PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Wolf Help?

Avisu
06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi there, I really want to cosplay Sniper Wolf, but I'm not quite sure where to start. I've found a few good references

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb28/Takafutoku/SniperWolf.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100227131256/metalgear/images/a/a8/Twin_Snakes_Sniper_Wolf.jpg

But i need a little help.

What colour is her outfit, sometimes it looks gray, sometimes it looks green, i can't quite tell.
what material would you reccomend making the costume out of? I do not have access to a sewing machine, i had sew all my costumes but i can't draft my own pattern, is there anyone that could recomend a pattern to me to possibly use?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Scuba Snake
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
You can also go to am military surplus store and find a grey flightsuit.

rj_sosongco
06-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree, start with a military surplus store. You'll probably be able to find many of the major components of the cosplay there: flightsuit, some boots, gloves, elbow pads, etc.

Most Sniper Wolf production art and/or figures from MGS1/TS are blonde with a grey/olive jumpsuit. It's within the game environment, with the cooler, bluish ambient color, that her hair and clothing take on a greenish hue.

The crowning piece of any Wolf cosplay is the PSG1 sniper rifle, and there are a multitude of ways to go about it. Airsoft replicas will give you the most realistic options, but it can get pretty hefty in price (some airsoft PSG1s go for upwards of $500USD). I don't know about UK conventions, but most major conventions in the US ban airsoft replicas or guns with moving parts, for safety reasons. You could also make a prop PSG1, using various methods ranging from the super inexpensive cardboard to molding and casting your own plastic/resin replica.

Personally, I'm a cardboard kind of guy (recent college grad = super-debt!), so I'd be using cardboard, PVC pipe, etc to make my props.

Katsumiyo
06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Sniper Wolf doesn't wear a flight suit, but there are BDUs similar to hers out there. I prefer to make my costumes myself, so I dyed grey cotton a tinge greener and modified patterns from a t-shirt and old jeans. With something as close-fitting as Wolf, you're definitely going to want to make mock-ups so you don't waste your final fabric. However, I warn you...taking on a custom Wolf is quite a task even with a machine. With military stuff especially, neat stitching and good construction is vital. Anyone's machine you might be able to borrow?

ManiacMarshall
06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Also, don't forget that spandex or other similar stretch fabric might be appropriate for Wolf's uniform. And, remember, that if all else fails, her winter coat variant is always a possibility.

But I swear to God and all things holy if you screw up the rifle I will rain down destruction on you.

Scuba Snake
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Here is a website that i use when i cosplayed as snake about a year go. Try rangerjoes.com you should find anything that u need also prop weapons as well.