PDA

View Full Version : Wig Site Review: Epic Cosplay

xichigo
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Things have been resolved now, but I do hope that next time it does not take this long with no communication. If you are unable to ship out a product for x amount of days, you let your customer know right away.

Foxberry
06-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Apparently they were having some troubles with their stock or something.
This is from their site:

EpicCosplay
All - sincere apologies for the lack of communication. It's been an extremely busy week with the collection and processing all of our inventory. All outstanding orders will be shipped, refunded or options provided by weekend's end. EC will be responsible for all of its shipping and customer service going forward. Expect good things in the coming days and weeks. ♥

Also something was going on between them and Coscom's shopping, not sure what's going on but there's apparently a lot of confusion.

xichigo
06-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't think it's too difficult for them to send out an e-mail explaining the issue, rather than ignoring everyone for days and days when internet access is so easily accessible right now. I don't think the communication should ever LACK when it comes to a business. If you are busy, you let your customers know what's going on and that you won't be able to answer for blank amount of time.

Funhouse
06-19-2011, 03:48 AM
I think the fact that they deleted your question raises big red flags to me. \:

EpicCosplay
06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
We corresponded over email. Hope the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.
Thanks

EpicCosplay
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Things have been resolved now, but I do hope that next time it does not take this long with no communication. If you are unable to ship out a product for x amount of days, you let your customer know right away.

Agree 100%

Please treat it as an isolated incident. Working to right the ship, thanks for your understanding.

xichigo
06-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I thought all of your wigs are heat resistant and have more volume than regular kanekalon wigs? My wig melted right away from my curling iron and straightener. It also has no volume at all and tangles so easily. I compared it to the last wig I bought which is what I'm wearing in my profile picture. Very big difference. I don't understand why you guys do this. I even saw a negative feedback on your ebay store about how another customer got a non-heat resistant wig. What is happening to your business?

EpicCosplay
06-29-2011, 12:24 AM
We've written back to you with an inquiry on your process and procedure. They are all heat resistant but there is a lot of variation on how people style these so you need to control for those variables. The one person that complained never elaborated on their process. One instance, person melted a wig by going 500 degrees directly to the fiber without any kind of moisture on the wig. This wouldn't work well for your own hair so, it certainly wouldn't work on a wig. :)

Any case, we can assure you the products are fine and we are able to work with anyone on issue resolution.

xichigo
07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Right now with the time I have, I just need a wig at least 18" natural blonde. I emailed you guys back. Did all of your staff go to AX? I haven't gotten a response in 3 days.

exclibur731
08-20-2011, 12:35 PM
'm saving for the 15" Black straight wig on epic cosplay but I was wondering about how much does the shipping cost to PA?

KnightJeran
08-20-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.epiccosplay.com/shipping-information.html but it doesn't say much. Since they're shipping from the US, it'll be somewhere between 5-10 dollars ish.

JasonTerror
12-30-2011, 12:50 AM
i have a question on epiccosplay wig sizes. do they come in the bigger sizes like ardas do?
i was looking at this wig
http://www.epiccosplay.com/12-dark-brown-layered-short-cosplay-wig.html
its a good length for the next wig i need to style. but i need to make sure it fits. arda seemed to be the only place that has wigs big enough but if this one is big enough i may buy it

aMURica
01-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Nah, they're not as big as Arda. Arda's wigs are specially made for people with large heads. I have a tiny head, and I usually buy from EpicCosplay because they're more suited to my skull.

JasonTerror
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
well, nevermind. im not going to that site anymore. not only are they too small for me, but the one i bought in the link i posted before, it says it can be styled with productst, but it cant. that was a huge waste of money and im running out of fucking time to get it styled. so im not trusting anything that site says. it ony takes one falsely advertised product to make someone not want to buy from them..too bad

dizzylizzy
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
well, nevermind. im not going to that site anymore. not only are they too small for me, but the one i bought in the link i posted before, it says it can be styled with productst, but it cant.

They are able to be styled. With all wig styles, styles cannot be done in a matter of minutes. It can take an hour or two... or 10. Depending on the type of style, you may have to use heat to set. The fibers are sewn in certain directions which can only be changed with heat and/or product.

I'm just chiming in because I've styled that wig a number of times with Rave 4x hold hairspray and a blowdryer.

13Diamonds
06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
I know this is a little old but I would like to leave my feedback.

I bought a wig from them last year with no problem, got the wig in like 3 days, and I loved it. The exact color, and the wig is very soft and easy to manage.

Since I was happy with my first purchase, I decided to make another. At first the colors of the wigs from the same color page(raspberry pink) were all different looking. So I asked if the wig was more on the lighter side like one picture they showed, or on the darker side like another picture they showed. They said it was lighter. When it arrived within about 3 days, it was the darker color and I could not use it. The wig was still very soft and didn't tangle much considering it was a 40" which was nice. I was upset and asked them if I could send it back. I paid for shipping back. They then asked me what cosplay I was doing, so I told them and linked them a reference picture. They recommended me a wig saying others used that wig for that cosplay. What confused me was that the link said cherry pink but it was in the same category as the raspberry pink. I told them if it was that color then please send it, and if it only came in the 26" which they replied it only did so I said that's fine I'll deal. So I wait and then get the new wig, but guess what? It's the same fricking color.

I told them how disappointed I was and didn't want to deal with spending more money to send the wig back, so I asked for the partial refund from the price difference. I have yet to hear back from them.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed in how their communication/customer service has gone down the toilet, and how they lied to me about the color. :/

I will order from them again but I will make sure to do research, or ask around on the actual colors of the wigs before I buy, and not even bother to talk to them.

EpicCosplay
06-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I know this is a little old but I would like to leave my feedback.

I bought a wig from them last year with no problem, got the wig in like 3 days, and I loved it. The exact color, and the wig is very soft and easy to manage.

Since I was happy with my first purchase, I decided to make another. At first the colors of the wigs from the same color page(raspberry pink) were all different looking. So I asked if the wig was more on the lighter side like one picture they showed, or on the darker side like another picture they showed. They said it was lighter. When it arrived within about 3 days, it was the darker color and I could not use it. The wig was still very soft and didn't tangle much considering it was a 40" which was nice. I was upset and asked them if I could send it back. I paid for shipping back. They then asked me what cosplay I was doing, so I told them and linked them a reference picture. They recommended me a wig saying others used that wig for that cosplay. What confused me was that the link said cherry pink but it was in the same category as the raspberry pink. I told them if it was that color then please send it, and if it only came in the 26" which they replied it only did so I said that's fine I'll deal. So I wait and then get the new wig, but guess what? It's the same fricking color.

I told them how disappointed I was and didn't want to deal with spending more money to send the wig back, so I asked for the partial refund from the price difference. I have yet to hear back from them.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed in how their communication/customer service has gone down the toilet, and how they lied to me about the color. :/

I will order from them again but I will make sure to do research, or ask around on the actual colors of the wigs before I buy, and not even bother to talk to them.

Hi Diamonds,

Thanks for your feedback. Were glad you said something rather than keep it inside. This gives us an opportunity to address your concerns.

If we recall, this is for the Elfen Lied cosplay right? The Raspberry Pink is :very close: in color to the Cherry Pink but they are more subtle differences. I think if you had both together in hand, the differences would be easier to see.

Regarding the refund of the price difference, this was already sent - please check your paypal account.

We are sorry that you had a bad experience in here. Do we make mistakes and sleight people unintentionally..? HECK YEA..! Will we try our best to make things right..? That's a double heck yea.

Perhaps next time you can call the customer service number posted on the top of the website. If you reach us during California business hours, someone will get back to you or respond to your call asap. We can assure you that we would absolutely not deceive you nor anyone else.

Honor, reputation, and reliability means more than anything else to us.

Thanks for still wanting to shop from us. It is safe to try to talk to us again. ;)

Regards,

Team Epic

13Diamonds
06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Update on my review if you will.

As you can see EC did do all they can to fix the issue which I am grateful for. The wig is lighter then what was sent previously, but darker then what was provided on their website. The wig will work for my cosplay and they issued me a partial refund for the price difference and offered me a full refund and pre-paid postage if I didn't want it.

Again I will still buy from them and recommend them, just will make sure of the colors of the wig before I buy from now on.

Neelh
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
How big are the wigs? Because although my head is pretty average, it gets a bit bulbous with all my hair on my head. Cosplaywigs is a little small on me, but fits well enough.

13Diamonds
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I have long hair, almost waist length, and they are great on me, nice and tight when I tighten it to with the hooks. I'm not sure exactly, but if it helps, ardawigs is waaaay to big for me. I have a smaller head, 22-23" I wanna guess?

Neelh
06-09-2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks! My head appears to be a little smaller than that, so that's good. ^.^

Black.Cat-Chan
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Since I didn't want to bother making a new thread (yes, I'm lazy) I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Gunmetal Grey and Copper Red Colors. I found them the best colors for my Pabu and Ches gijinka, and was wanted to know if the colors are at least close to what is on the site. Also wanted to know how long is their shipping eta for the East Coast. Also, what is the general size (not length) were the wigs. I have a bit of a guyish head (bigger than normal girls) and wanted to see how the fit would be.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help.

Blood_Sword
08-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Since I didn't want to bother making a new thread (yes, I'm lazy) I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Gunmetal Grey and Copper Red Colors.
My twin KratosAurion28 has used a copper red wig for their Kratos (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/325865/) cosplay.