PDA

View Full Version : Flame Of Recca

Gingerbread Man
10-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Flame of Recca is definetly one of my all time favorite series...except for the ending. not only does it just stop, but it tells you the loose ends that are still hanging out there. My question is, is there a second season of Flame of Recca? or is it all explained in the rare and elusive manga that I wouldn't be able to read anyway? or did it really just stop off?

SleepingKirby
10-25-2002, 12:04 PM
As far as I know, they just plain stopped the series. What do you mean plain stopped? Well, I don't know the english name of that boy with the ever-changing weapon/puzzle. But he's suppose to have that sixth(?) form that he hasn't figured it out yet? They cut that fight out altogether. As far as I know. Flame of Recca didn't get enough ratings to continue (sorry, but can kind of see why.) so they just cut it short. As far as I know, there isn't a second season. (shouldn't it be third season? There was 52 episodes,right? That should be 2 seasons, right?) If you can read Chinese, I can definitely direct you to a place to get the Manga. If you read Japanese, Kinokuniya and Nippon books can ship out Japanese books for you (I think they're on issue 32 or 33. I'm at 31 myself.). But asides from that, yeah, no more Recca anime.
Sorry.

Ayaka
10-25-2002, 01:21 PM
I actually have the first five chapters in English. I could share them with you if you want. But you didn't hear it from me. *pulls up collar of trenchcoat and walks away*

Gingerbread Man
10-25-2002, 02:26 PM
I'd love to see them....but I still owe ya for the link to the western patterns place.......

Ayaka
10-25-2002, 04:16 PM
lol you don't owe me. I'll zip and upload them soon as I get a chance . . . Snoopy Cool was doing the translation, but they're (apparently) defunct now. I think they had like the first 13 chaps too. I'm sure someone has them floating around, and I think there's a text translation somewhere as well.

Gingerbread Man
10-25-2002, 04:51 PM
I think I'm in love....

Ninjafu
10-25-2002, 05:08 PM
It's too bad there isn't a second season. The manga has alot more packed into it. I thought Reacca Recca was great untill they hit the tournament... I mean.... why do animes have to end up in a tourney all the time? Thats Why a second season would rock because, the tournament ended and it leaves room for more plot and adventure.

*shrug* ohwell

*goes back to reading the manga.

Gingerbread Man
10-26-2002, 11:23 AM
quick question for all you Flame of Recca fans...if you could nab one of the psychic weapons (madoku?) for yourself, which one would you grab. for me...it's all about the Admantium Blade followed closely by the one the that does the hair stuff....you know what I'm talking about.

Mikagami
10-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SleepingKirby
As far as I know, there isn't a second season. (shouldn't it be third season? There was 52 episodes,right? That should be 2 seasons, right?)

Actually, there were only 42 episodes in the series, IIRC.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
quick question for all you Flame of Recca fans...if you could nab one of the psychic weapons (madoku?) for yourself, which one would you grab.

*points to his handle and avatar picture* Ensui, easily. I also would mind having Kaoru's Kougan Anki as well.

Yggdrasil Pie
10-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Waii! Me love Flame of Recca!

For the Psychic Weapons thingie...I would want Saicho's Shiki Gami (Was that the name of it?) I love origami things, and if I could blow some stuff up with the millions of origami creations in my room..XD

The series was weird though, it ended so suddenly, I was like "Is that it?!"

SleepingKirby
10-28-2002, 05:01 AM
Well, since teh eight flame dragons aren't a madoku, Ensui, all the way.

zyon243
12-08-2008, 03:10 AM
i just finished watching the seies today and i started reading it on onemanga.com they have alot of manga to read on the and its freeand if you use this then e-mail me at zyon243@gmail.com and make the sbject onemanga kk...damn :mad: i gtg to bed bye ppl