PDA

View Full Version : Katara Cosplay? (new at this)

kamachima
06-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm going to MetroCon in two weeks, and I was really hoping to cosplay as Katara. I was hoping I could just buy a costume, but I don't exactly have $100 to spend. Does anyone know where I could find a dress similar to Katara's that I could edit? Or would it just be easier to get one commissioned? If so, how much would it cost? Also, which is easier to get/make, the water tribe outfit, or the fire nation outfit?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd appreciate the help. :)

X<3nobody
06-03-2011, 11:08 PM
My friend is planning on cos-playing as Katara as well! Are you any good with a sewing machine or know someone who is? The Fire nation would probably be easiest. because it's a lot of shades or red in Super simple shapes.
Commissioning is usually pretty expensive and would go beyond your $100 dollar budget. and whee as you are planning to do this in less than 2 weeks, commissioning would take to long.
If you're going to try to Alter her costume I would go to local Thrift stores (DI, Good Will Savers Ect.) You can usually find something pretty close!
Hoped that helped! Got any more questions or want some advise? I'd be glad to help! and GOOD LUCK!!