PDA

View Full Version : Mask help

KastenTedeki
05-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello. As from the headline I have an.. issue with masks. One of it being the eye holes in them or rather, the lack of. I've noticed that some people don't have eye slits (visible) cut in the mask and I'm wondering what kind of material that they're making them out of to be able to see from them since I'm thinking of doing a Deadpool cosplay (Or maybe a Spidey.. o.O Interesting idea but could be overused.. Meh.) and I don't really like the idea of eye holes.

So is that just do to editing of the picture or some kind of thin material around where the eye is to where it's.. See through yet still with enough color to blend with the mask from afar? =\ I've seen some pictures dA which show a Spiderman 2099 cosplay and you could swear he couldn't see from inside of it and yet he says he made his from a stretched.. Lycra or spandex? Does anyone else have any type of material suggestions or suggestions period about what type of material to use?

Thanks in advance for the help.

protonmitsu
10-13-2011, 10:43 PM
I haven't actually seen one of these costumes in person, but I have an idea as to how it works and how you could find a good material. You know how you can sometimes take a piece of cloth, such as part of your t-shirt, and if you hold it right in front of your eyes you can see through it but if you hold it at a distance it looks opaque? It's the same basic idea. I think you could go to a fabric store, find materials that look good from a distance, and test the visibility by holding the corners stretched slightly in front of your eyes. Hope that's helpful, and good luck with your costume!

Gee2
10-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Try screen door fabric, you can purchase it at Lowe's/Home Depot usually in gray ar black. Cut it to fit the eye cut outs on your mask, then paint it white (or whatever color you need and then glue to the mask (from the inside).