PDA

View Full Version : NARUTO SERIES Costume Help

sasuke88
11-12-2003, 08:33 PM
HI

I REALLY NEED HELP

I NEED A PATTERN FOR NARUTO's costume and Neji's costume

I need as much helo as possible

Please tell me if you know anyone who sells costumes?

thanks

Animeshen
11-12-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm so glad you asked! Tommarow we're going shopping for materals and patterns for a Neji costume and a Gaara costume. I'll get back to you on what we find.

Aer
11-15-2003, 11:18 AM
You could always commission someone to make you the costumes online.
There are no patterns specific to anime characters. I just look at all the patterns at the fabric store till I find one that resembles what I need to make. Any alterations can be made easily.

They do sell Naruto's jacket. Check ebay for that.

Terumi
11-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Lol, you might end up doing what a lot of people do. When I buy patterns that I think are similar to a characters costume I end up modifing them so much that I should't have even goten a patern to begin with -_-;. But sometimes patterns can be really helpful and I wish you the best of luck on our costumes! But I'd say start out with a regular zip up top/jacket pattern for Naruto and then add onto that pattern acording to Narutos costume needs. x-x;; Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Mako-san
11-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Lol, you might end up doing what a lot of people do. When I buy patterns that I think are similar to a characters costume I end up modifing them so much that I should't have even gotten a pattern to begin with -_-;. But sometimes patterns can be really helpful and I wish you the best of luck on our costumes! But I'd say start out with a regular zip up top/jacket pattern for Naruto and then add onto that pattern acording to Narutos costume needs. x-x;; Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Very good ideal Terumi! I buy alot of patterns and alter them, mainly cause I haven't learned how to make my own patterns, I did make for the boot covers of naruto shoes, Rather simple too!
Hmm neji, you might can find the clothes he wears and not sew anything, and for Gaara too, I'm planning on making Gaara for katsu con!

Oh Terumi you too was the cutest naruto cosplayers in the masquarade!! I love that skit!

Anna_Chan
12-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Or if you stare long enogh at the costume you can make it yourself, that's what I did for my costumes.

kaoss
12-09-2003, 06:17 PM
a few months ago in some anime mag some company was making naruto headbands you know the metal ninja ones with the symbol on it, they looked pretty wierd to me (i wasn't into cosplay at the time) but i'll see if i can find that issue and i'll give you the details

-kaoss-

Anne Packrat
12-10-2003, 12:35 AM
you can get the headbands on Ebay. You can also get a jacket for Naruto, but they are expensive. You'd be better off buying an orange zip jacket and making it yourself. It's really not all that hard.

http://www.animechains.com/naruto/index.cfm

This place had a good number of screenshots showing all views of the costumes. You may have to dig around for them, though.

kerochan
12-10-2003, 07:16 PM
like everyone else said just find tons of screen shots from every angle and break the costume down. Break Naruto's outfit into a jacket and pants and then try to find patterns that closely resemble it. Most of us either end up making orginal patterns or modifiying preexisiting ones. Just try to find patterns that are close to what you need and are easy to make.

Naruto-Uzumaki
01-11-2004, 03:51 PM
They sell the headband ofcourse, but too many perhaps....even if there is a naruto jacket on ebay, its pretty darn cheap....No offense, the dude is asking if anyone knows where he can buy the cosplay, not how to make it.I have tried, but like I said in all of my other help Threads for the naruto cosplay, that my parents are refraining me from creating one from money use and failed expiraments.Like Sasuke here...I need help finding a Site that would sell them, and as for ebay, no luck at all....just headbands everywhere.I appriciate all of your help and respect....>.X';

Miaka No Baka
01-11-2004, 04:05 PM
some places sell the jackets online but be prepared to pay. They'll be like $120 bucks or more, yeah ppl are greedy sometimes. Ebay is your best bet cause sometimes ppl are more willing to let an item go for less. Also the jackets are japanese sized so they run smaller than american sizing so keep that in mind. The L size jacket probably fits up to a 40 inch chest and maybe a 30 or so waist. On ebay i seem to see mostly S and M sized jackets though =(

Miaka no Baka

baku_neko
01-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I've seen headbands, Naruto's jacket, jounin jackets, Sasuke's shirt and his arm bands on ebay at one time or another. And occasionally, someone is selling something they made themselves on ebay, but this is very rare. I'll tell ya right now, all the stuff I listed can get very pricy. Naruto's jacket runs for about $90-$100 and the jounin vest runs from $70-$90 on ebay. The jackets only have two sizes I've seen M and L (never seen an S, but I don't go on ebay much), which I think are child sizes, cause I own the Sasuke shirt and it's an M, and I'm a small person (5' 2" ^_^).

Most of the costumes from Naruto can be made by modifying patterns or even modifying existing clothing. I do the later for most of my costumes. Makes things easier on me. Less frustration and more free time for me.^_^

Rinslet~
01-12-2004, 09:57 AM
geez, i live in Chile and here, is imposible to find costume patterns and buy it from ebay or sites like that is SOOO EXPENSIVE, shipping cost is huge.

thatīs why we have to do everything, when we went as Naruto charas, we made the forehead protectors, and almost all the accesories, so, if we could, i think that everyone can with a little of imagination and work.

^^U i went out of topic, sorry