PDA

View Full Version : hotel info

Katan
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
I apologize if this has been said at some point in the past, but I couldn't search a million forums. My question is, does anyone know the hotel/date (I really just need the dates and phone number) information for katsucon 2004? The site seems to be down and I need to make reservations farley soon so our group can get a room on a good floor (those elevators are evil when you have a lot of costumes)

Thanks!

Recca-kun
11-13-2003, 03:21 PM
The convention dates are February 13th through 15th.

The con hotel is the Hyatt Regency Crystal City (http://crystalcity.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml), and their site lists the telephone number as 1-703-418-1234 (I didn't see a toll-free number offhand). I don't remember the exact con rate, it should around $120-130 per night.

As a side note to anyone who does not mind staying next door, the Marriott Courtyard Crystal City (http://www.marriott.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=WASCT) (phone number 1-703-549-3434 or toll free at 1-800-847-4775) is about $40 cheaper per night with AAA rate.

sailor-moon
11-13-2003, 04:03 PM
^_^ ::dances:: yay!! yea what was up with the site not working this afternoon ;__; ::sob::

XD

::looks at your sig::...tehehee...lotion....lol

Kas
11-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Yea I made reservations next door.. It's not that far and the hotel is very nice and it's cheaper than the con rate at the main hotel. They also have indoor pool and a nice juzzui. It was nice relaxing there. And yea. .the elevators at the Hyatt is evil. It took like 30mintues to get downstairs. -_-`

Lilli
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

The con rate is closer to $124/night I believe. Recca, I didn't know the hotel next door was so much cheaper! Hmmmmm :3

But nah. What if it snows again? I've heard from everyone that we're expecting another bad winter. OMG horrible. No... I think I'll keep my reservations in the main hotel ^^;;

Edit: Uhm... Not that my post is of any help, since apparantly the Katsucon page works again. . *slinks off and gets back to work*

Kas
11-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Our group was there last year when it snowed and the Hyatt kept the con rate for the extra days but the hotel next door dropped their rate to like $60 a night. So we checked out and dragged our stuff to the hotel next door and it was sooo much better than the Hyatt. But I'm praying that it doesn't snow again this year.

lunasreincarnat
11-16-2003, 01:28 PM
there is nothing worse then getting snowed in with no money -.- and a little brother with you... we ended up eating our supply of pockey and ramune...lol

Eurobeat King
11-16-2003, 01:45 PM
I booked my room next door at the Courtyard Marriott, and got it for $89 a night. (thank you, AAA!) I've stayed there before in 2000, 2001, and 2003 on that Monday when we were stuck there at WASFU-con :schitzo: and decided to switch hotels for Monday since it was cheaper. For 2004, I decided to stay there again, since through the past times I've stayed there, the walk from the CM door to the HYATT door is about a 30-second walk, 20 seconds if it's freezing cold outside, and 2 minutes if the ground is covered in snow.. :thumbsup: heehee But yeah, hopefully Katsucon 2004 will be fun, and the weather will be better than it was this year. Last thing we need is WASFU-con.. year 2!! :waaaah:

Sorahana
11-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Hmm..........maybe I should tell my mom this and have her cancel the rooms in the Hyatt and book at the the hotel next door lol XD.

Lilli
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
o.o;; *thinks about checking with the people in her room, to see if they'd wanna switch to the CM!*

... *wonders if she could get the same kind of room setup over that that she has now, hehe*

Edit: then again, that'd really only be a savings of like less than $10 per person... And I've got a nice room... so nevermind ^^;;

Sorahana
11-19-2003, 02:06 PM
My family(mom,aunt,uncle,2 cousins(1 boy age 14,1 girl age 9),grandparents)(my dad doesn't like corwds so he's staying home and qworking ;___; ) wants to stay in the Hyatt so we're staying there lol XD. Since there's a Katsucon block does that mean a bunch of rooms will just be Katsu people in one part of the hotel? Curious lol XD.

Tora
11-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Aww the Hyatt's not so bad! Yeah it's a little more expensive, but I love being able to just "run upstairs" for a costume change, nap, or a snack.

(granted if the elevators are bad you literally will have to run 'up stairs', but it wasn't that bad last year! We actually ran into Duel Jewel while waiting for an elevator ^_^ )

Generally the whole hotel gets booked with Katsu-goers, and the entire place is set up for the con. The lobby's always got con people chillin, and the hotel staff isn't even that bad about crazy 'kids in costume' (Although they might bug me about the bare-foot thing this year >_>)

Ok I'll stop babbling, but I just wanted to throw a perverbial bone to the Hyatt, I actually really liked it last year.

Sorahana
11-20-2003, 08:25 PM
And that was Tora the cosplaying spokesperson for the Hyat!! Lol I'm just kidding lol XD. I am so excited about Katsu!! How much longer?! Lol XD.

cordless runner
11-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Well Tora, the hotel staff might have like you but they didnt like me. Every time I turned around there was a hotel staff person on my back. I really dont think they like me at all and like I didnt even do anything. But yeah, the hotel is really nice, I cant wait to get there. I had a lot of fun there.

PatrickD
11-21-2003, 08:06 PM
I like the Hyatt. After going to so many cons, I've earned a free weekend. It's too bad AX is at the Hilton now. :(

Anyway, I'd stay at the Hyatt if I was going back to Katsucon...unfortunately, it doesn't fit into my schedule this year. (It seems like I only go to the odd-numbered ones.)

At least I finally got my Katsucon 9 photos up.
http://www.anime-cons.com/reports/photos.shtml/katsucon9

Kas
11-21-2003, 10:00 PM
I like the Hyatt. After going to so many cons, I've earned a free weekend. It's too bad AX is at the Hilton now. :(

Anyway, I'd stay at the Hyatt if I was going back to Katsucon...unfortunately, it doesn't fit into my schedule this year. (It seems like I only go to the odd-numbered ones.)

At least I finally got my Katsucon 9 photos up.
http://www.anime-cons.com/reports/photos.shtml/katsucon9

T_T oh no.. no PatrickD at Katsu. No Renamon and cute little Terramon. Awww.. my sis and I is gonna miss ya! Hopefully we will catch ya at another con. ^.~ and oh.. you got a pic of us in our FFX-2 costumes.

PatrickD
11-22-2003, 12:10 PM
T_T oh no.. no PatrickD at Katsu. No Renamon and cute little Terramon. Awww.. my sis and I is gonna miss ya!

I'll still be at Otakon, so I'm sure I'll see you there. ...and I'm considering going to Anime Mid-Atlantic, but haven't decided for sure.

Hopefully we will catch ya at another con. ^.~ and oh.. you got a pic of us in our FFX-2 costumes.

Yeah! How could I not get a photo of those great costumes?!

tsugaru
11-23-2003, 06:54 PM
eeeeeeek! speaking of hotels i need to figure my situation out and fast! haha ^^;;;

glad this thread reminded me

Anikiki
11-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Tell me: Is the Marriott better than the Hyatt? How far is it from the con? I know it's cheaper, and they're still holding reservations.

Mako-san
11-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Tell me: Is the Marriott better than the Hyatt? How far is it from the con? I know it's cheaper, and they're still holding reservations.

The hotel is literally a hop skip and jump from the con hotel. I think its a great hotel, the rooms have cherry wood furniture!! Nice big bathroom, it has an indoor pool and jacuzzi.
Mmn not sure on the parking but i think we had to pay like 25 bucks to park that weekend at the hyatt and it might be the same at the marriott.

Anikiki
11-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Don't care about parking...

BTW, didya see the katsucon webpage? It's updated. www.katsucon.com

tsugaru
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
I am in the process of planning for a room at Katsu and currently only have two people in it. If there is anyone looking to go in on a room to cut costs Id be more than happy to include you guys in on this.

Feel free to pm me or message me over aim if you are interested!

thanks

Toastersix
12-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Hehe.. It reminds me of AWA 9. My group made reservations late and couldn't get con hotel rooms, and we somehow wound up on the club floor with the staffers. ^_^ Not as fun as people sleeping in the hallway and all-around ruckus all night... but still! I saw and met some really awesome staffers there. ^_^

NekoZidane
12-14-2003, 03:38 PM
By the way, does anyone need a place to crash? I have a room at the Hyatt for 3 nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat) and I need to fill it up. Good times, folks, grab it while you can. PM me, or get in touch with me through Tora, as how my AIM name is bloacked to strangers. Sorry Tora. :)

tsugaru
12-16-2003, 01:25 PM
sent ya a pm feel free to get back to me whenever you can ^^