures together :heart: It was more a lack of nerve on my part than yours, honestly. I'm really shy meeting people. Just ask Kisa...>.>;; But no, you weren't making me annoyed at all. It's just the shy factor working against the both of us. T_T It takes a lot to get my annoyed...hell, I had to pay $10 just so I could sit on my rump deciphering the names of hentai titles at EK Trading and I still didn't get annoyed. XD Stupid HobbyStar...~_~ Grr...

So yes, crappy con. I shall copy and paste my post from the SMA board because I was too lazy to do so before. x_X;

(Begin copy and paste!!!)
Good points: I got to meet Kia and, for once, actually had a nice little chat. It was really refreshing to actually talk to someone upon meeting them as opposed to the whole "umm, yeah, i'm going to go over there now..." thing that usually happens. I'll be sure to check out the fabric place she got info on for me. ^_^

I got to see Eric and Ryan again ^_^ Even if we didn't actually talk, that was still nice.

Gackt glompage, Moogle glompage, etc...I would've got in a nice attack-from-behind on David, but the dealer table was too wide.

Bad points:
I saw a lot of people, but didn't really chat with them at all. Like Maki, Yukari, Scoti and Mekou-chan. T_T Hell, I didn't even really talk that much to most people because I spent most of the time trying to make it worth my $10 (i.e. sitting in the dealer's room doing nothing).
(End copy and paste!!!)

I can't remember if I posted it here or not, but I did recover my Agrias costume from the MTCC. ^_^ Hopefully I won't be so stupid next time.

It's amazing how much I managed to disappear during the con even though everyone was pretty much concentrated in one place and there was nothing to do. This is largely because of my overly sentimental nature deciding at the worst possible time to kick in. Bleh. Oh, that and I went on lunch-finding duty. *sweatdrop* I even missed the cake. T_T

Brita_Lee
12-11-2003, 11:41 AM
I like the con. Though at the time I hadn't joined Cosplay.com yet. Lol, the pizza givaway!!! This lady from that hair place gave my sister a pizza cuz she didn't want it, but then she forgot it on the coach bus! Oh well. But, my pictures came out fine! should post them...if I knew how. Meh, I'll figure it out. *pushes a button, and comp explodes* dammit! Some one rigged it! *looks at sister suspiciously*

angelcosmos
12-13-2003, 01:22 AM
I found out later in the day that they had a pannel on how to make anime"con" in march better. If I would have known that I would have paid $10 to rag on hobby star.

There's a meeting in January, I remember because Silver told me. If you're going I'll go (depending on the weather of course)! ^_^ Who else would like to go to the meeting? *listening to silence* =P

Kia
12-13-2003, 08:42 AM
There's a meeting in January, I remember because Silver told me. If you're going I'll go (depending on the weather of course)! ^_^ Who else would like to go to the meeting? *listening to silence* =P
I'd go, but I get the feeling that I'd get myself kicked out pretty soon after I walked in the door. Hobbystar definitely doesn't want to hear what I have to say about them and I don't want to make MAC-TAC a "better" con in any way possible. The more people who attend it and *PAY* means potentially less people attending Anime North, which is something I would never endorse.

Scoti
12-13-2003, 09:06 AM
I doubt there is anything hobbystar can do to steal Anime north attendees. There’s still a lot of people who haven’t heard of TAC yet and if the 2 day con in march is as crowed (and I use that term loosely..) as the one in November they’ll just cancel it all together because their not making money. I know my corner con group was being stalked by the guy at the desk and I’m sure the staff has realized that people (mostly cosplayers) are not paying. I wouldn’t be surprised if that meeting to “make things better” results into an argument and then a ban on what they consider loitering.

Kia
12-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Where Anime North might loose attendees is with parents. For some reason parents (especially of underage kids) are more willing to let their children go to a con that is in downtown Toronto than they are about letting their kids wander up into the airport district. Don't ask me, but for some reason it works out like this sometimes. And if more parents are willing to let their kinds come down for things like MAC-TAC and Corner Con then the parents can at least argue with their kid about letting them go to conventions, just not *that one* (ie. Anime North).
Don't ask me, I really don't understand how that makes any sense, but I guess that's b/c I would rather go to Anime North and actually pay than get stuck only going to Hobbystar and their half star cons. :: shrug :: Meh.

Infini
12-13-2003, 11:00 PM
I will go to any and all cons in toronto, because I need merchandise to fill my empty days. Anime North should be most popular with parents and kids because of the YTV coverage, I would think... and both me and my parents (who haven't been near a con since '98) would much rather avoid downtown Toronto if possible. Anime North should have no fear of hobbystar, according to what I've been hearing from my younger sister's friends. The only con their parents are considering is Anime North...
I'm rambling. Bye! :)

-Infini

kenhidaka
12-15-2003, 09:43 PM
The only way crappy con can get better is by making more attractions. Not just a dealers room and 2 movie screenings. Yeesh even my local Anime Club is more fun than that and I only have to pay $2! The only reason I would probably go to the March crappy con is to see everyone again and chat and have fun. That I did enjoy. Now if I only can get the stuff called money to enjoy this past time lol. But in no way am I gonna advertise better places to spend your time with anime (http://www.animenexus.gotdns.com/club_nextshow.htm) oops how did that get there LOL.