PDA

View Full Version : Gender-Bending Cosplay You Want to See/Do

TheUnderDog
06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
This is a fairly random topic... but then again, we're cosplayers, randomness is what sustains us.

Anyway, I here a lot of people mention fem! versions of their favorite characters, and for some reason I really want to cosplay femme!Sebastian, so much to the point that I've started doodling sketches on all my schook notes. >>' I just feel like I wouldn't feel rbave enough to wear it, I suppose. A lot of my friends hate gender-bending cosplay, and I know they'd ridicule me for "ruining" the character.><

I'd also like to see some male versions of girl characters.... has anybody made a cosplay like that? What gender-bending would you like to see/do in the near future?

Bisected8
06-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not to make my Disgaea Thief a crossplay or a genderbent version (then again the only difference either way will be if I make the jacket a cropped one or not).

To be honest I think it would be good to see a genderbent cosplay of pretty much everything (it's annoying when your favorite character's the opposite gender and you don't feel like/think you can pull off a crossplay so this is a good way around it). I'd love to see a genderbent BlazBlue group in particular though.

Gabbyv23
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Fem!Snake from Metal Gear Solid =w= *SHOT*
Okay Okay I know have terrible ideas...

Bisected8
06-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Fem!Snake from Metal Gear Solid =w= *SHOT*
Okay Okay I know have terrible ideas...

Wouldn't that just get people asking you what's wrong with Raiden's hair? _"

But seriously, I think that's a pretty cool idea.

Celia Rose
06-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I was once recruited as a fem!Sebastian for a strange BB cosplay concept, but it was dropped just as quickly as it was adopted. :p

I'd love to cosplay a gender-swap Sheryl Nome. Not only is man!Sheryl hot, but it's also canon. :D Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa, Kindan no Elixir concert sequence.

aiyua
06-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Fem!Auron would look so badass. >:D

EDIT: OK, I like that idea so much, I'm adding it to my costumes-to-do list.

alpha_helix
06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Currently working on femme Auron, don't have any other ideas right now, though

Gabbyv23
06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
whhhhhhhy do these threads keep getting moved to original designs!? X.X

zizi994
06-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Genderbent Panty and Stocking (http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17900000/gender-bender-panty-and-stocking-with-garterbelt-17957020-2000-1600.jpg) is always fun. :P It's so popular you can find wigs of it.
Fem!Kyon (AKA Kyonko) (http://www.gorbashkazdar.com/demotivators/Ponytails.PNG) (the picture's a good laugh if you've read/seen the series :P) would actually probably be something I'd be willing to do, considering I already have the costume and if I just grew out my hair it'd be perfect. :P

And then there's genderbent VOCALOIDs. My boyfriend was talking about being genderbent Miku (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1526/3pcdrz0.jpg) with one of our friends as Rin...I kinda laughed at him. ^^;

aiyua
06-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Oh, I just thought of another interesting one as well: Duster, from Mother 3.

Or Phoenix and Edgeworth from PW. xD

TheUnderDog
06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
And then there's genderbent VOCALOIDs. My boyfriend was talking about being genderbent Miku (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1526/3pcdrz0.jpg) with one of our friends as Rin...I kinda laughed at him. ^^;

That would be so cool to see.:D The vocaloids have so many costume variations too, so it's about time some male versions of Miku came about. I'd cosplay a fem!Gakupo, but he's pretty girly already.xD

aiyua
06-05-2011, 01:31 AM
That would be so cool to see.:D The vocaloids have so many costume variations too, so it's about time some male versions of Miku came about. I'd cosplay a fem!Gakupo, but he's pretty girly already.xD

There are plenty of Mikuos out there. He's kind of the prime example of genderbent Vocaloids.

Lt.Finn
06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm going to start working on femversion of Canderous from Kotor for NYCC.. (someone knows who that is.. right?) I'm a little anxious about the design phase.. and walking around Manhattan with a giant fake repeating blaster rifle..

Slender Man
06-19-2011, 12:52 AM
I was thinking of doing a Male version of Mio from K-ON Since I've got the same bass.

raevyn93
06-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I posted this in a topic, but it didn't get any responses, so I'm hoping that if I post it here I will.

I want to go to NYAF as a female Alfred F. Jones (name = Alicia "Allie" F. Jones). So, I have most of the costume down, my biggest problem is that I want Allie's costume to be relatively close to Alfred's (only it will be much too hard to track down female army fatigues that would match). At the moment, I can't figure out what I want to wear underneath the jacket. Meaning, her actual outfit. Here are my ideas so far:
1) a tan/beige pencil skirt with a white collared shirt, and a tie
2) a mini-skirt (maybe tan or beige) of undetermined style, a white blouse and a silk scarf
3) denim jeans, a white collared shirt, and a tie
OR
3.5) denim jeans and a white tank top or blouse

What do you guys think? Additional ideas are MORE than welcome.

iSeika
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Lol, I wanted to do a female version of
Yusei Fudo from Yugioh 5D's

MDA
07-31-2011, 09:37 PM
I did a gender-bend cosplay of Sephiroth. I've revamped it though and will be debuting the new version to Otakuthon in two weeks.

I like seeing gender-bends. It's nice to see the different interpretations.

alpha_helix
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
New idea : Braska from FFX. The petal motif on his robes could make a real cool dress!

TechnoxXxDeath
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Hrrrm for me, for some reason a female Squall Leonheart sticks out in my mind >.<

TechnoxXxDeath
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm going to start working on femversion of Canderous from Kotor for NYCC.. (someone knows who that is.. right?) I'm a little anxious about the design phase.. and walking around Manhattan with a giant fake repeating blaster rifle..

A bit late. Buuut! I do know who you are talking about! Whew that game is actually a bit old, but its so fun to play XD

Hope4love
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I cosplayed Genderbend garterbelt this year at Otakon (http://http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3012321/). I had alot of fun wearing it.

Also I was wondering how do you guys come up with your gendebends do you use fanart or just your imagination?

TechnoxXxDeath
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
For me I look at the original character design and then sketch out a couple ideas of how I think that said character would look opposite gender. While still sticking to some of the original outfit XD

Volve
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Well I wanted to make One Piece cosplay with my friends but we had problem because there are more men on Mugiwaras' ship than women and we are mostly girls... So I made pictures for genderbend version and we make cosplay for this pic for fun. :P

aMURica
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I wanted to put together a male version of Kyouko from Madoka Magica, but I was planning on just somehow converting the design for her dress into an outfit that consists of a shirt and pants, rather than creating an entirely new design.

skythefairae
08-10-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm somewhat tempted to do a genderbend of Hazama from Blazblue. I want to cosplay somebody from that game, but the girls that I want to do have outfits that would be too uncomfortable for me (i.e. Noel and her really short skirt), and the guys for the most part are too manry to crossplay. But I still want to do Hazama, mostly because I might have some fun with his character. So, to combine the way that I want to be a dude while still being a chick, I think I'll just do a genderbend. Problem solved. lD

playmysitardemy
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Currently working on the armor for Fem!Captain Phoebus from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Be using it for Halloween and possibly a convention or two, I haven't made up my mind yet. :3

I've got most of it down, but I can't decide on a short or long haired wig. I have three blonde wigs of different lengths, so I'm stuck between them. One I use for FFX-2 Rikku, one is a flipped out wig that is about shoulder length and one is almost a bob cut. Choices, choices!

xoxoPanda-chan
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Lol, I wanted to do a female version of
Yusei Fudo from Yugioh 5D's

I would love to see that!!! :D Speaking of YGO, I plan on doing female Yugi Moto ^.^

aiyua
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
The funniest thing is, in a lot of anime, even if you genderbent people, they'd look exactly the same except with/without boobs. >.> <.<

xoxoPanda-chan
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
The funniest thing is, in a lot of anime, even if you genderbent people, they'd look exactly the same except with/without boobs. >.> <.<

I agree. o.o It looks strange but oh-so-cool at the same time XD er..at least to me it does ^^;;

Ngibby
12-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I am planning on doing a genderbent version of; black rock shooter, Shana from shakugan no shana, and marcaline from adventure time

touchmon
12-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm planning on genderbending Rin from Ao no Exorcist while my friends are being genderbend versions of Yukio and Shima. If this goes well then I might do some other genderbends in my future.

Zartnew
12-20-2011, 03:51 PM
planning on being a female version of luffy from one piece at the next con I go to. :3 should be fun.

yamibakura03
12-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I always wanted to do either this outfit or this one for a Fem Uryuu Ishida cosplay. I would like to make it for comic con 2012 when my friend makes his male rangiku outfit. I believed I be recognize more in the white outfit, but that school outfit cool too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/yamibakura03/11104018_m.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/yamibakura03/QuincestBook-1.jpg

aikawa4869
08-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Maybe Miku or Luka ^^

Pirogoeth05
08-21-2012, 08:36 AM
I've got a few genderbends I'm either working on or would like to do. I'm planning to debut my genderbend Wolfwood at Ohayocon this year. She simply wears the women's version of Wolfwood's clothes. I just need to finish the confessional. :)
Another I have ready to go except the wig is a genderbend Piro from MegaTokyo. Just jeans, t-shirt, and a plaid shirt. I just need to get the Chibi from Arda to finish her off. I just hope that Fred is able to come to Ohayocon when I get around to wearing her. It would be fun to get his opinion on her.
I have another one ready to go, but her debut depends on my hubby. It's a genderbend Murphy MacManus from The Boondock Saints. Like Wolfwood, just female clothes instead of male. But hubby really wants to do Connor and doesn't want it to seem like he's copying me when he had the idea first. He rarely does costumes, so I don't want to prevent that at all.

The one I would love to do once I have enough money to put into her is a genderbend Tuxedo Mask. I looked at Tuxedo Mask and went "What would he wear if he were a woman?" The biggest difference is that she'll be wearing an evening dress instead of the tux. Unfortunately the most expensive part is going to be making the cape followed by getting the wig.

I love the idea of doing genderbends. I run across problems when my vision of the female version looks like a lazy crossplayer (aka unbound). So I just crossplay and be done with it, most of the time.

Oh! I forgot! This (http://kirbix24.deviantart.com/#/d5b75vp) is the only FtM genderbend I've seen and it's awesome!

Quinn The Spazz
08-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm genderbending Hibiki Lates from Fairy Tail, just so I have a use for the orangey wig my grandfather bought me.

tereshkova2001
09-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm planning to do both Toni Stark and Steph Rogers, from The Avengers. Toni's going to be a direct MTF swap, while Steph is going to involve a bit more design work and interpretation.

Jabberwack
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, I've designed a fem!Gamzee and a fem!Mello and fem! Matt, just I've decided that I can't do genderbent cosplays because of a mix of how I look generally guy-ish and my lack of boobs. I have been looking amongst my friends for someone that's willing to try the costumes out, but....my search will continue.

Kesra
11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I kinda wanna gender bend Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask

Sailor Moon

I don't wanna put the hubby (who I have to talk in to being Sailor Moon) into a sailor suit so I'm thinking I'm gonna put him in a kilt instead. Have the sash be the bow color instead and have the brooch actually be his sash pin. Gonna put the little ball thingies that go on her odango on to a pin that'll go in to his hat with a very simple circlet underneath with the gem. I've got a historical boot pattern so it'll be in a darker red...matching the sash probably. He'll have a poet shirt looking thing going for him as well in white and of course a belt tohold the Kilt up.

Tuxedo Mask

Kinda thinking of going with an overcoat like the one on Simplicity 2172 ( http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jqzooh55kOE/TtbNTraTznI/AAAAAAAAApQ/fFnMFcuwTKU/s1600/2172.jpg ) over a black skirt with a lacy, fluffy petticoat underneath, white button up shirt with a bow tie and a cape lined in red. White thigh high stalkings (or full on tights) and black heels. Top hat, mask, dark red lipstick, and a mini top hat off to the side on a wig with a high ponytail.

What do you guys think?

AnimeAndMusical
11-18-2012, 01:35 AM
It's funny that I found this as I'm actually in the beginning stages of planning Fem!Genesis from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. In the past I also made Fem!Prussia from Hetalia (not particularly original) and Fem!Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist (let's not get into an argument about if that really counts).

bana
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm actually planning on cosplaying fem!Castiel! :) Still trying to figure out exactly how.

LluviaSarcasm
12-16-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm going to cosplay a genderbent Aradia Megido at some point. It would be especially fun with a group.^^

And what I'd like to see genderbent: the Demon sisters from Panty & Stocking, Madoka Magica characters, Beelzebub characters and maybe also some from Lucky Star. I generally like seeing people's interpretations, even though I enjoy the canon designs.

Enkai
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
My latest cosplay wishlist worm that I've gotten into my head is a genderbent Twilight Princess version Ganondorf. I'm having fun with sketching it right now, although really, the biggest difference is the hair and the armor fit. If I actually did it, it'd mostly be because I can't pull off crossplay. at. all. and I want to do the big menacing villain in crazy armor instead of my husband for once.

Kurotaka9
12-25-2012, 10:38 PM
My friend and I have genderbent izaya and shizuo from DRRR!!

http://kurotaka9.deviantart.com/gallery/33632592

http://hsj-fanatic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4w33dh

Persiflage88
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
For me I look at the original character design and then sketch out a couple ideas of how I think that said character would look opposite gender. While still sticking to some of the original outfit XD

I really wish I knew how to draw sometimes, or knew someone who did. You're lucky if you're good at it. It must really help with conceptualizing.

Kagomekai
01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm planing on gender bending Joe Gibken from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

trmbngrl
01-01-2013, 11:37 PM
My boyfriend is doing a genderbend of Kaname Madoka for this next con. I'm excited! There are so many adorable drawings others have done and he has an RP account for 'Man'doka and yeah. It'll be cool I'm sure.

Tigersoul
01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm toying with an idea (I posted it on here ages ago) that a mesh and gender-bend of two characters (from a fanfic+RP I did) called Pika Ketchem (original plot was that Pikachu was really female and she and Ash got merged together into a female amalgamation of the two) Basically an anthro female pikachu (possibly with black hair, possibly not) wearing Ash's outfit except cutoff jeans. I didn't get a lot of feedback on it when I posted the concept so I dropped it, but I've not given up on the idea...

Kokoro Hane
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I wanna cosplay a genderbent Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi! What inspired me is when I saw 99 cents store selling plastic bats, and whenever I see baseball bats that aren't like the ones people use for serious I think of Keiichi carrying around that metal bat XD Since I am a girl, and would rather stay my same gender, let's make those pants into a skirt! LOL.

sleepygeek
03-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Depending on whether I can get some other folks to do a team with me, I'm either going to do Lady Thor or Valkyrie this year. Either way I need many of the same basic parts (the wig and body suits are pretty much identical) and to get myself a cute scientist girlfriend.

But even if I can't get together a fem!Avengers team, I might get one or two other girls and do a Lady Loki or a Sif?

WindNinjaDW
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
I want to cosplay a genderbender Kneesocks. I'm just looking for another person to do a genderbender Scanty with me.

Shana05
03-14-2013, 12:46 AM
I just put together a quick genderbend of Fry from Futurama. It's an actual canon design that appeared in the episode "Neutopia."

Crabcakes
03-17-2013, 05:14 AM
I'm currently working on lolita!Emmet, and I'm going for the genderbend route because I'm far too untalented and lazy to attempt to style his sideburns.

Most people would assume it's a genderbend anyway because I'm a girl in a skirt. v.v

nonsensicality
03-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I had to genderbend The Medic because I physically cannot crossplay, and I am thinking of starting to work on genderbend Russia or The Engineer I still haven't decided yet.

Usually when I genderbend I only change what would be changed in the situation, typically just long hair or adding a (reasonable) skirt. That's probably why I like ChemicalAlia's designs.

violetlights
03-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I recently realized that one of the wigs I'm buying is the perfect shade for Natsu Dragneel, so I'm planning on doing a genderbent cosplay of him one day :)

Neon-Heart417
03-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Male Nyan Cat?

Honestly, I don't think I've sen anyone do this one, I mean yeah, Nyan Cat, but mainly as female from what I've seen...

I'm hopefully gonnahave that cosplay done by Midwest! <3

CautiousAmber
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
I'd love to attempt a genderbent Renji from Bleach. it could be a neat challenge

Full Gloom
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
My dream cosplay would be Gender Bent Solid Snake. For some reason I feel like he'd be a tsundere if he was a girl.

I also am in love with the idea of Gender Bent Homura and Kyubey walking around together.

Mangaddict409
04-22-2013, 10:41 PM
I am working on Roy Mustang in a miniskirt currently. I would also like to know though if anyone thinks a fem sanouske from Kenshin is possible. I'd make the coat into a sort of dress and wear either shorts and a bandage top, or a bandage mini dress underneath.... I'm scared people will think I'm from bleach though...

Boreotheria
04-24-2013, 06:15 PM
I would love to see a fem version of Black Jack (http://tezukainenglish.com/bm/series/series_b/series-black_jack/series-black_jack-manga/index.shtml). I've seen lots of crossplay but no gender-bent versions.

touchmon
04-25-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd love to attempt a genderbent Renji from Bleach. it could be a neat challenge

I'm actually thinking of doing this. :D I got a long red wig from my friend that is the perfect color for Renji. I'm just a bit stuck on how to make a female design that is obviously female in the soul reaper uniform...

Shiizuma
07-10-2013, 06:51 AM
My Otakon group is doing FemOuran this year! We're using the male jackets and ties, but black skirts and tall socks. We're all overly excited about it and hope we can be recognized!

Norakun91
08-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I have a few plannedfor the next few years. A fem!roxas, fem!sora, fem!keima and a few others.

hikarigirl13
08-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Though it's already somewhat popular, I hope to do both a "Jackie" Frost from ROTG and a Fem Ezio from ACII. :3 I would crossplay but my measurements won't allow it heh..

Kinshai
08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm nearly done putting together a genderbend of Ichigo Kurosaki. It's a character I'm going to make several costumes for. So far I have planned:
1.) The school uniform, which I actually have finished
2.) The tattered shihakusho from Ichigo vs Ulquiorra
3.) The current outfit, with the zanpakuto that has the scalloped blade
4.) The female version of Franken-Ichigo from the Halloween episode

larrissalust
10-12-2013, 03:54 PM
i have almost finished my fem yami for yu-gi-oh cosplay and i can`t wait to strut my stuff as the queen of games herself XD

Ilafatyu
10-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Me and a friend are planning genderbent Zelda and Link. I'm sure it's been done a thousand times.

Shana05
10-20-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm playing with the idea of fem!Haruka from Free! (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/Sango1115/Anime/tumblr_mumzcbaGwT1sd0ejao1_400_zps9786652c.jpg) I already ordered an Iwatobi jacket from Taobao and I did see a swimsuit very similar to the one on that doujinshi cover for like $25.

VampireHugs21
10-21-2013, 12:25 AM
My fem Gaara is complete and will officially debut at Daishocon!

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/9879_360455984087016_1766130522_n.jpg

kittykatjojo
11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm actually almost done with my coat for Fem. Edward Elric! I've also done Fem. Iron Man ^-^

Slender Man
11-21-2013, 04:51 AM
I've decided to do a male version of Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote. Though I'm not exactly sure what I wanna do with my facial hair. Any suggestions? Clean shave, stubble, full beard? What do you guys think a male Tomoko would have?

kittykatjojo
11-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I've decided to do a male version of Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote. Though I'm not exactly sure what I wanna do with my facial hair. Any suggestions? Clean shave, stubble, full beard? What do you guys think a male Tomoko would have?

Haha xD
I would imagine a male Tomoko would have at least some stubble, or maybe even a full beard! I think a light stubble would look best though.

Shana05
11-26-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm planning to do a genderbend of the 9th Doctor. I got the outfit all planned out but I'm not sure how to go about the hair.

redsheep
11-28-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm planning to do a genderbend of the 9th Doctor. I got the outfit all planned out but I'm not sure how to go about the hair.

Pixie cut?

sebastiendog
12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of doing a genderbent cosplay of Faith from Mirror's Edge because it's one of my favorite video games and it wouldn't be too difficult. Or maybe cosplaying Mikuo, but he's not really OC because there's so much fan art of him he's pretty much official.

Pirogoeth05
12-13-2013, 12:22 PM
So, my plans really changed:
Planning to do:
Tenth Doctor (blue suit, Tux, Post-Regeneration)
First Doctor (bathing suit)
Junpei from Megatokyo

Want to do:
Tuxedo Mask
The Dude
The Dude on The Grid (original Lebowski/TRON: Legacy mash-up)

I think that's it right now. This is going to be fun.

lm001
12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I am kind of intrigued by the idea of a fem!Spike from Cowboy Bebop (no, not MLP.), but I can't tell if that's an awesome idea or a really bad one. I guess it depends on how one carries it out...

girlinthestars
12-29-2013, 11:46 PM
I had thought about trying to design a Genderbent group of Kingdom Hearts and then pulling some people into cosplaying with me. For some reason, I keep thinking of a lolita Sora. I think it's just because of his poofy pants.

It may happen some day.

Hatakechidori
12-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Sounds Awesome! _^
I'd actually like to evenpull off a girl cosplay!
Sorry about my profile pic. I'll upload as soon as I can.
Please be good to me!
I'm really nice, I'm new to the Cosplay forum, and I'd love to see Cosplay topics and updates!

hikarigirl13
01-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I'd really love to do a female version of Discord from MLP... Hoping I can get to work on it this year. ^__^

Danteisagenius
03-17-2014, 09:47 PM
When I get the money together (and finish a few projects) I plan on doing a Gender-bend Dante outfit with a pattern based off of Morrigan's. I also plan on forcing my older sister to follow suit with a Vergil Gender-bend.

=)

So excited!

alpha_helix
05-26-2014, 09:41 PM
my friends and I were talking about gender bending Game of Thrones and decided we really wanna see Queen Roberta Baratheon: a large, awesome bold drunk woman who henpecks her poor Lannister husband

Mangochutney
05-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Oh gosh yes. Genderbend the whole damn cast, give us utter horrible Jannifrey Baratheon and her grim-ass old campaigner aunt Tywa Lannister butting heads with Olen Tyrell about who's going to marry Jannifrey's widower dad Cersey.

...god, I wanna see Tywa really really bad now. And Brian of Tarth, because lol.

alpha_helix
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
If we do this GF claimed Petra Baelish, Mistress of Coin (doesn't that sounds sexy??) who's got a stable of male prostitutes.

DivisibleByZero
05-27-2014, 08:59 PM
The only gender-bending cosplay I have done is the Eleventh Doctor. :)
I did something similar to this, by DarlingArmy on dA:
http://darlingarmy.deviantart.com/art/Eleventh-Doctor-Matt-Smith-Cosplay-Skirt-330510661

Pirogoeth05
05-29-2014, 01:27 PM
I've decided to add Harry Dresden to my list. I've got a wig that will work really well for it. Otherwise it's a case of picking the right shirt, grabbing jeans, boots, coat, staff, and shield bracelet. :D

alpha_helix
05-29-2014, 09:44 PM
The only gender-bending cosplay I have done is the Eleventh Doctor. :)
I did something similar to this, by DarlingArmy on dA:
http://darlingarmy.deviantart.com/art/Eleventh-Doctor-Matt-Smith-Cosplay-Skirt-330510661

A good friend of mind says I should be lady!11 one day because I have this lovely (female-form tailored) tweed jacket that I wear just about every day during the months that have an R in them.

allsparksupreme
08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
someday i would love to do a genderbent Maleficent that can also transform into the dragon form

redsheep
08-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Just decided on a Starlord genderbend. Not changing the original costume at all, other than the hair.

KuruttaKanashii
10-06-2014, 08:01 AM
I adore Rule 63 for its character design aspects, and am currently in the planning stages of femme!Gambit (http://preciousterrestrials.tumblr.com/post/98940623896). Just gotta persuade my big brother to be Wolverine...

lelechan
10-07-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm planning to do a fem!Sora for Halloween, with my boyfriend as Riku. We've got a good OrgXII coat (it needs to be washed though) and I'm planning what is essentially amounting to a Trickster (from Homestuck) version of Halloween Town Sora. I'm going to do bright acid green, purple, and orange clothing with a multicolored tutu skirt, a candy-shaped hair clip, and a black underbust corset. I'm going to keep some small details the same, like having black leggings with red ribbon wrapped around them, plus I'll have the trademark crown necklace, so hopefully I'll be recognizable as Sora!

d4rk-king
10-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Sounds hella awesome you guys better take some pics. I plan on doing a fem!Dante from Devil May Cry 3 for Otakon next year hopefully. I have it all planned out already too haha.

JasonTerror
10-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see Dragonball Genderbends..But ones that are actually trying..You know, not just a girl in dress with the symbol on it..Like something that actually shows i's the character..Like maybe a Super Saiyan (from here on, SSJ) with spiked hair, but it get's long..Like normal looking SSJ1/2 hair on top but then it get's longer..Like what it might look like is Bulla went SSJ..That'd be neat to see a female Goku done that way..

touchmon
10-17-2014, 08:55 AM
^I've actually seen pictures of a girl that did that. It looked awesome but I don't remember exactly where...

Also, I'm going to be cosplaying female Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul tomorrow. :)

JasonTerror
10-17-2014, 08:41 PM
^I've actually seen pictures of a girl that did that. It looked awesome but I don't remember exactly where...

Also, I'm going to be cosplaying female Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul tomorrow. :)

That was probably the SSJ3 Goku one..
You mean this:
http://i.imgur.com/PVt7vut.jpg
Because that's PROBABLY the best Goku genderbend I've ever seen..And her picture is extremely well known.
But this is more what I see a lot (sorry, whoever this is):
http://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/female-goku-dbz-cosplay-crossplay.jpg
Now there's nothing wrong with that person doing it that way, but seeing as this is a "what would you like to see" thread, I can see I'd like to see less of that..It's fun to just go around in because you like the character or whatever, kinda like wearing a "Saiyan armor" print tee-shirt, but yea, I wanna see ones where people actually TRY..

KuruttaKanashii
10-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Love the first one's wig.
However, she's kind of fallen into the "female=belly shirt and teeny miniskirt" fallacy.

JasonTerror
10-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Love the first one's wig.
However, she's kind of fallen into the "female=belly shirt and teeny miniskirt" fallacy.

Even so, she still put a crap ton of effort into the cosplay..Even though it's a cropped short and mini skirt, that still takes more skill than buying a printed dress or shirt and wearing shorts with it and not doing anything else and calling yourself Fem!Goku..That;'s just one of those "I'm expressing I like X Character" not "I'm going to cosplay as a female version of X Character". But yea..Damn that wig is awesome..

KuruttaKanashii
10-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Second one looks like she just doesn't have the sewing skills to make a complicated cosplay, so she's going for something loose-fitting, easily recognizable, and comfortable.
You gotta remember not everyone has the same skill set.

JasonTerror
10-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Second one looks like she just doesn't have the sewing skills to make a complicated cosplay, so she's going for something loose-fitting, easily recognizable, and comfortable.
You gotta remember not everyone has the same skill set.

I knew this kinda reply was coming..That isn't the point I'm trying to make..This is a "what do you want to see" thread, so I'm using that as an example of what I normally see VS what i WANT to see done more. I don't care if someone wants to wear something that took no skill to do, whether they have that skill or not, that's not the point..They can wear that all they want, good for them, I'm not saying they should put more effort into it either..I'm talking about in general, I'd like to see anyone, whether they upgrade a closet cosplay style or just wanna do a really skilled looking one, is someone anyone that does more skilled looking ones. I see tons of male goku's at cons that have extreme amounts of skill put into it, I wanna see some gender bends do the same.

KuruttaKanashii
10-18-2014, 12:39 PM
I also see tons of non-genderbent cosplays which haven't had any effort put in.
I think "amount of effort put in" and "genderbent or not" don't really correlate.

Vchan
10-19-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm doing a genderbent Kain from Blood Omen 2 and was trying to avoid the 'slutty vampire' stereotype so basically am making the male version's armour with high heeled boots and designing a female-appropriate breastplate to cover me up somewhat. I'm aiming for fight-me rather than bite-me as most vampire-type costumes tend to go down the 'ohai I'm sexy' route and well, I'm 33 years old and that just isn't me.

I will post the sketch I've done when it's actually finished (will take a few more days as I'm off on holiday tomorrow) so would love some feedback on if I've managed to successfully create a convincing female vampire warrior type.