PDA

View Full Version : Jthm

Chun Li
11-12-2003, 09:12 PM
yeah i`ve ben thinking of doing a Jonny The Homicidal manic cosplay but i am stumped as to what the shirt that has the "Z?" on it looks like. all the pics i have found are from the sides and i can barely see the sleeves. anyone willing to helo if you know what i`m talking about

KnivesMoFO
11-12-2003, 09:16 PM
As far as I'm aware, the shirt is just a long sleeve black shirt with a Z? on it... and at the bottom of the sleeves, there are holes cut for his thumbs... I think.. I'm 100 percent on the thumbholes, but I'm almost SURE of the longsleevedness...

Kitten
11-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Ooo! They sell those, actually, if you'd be interested in buying one. My friend has one, and I'm going to steal it from her someday, yush indeedy. :D

Anyway, the ones I've seen are just regular black t-shirts with a Z? design like this on it:

http://balloonfarm.com/buttons/misc/jthm03.jpg

However, I might be wrong... Lemme go look through my comic books and I'll get back to you for sure on the sleeves. :D

Kitten
11-12-2003, 09:32 PM
After perusing my lovely collection of JTHM, I've come to the conclusion that most of his shirts were once long sleeved, but have been ripped around the elbow area.

Also, there appear to be two "Z?" shirts. The first is plain black with the Z? on the front as pictured in the link I posted earlier. Those sleeves are black and ripped elbow length.

The second has the Z? on the back. It's black, as is the Z?, but it's printed on a white rectangle. The Z and the ? are also on different lines. The sleeves are striped (black and white is what I'd assume, since that's what all of his clothes seem to be, but I don't have a color copy of it XD) and are ripped at the elbows as well.

Does that help at all? If you need some scans, I can get out the ol' scanner and give you a hand. The problem is that all the shirts seem to change from panel to panel, so I'd just choose what I think looks best and go with that. :D

Good luck on your costume! :heart: for JTHM. :p

Meredisu-chan
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Wow...if I saw someone cosplaying NNY...I think I'd have to glomp him. And then he would kill me. But it would be worth it! Mwahaha!!! *chokes on spit*

Love and peas!

-Meredisu-chan

KnivesMoFO
11-12-2003, 10:31 PM
You know, I'd love to cosplay as Mr. Eff....

Chun Li
11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Thanks Kitten and knives!. i`ll see if i can get this done in time, i`ll wear it to katsucon along with otakon and ANimeNEXT. the hair mite be a problem though. and i`m thinking of doing a squee costume. either the clown shirt or his PJS

Claireon
11-12-2003, 11:14 PM
NNY? Squee~!

I'll *have* to try and bump into you at Katsu.

Jolly
11-13-2003, 01:34 AM
how are you going to find the cleft boots??? That would totally rock
you should get evil doughboys to scurry after you... or a nail bunny
hee
good luch

Chun Li
11-13-2003, 07:37 AM
>>how are you going to find the cleft boots??? That would totally rock
you should get evil doughboys to scurry after you... or a nail bunny
hee
good luch

Lol. the cleft boots? i already have knee high boots that will do for the moment. maybe once i learn what cleft boots are i`ll go looking. yeah haveing the doughboys and/or nail bunny would rock. but i don`t think i`d have to time to make plushies

momo_anzu
11-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Nny! I can't believe it...please post pictures when you are done!

Lottie
11-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I have been thinking about doing a JTHM for awhile but i dunno. I agree, the hair will be a difficult thing. Good luck though, hope everything turns out well.

Skullez
11-21-2003, 06:09 PM
heh i did a nyy and devi cosplay once before. 3 years ago at a costume party. My friend was Tenna, =^.^= ! i got her a spooky to go along w/ it for x-mas one year! try looken at slavelabor.com to see what they got. I know they should sale Jhonen Vaszuez stuff.