PDA

View Full Version : Grell Cosplay please help

sharpshard
06-10-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm making Grell's cosplay, and I need some help/advises.

Luckily, my normal day glasses are red, so I don't have to worried about looking for a pair of red glasses. But I want to know where I can find the glasses rope?

And what's that thing on Grell's arm? the belt-like item.

Finally the ribbon around his collar, it is just a ribbon, or is it a piece of cloth?

Thanks in advance.

Gypsyangelf4i
06-10-2011, 06:54 AM
OK for the eyeglass chain, you're going to have to partly make it. For the plain beaded part, I just found a cheap beaded necklace in the right length and bead pattern. The skulls I bought of Etsy.com and attached them to the beaded chain with jewelry wire from Hobby Lobby. I also bought the little loops there to slide the chain over your glasses ear pieces.

For the arm thing...he has arm garters (TY PapercutSenvy). They are super easy to make. I just got some small rectangle metal hoops once again from Hobby Lobby. They are in the sewing section. I think people use them for making belts. I attached a piece of velcro (soft side up) to the hoop. Halfway along it's length I cut it and attached the other piece of velcro (prickly side up) by just sewing the 2 pieces together at the cut end. You can run the velcro through the hoop and attach it back on to itself. If I didn't explain it well enough, just let me know and I'll try to take some pics later.

For the ribbon around his collar....I just used ribbon. It's such a narrow strip and cloth would likely just fray.

sharpshard
06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
thank you ^^

if i can get the costume finished, then i'll make the chain saw.

Kagoma_kage
06-22-2011, 05:26 PM
The belt things are shirt garters. Mine are abit of leather with a buckle that are actually held on by Velcro, (to themselves, not the shirt) The neck tie is a ribbon. And for the chain, I cut up a plain beaded glasses chain from the dollar store, the skulls I had and added rings under them (shoe eyelets in my case.) Good luck!

jalynissuper!
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
i agree with the above. but for my arm garters I went to walmart and got two dog collars. (small/medium size works perfect)

sharpshard
06-29-2012, 07:33 AM
lol dog collars, way to go, never thought about that.

I have finished the costume, and the weapon. but the weapon was too weak, it broke after a few swings. Can anyone tell me how to have it made more sustainable? I used cardboard last time, btw.

foxyv17
02-19-2013, 11:17 AM
i agree with the above. but for my arm garters I went to walmart and got two dog collars. (small/medium size works perfect)

That is an amazing idea! Is it ok if I use it as well?