PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 2011

Shouri no Hana
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
So after see in the massive turn out at AN, I want to know. Who's cosplaying Final Fantasy for Otakuthon? I know there is a Dissidia group in the works somewhere.

I'm still not 100% on what I'm doing. I know I'm cosplaying as Oerba Yun Fang on Saturday but I'm debating about Sunday and Friday. Because I also what to cosplay as Fang dressed in traditional Dragoon Armour or Lightning with Odin's swords.

I think it will depend if I get a ride up or not.

FallenWingsHeal
05-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, my costume is for a Final Fantasy LARP... but it is more Steampunk than FF...

Nefer
05-30-2011, 03:33 PM
*Raise hand* Yup, I'm part of that Dissidia group as the Warrior of Light, lol. It shall be updated and completely finish for Otakuthon too ^^ It shall be for the saturday, we even have a GARLAND, YES YES YES! *cough* Sorry, I learned it at AN by the one who will make him, it made my day lol. I'll also have Beatrix from FF9 (Leg armor and Wig updated for Otakuthon) sunday at the cosplay chess, with Apple as my queen ^^

Shouri no Hana
05-30-2011, 03:44 PM
@Nefer, has registration for Cosplay Chess started yet? I wanna get in as either Lightning or Dragoon Fang.

I was supposed to be the Lightning of the Dissidia Group, but I have to back out because at this point in time I'm not staying near the convention so I can't change outta Fang to Lightning to change back into Fang.

Nefer
05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Nope, not yet, at least as far as I know. One of the 2 players actually asked how come the information isn't on the site yet since they updated it and yet nothing, but we have no answer yet... I'll update the cosplay chess thread as soon as the inscription are open, don't worry ^_^ I can even send you a PM if you want to.

And ah shoot for Lightning... Well, I'll probably have an hotel room, you could always bring your Lightning stuff in the morning at the hotel and then you can go change into her in the afternoon or whatnot, I won't mind if I have an hotel room (well, I'm still waiting to see if we'll have one though...).

Shukakachi
05-30-2011, 05:12 PM
HAHAH, nice to see you two again! should I be allowed to head out to montreal in a group this year for the first time, I most definitely will be bringing an upgraded version of Onion Knight ;D

Shouri no Hana
05-30-2011, 05:48 PM
ONION KNIGHT!!!!!! (I'll bring you an onion next time!)

@Nefer that would be amazing, if I get a ride up I'll probably leave her in the car and change somewhere quick. Also, if I do get a ride up I'm making Lightning's Zantensuken!

MDA
06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm thinking of bringing girl!Sephiroth to Otakuthon... but only for Friday, and that's if Nefer does her revamp of him for it (which my Sephiroth will also be a revamp - better high heels, proper support for my chest).

Shouri no Hana
06-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm like 90% sure I'll be doing Dragoon Fang the Sunday. I kinda got her all planed out in my head, I just gotta draw her up. (I mostly have her written out though.)

Mokmo
06-03-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm thinking of bringing girl!Sephiroth to Otakuthon... but only for Friday, and that's if Nefer does her revamp of him for it (which my Sephiroth will also be a revamp - better high heels, proper support for my chest).

Proper support...
yeah i saw that on the AN photoshoot pics. You'll find something.

Geb_Geb
06-04-2011, 07:59 PM
We'll have an FFIX group this year!!!! ;)

MDA
06-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Proper support...
yeah i saw that on the AN photoshoot pics. You'll find something.

I think I've found a good substitution to the bikini top I was using. Instead its a proper halter top that will actually provide me with some chest support. Now it's just a matter of a new skirt (the one I made ripped so bad I couldn't fix it, and I don't have anymore of the fabric)

Shouri no Hana
06-05-2011, 04:27 PM
We'll have an FFIX group this year!!!! ;)

AWESOME. I'm gonna have an FFIV group... next year...

@MDA: Where did the skirt rip? If it's on the side you could probably take it in and make it one of those skirts with a slit in the side or something. (I only wear skirts for cosplay or formal-ish parties, I'm a tomboy, I know.)

I starting working out Dragoon Fang, for her helmet, should I base it of something from one of the previous games or a high dragon from Dragon Age or somethin'? I got one person saying it should look like Kain's, another person telling me to add wicked looking horns on the back.

Nefer
06-05-2011, 06:27 PM
@Shouri no Hana:
I think it would look great if it was similar to Kain, but more in Bahamut's color range and style, like this for example:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/wallpaper/crisis-core-11b.jpg

Otherwise, FF4, really? I have a friend who wants me to cosplay Edge while she cosplays Rydia, lol. I'm just wondering when she expects me to cosplay him... I actually want to make him soon, while I'm still interested by FF4 ^^;

As for MDA, her skirt ripped in the back, and it's the pleather part that came apart from the backing and not the sewing that ripped, so sadly it was pretty much impossible for her to fix...

Ok, update like MDA pretty much mentionned already, I'm revamping my Sephiroth cosplay so I'll probably wear him the friday of Otakuthon (I already started modifying my shoulder armor so it's more accurate and less round). So therefore, it's all FF at Otakuthon as well!
Friday: Sephiroth
Saturday: WoL (and entering the masquerade apparently!)
Sunday: Beatrix (and been part of the cosplay chess, as usual!)

Shouri no Hana
06-05-2011, 08:53 PM
@Shouri no Hana:
I think it would look great if it was similar to Kain, but more in Bahamut's color range and style, like this for example:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/wallpaper/crisis-core-11b.jpg

I have it labeled as 'Dark Dragoon Fang' on some places, instead of purples and... whatever, I'm looking at blacks greys and golds with some red accenting that the lance can bring out. What I have planed is kinda awkward and asymmetrical. I haven't drawn anything since I'm better with words for my imagination. I'll try to make a point, but I haven't drawn since high school.

Urgh... do I try to word it here? I wrote up her design since I'm using the D.Dragoon Fang character for a what-if 13-2 FanFic I'm planing out to write later on (After FanExpo).

Otherwise, FF4, really? I have a friend who wants me to cosplay Edge while she cosplays Rydia, lol. I'm just wondering when she expects me to cosplay him... I actually want to make him soon, while I'm still interested by FF4 ^^;

Yup, next year, although all we know that we will have is Kain, Rosa and Cecil and Rydia. I'm probably making most of the armor, we're putting in an order for Pepakura files in January for Kain and Cecil.

As for MDA, her skirt ripped in the back, and it's the pleather part that came apart from the backing and not the sewing that ripped, so sadly it was pretty much impossible for her to fix...

Damn

Saphykun
06-13-2011, 10:30 PM
*timidly walks in*

I'll be cosplaying as the Warrior of Light from Dissidia as well, but he'll be the darkness version even if he isn't a real character ^^; But that's only because I'm too lazy to de-frizz and dye my wig (I'll be making small adjustments to the armor to make it "scarier" though). I'll be volunteering as crowd control at the Otakuthon again, but I hope to run into you guys and take pics ^^

Oh, and next year I'll be cosplaying Rubicante from FF4! :D I'm already planning it out even though I don't have the materials yet ^^

ShortStuff
07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Ho ho. I'll be going on Otakuthon Saturday as Onion Knight Female from Final Fantasy Tactics. :'D

MDA
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm hoping during the coming week (since I'll be home) I can get the updates done on Sephiroth. Or at least some of them.

Shouri no Hana
07-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Fang, where is Fang? I want Fang.

I got three days off this week, lets see what progress I make!

LaurenBANG
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I have a sorceress Edea in the works!

Jerseymilk
07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh I hope you're doing her Saturday. I'll be there as Quistis and have a Seifer with me, so it would be great to get a pic with you. ^^

MDA
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm happy to say that with being off work tomorrow, I'll be able to get some work done on Sephiroth with the revamp. Hopefully the first thing I can get done is to add the wing pin onto the brocade.

Shouri no Hana
07-12-2011, 10:21 PM
okay, I've officially given up on making the trim on Fang's sari in satin, everything I do, it just bleeds so I'll probably use a cotton of the sort, something that can take the paint and NOT BLEED. It's a little sad because it won't have the shine like the rest of the material, but there isn't much I can do.

So my Dragoon Fang, I finally picked up the pencil, but it still looks like a mass of scribbles. I've decided on fur and a Lightning-Like Cape, the whole costume will be done in stages, so what I'll be wearing to Otakuthon won't be completed 100% but enough to be wearable.

Sakura_CC
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm gonna be in the FF9 group with Geb_Geb :D Really looking forward to it!

LaurenBANG
07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh I hope you're doing her Saturday. I'll be there as Quistis and have a Seifer with me, so it would be great to get a pic with you. ^^

OO I do plan for saturday since I want to go in the masq. So excited to hear there are other VIII characters!

Aaridys
07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Will be going as Amano Rydia and my sister'll be Layla from FFII on Saturday.

Attyca
07-30-2011, 11:31 PM
I'll be KH cloud if that counts o.o

Shouri no Hana
08-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Fang is being pushed off because I wanna debut her with my Vanille. So I'm gonna be Lightning on Saturday/Sunday.

Liliana
08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
The Emperor of Palamecia from FF II is going to be here! :) I'm looking forward to it!

@Aaridys: OMGOSH LAYLA/LEILA?!?! *dies* It's super rare to get two FF II cosplays, even just one. I really hope to get a picture with her! :)

skyisblu
08-11-2011, 08:11 AM
I have a group attending in FF6 cosplay this year - on Saturday only, as the little one can only take one day of costume-wearing at a time....

In our group, we have a Terra, Celes, Locke and Relm, all inspired by the Amano artwork. We'll be picnicking in the "steam" park with the fountain around 11:30 am, if anyone wants to join us for an informal get-together!

Fallen Sephiros
08-11-2011, 02:39 PM
The Emperor of Palamecia from FF II is going to be here! :) I'm looking forward to it!

E-e-e-e-e-e-e-emperor???????? Your majesty!!

I so need a photo of you. Emperor is my third favourite Final Fantasy villain (sorry, Sephiroth and Kefka kinda beat him out..., after Emperor it's Kuja and then Cid Raines). Too bad I'm not being Sephiroth this year *working on brand new coat*

Liliana
08-11-2011, 03:46 PM
E-e-e-e-e-e-e-emperor???????? Your majesty!!

I so need a photo of you. Emperor is my third favourite Final Fantasy villain (sorry, Sephiroth and Kefka kinda beat him out..., after Emperor it's Kuja and then Cid Raines). Too bad I'm not being Sephiroth this year *working on brand new coat*

Oh, thank you so much!! 8D That's means a lot to hear that coming from you. *_* I hope I'll finally get to meet you in person.~ It's too bad Sephiroth can't make it this year... D: Sephy is probably my third fav villain btw, after emperor and Kefka. (or exdeath) Hahaha!~ :)