PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RX 03
11-15-2003, 08:55 AM
Anyone seen this great show or read the manga? I've seen epi. 1, and read the first 3 chapters, and plan to watch epi. 2 today. =D

But, getting on topic, is anyone doing a FMA costume? I pushed back a costume so I can make Ed for Katsucon. If anyone cosplays Al, you're are a cosplay-god/godess.. o_o

jen_kat
11-15-2003, 01:47 PM
I've seen episode 1 and 2, and at the next anime club meeting, I'll see episode 3. From what I've seen of it, I like it.

I don't think I would cosplay anything from it though, little as I've seen. Perhaps I'll change my mind in the future. It would be soo cool to see someone cosplay from it though. That's definitely a lot of metal/metal-like looking material that would have to be used...

Kinoko
11-15-2003, 03:22 PM
My sister is really getting into that series.
Ironically, her name is the same name as the opening song, "Melissa".

If some one cosplayed from it, it would be awesome.

Eleryth
11-15-2003, 07:12 PM
I've seen up to ep 5, I think, and I really enjoy it.

My bf wants to dress up as Ed, but for myself, so far, there's a serious lack of female costumes, so I probably won't do any from the series. His only stipulation for being Ed is that he gets the arm. *sweatdrops* It's doable without, of course, because of the jacket, but that's not what he likes about the costume.

Now, as mentioned, we just need some cool female characters!

Kas
11-15-2003, 09:42 PM
The military uniforms look nice too. Those would be cool to cosplay in. I love FMA.. Ed and Al is soo adorable.

Catboi Blues
11-16-2003, 09:02 PM
But, getting on topic, is anyone doing a FMA costume?

I am now. I really have to hand it to you. I checked the series out after seeing your post and I'm already hooked.

There is a unique feature to Edward that I like. Usually its the left arm as its taboo to use the primary arm for such. But then again its all taboo here, isn't it? ;)

daguru
11-17-2003, 01:09 PM
havn't seen the show at all, but they're making a game out of it. it looks cool. I might get hooked too.

Ura-Kou
11-18-2003, 10:56 AM
I've seen up to ep.8. It's very good if your into that kinda stuff. I'm thinking about doing Sagara, but my friend wants to do him as well =P

Volksen
11-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Ive seen the first 6 episodes and waiting for more.
I have decided that I will definately do Ed in all his auto mail glory. Will be for sometime next year though as my costume cart is currently full :/

RX 03
11-19-2003, 07:48 AM
I am now. I really have to hand it to you. I checked the series out after seeing your post and I'm already hooked.

There is a unique feature to Edward that I like. Usually its the left arm as its taboo to use the primary arm for such. But then again its all taboo here, isn't it? ;)

No problem, if I can get one fanboy hooked, my mission is completed XD

Catboi Blues
11-19-2003, 08:21 AM
My thanks. You've certainly done your job.

...now to get my Edward outfit ready by Ohayocon...

Rashvard
11-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Full Metal Alchemist is kind predictible (with all the maniacs alchemists transmuting they'r parents into dolls and chimeras.. but, putting that aside, its a very good show. One of the best of this season, I might add ^^

Anyway, about cosplayin': I think any short-looking boy (or girl) with a long hair (or at least a good wig) would look good for Edward.
In Al's case.. well, anyone got a battlearmor at home? Ya can always try to produce these kinds of armors with E.V.A., but it is still a lot of trouble (the mask, for example).

Someone should consider cosplaying the crossed-scar man with sunglasses, the one that got a cursed arm (and is walking in the desert in the opening).

Catboi Blues
11-20-2003, 09:31 AM
But if someone went as our cross-scarred mystery man, I would bet that he would be mistaken(even with the hair a different color) as a certain cross-scarred character w/ glasses from Yu Yu Hakusho. But I am now officially planning on making FMA outfits. And if everything works out, then maybe you might get to see an Ed as well as an Al. :D

Rashvard
11-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Its normal been mistaken.. like the series that the characters wear school uniform all the time. A nicelly done tattoed arm would do just fine, and would get a lot of attention!

javits
11-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be making Ed (complete with the arm and leg automail) and Riza Hawkeye costumes for myself for AWA next year. I'm also going to be making Roy Mustang's uniform for a friend of mine... unless I decide that I really *do* want to face the daunting task of making Al's armor from scratch, as per my original plan. Hmm. We shall see!

(Al's armor is going to be entirely dependant on how hard of a time I have making the automail.... >_>)

EDIT: Does anyone else feel too tall when thinking about cosplaying Ed, or is it just me?

Rashvard
11-21-2003, 10:37 AM
javits, about feeling tall for cosplaying Edward.. thats why I said a girl would do better ^^

Young people don't tend to work hard on cosplays, and "old" people tend to be tall - thats a shame, the posibilities decrease a lot.
Like, I love Naruto, but I can just cosplay the older ninjas and teachers.. the main characters are all 12-year old kids. And I'm 18-year old with 186cm height.

But, anyway.. maybe it can't be helped. It will be like the original one, but in a larger scale, eh? Cosplayin' is all about fun! Never forget that. They will all remember "the perfect Ed cosplay.. besides he was a little tall, but that doesn't really matters" ^^

javits
11-21-2003, 01:14 PM
javits, about feeling tall for cosplaying Edward.. thats why I said a girl would do better ^^

I'm a girl, and I still feel too tall, though. ^^;;

Eh, it's probably just because my friend that's going to cosplay FMA characters with me is only 6 or 7 inches taller than me, so I'm too tall comparatively. Or something like that. I guess I'll just stop worrying about it and have fun. ^__^

Rashvard
11-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes! Have as much fun as you can!! And punch anyone that comments about your height (too tall or too small, just yell and move your arms in a scary way like Ed usually does) ^^

Alkaren Hyralt
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Hehe, I'm wanting to cosplay Roy Mustang for Ushicon. Don't know if I have enough time though to make the costume.

chibistarpower
11-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Hyas! I plan on being Edward for Katsucon 2004! I just gotta figure out how to do that metal arm! I already have the long blong hair ^_^ hehe

MEW
12-01-2003, 07:09 AM
Nice to meet you, my name is MEW. I'm a cosplayer living in Japan.
I'm not good at English ... sorry when I wrong.(><;

Recently, I look FMA cosplayers. I'm one of them too.
This series has very popular now ... I'm surprised to it, because it's not famous before animation started.(^^;
In furture,I'm looking forward to look FMA cosplayers in some countries!

Oshi
12-01-2003, 01:54 PM
I'll be cosplaying Roy Mustang... ehh, sometime in the future o_o;
I just love the National Alchemist uniforms, heheh.

yukitoLeonheart
12-07-2003, 03:08 PM
I literally am ED, I feel his short pain!!!!!!!!!! I love FMA! I am amking the arm just for fun, not for like a super costume.

Rashvard
12-08-2003, 11:23 AM
yukitoLeonheart, can ya post some photos of the the arm you're making? ^^

yukitoLeonheart
12-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Yea............. BTW, is anyone else REALLY disturbed by the guy who loved Rose, Tucker, and crossdressing Butcher. They are some of the most disgusting chracters in anime. I like was beyond disturbed in episode 7. I knew he did that to his wife (obciously) but............ he didn't even view anyone as his family, she was just a convenient subject. This anime is AMAZING, the way they did the plot like this was an excellent choice. The way they presented the realistic, dark side to alchemy and it's corruption........... just amazing. The way they showed both guys condemning Ed because he used tabboo alchemy and said they were no different.......I loved it. They just built it up so well, and the character of Ed is so tormented, distraought, and used up until the mine, which is where he finally get's a chance and is freed from feeling like he did. Still, the back story is one of the most dark, twisted, disturbed anime parts EVER. The anime is not for those who can't deal with an amazing anime that will, at times, rip into your heart and mind and just disgust you and make you feel awful and sad.........still.

Yea, I am starting the arm as soon as I find the pieces I need, I want to make the one part of the arm that is like a large plate realistic.

chibistarpower
12-08-2003, 02:46 PM
i agree, those chars are really messed up, I felt so bad for ed..when the nina thing happened *not trying to give a way spoilers.... NEwayss....how are you gonna go about the arm, i really wanna make mine but i know its gonna be hard to do , and tips?mew?

Rashvard
12-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Yes.. so is the manga - really, it follows a different path, as my friend says, but its the same plot.
Since the second episode I felt it was not an ordinary serie - with the ".. ro-se.. ro-se.." bird-man scene. And it keeps going further and further into the twisted minds of many people and alchemists.
Its good to see that every character in the show has his own will and purposes (not like in most animes, when they look secundary from all point of views).

And someday I will cosplay Al!! ^^

XJhideSB
12-08-2003, 03:08 PM
I want to do an Al cosplay. In about 5 minutes I came up with a lot of great ideas for it. It all depends on if I can get all of my other costumes done in time for this year though. I already have like 4 that I am working on right now... so yeah...

The only problem with the costume is the heat issue. I made an 8 or 9 foot tall Domo Kun costume last year, and I couldn't be in it for more than about 30 minutes without feeling like I was going to pass out. So anyone else planning on doing Al, make sure that you take that into consideration.

yukitoLeonheart
12-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Yea, also this series has a lot to do about God and religion. I think those people are named after the 7 deadly sins. Ep 7 made me want to puke and cry. I felt just....... I have never fealt so awful, and just sorrowful for a character........Nina......I hate Tucker the most out of any person, he in my opinion is the most disgusting creature ever. I did like the crossdressing guy, I was laughing, still the Nina episode disturbed me because I was so into the series. I was like out of it for a while. Then I realized he never saw her as his daughter, just a convenient subject. Seeing that on a wall though, it like made me want to cry. I love Ed and Al, They make for one perfect main character.

For the arm, a lot of it is going to come from home depot and a used sporting equipment store. So far, I think I have the hand figured out. Their are gloves that have the fingers separated, and with some metal I can make it look real nice.

Eleryth
12-08-2003, 08:14 PM
My boyfriend wants an Ed costume some time in the future, and we were discussing how we could make it now, and I think we are going to use Amythest Angel's armour technique. I think it would work really well. We're also tempted to make it just outta crafty foam, and not coat it with plastic, just to see how that would work. It wouldn't be as heavy, and still be flexible. Painted correctly, it could look like metal. Underneath, he would be wearing a silver-grey glove. Either bought or sewn from spandex/lycra stretch material. We weren't going to worry about the leg - too much hassle.

Whomever tries anything, be sure to let us know how it goes, ne?

yukitoLeonheart
12-09-2003, 06:58 AM
Yea, I would use metal for a lot more of it, except the "no live steel" rule! It would stink to make an amazing creationg just to have it not be legit in a con. It seems all of us really know one heck of an anime series, we should start an FMA club or something fun! This anime is already just amazing...... Also it would be nice to discuss it more frequently.

RX 03
12-09-2003, 09:00 AM
I usually think the no "live steel" means swords/guns/etc.

If it's part of the physical costume and can't be taken off or cut people with it, it's fine.

liz-maru
12-09-2003, 09:24 AM
i really wanna cosplay as ed lol

yukitoLeonheart
12-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Liz Maru, I never understand your saying "wheres my fanboys??" You are not only sweet and kind, but are completely adorable. In fact, I am suprised you are not like "I have too many fanboys". I would be happy to be your fanboy, esp now that I know you are an FMA fan!

Rashvard
12-09-2003, 10:05 AM
I usually think the no "live steel" means swords/guns/etc.Indeed. Its just for guns and swords.. either way, its extremely rare to see a metal cosplay armor - actually, I never really see one, yet.

liz-maru
12-09-2003, 05:48 PM
omg omg omg yukito i WUV you ^-^ you sweet lil muffin!! thank you so much!! ahahehehehe!! *^^* you just made my week there lil buddie!! <3 lol i got one fanboy *does a dance* ehehe!! you rule! and i luv luv fma ^-^ ahaheee! p.s. i luv all your picies in your gallery lol ^_-

yukitoLeonheart
12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Blushes....................wow...........now you made MY day........and it's my Dad's bday and tomorrow is Nikkis, this week is awesome, that and school is basically out! WOW, now I need episode 10, if I get it tonight, I think I will have the ultimate day ever!

chibistarpower
12-10-2003, 08:20 PM
hehe, a club would be kewl, i cant wait till epi 11!

liz-maru
12-12-2003, 09:59 AM
me either (i cant wait either!) and yukito happy birthday to them ^o^ yay!

Oshi
12-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Indeed. Its just for guns and swords.. either way, its extremely rare to see a metal cosplay armor - actually, I never really see one, yet.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=97925
Knightess from RO with full metal armor :D Roofing aluminum was the metal used...

chibistarpower
12-13-2003, 01:50 AM
ohh I saw her at Anime USA, i wanted to ask her how she made her arms!

Rashvard
12-14-2003, 12:04 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=97925
Knightess from RO with full metal armor :D Roofing aluminum was the metal used...Hm.. but thats not a REAL armor (one that is made to protect your body and still let ya move "normally" around), the cosplay is nice, but the plates aren't well-worked (like, to give forms like the human body).

But anyway.. thats a way of doing it.

RX 03
12-14-2003, 12:31 PM
So, how is everyones costume progress coming? ^_^

I'm looking into different ways to make his arm, and I'll start his pants soon.

chibistarpower
12-14-2003, 04:40 PM
hehe, I guess there will be 2 Edward Elriks at Katsucon! I'll see you there RX 03, whahahahahaahahaaaaa, on pants btw, i think leather pants would be nice^^

yukitoLeonheart
12-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know the guys name with the funky arm, I don't think they said it yet, but maybe they have in the manga? The one who is anti Alchemy.....

That reminds me, does anyone else find themselves drawing Transfiguration circles a lot now....... like I mean on paper and stuff. It's so cool and gothic. I am thinking of making a contact Lense out of one. Also about the one guys arm, it is HARD to do. I tried it one night, all those symbols are complex when you are right handed. and there are a lot of tiny ones. I got everything else down.

RX 03
12-14-2003, 05:46 PM
hehe, I guess there will be 2 Edward Elriks at Katsucon! I'll see you there RX 03, whahahahahaahahaaaaa, on pants btw, i think leather pants would be nice^^

Hehe, yeah, I got leather-like material for his pants. Might start tonight. XD

yukitoLeonheart
12-17-2003, 05:00 PM
AH did anyone see episode 11, I liked it! I knew they were going to get kicked out when they said there name. The best part is when he talked about his height and he is like ACK, that and how they played Inuyasha.... "OSUWARI"!

Rashvard
12-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Nice ep 11, but kinda cruel 'cause it has two parts (now I want to know how it ends.. but I won't 'cause I'm going on a trip and will just be back next year) *sob* .

k.urs
12-18-2003, 12:40 PM
I really want to see this anime, but I've only gotten up to chapter 6 in the manga..(u_u it's really good/disturbing! (@w@
I was thinking of doing a Lust and Envy cosplay with my sister but time is sparse, she's not very enthusiastic, and since it's still the begining I might end up hating them thoroughly(since they are sins..)...
looking forward to seeing ya Edward cosplayers at Katsu! X3

yukitoLeonheart
12-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Did you guys know that there is a game by Square Enix, yea, same people who did FFs coming out in two days about Full Metal Alchemist!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/fullmetalalchemist/preview_6076110.html

here is the site for the game

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/hagaren/index.html

asakai
12-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Yeah, i saw screencaps for the game a while ago ^0^ It looks awesome X3 *flounders around in pain due to the lack of a ps2* I'd love to cosplay Ed cuz he's the type of charc i normally relate to in terms of personality (like naruto too) but alas, the noisy funny types are always the chibis =_=;; Yeah, i too would feel tall if i do ed *is about 170cm in height* and i figured there'd be more Eds to go around than there are Als so i'm considering cosplaying Al instead and letting/making my kouhai (who's shorter *snicker*) do Ed (i'm sure she'd be more than willing tho) XD Though yes, the armor *would* be a great challenge/problem >_>;; If i cosplay FMA w/ my other bunch of friends i might do Roy instead XB

yukitoLeonheart
12-27-2003, 04:03 AM
Sigh..............the more I watch the anime.......the more I understand what's going to happen.........I have a very bad feeling that Al is going to die....... So far it would play into his character and the pain ridden life of Ed. He is very similar to Vash, which I thought was Ironic esp in the first episode. All he want's is to fix things and let everything be ok, but wherever he goes or what he does, there is suffering.

Ed is the more realistic, rational one while Al balances it out with his idealistic kind nature. I like them both........ but I am just a lot more like Al. A few days ago I made a ghettofied Arm and just painted the details on, but I didn't take any pictures because I did it for fun and I guess it isn't "real" cosplay. If someone want's, I will redo it, I still have the silver stuff and the black I used....... I also was making all these silly Transmutation circles. The one to transfigure a human being is COMPLEX. I still don't know even half the symbols on it. I would love to do Al, but........ I just don't think I can hack making a suit of armor. Also cosplaying him as a kid I feel is cheating and easy.

Sigh.............maybe by Otakon I will like that guy that has the arm that destroy's alchemy, even though I have a weird feeling he might be the one to destroy Al.
I am still scarred by ep 7, seeing that on the wall was f'ed up. They even changed the credits and showed Nina....... I think I cried, I am such a sissy.

edit: K. URS, you should definately cosplay Lust and Envy. By the way they are done they are not evil, they are just the bad guys. They do what they need to do in order to achieve their desire. Personally, I kind of like them...... They are named after the deadly sins which ties in to the question and theme of alchemy and it being right or wrong

also, I made a thread about this, and maybe a FMA fan here can help me out.........

" I was rewatching episode 1, to try to see if their circle is the one always shown in the credits.......I continued watching the episode and I think the animators made a huge mistake....

After trying to transmutate his Mom back, Ed loses his right arm and left leg. After they show his left leg severed......... he appears to be resting on his right arm with his left arm missing. After that they show the horrible vessel that he created.....but then it goes back to him and Ed's Right arm is gone and the arm that wasn't there, his left one, is there.

Look for yourself........... if you have the episode it's around 2:08 when it happens

http://www.geocities.com/tributetomylife/fma16.JPG

Also you have to enter this manually.....

asakai
12-28-2003, 10:40 PM
yukitoLeonheart -> I totally agree with your whole theory *0* Al seems to desire the simple pleasures he used to enjoy, like simply being able to touch his brother again, though that in itself is still very sad, cuz from the questions he asks ed it's like he's afraid he's beginning to forget how to feel T__T. Edward's more... hardedged, i'd say, more realistic, a tad more cynical and a lot more troubled. You can see that the image of his mom still haunts him very deeply in episode 7. (erm, warning to those who haven't gotten up to ep 7, my ranting might uncover quite a few spoilers >_o) The part where he was punching up Tucker, you can just see the fear and panic showing on his face as he started frantically screaming and punching T__T Gawd, that part twisted a knot in my gut ;__; In fact, if it's of any comfort to you *Lol* pretty much the whole 2nd half of the ep made me cry, including the ending credits which just made me cry *again* XD;; Crying doesn't make you a sissy, *pat* that just goes to show how deeply you feel for the characters and the whole story. ^__^ (i call my friends who didn't cry at all watching this ep "coldblooded" and "heartless" *lol*) Gosh, the ending credits were like a tribute to nina T__T i think the animators are so kind *lol* The final part where ed turned and smiled differently and then flashed a freeze-frame of nina and alexander made my floodgates open all over again XD;;

Oh yeah, about the mistake you pointed out. When i first watched the ep, i also thought there was a mistake cuz it seemed like it's his *left* arm that's gone. But i'm quite certain that it's actually just bent at the elbow to hold his severed leg, and from that angle it seems like his left arm's amputated. Also, in the 2nd screenshot you took, i think he's still propping himself up w/ his right arm so it should still be intact.

I don't think al's gonna die >_o (at least i pray he's not going to) I dunno... they wouldn't kill off the only other lead character right? >__<;; But yeah, it's a possibility, now that the new anti-alchemy-w/-alchemist-powers dude showed up >__<

Urgh sorry minna for the OT rambly-ness >__x;;

yukitoLeonheart
12-28-2003, 10:50 PM
I think you're right, but he apparantley goes "it took my arm" but is still leaning on his right arm and then in the next picture his left arm is there, which I agree is holding his leg.......

BTW, does anyone agree this is by far one of the best new animes if not the top 2 or 3 of 2003?

asakai
12-28-2003, 11:15 PM
yukitoLeonheart -> hmm o_O;; Y'know what? I think it's the fansubber's fault >_>;; They probaby made a glip in the translation and forgot to change it before the release or something (though i've always had a lot of faith in Anbu-Aone and i'd be surprised if they really did make a mistake o_O) That's why i was thrown off at first methinks... It's either the sub's wrong, or the scriptwriters wrote the script wrong, or the animators interpreted the script wrong *laugh* And YES, i totally agree that this is one of the best, awesomest, most compelling anime series in 2003. It's right up there on my list next to Naruto XD I love the controversial issues it discusses (i personally think it's very similar to frankenstein the novel *0*), it's very thought-provoking and i think the anime really leaves very deep emotional impressions on the watchers *nod*

doragon
12-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Wow, after watching 13 episodes of this anime and loving the manga.. and reading the thread, I now wanna cosplaying a FMA character.. but I'm not sure which ;___; And... I dunno when, my AX04 plate is way too full .. gah, its like wanting to cosplay BLEACH... I dunno when to do it, but I really wanna do it.

But, I was thinking, I'd either be Edward *haha, another one!* or maybe Hawkeye .. both are blonde and such.. I dunno. But, I wanna find a Roy one day and commence with the glomping.. like :

http://chirigami.net/fma04.jpg
I wanna glomp a Roy! ;__;

yukitoLeonheart
12-30-2003, 03:30 AM
After seeing much of the manga tonight......... I think I can say this is the first anime that outdoes it. The Nina episode and ep 13 were so much more emotional and well done with the anime. Also, I think the anime is directed almost perfectly and the plot is more refined, not to mention the placement of certain things.

RX 03
12-30-2003, 10:13 AM
One thing to say to episode 13...

MINISKIRTS!

Oshi
12-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Episode 13 makes me want to cosplay Roy so much more, and sooner *o* ...but not Katsucon-sooner... >.>;
I mean, not only is he fucking powerful, he's tricky, a pervert, and knows what dogs are good for! XD

doragon: o_o; no glomping while the gf is around, kthx.

MissRaptor
12-30-2003, 09:30 PM
So when does this game come out in the states??

RX 03
12-30-2003, 11:09 PM
So when does this game come out in the states??

When, and if FMA comes out in USA. SquareEnix might release it, maybe not.

EvilMoogleQueen
12-31-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm in love with FMA ^^
I haven't seen a show this good in a really long time.

I can't wait to see some Ed cosplays.
I <3 Ed.

yukitoLeonheart
12-31-2003, 03:15 AM
I should of posted these a while ago...........Here are two very interesting facts about Full Metal Alchemist

It will be 52 episodes long, so don't worry about it being half over...... it's not....

Both main characters, despite being males, are voiced by females

Also...... I have always wanted to have a discussion about it and these topics

Religion, alchemy, sin, sacreligiosness and how they are connected and play roles in Full Metal Alchemist

What part of the armor is Al exactly linked to? It's not the head. If he is linked to it, then theoretically you could crush and smash him but then reform the armor and it would be ok. That is why I had the theory that only the man with the cursed arm could destroy him and might because of his hate for alchemy.

Someday......... the father will return........ what effect will that have on the story....

Why can Ed transmutate without a circle?

When will they start to battle Envy and crew...... they already noticed them and are suspicious that they know "that girl".

RX 03
12-31-2003, 08:54 AM
Religion, alchemy, sin, sacreligiosness and how they are connected and play roles in Full Metal Alchemist

Yes, also why the supposidly evil characters, are all named after the 8 Sins (Sorry if thats the wrong name, ima' jewish) Lust, Gluttony, Envy...

What part of the armor is Al exactly linked to? It's not the head. If he is linked to it, then theoretically you could crush and smash him but then reform the armor and it would be ok. That is why I had the theory that only the man with the cursed arm could destroy him and might because of his hate for alchemy.

SPOILER Actually, in the manga, around vol. 3 I believe, Al's armor gets blasted through, and still lives. They actually dismantle him to ship him to Winly. Ed's arm is destroyed aswell.

Someday......... the father will return........ what effect will that have on the story....

Perhaps maybe the father has been reintroduced, but we don't recognize him. Scar?

I think it may have to deal with his arm, perhaps since it can do Alchemy on it own by reshaping (like the guy on the train), it effects other Alce hihemy. Along with the Ed practiced FOR YEARS, and attempted a very closed Human Alchemy, that most alchemists don't get that far.

And it's an anime, it's get boring to have him draw the Transumation circle everytime.

When will they start to battle Envy and crew...... they already noticed them and are suspicious that they know "that girl".

What episode is that from? I don't remember that. Perhaps Nina?

My own question; Do you think is an underlining message by making the first 10 episodes out of order?

yukitoLeonheart
12-31-2003, 10:38 AM
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!! I actually think that the way they did it was genius, the placement and time order was perfect. I think what they did was show you the current reality and give a basis of the anime, then go to the roots to define the anime so you undestand the characters as you watch the rest of the series and understand them more. It also gave it a dark feeling and makes you think a lot about the true meaning behind alchemy and it being infringing upon what is wrong or if it is right..... even corrupting.......

I liked the order, that was what made me decided that who ever put it together is a genius......... I think it is perfect. I read the manga for the Nina episode...... it wasn't half as emotional........ I really think everything going on with the series besides the story is amazing. I think we are in for one of the best rides in a long while

One other thing about the order, I think it's foreshadowing by showing the torment and suffering of Ed....... as in later on he will face it again and much worse....... that's why I think about the Al thing.

Yea, I talked about them being named after the seven deadly sins...... that's why I think it has a lot to do with religion and what alchemy is in relation, is it right, wrong, what is it.

It can't be the scar guy........ he would of known his son probably... that and he looks too young.....

Yea.... I have a weird feeling Al will be killed by the guy with the Scar and drive Ed insane later on.

In episode 1 they say "Ne, Onisan, we have see nthat woman before" with Envy.

BTW, thank you for bring up issues, this anime is very deep and amazing and it would be nice to have discussions about it more.

Tasha Mac
12-31-2003, 01:37 PM
I adore FMA. I haven't been so into a show since Saiyuki. x_x

Anyway, the topics of discussion and my opinions:

Both main characters, despite being males, are voiced by females

That's easy. Alphonse is supposed to have his 11 year old voice still, and younger boys are almost always voiced by girls. It's just easier than getting a male to raise his voice. As for Edward, I guess it's a play on how short and young-looking he is. That, and Paku Romi is a goddess.

I think the point is that while they are able to create, they are not gods. Edward makes a joke in the first episode about how alchemists are the closest to God, but he later says that they're not gods, just humans. He reiterates (or, would it be, says it the first time?) to Al after he's rescued from the serial murderer. The Friar calls losing their bodies "divine punishment", which they both act as if they agree to. They both also know that there's a very great possibility that they will be punished again if they're ever successful in finding the Philosopher's Stone and attempt to restore their bodies. I think the focus of the show is the frailty of humans and how powerless we really are.

Al's linked to the entire thing, I'm assuming. But even if Scar does destroy the armor, he can't destroy the mass. Whatever mass that first made up Al's armor would be something else, so the real question is, would Al still be connected to that mass? It makes me think that maybe Al can't die, which also makes me think if anyone is still alive at the end of the series, it will be Al.

I'm sure there'll be a monster of a fight between him and Ed. And perhaps, since the father was so deep into human alchemy, he might be able to help restore his sons.

At one point in the show, someone explains what he does. He cycles the power between his hands, making the circle there, without having to physically draw the circle. Why he can do that might just be a fluke, something born from frantic necessity that he just kept on doing. Might also have something to do with his automail.

I think that will happen very, very soon. Remember the woman with the Fuhrer? I think that was the Fuhrer...anyway. I'm guessing Envy and crew have been following Ed and Al for a while...or perhaps we'll see a flashback later of when they first met.

All I know is...I adore this series. Just when you think you've got it figured out, they come outta nowhere and smack you upside the head.

And Roy rules. End of story.

...oh...and I guess I should mention, since this is a cosplay board and all, I'll be cosplaying Edward at Ushicon. I'm gonna try to make Ed's jacket be very sturdy so I can wear it all the time. It's such a cool jacket. :3 As for his automail...there was a really good Edward cosplayer on cosplaylab.com that made the automail out of what looked like metal-covered foam. I still dunno how I'm gonna tackle that, myself. ^_^;;

Aer
12-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Now, as mentioned, we just need some cool female characters!

RX got me into it, now I'm hooked too >_<

I haven't seen anyone in the series (I'm up to ep.8) I would cosplay, cept for Ed, hes so cute lol ^_^

But maybe, if they bring in some cooler female characters XP

Catboi Blues
12-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Well, progress update.

Ed's shirt is almost done and the pants won't take me long. The jacket is going to take me a while because I'm embroidering the symbol on the back. The auto-mail parts are going to take some effort because I'm molding them, but I should be ready for Katsucon.

yukitoLeonheart
12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
If anyone can do this, I know you can. Catboi......... you are the ultimate at sewing and I know your costume will come out amazing. I want to take tons of pictures. If you want....... I will make a huge Transmutation Circle to do some photos with...... I am already working on Gatekeeper Gates......

So........ pretty much everyone is hooked.

See I thought the guy with the scar could destroy anything with alchemy. In the manga he blows Tucker and Nina up, just not as............... disturbingly as in the series. In the series, Tucker is executed and Nina is blown up. See what I thought was he had the power to destroy alchemy in any form. That's why I figured that since Al was in a way created with Alchemy, he could only be destroyed that way.

BTW, that woman has to be Envy in ep 13.........it was so alluded to. She might as well looked up and just shown her eyes. I think she is manipulating people now. For some reason............ It doesn't seem like she cared about the High priest or the red water. Both times, she just watched and used them. She said in the second part "this city is going to fall soon" or something. It's like she knew Ed would destroy it.

BTW, ep 13 made me love roy, too. By far, the most upbeat episode. I loved it, it felt like a manga..... if you knw what I mean, it's hard to explain. I loved how they gave Roy character and everyone had that comical aspect.

Here's a fun question........... if you were an Alchemist, what would you want your name to be.......

like Kaze no....... Raichenjitsu (how do you say alchemist)....... I would do it right, but I can't find the word in the dictionary........... and I don't know characters well enough at all.......

Tasha Mac
12-31-2003, 04:21 PM
See I thought the guy with the scar could destroy anything with alchemy. In the manga he blows Tucker and Nina up, just not as............... disturbingly as in the series. In the series, Tucker is executed and Nina is blown up. See what I thought was he had the power to destroy alchemy in any form. That's why I figured that since Al was in a way created with Alchemy, he could only be destroyed that way.

Well, whether or not the armor can be destroyed, it is impossible to destroy mass, no matter what power Scar might have. That's simple physics. :D

Hmm...my alchemy name...I think Roy took mine. I would be a flame alchemist. Hee hee, fire, burn. XDXDXD

btw, it's renkinjutsushi. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi. That word makes my tongue spasm. @_x

yukitoLeonheart
12-31-2003, 04:25 PM
THank you!!!!!! I was wondering about that.......

about the guy with the arm, what I guess no one understands is that I mean I thought it had the power to destroy anything associated with Alchemy, as in undo or destroy alchemy..... I am probably wrong on that one

RX 03
12-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Rekenjutsushi has got to be one of the longest japanese words.. x_X

I'd be the "Denki No Rekenjutsushi" ^_^

yukitoLeonheart
01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Yea, I just figured out that the first episode wasn't translated right. I am suprised......
I didn't even notice they called Gluttony Blatny and they meant to say they took my leg, not arm...... which is what confused me because I thought it was after he used his arm to bind Al's soul to the armor.

elfinder
01-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm probably gonna make an Ed costume now hehe, sadly without the automail parts >.< I just gotta tackle styling his wig..... lol luckily the rest of the costume will be quite easy.

TheFumoffu
01-05-2004, 01:13 AM
FMA is really good and I want to do an Ed cosplay, but alas I am only a beggining cosplayer, and I would need to get a wig and all...

RX 03
01-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Everybody, I got the FMA game. It rocks. XD I'll put more later, but school starts again today. *sigh*

yukitoLeonheart
01-05-2004, 07:57 AM
I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goes in the corner and cries in jealousy................

BTW, you should change your thing to "Bakaryo no Renkinjutsushi"........... I have the Naruto 2 game......... but I want this game so bad.......... it might give away future plot points or have cool things.............. ahhh....

Oh, I forgot, I may be the worst cosplayer ever, but I do know contacts. They have Ed's exact color available for $80 a pair and you can get them in prescription or plano, and no, this is not from where I design contacts, it's just a very nice website that has amazing prices.

Don't Read Below This unless you want Manga Spoilers

BTW, I got manga 5....... does anyone understand Japanese enough or have it.... I didn't get it. SO he lost his automail and then their is this other stronger guy who has much stronger automail.......? I don't quite get it......also, how did that "incident" happen to AL? Is 6 out.........?

Catboi Blues
01-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Yea, I just figured out that the first episode wasn't translated right. I am suprised......
I didn't even notice they called Gluttony Blatny and they meant to say they took my leg, not arm...... which is what confused me because I thought it was after he used his arm to bind Al's soul to the armor.

I was going to bring that up actually. That's was Anime-Keep's translation. What they did with that was that's how they translated his name as opposed to listening to them say his name(which is more than fairly obvious) or figure out that he's one of the 7 deadly sins like I tried to tell them. I tried to contact them about the name and I got a really rude responce from them yelling at me because...
The character name is not "officially" Gluttony or Blatny. It is merely a translation of the hiragana. Please check your argument before sending us such emails as it is extremely annoying to shift through a million unimportant emails.

I was just trying to lend them a hand. Its only a 1 word edit.

yukitoLeonheart
01-05-2004, 11:43 AM
OK I just checked, that is BS, the translation of his name is GU RA TO NI -

in other words Gluttony. It says on the front page of the manga when they show names......... and it was in katakana..........I am upset at them for blasting you, but they will just get more pissed........ I don't know Anbu or A Keep..... but I do know Toriyama world.........they weren't too thrilled with some things I said about Naruto...............

RX 03
01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Nah, I like the stupid Alchemist. You don't have to know japanese to understand it.

The FMA game.. The best game to compare it to is KH.

It's real time, and you can only play as Ed, you can't control Al, only to a certain extent. You're default weapon is your arm, but you can go around and find items, garbage cans, piles of ammo, carts of gold.

You can make lots of different stuff including, but not limited too, giant machine guns, giant arrows, the "Ed-o-sucker", giant bombs, etc. Also, with metal items you can create different items. The longer you hold down the "o" button, the better the item is, but if an enemy attacks you while doing it, you have to start again. You can also make staffs, swords. Some of the things you can get Ed can only use, some Al can only use, and some both can use.

You can't control Al, but you can tell him by clicking R1, if your near an enemy, to ram him, or to pick up an item. He will fight by himself tho. You can also create metal walls whenever you want, or spiky ones, if you hold the bar longer.

Thats about it. ^^;

doragon
01-05-2004, 05:46 PM
BTW, I got manga 5....... does anyone understand Japanese enough or have it.... I didn't get it. SO he lost his automail and then their is this other stronger guy who has much stronger automail.......? I don't quite get it......also, how did that "incident" happen to AL? Is 6 out.........?

Animaxis.com translation of the back : Edward had called Winry over to the central to get her to fix up his broken right arm and together they leave to visit the mecca of "Automail" called Rush Valley. Winry's in a holiday mood, but Edward loses his precious pocket watch and ends up having to chase the offender, but Edward is totally baffled by this thief's superior automail. Later, the Elric brothers goes over to visit their old teacher Izumi, but...!?

hope that helps somewhat... though not sure it will. I can read Japanese [note : read, not totally understand] and I don;t own the volumes ;__; Aaaaa! I wish I could find FMA whenever I go to Kinokuniya, its like impossible to find it; it was bad enough trying to find Chrno Crusade [when it was right infront of me for like 10 minutes] .. bah! need FMA fix...

I think, if I ever did cosplay FMA, I'd do Hawkeye.. after seeing her "discipline" the dog in episode 13, I realized why I liked her so much *must glomp Roy!* but Ed is still a possiblity... I'm short like him, LoL. .... must.. not think of adding another costume, must resist! must think of going to more cons to actually wear more costumes!

Winry
01-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I seen up to ep. 13 of the series. I'm planning to cosplay as Ed for Anime Boston and Otakon. I would like to get the manga, even though I don't know how to read Japanese. Though getting it to have it is good enough for me. n_n

Hope that's better, then the last one. n_n;;

yukitoLeonheart
01-06-2004, 09:28 AM
You def need to do Hawkeye, I loved her............ ep 13 was an eye opener for people's personalities............. I loved how she is like so content about how she handled it.

BTW Winry I love the name, but you have to get rid of your last post or this thread could get shut down............... I am not angry at all, just saying, if you mention those things about dling......it's legit to close the thread.

elfinder
01-06-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm defiently cosplaying ed now woo! I've seen his state alchemist watch for sale on yahoo japan...... I want one! Lolz.... I hope they start popping up other places so I can buy one for my costume.

Say...... when is episode 14 coming out and being subbed? I didn't see the ep on the official FMA site....... sniff

EvilMoogleQueen
01-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I finally got myself caught up so now I can participate in the discussion without worrying about having anything spoiled. ^^

yukitoLeonheart
01-07-2004, 08:01 AM
oooh look Japanese cosplayers rocking Hawkeye and Mustang

http://www.tok2.com/home/ghayate/2003_1213_193234AA.jpg

http://www.tok2.com/home/ghayate/2003_1213_193519AA.JPG

yukitoLeonheart
01-07-2004, 01:22 PM
CHECK IT OUT, they are finished! I hand did the design myself based on two pictures I have. I think it came out amazing................ excuse the wrinkle look because of the glove being kind of bent weird, but what do you guys think. BTW, if you want the design I created, which was the hard part, so you can make your own, just ask.

Tasha Mac
01-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Wow...you have a much more steady hand than I do, that's all I've gotta say. O_o

That and, you kick ass! I can just see someone giving that little Roysmirk, holding that hand up, just ready to fry someone. XD

yukitoLeonheart
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Yar, no hand made in just paint....... dear my if I could do that by hand! No, I have the pattern now so people can use it to make their Roy Mustangs. You use that and iron on paper, and since it's small you have to go slow......... very slow......... you also need gloves that are iron safe..... I have burnt stuff before.......... I am just happy they turned out well........... I rewatched episode 13 to get pictures..... some of my favorite lines are

when they announce him they go "give me back my girlfriend"

I also love when he is using flames they do the obligatory bishonen with bubbleliness picture and play the music with it!!!

Tasha Mac
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
In the manga, in that scene, Roy's got a little blurb next to him that says something like "acting like he has no idea what they're talking about!" That was perfect Roy. XD

Ah yes, Roy sparkles. We all love Roy and his sparkles. XD

yukitoLeonheart
01-07-2004, 04:02 PM
well, I posted a pick of my Roy Mustang in progress, it's only around 40% done....... I had one up but it looked weird so I just put up this one where I don't like the face I am making but I like the pose a lot

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=102636&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

EvilMoogleQueen
01-07-2004, 04:45 PM
well, I posted a pick of my Roy Mustang in progress, it's only around 40% done....... I had one up but it looked weird so I just put up this one where I don't like the face I am making but I like the pose a lot

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=102636&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

it looks great!

yukitoLeonheart
01-07-2004, 04:55 PM
thank you, I could use the motivation, it' been a long day (or it will be ) considering I woke up at 5 am, didn't get the morning jog, and I am going to be up until 4 am probably because I am going clubbing tonight. Every Renkinjutsushi needs some loving........ and miniskirts.......

here is the one picture where you can see the coloring and my ghetto stuff

Winry
01-07-2004, 05:17 PM
thank you, I could use the motivation, it' been a long day (or it will be ) considering I woke up at 5 am, didn't get the morning jog, and I am going to be up until 4 am probably because I am going clubbing tonight. Every Renkinjutsushi needs some loving........ and miniskirts.......

here is the one picture where you can see the coloring and my ghetto stuff

Looks good, can't wait for a full body pic of the costume. n__n

doragon
01-07-2004, 10:24 PM
oh wow! thats a nice job with the glove and you so have the Roy look!! Very nice job on your costume, I hope to see more progress ~

the "give me back my girlfriend" part? I have a screencap! muhaha
http://chirigami.net/fma06.jpg
aaa.. it was wonderful when he had shoujo bubbles around him *__* I love Roy!

yukitoLeonheart
01-08-2004, 09:26 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAA I am making that my caption for my last picture I will have up in a while............ here is the last pic probably before completion or Katsucon!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=102728&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

yukitoLeonheart
01-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Wow, FMA pics are popping up everywhere, even one of the most gorgeous Popstar Rikkus turns out to be an amazing ED

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=102906

RX 03
01-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone, my Ed costume should defenilty be done by the end of next weekend! Woo!
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/110104-CHAIN.gif
Today, I have a picture of my National Alchemist watch, it needs to be a bit thinner on top, I know, I'm going to see what I can do. ^_^

EvilMoogleQueen
01-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone, my Ed costume should defenilty be done by the end of next weekend! Woo!
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/110104-CHAIN.gif
Today, I have a picture of my National Alchemist watch, it needs to be a bit thinner on top, I know, I'm going to see what I can do. ^_^

the watch looks great. I can't wait to see your costume.

Winry
01-11-2004, 12:07 AM
How did you make the watch RX 03? I'm probably gonna to make one for my Ed costume, and any tip would really help and are apporicated. That's goes for everyone else as well. I like to have option so I can see which one works the best. n_n

:heart: Edward Elric :heart: (He's my new anime crush. :love: )

RX 03
01-11-2004, 12:24 AM
How did you make the watch RX 03? I'm probably gonna to make one for my Ed costume, and any tip would really help and are apporicated. That's goes for everyone else as well. I like to have option so I can see which one works the best. n_n

^_^ No problem.

It can't open... But, it's made out of a similar substance to sculptey. The handle has coathanger wire going through it.

The designs are in the clay, except the lion fell off during baking, so I added it back on with glue.

I painted it with acrylic silver paint, and all the details is fine-point Sharpie markers.

The downside = This weighs a few pounds...

Winry
01-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks RX 03, I'll keep that in mind for when I start on the construction of the costume. :)

lunasreincarnat
01-11-2004, 03:58 AM
its a neato series... iv seen all the epis there are to see at this moment. as for cosplay... there is no real character i would want to be lol... mustang is a hottie ^.^ lol.... id be psiren lol but i dont have that kind of body.

EvilMoogleQueen
01-11-2004, 09:50 AM
The downside = This weighs a few pounds...

Are you going to wear it? I don't know if a 5 pound watch will stay attatched...lol

RX 03
01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Are you going to wear it? I don't know if a 5 pound watch will stay attatched...lol

Maybe 5 is too much.. 3? It goes into my pocket, don't ferget'. XD

EvilMoogleQueen
01-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Maybe 5 is too much.. 3? It goes into my pocket, don't ferget'. XD

I get this funny image of you not being able to walk because there is this huge watch attatched to your leg....lolol

yukitoLeonheart
01-11-2004, 01:11 PM
congrats RX03, I bet your costume will be sooooooo amazing, are you going to Katsucon or Otakon

doragon
01-11-2004, 04:40 PM
oh wow, RX! thats an awesome job with your watch there. I can't wait to see pictures of your whole costumes *___*!!

squee! I love the new opening, its so pretty and very nicely put together. And, after seeing Winry in it... I got to thinking I might be able to pull her off... so I went looking and found pictures of her with a red bandana on her head... and thus I present to you, Instant!Winry cosplay :

with mini wrenches (http://chirigami.net/me07.jpg)
with pliers (http://chirigami.net/me06.jpg)
with my screwdriver of doom (http://chirigami.net/me08.jpg)

note : they're really blurry, sorry about that.
I wish I could have found a wrench, but its outside and I'm too lazy to go outside and find it... so I found three substitutes, haha.

EvilMoogleQueen
01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
squee! I love the new opening, its so pretty and very nicely put together. And, after seeing Winry in it... I got to thinking I might be able to pull her off... so I went looking and found pictures of her with a red bandana on her head... and thus I present to you, Instant!Winry cosplay :

with mini wrenches (http://chirigami.net/me07.jpg)
with pliers (http://chirigami.net/me06.jpg)
with my screwdriver of doom (http://chirigami.net/me08.jpg)

nice. Its amazing what a red bandana can do...lol

nice room, btw. I like the posters.

RX 03
01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
congrats RX03, I bet your costume will be sooooooo amazing, are you going to Katsucon or Otakon

Both.. :thumbsup:

Along with anime boston, anime expo, anime next, and baaf (if it happens)...

yukitoLeonheart
01-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Did anyone see in the ending his arm.......... I think that's his new one..........you can thank the Winry for doing that :). BTW, I like the strong armed alchemist. He uses like electricity. I have a feeling there will be so many other's. I completely grasp why they are using certain names, the seven deadly sins, the connection to alcehmy, scar, Why Ed us "the most important person to them" and why they need him and the philosiphers stone........ I also have some interesting theories............. heck I was right with the ROD one's, but there is too much to be spoiled here. BTW, I want to start a pole with the top ten anime's of 2003. Personally I would vote for this and ROD TV as the top 2........ last year had quite a few amazing series....... Laxt Exile, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Kaleidostar.......... just a lot....... btw, Naruto started in 2002 so it doesn't count. Does anyone else think I should start a poll for this?

Winry
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Sound like a good idea to do a poll. n_n Go for it.

EvilMoogleQueen
01-13-2004, 03:04 PM
BTW, I want to start a pole with the top ten anime's of 2003. Personally I would vote for this and ROD TV as the top 2........ last year had quite a few amazing series....... Laxt Exile, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Kaleidostar.......... just a lot....... btw, Naruto started in 2002 so it doesn't count. Does anyone else think I should start a poll for this?

sure go for it.

elfinder
01-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I got some fabric for my Edward costume, I got the red for his jacket. Then the black for his shirt ^__^ I plan to start working on his shirt and jacket very soon. For his pants, they seem to have a shine to them. So I was thinking of using a pleather maybe.... since I could use them for various other costumes. (well not a heathy pleather, more like a vinly hehe).

I've started to look at wig possibilities too, I guess I'll just have to get a shoulder lenght golden blonde with with no front bangs. Then I'll cut him side bangs in and braid the back..... *shudders*.

Dunno what to do about his watch, I've seen some awesome ones on yahoo japan... but yah I don't live in japan lolz. I might just have the change and no actual watch for Sakura Con lolz.

Episode 14 is finally out! *dances*

Winry
01-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I got some fabric for my Edward costume, I got the red for his jacket. Then the black for his shirt ^__^ I plan to start working on his shirt and jacket very soon. For his pants, they seem to have a shine to them. So I was thinking of using a pleather maybe.... since I could use them for various other costumes. (well not a heathy pleather, more like a vinly hehe).

I've started to look at wig possibilities too, I guess I'll just have to get a shoulder lenght golden blonde with with no front bangs. Then I'll cut him side bangs in and braid the back..... *shudders*.

Dunno what to do about his watch, I've seen some awesome ones on yahoo japan... but yah I don't live in japan lolz. I might just have the change and no actual watch for Sakura Con lolz.

Episode 14 is finally out! *dances*

Yea, I'm also thought about the shine on his pants. Unfontunely I don't want to wear vinyl pants because I think it may be a little too shiney. n_n;; So I may just go with regular black pants. Hopefully I'll get together with my friend so we can start on the process of making the costume(she one of my costume helpers beside my mom). n_n;;

EvilMoogleQueen
01-13-2004, 07:06 PM

get a cheap silver colored pocketwatch and make the design out of sculpty (or whatever the hell RX_03 used) and then see if you can glue it on to the watch. Its a whole lot easier than making the entire watch out of clay. Or just use the plain watch without the design. I'm sure there is a way to get the design onto the watch without having to make the actual watch.

Winry
01-13-2004, 07:18 PM
I can find sculpty at an art and craft store right? I'm assuming it's a type of clay cause I barely ever sculp stuff. So I don't know what the names are for this sort of stuff. ;_;

yukitoLeonheart
01-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Ummmmmm, you guys might want to know this....... Square official shirts and products are out..... I am getting mine soon......... look at this amazing necklace.........

RX 03
01-14-2004, 07:50 AM
I can find sculpty at an art and craft store right? I'm assuming it's a type of clay cause I barely ever sculp stuff. So I don't know what the names are for this sort of stuff. ;_;

Yeah, sculptey is fine. Just make sure you get the ones that bake in the oven! That's how it hardens.

You don't want the never gets hard kind!

Yukito: Do you have a link to the other stuff?

EvilMoogleQueen
01-14-2004, 04:40 PM
omg i want that necklace. Problem is my mom would never let me get it, considering its a cross and I'm jewish. damn...

Did I hear something about shirts? I collect anime tshirts... especially ones from shows I like. Must...get...merchandise...

yukitoLeonheart
01-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Yea, the shirt is VERY disturbing, I will post the link later. I has the FMA symbol and his Dead Resurrected Mom exploded on the Transmutation circle..... it's kind of dark.

Winry
01-14-2004, 07:49 PM
That necklace is awesome, but are they selling it in the US? Either way...I want it..

EvilMoogleQueen
01-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Yea, the shirt is VERY disturbing, I will post the link later. I has the FMA symbol and his Dead Resurrected Mom exploded on the Transmutation circle..... it's kind of dark.

i want to see! link link!

yukitoLeonheart
01-15-2004, 04:02 AM
It's odd, you can't read what it says........even if you zoom in. But it is indeed the Mother as it is entitled Mother and it is the body dismantled in the circle.

MEW
01-15-2004, 06:10 AM
I surprised that this thread become longer than last time I wrote.
I prepare for weekend anime-expo. It's pleasure that I meet some foreigners & Japanese cosplayer!(^^)

I has some cosplayer friends, one of them made me important goods for cosplaying Edward.
And so, I converts my costume & automail! ... I understood a little ... Winry's position...(^^;;

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Aquarius/4219/f-photo/watch-coat.jpg
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Aquarius/4219/f-photo/edward-01.jpg
... paint comes off few becouse I use this watch every day.(^^;

EvilMoogleQueen
01-15-2004, 09:56 AM
It's odd, you can't read what it says........even if you zoom in. But it is indeed the Mother as it is entitled Mother and it is the body dismantled in the circle.

I can hardly see whats on it...

Winry
01-16-2004, 04:20 AM
I surprised that this thread become longer than last time I wrote.
I prepare for weekend anime-expo. It's pleasure that I meet some foreigners & Japanese cosplayer!(^^)

I has some cosplayer friends, one of them made me important goods for cosplaying Edward.
And so, I converts my costume & automail! ... I understood a little ... Winry's position...(^^;;

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Aquarius/4219/f-photo/watch-coat.jpg
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Aquarius/4219/f-photo/edward-01.jpg
... paint comes off few becouse I use this watch every day.(^^;

That automail is cool. I wouldn't even know where to start if I decide to make one. n_n;; One question, why is the coat blue?

lostsol_manga
01-16-2004, 07:05 PM
I have been tormented since my decision to scrap my AL project for Otakon 2004 due to my desire for not dying in my purposed actual metal armor. I have since decided to create a costume out of other materials and leave the metal project for a room decoration instead. lol Oh well it will look the same and will be awesome so its all good. I hope to see more FMA cosplayer at Otakon.

[Edit] I should be receiving my supplies to finish the State Alchemist watches, they will be crafted out of silver and will be working timepieces. I hope to have then ready for sale before the Con season gets too far in

EvilMoogleQueen
01-16-2004, 11:02 PM
I have been tormented since my decision to scrap my AL project for Otakon 2004 due to my desire for not dying in my purposed actual metal armor. I have since decided to create a costume out of other materials and leave the metal project for a room decoration instead. lol Oh well it will look the same and will be awesome so its all good. I hope to see more FMA cosplayer at Otakon.

[Edit] I should be receiving my supplies to finish the State Alchemist watches, they will be crafted out of silver and will be working timepieces. I hope to have then ready for sale before the Con season gets too far in

wow... good luck with your projects and make sure to post pictures of the end results.

yukitoLeonheart
01-16-2004, 11:21 PM
I had an idea..........I am thinking of creating an original concept contact Lense for FMA....... one that is one of the Alchemists (either Al, Roy, or Ed before he realized his power) Transmutation circles. Does anyone think this is a decent idea. I thought about it after I saw the pentegram contacts and how detailed they get them.

Also, if you want Ed contacts, they exist. They are $80 for a legitimate pair and come in any prescription. It's not even the site I design for, they would overcharge for Ed's eyes. If you want, I can also post that.

EvilMoogleQueen
01-17-2004, 08:28 AM
I had an idea..........I am thinking of creating an original concept contact Lense for FMA....... one that is one of the Alchemists (either Al, Roy, or Ed before he realized his power) Transmutation circles. Does anyone think this is a decent idea. I thought about it after I saw the pentegram contacts and how detailed they get them.
That could be pretty interesting. It might look pretty weird on someones eyes though o_O

Also, if you want Ed contacts, they exist. They are $80 for a legitimate pair and come in any prescription. It's not even the site I design for, they would overcharge for Ed's eyes. If you want, I can also post that.

Ed's eyes are basiaclly just yellow. I know contact lenses come in hazel. Its not quite yellow but its close enough. And all the yellow contacts I've seen are a really scary bright yellow, not yellowish-gold.

RX 03
01-17-2004, 03:03 PM
In progress pics in my gallery!

^_^; It sucks

doragon
01-18-2004, 03:30 PM

That would be really interesting actually... though, I still don't usualy final a need for contact lenses [though.. having Roy's flame emblem thing would be cool... *drool* Roy]

holy crap! episode 15 *swoons and squees* Probably one of the most gripping episodes [besides the Nina arc] The flashback scenes and all the interactions, it was so well done and really hard hitting. Especially Roy's flashback [which was told by Marco, actually] and then the whole Edward/Scar confrontation [aaaw! ED! *huggles* ;__; you too Al!] And YES! Hakweye, I love her! Only she could trip Roy and call him usless, and get away with it [not to mention make him spazz out] !! squee!

yukitoLeonheart
01-20-2004, 06:03 AM
I think me and you should team up at a con as Roy and Hawkeye...........who knows, in a few months there will probably be so many FMA cosplayers..........People are already catching on and I think it is starting to get American publicity, I saw it in Japan's New Type, I don't if it is on America's yet.

BTW, I am getting Manga 6 next Monday. It looks reallllllly creepy. Apparantley they are going to finally explain about their past........even more then we know now. I will scan some stuff if it looks cool. In the meanwhile..........I have until Katsu to complete Roy's accessories........

doragon
01-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I think me and you should team up at a con as Roy and Hawkeye...........who knows, in a few months there will probably be so many FMA cosplayers..........People are already catching on and I think it is starting to get American publicity, I saw it in Japan's New Type, I don't if it is on America's yet.

BTW, I am getting Manga 6 next Monday. It looks reallllllly creepy. Apparantley they are going to finally explain about their past........even more then we know now. I will scan some stuff if it looks cool. In the meanwhile..........I have until Katsu to complete Roy's accessories........
haha, dude, that would be awesome! But, you seem to live the opposite coast as me.. so it might be difficult [wait.. Katsu is.. where? x.X] I'd love to do Hawkeye this year but I have no time to maker her costume. Though, I'm tempted to make Winry because her costume is really easy and I already have half of it without even trying [I might take it with me to AX, RX are you going as Ed? I'll stalk you and chase you down with a wrench!]

They've actually had HagaRen in a lot of issues of Newtype.. I wanna see if I can find the December issue; it had a really cute HageRen christmas picture [they're all in kimono and.. Armstrong is in the back being the dork he is.. and Roy is threatening to burn down Ed's toy, while Hawkeye tries to hold him back. Winry is oblivious and marvels at Ed.. and then Al has his head off but the cat is in it's place.. its sou cute!] It has actually appeared once in the Amefican edition.. it's a simple picture [the two brothers walking down the tracks] with a small blurb about it. And ooo! volume 6! I still have yet to purchase the manga [it's as hard for me to find as Chrno Crusade] but.. scans! yes please xD

And good luck with making Roy! From the pictures you have displayed.. you got the look and I think you'll pull him off really well!

yukitoLeonheart
01-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Is it ok to talk about 15 yet....................I think by ep 20 they will run out of manga to use for the anime. I love Hawkeye in the ep, she is just like don't be dumb, swipes Roy's feet out. That massacre in the city was crazy................who is that one nutjob...... the one with the moon on his palm. He seems scary. So Scars arm is somehow related to the philosophers stone. Hmmmmmm......... now i can finally say why it is obvious why I don't want to do Ed yet. If you have seen 15, you know he is getting a new, black metal based arm soon enough. I also didn't know that about Winry's parents..........that is.......sad. I love the strong armed alchemist and his sparkles......... he cracked me up.

Also, I got the manga for less then $4, go me! I just ordered it from Animaxis the second I saw it along with a few items I wanted for a while. They still don't have a bunch of stuff I want, but whatever. BTW, I am also getting the artbook/strategy guide for the game........ maybe it will give some hints about the future of the series.

About pictures, if you go to the Aniplex site, I think they have some stuff.

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/hagaren/gallery/index.html

that's the link with the New Type where it is on the front and the other magazines with it in it

chibistarpower
01-21-2004, 02:06 AM
man, full metal is getting more popular now! I though i was gonna be the first Ed, LOL some ones beat me to it, so how many eds are gonna be a katsucon besides me and Arex? leonhart you'll be there in your mustang right? we should have a group photo!! wheee, I'm gonna make myself the watch since i'm not sure if i can do the armor in time, i think maybe i'll save the armor for otakon and wear the cotume agin, ^^ yay for FMA

yukitoLeonheart
01-21-2004, 03:03 AM
Apparantley, someone just went to a con and saw 5 ED's..........Yea I would love to do a photoshoot!!!!!!!

BTW, I knew the new OP sounded familiar yay for L'arc en Ciel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eleryth
01-21-2004, 03:25 AM
MEW,

I saw you! :) I think I made my boyfriend take a picture of you. I was at AX:Tokyo, dressed as Adora and as Mitsuko from Battle Royale (sunday).

I live in Aomoriken right now, but would love to meet other cosplayers in Japan. I also really like Hagaren.

You look like the girl that I insisted my bf take a picture of the arm... but there were many Eds, I can't be positive!

I would love to talk with you more, if you like.

Yukito,

That's a great price on the manga! Even better than what it costs, I bet, in yen, given the exchange rate.

EDIT: Anyone tell me what's up with Lust? I haven't seen up to 15, so if there's more, please share. I am basically built like her, and the costume doesn't look too difficult, from what I can see...and if there are FMA peeps running around at cons, I wanna be in photos with them! (Hawkeye is too done; besides, I don't like the uniform that much, and there are no other females that I can think of (well, other than Roze) - ooo , Psiren! But I don't have the right stitch to sew spandex on my machine....and I am not blonde. And don't want to buy a wig or cut my hair.)

*and now, back to our regualrly scheduled show* :bigtu:

yukitoLeonheart
01-21-2004, 06:42 AM
OK Lust is a shape shifter, basically she has no real form, so she likes to "look young" in the form you normally see. The concept of her is simple, she is able to take the shape of a character, ie, someone you might "Lust" after. That is her existence. She is kind of blunt and forward. She has a weird symbol on her headband..............

See, the problem with them is we don't know their purposes, why they are here, or what they even are. They say Ed is the person that is closest in helping them chieve their goal....the philosopher's stone? Human Transmutation? His power?

A few things I noticed.............that symbol with the snake on the cross..........the 7 Deadly sin's have it on them...... in EP 14 you can see the symbol on one of them...............this series is just getting more and more amazing...........I still wonder so much.

BTW, here is a crude sketch of the contacts I was thinking of designing, I didn't have a chance to edit out the grey, but you get the idea. The symbol has to be lower from the top so the eye can fit right there.

yukitoLeonheart
01-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Oh, here are some ref pictures, it may contain spoilers if you haven't seen 15, so don't look unless you haven't seen up to it.........

It also contains the opening where it shows L'arc en Ceil and Hyde and their song Ready, Steady, Go

doragon
01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
wow, the contact design looks actually pretty neat.

and, with Lust... she's not a shapeshifter *I don't think* thats Envy. Lust, I have no idea whats up with Lust.. she can make her fingers grow and stab people [thats all I gathered from the manga thus far] .. and Edward is closest actually to finding out what they are doing [with the Philosopher's Stone and yadda] and also probably the one who could actually make the stone work [as most of theirs break and fail to work after some time].. that what will probably be revealed in episode 16 [as that is what happened in chapter.. 8? I think] ... Lust goes after Marco for telling Edward about the location of "the truth behind the truth" and that deals with the three "evil" people we know of and their plans. I also think Edward has been deemed a sacrifice for their cause, what that entails.. I don't know.

That is an interesting comment on the snake though, maybe they got that from their sensei ^_^;

aaaw! so many people going to Katsu! I'd love to go as Winry or something over there.. but.. that would require me to get there and I can't ;___;

.. is anyone planning on doing to Anime Expo [the CA one] and cosplaying HagaRen?

RX 03
01-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Woops. Haven't posted in a while

Doragon, you'll have an Ed to beat down on with a wrench at AX..`o_o; XD

And, yes, it's seems as though all Envy can do is extend her nails o_O; It's like that episode of Family Guy where they get superpowers, and Meg gets the crappy one, and can only grow her nails back and forth. XDXD

Lust has lost his true form, thus gender confusion.

yukitoLeonheart
01-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Yea, Lust is the one who can change.... (trust me it is hard to keep up). Envy is the pseudo leader, she is going after Dr. Marco. Everyone seems to die. DO you think that jack in the box iron blooded Alchemist is alive. They said they doubted it after getting turned into "Hamburger". BTW...........where are the other 4.......... most importantly WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know he will be a nut job. Sloth, Pride, the other one, whatever.......... I want to see what Wrath can do.............

BTW, how deserving is FMA of L'arc En Ciel's new single........... I love it.

Eleryth
01-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Is Lust the one in the dress, with long wavy black hair? Because I could swear that's what they called her in the first few eps when she showed up. I notice another girl in like... a sports bra with a headband and spiky hair, not so feminine looking. Is that one Envy?

doragon
01-22-2004, 12:05 AM
I think you guys got them switched around... *rewatches episode 14* yes.. you guys did.... Envy is the one that posed as the Priest-guy for the city [that old dood] and has the straight hair and.. sports bra and such. Lust is the female with the symbol on her chest that is the semi-leader [and is going after Marco]

It makes more sense. When you think of Lust, you think of a beautiful woman. She is very beautiful and thus you would 'lust after her' .. and she has sharp nails. Envy makes sense, he's able to shape shift and be any age he wishes, thus you could envy him.

And you know, I was kind of reminded of Envy when seeing that crazy dood in episode 15 [and their symbols.. their symbols looks kind of similar as did their initial appearance and such] Also noticed all the Deadly Sins have wings on their 'tattoos' .. Edward's symbol on his jacket [and the mark on Al's armor] also have wings.. hrm.

Iron Blooded? Basque Grand? He's dead.. he was dead in the manga when these events happened. Havoc tells Roy that he's dead and was killed, seeming it was from the inside [like what happened in the anime]

RX : YaY! I'll bring Winry and such then! and hopefully will actually find a day to wear it xD

Eleryth
01-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Alright. Then I can start finding images of Lust. Haven't seen the new eps yet (still around 11 or so), but I am hoping to get some screencaps from there. I hope. Are the costumes different in the manga and the anime?

doragon
01-22-2004, 01:54 AM
I haven't seen any differences with costumes, so.. I guess thats a no.

.. would you like me to take some screencaps for you? [of Lust, right?]

Eleryth
01-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Doragon, that would be awesome! I would really appreciate it! Honest opinion though, is she cool enough to cosplay? or is it a bit lame? I can't really associate with any of the characters yet.... maybe because of my age (not that old but older than Edward) or my dislike of the army uniforms. Part of me is tempted to be Hawkeye anyway, but make it a miniskirt. Just for fun pictures with Roys.

Athena
01-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Playing around with my Noir wig....

http://xellia.homestead.com/files/HAWKEYE.jpg

I'm thinking about it...

This picture was taken in a mirror. That is why the bangs are on the other side ^^;

yukitoLeonheart
01-22-2004, 03:20 AM
YOu were right, Lust is the woman with the symbol on her chest. I wonder who that woman is who looks like Ed's and Al's Mom.........it can't be either Envy or Lust because she was around in ep 13 and the gang was still in the city in 14.

Yea, I said that earlier about their symbols........ her chest, Gluttony's tongue. Something odd is going on. I don't think the 7 deadly sin's are actually...... well real. They seem to have been around for a while.........I get that feeling.

RX 03
01-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Yeah, the Sins have Stars of David (aka Jewish Stars) and Ed and Al have a cross..

I hope that's just a <i>really really</i> wierd coincendence..

>_<;;; JEWS AREN'T EEEVVVVILLL~!

Tasha Mac
01-22-2004, 11:04 AM

Have you had any progress on this? I've tried finding stuff to make a watch, and the only stuff I was able to find will result in a really dumb looking watch. :T

Also, any FMA cosplayers at Ushicon? Anyone? Anyone? ^_^;;;

lostsol_manga
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Have you had any progress on this? I've tried finding stuff to make a watch, and the only stuff I was able to find will result in a really dumb looking watch. :T

Also, any FMA cosplayers at Ushicon? Anyone? Anyone? ^_^;;;

I have all the stuff to make the watch now I have started creating a mold for the face cover so I can begin the casting phase. I have my father working on a mold as well and when both are created I will choose the best of the two. I have more time to work on this now because I have changed my idea for my Al costume for otakon from actual being a suit of armor to other materials( due to it being too cold for me to be outside forging right now lol) I will work on the watch as fast as possible so others can get their hands on it. I just like the idea of it being able to be used for everyday wear. If anyone needs any other cosplay jewelry please email me at dwells223@comcast.net with a pic and I will see if I can recreate it and for a good price.

lostsol_manga
01-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know of a good type of material for Edwards coat? I have to make one for my brother's costume. Any help is appreciated

elfinder
01-22-2004, 02:14 PM
I have all the stuff to make the watch now I have started creating a mold for the face cover so I can begin the casting phase. I have my father working on a mold as well and when both are created I will choose the best of the two. I have more time to work on this now because I have changed my idea for my Al costume for otakon from actual being a suit of armor to other materials( due to it being too cold for me to be outside forging right now lol) I will work on the watch as fast as possible so others can get their hands on it. I just like the idea of it being able to be used for everyday wear. If anyone needs any other cosplay jewelry please email me at dwells223@comcast.net with a pic and I will see if I can recreate it and for a good price.

Oooh I definetly want to get one off you for my Edward costume ^__^ Which is in late april, if they're ready by then.

Oh I found an image that might be useful for Edward cosplayers, it's an image of the mark on the back of the jacket. You can make it whatever size you need and print it out, I plan to do that too myself.
http://members.shaw.ca/elfinder/fmasign.jpg

For the wig.... what type are people using? I am trying to get a wig without bangs. That has layers in the front area similar to Edward's side bangs and then braid the rest.

doragon
01-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Doragon, that would be awesome! I would really appreciate it! Honest opinion though, is she cool enough to cosplay? or is it a bit lame? I can't really associate with any of the characters yet.... maybe because of my age (not that old but older than Edward) or my dislike of the army uniforms. Part of me is tempted to be Hawkeye anyway, but make it a miniskirt. Just for fun pictures with Roys.

Oh, no problem. I'll try and get them done tonight or something [.. you know, have to do my homework and all] and get them to you soon. I think she's cool enough to cosplay, she is really cool. She's probably my favorite out of the three and has a really interesting design to her [besides Gluttony but he annoys me somewhat]. Do it! It'd be awesome! and LoL to the miniskirt idea! ... hm *looks around thinking of that idea.. kinda liking it*

EvilMoogleQueen
01-22-2004, 08:57 PM
I havent posted in a while.... I've been busy.

Damn, ep 15 was great. I was tearing up the entire time. *sniff* This episode had some really great quotes. I should watch it again and write them down. This show just keeps getting better and better.

I think its hysterical how all the bad guys have the jewish star on them. Those crazy christians :P

RX 03
01-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I havent posted in a while.... I've been busy.

Damn, ep 15 was great. I was tearing up the entire time. *sniff* This episode had some really great quotes. I should watch it again and write them down. This show just keeps getting better and better.

I think its hysterical how all the bad guys have the jewish star on them. Those crazy christians :P

Hehe. EMQ: Those meshuganah goiyum! Vhashed naxta?

yukitoLeonheart
01-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Heh, we all know it's not what you are, what you believe in, or anything of that nature that matters...... it's all about your content of character and the kindness of your heart pretty much.......and maybe your dreams. Taking strength from yourself or what you decide to be who you are........that is indeed important........Enough of this goofy thinking that people are Jew bashing, Christian bashing...........who cares. We are like a family on this site..........we don't judge on that....... so back to the anime

OK..............I have some working theories on things. First off........the symbols of the seven deadly sins. They are only found on two places.........the characters and on Ed's Father's Armor (Al) and Ed's Jacket. I think in someway Mr. Elric is connected to the sins.........why would he be the only person who has the marks that the seven deadly sins have....... something is fishy.

One theory I have is that they aren't really after Ed.....they are after his Dad and know they can find him through Ed. It's 100x more likely they want Ed for his involvement with the Philosopher's stone. so either way

Another thing.........every deadly sin has a different symbol signifying their nature. If you look at Gluttony's it's a dragon eating itself..............

Ed's symbol is the snake over the cross.........there are 4 sins left so it has to symbolize one of them theoretically. I would say wrath......... but I know that is just my obsession with the movie Seven.

RX 03
01-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Yukito, my last comment to EMQ was an inside joke, we were talking about it the other day.. There is not Christian/Jew bashing whatso ever.

I still think Scar could be (or become) a Sin. First of all, we don't know how they become Sins. 2, Scar is just a nickname the National Alchemists came up with.

Wrath, maybe? It ties into with revenge...

EvilMoogleQueen
01-23-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't think Scar is related to the sins... the sins will most likely be longrunning characters and Scar will probably just have his own arc.

Another thing: So you think the sins are humans? They seem to have supernatural powers (ie shapeshifting). But if they aren't human, what are they? (other than the personification of the seaven deadly sins).

oh, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my christian comment. It was just a joke...

yukitoLeonheart
01-23-2004, 05:14 PM
no no no no one was offended.........I was just saying.....for future reference if this get's into heavy religious dicussion, no one to take offense..........esp what I just found out. Scar is not one of the Seven deadly sins.

I got the 6th manga......... and it shows A LOT of things..........like the rest of the 4 sins........I can't read who is who............but indeed, they are now around. Does anyone here know how to translate stuff............If so....... it would be a large help.

mitylene
01-23-2004, 05:31 PM
I really have not been following this thread closely, but I really want to make a full metal alchemist costume soon. I found a japanese cosplay website with tons of full metal alchemist cosplayers :)

http://fate.chu.jp/menu-m-photo.html

doragon
01-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Yukito : could you scan it? I can read Japanese and could give it a shot ^_^ And those are some interesting theories. I think the one about Ed and Al's dad and the significance with the fact he had the symbols and such, it is interesting. Though, Didn't Al get the symbol later on? Was it on his arm when he was transmuted to it? *will have to check* ... but .. ee, I think they're after Ed.. since they keep saying they want the "hagane no chibi" and said [somewhere] he'd be a suitable sacrifice and such. But, I would like to know what happened to their dad [it's like the Naruto's parent's origin mystery all over again x.x]

Eleryth : I'm sorry! I didn't get to the pictures yet ;__; I'll do them soon~

Winry
01-23-2004, 05:45 PM
I really have not been following this thread closely, but I really want to make a full metal alchemist costume soon. I found a japanese cosplay website with tons of full metal alchemist cosplayers :)

http://fate.chu.jp/menu-m-photo.html

Thanks for the link, I love it! XD

yukitoLeonheart
01-23-2004, 06:08 PM
alright.........they shall be scanned soon

yukitoLeonheart
01-23-2004, 06:25 PM
by far

http://fate.chu.jp/photo031124-1.html

Best Automail ever!

BTW, the sign say's DEVIL'S NEST

RX 03
01-23-2004, 06:50 PM
http://fate.chu.jp/photo/hagane/031103p18.jpg

To quote Peter Griffon: "YOU ARE A GOD! "

And, Yukito the guy in # 3 and #4 is not Sin. His name comes out to "Biggugesto" or "Big Guest" fyi.

EvilMoogleQueen
01-23-2004, 09:19 PM
wow those are some amazing cosplays.

doragon
01-24-2004, 12:40 AM
by far

Best Automail ever!

okay.. lets see here. I can read it.. but it doesn' mean I know what it says. Translations are of my best guess using my little knowledge and some Japanese dictionaries.

page one
-top panel : sainara~ [is that supposed to be sayonara? o_O;] [sfx : hi~i]

-Ed : ... nani are [sfx : bo~zen]
[translation : what was that? (sfx: dumbfounded)]

page three
-um, the hand : dekashita bidoo omae wa erai!!
[translation : Bidoo, you achieved something great!!]

-bidoo (?) : uee he he he [unless he really is saying uetsuhetsuhetsu]
[translation : ue hehehe]

-that guy : wazawaza dapurisuki made kitekure roto hana sagasu teki ga wa buke tazee
[translation : specially (dapurisuki) until coming to the end of the road (?????)(something... and the kanji for hand and the kanji for interval.. and I give up on this one, I have no idea what it says x.x)]

-buff guy : ika ga itashimashou
[translation : under/less/doctor is going our way (?)]

-that guy [the hand] : [I can't read the furigana nor the kanji x.x]-da(tsu) tsute kite morae
[translation : (not even trying... damn this is hard! x.x)]

page four
-that guy : teikou suru nara funjitte demo tsurete koro tadashi! BIGGU GESUTO da machigatte mo kou sunja ne-zo
[translation : (something about a resistance and doing something) however! The big guest (will come to town or make a mistake as well? mraa?) well, his name isn't actually big guest... he's referring to a person coming I think.. which is probably Edward..]

page five
-first one to the right : [kanji for ima and some other kanji] wa [some kanji.. I can't really read kanji] ni ikute nakatta yo. [sfx #1 : za~n and sfx #2 : ???] [oh my god! the crab is cute!! xD]

-left panel : omae mo ka? [you too?]
[2 ?? 6(?) hana yo] <-- something about speaking?
Al : kyaaa!!
scar : nya~n [xDxDxD]

page six
-the guy : [I can't read the first two furigana.. but it looks like ta -something-]shiinomi de shi ne koto no nai karadatte no wa donna kibun da?
[translation : *I wish I knew the first kanji.. this could make more sense though, with a big guess from all the other words* what was it like to die, what is the feeling of not having a body? ('cause.. he talks about death.. and a body.. and feelings and.. yeah)]

-BIG TEXT : renanaku nin kentachi [mraa? I don't think I'm reading that right]

-from what I can read on the bottom : koko kara kekami (no?) ryouiki-

and hopefully you can read this @_@

... and I like the bottom person's automail.. they seemed to put more detail into it, though we can only see the hand ._.
OMG! on page three, Roy is going after Black Hayate! squeee!

chibistarpower
01-24-2004, 01:25 AM
ohh neato wig, hey I'm gonna be in the kareoke show at Katsucon singin Kesenai Tsumi in my ed costume , alrex, leonhart, who else is gonna be there, you should come watch and then we can do a photoshoot ^^ yay! I'm gonna try to dye my hair a nice yellow blond color for my costume too, I'll have to post a pick after i dye and style it ^^ hehe

Winry
01-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Edward jacket is almost done. I just need to white trim and the the metal pin thing the keeps the top of the jacket close. No pic yet, but I take a picture soon. :bigtu:

yukitoLeonheart
01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Some news, btw........the manga vs the anime, ep 15, is VERY different............

In manga chapter 7, There is no DR. Marco. In reality, Ed get's his arm destoryed by Scar and it seems like nobody will save them, but is then saved by Roy, Hawkeye, and Armstong..........This is the first time Armstrong is introduced, not in the sewer. They have the same fight seen except it's above ground. You actually find out he is an ishvitarite when Hawkeye shoots him right before the end of the chapter and his glasses fall off, not Armstrong hitting them off. They then end the chapter by telling the Ishitar story, except it doesn't include anything about the stone.

In Manga 6 (not chapter 6) there is a lot going on. First off, before Ed and Al tried to transmutate their Mom they met a guy who, by going through survival training taught them how life is a cycle and all things are given up and exist in proportion. They originally couldn't kill a rabbit to eat, but learn later on that is the way of life. They then train with a woman who has the tattoo of the cross and the snake, named Isumi.........then after this, they try to transmutate the mother..........but what really happened.......is something different........I think I need to scan it. The second after it You see two spirits..... one looks like Al, one the Mom, and he is at a door that is marked by the tree of life. I think it is trying to explain a lot of things. I don't understand Japanese so I have no clue. I do know that when he comes through, it looks like he made a choice and saved Al, and it was the first time he created a reation with his hands........and it cost him his right arm.

Doing research on this......I found out that one of the archangels is named Auriel, and he is indeed the archangel of alchemy..... one actually exists. I think there is some significane that will come through this........I don't know what though.... here's a link.

http://www.auriel.org/treatis5.htm

Also, I think what Doragon said is right........ he has to be related somehow to them, he bears the mark of the sins. Also, there are 4. I think if I had to peg who is who.....the main guy is greed, the guy and girl together and wrath and pride, and the one guy seems like sloth. Maybe I am completely wrong, but in the next manga, the one guy turns his arm into a hammer and blows the one guys head in 2........that's what makes me think wrath.

doragon
01-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Well yeah, I think many figured that from reading the manga and such. By now I presume people are prepared for changes, as there are many evident events that happen "out of place" and with mixed up things. I'm not complaining though, the anime has been able to pull of their changes very well [as opposed to some other anime *coughchrnocrusadecough*]

Aaa! so it WAS Izumi-sensei that they got the symbol from. I might have figured it was her and all [they actually did explain some hints to her in episode 3.. when they said they found a teacher and became assisants and such] .. thanks for clearing that up. And aaw! He chose Al? I hope they go further into this with the anime than what they gave us with episode 3.. I think it would bring in a lot more... but you do also have to realize that episode 3 was basically from Al's point of view; thus why we didn't get that scene in there as well. But, hopefully they'll bring it back up because I'd love to see it.

yay! my crappy translations helped! And Yukito, I think you're right on who that guy is.. he seems to fit the bill with "Greed" I'm not sure about the others.. I wish I had the volumes! *twitches*

*goes off to make some fun screencaps of episode 16.. especially of Al with the sheep.. oh, and Lust.. its a funfilled Lust episode!*

yukitoLeonheart
01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
I know, 16 is Lustified............but.........is it too early too discuss it? Personally.......I enjoy the anime so much more.............but the thing is, I have seen things in the manga I enjoy a lot, too. I would pick the anime over it. Also in the screenshot you have she trips him like right as Scarz hand goes over his head.

There are a bunch of things. You know that metal seal in the new opening.......right when it starts........that is the symbol Ed uses.......he has blood on his hands and makes the symbol and I think says here goes. That is how he lost his arm. He made the transmutation circle with his own blood......I don't know what he learned when he was talking to that door that was the tree of life.

Yea Izumi sensei is like you IDIOT, and then hugz Al.

EDIT......... UGH ........so none of that happened in the past, I am so lame...........the train ride, arriving at the city,Nina, the first time they met scar, the battle ewe just saw...... that all happened in the present not years ago, then was a background for why they suffer so much. The differences are so annoyingly subtle that it bugs me. Also, I am missing manga 3 and 4.............so I don't even know what I am missing. You guys were right though........they need Ed as a...... "sacrifice". I guess that is why he is the guest. I still like the way the anime was set up, showing all those things as their past..........but it upsets me that they are creating characters, probably to either give it some filler, or fabricate something new in the story. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

RX 03
01-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Your missing something quite big in volume 4.

MAJOR SPOILAGE! HIGHLITE AND IT'S VERY TINY!

Hughes is killed. Envy shoots him disquised, first, as a NA, then as his wife. Thus, he can't fight back. It's so freakin sad!

EvilMoogleQueen
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Maybe once the anime is finished, or somewhere around the halfway point, I'll start reading scanlations of the manga. I just dont want to ruin the show for myself by reading the manga. its spoils a lot...

yukitoLeonheart
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
I know why they have the Jewish stars on them now btw..........It's actually quite simple, I also figured out so much of what is going to happen, not from the anime but by researching some stuff. Let me leave it at the Kaballah is a form of Mythological based Judaism that is connected in many ways to Alchemy and there is a lot of connections to Christianity, too (like the tree of life.........anime loves to use the tree). I was up all night just researching this........it's kind of fascinating.

Catboi Blues
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
You'll have to show me some of your research sometime.

by far

Best Automail ever!

I hope that you like mine when I'm done with it too.

I'll be attending Katsucon, I just confirmed it. As a note, I might be selling the State Alchemist watches. but this is still tenative.

Jekka
01-26-2004, 08:56 PM
You'll have to show me some of your research sometime.

I hope that you like mine when I'm done with it too.

I'll be attending Katsucon, I just confirmed it. As a note, I might be selling the State Alchemist watches. but this is still tenative.

Oh, if you do, sweet lordy above will I be wanting one...

^^ I'll be at Katsu! Yay! No FMA cosplay this time around, though - still busy with Tsukasa. But we should run into each other!

doragon
01-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Your missing something quite big in volume 4.

MAJOR SPOILAGE! HIGHLITE AND IT'S VERY TINY!

Hughes is killed. Envy shoots him disquised, first, as a NA, then as his wife. Thus, he can't fight back. It's so freakin sad!
nooooooooo! *clings to Hughes!!!*

interesting how we're discussing the series more than cosplay. oh well e.e;

um, bit on topic of cosplay. HeyHey, RX.. which day were you planning on being Edward at AX, any ideas? I'm still trying to plan my whole schedule [mainly stuff around the masquarde and wearing Ultimecia and all] so.. any thoughts ... even this early?

*adds 'Hawkeye in miniskirt' to 'possible cosplay in the furture' list* muha. *then goes to editing screencaps*

one thing about episode 16.. I'm just glad I watched it yesterday.. because that whole thing with Al on the bike would have made me go bonkers... I just couldn't put my head around that. And YAY! Winry is coming back next week with her snazzy work outfit and red bandana and... outfit I'm making! *sou happy!*

yukitoLeonheart
01-26-2004, 11:00 PM
I know!!!!!!! that bandana.....I was like <.<..... I love her dog.

Yea we do tend to discuss the anime and manga a lot more then cosplay, but when cosplay does come up it's like drooooooool. Those Japanese cosplayers made me realize how much amazing FMA cosplay exists.......... geez that is going to be hard to top................... BTW, does anyone want to do a bulk order of FMA stuff and Manga for Katsucon from Animaxis. They just got a bunch of new clear files in and are cheap.................

Also, in ep 16, for a moment it seemed like Roy and Hawkeye were flirting.........when they were in the Hallway. Hawkeye is such a stronger woman and a more dominant logical person. I think if anything it will not be Roy getting her but her just being like why not.........if there is any Romance. I like Hawkeye, they show her in a tank top in Manga 6, she is REALLY pretty. Poor Winry, I don't think she is going to get anything romantic, and I like her a lot, too.

BTW, I did some translating of my own. After Ed tries to transmutate he is like in between life and death and is front of the door of the tree of life. Al stands before him as a spirit. I think. Then he get's sucked into the door by these black hands and is being ripped apart.......then right before it you see his Mom and he says....... Kaa.......
And then he is outside.....Then it goes back to reality....... and he ties his leg and his hands are covered in blood. He then makes the symbol to bind Al's soul. I couldn't read it very well but I think it said stupid brother. I know it said BA KA.....the rest was Kanji and I couldn't do it <.<. Yea, I like Izumi sensei. But I now know why they want Ed as their sacrifice...............but it's not definate, I need to find out about his Dad first and see if that is the reason, if not, then I have it pegged. It's written right in there...............the symbol on his back, the tree of life, why they have Jewish stars, it's right there!

But anyway, group order would rock!

RX 03
01-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Haha, Winly. I had the hardest time figuring out the color of her pants for a friend to cosplay her, >.>;.

Doragon: Sorry, but no. freakin'. clue. I haven't even finished my costume list! I have 3 cons before it. ._.;

EvilMoogleQueen
01-28-2004, 03:37 PM
ep 16 was great. I feel so bad for Al! being put with the sheep...lol. Its really sad... when has was trying to scare the kid by saying he was the "cursed armor" he was partially telling the truth. That might answer my question as to whether or not Al has emotions.

Flippy
01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
I've seen up to ep 5, I think, and I really enjoy it.
same here......Also I was thinking of doing Al somewhere down the line.

MEW
01-30-2004, 07:43 AM
I get new ending song CD today, I like this melody!
but, I don't be hearing new opening song words...(==;

the following, sorry very very late reply(><;
>Winry
I hove 2 coats, one is Edward's red color, and the other is blue ... it's Alphonse's image color.(^^;
When I took that picture, the crest on red coat was bigger ... we didn't look the watch!(><;;

>Eleryth
I think that ... It's me who you look. You are Misuko's costume... I remember!(^^
My friend and I were wearing W Esward's clothes. My friend dressed inner jacket, not long coat, and I dressed inner shart, long coat, and automail ... not jacket.
Aomori .. very very distant! I live in Saitama, and go to college in Tokyo.
I want to talk with you too! ( but I'm not good at English ...sorry(^^;))
and so ... I read your edit. Your heir is long, but it's able to use wig. My friend & I use wig, we has long hair ... that length reached brest.

yukitoLeonheart
01-30-2004, 07:58 AM
I am kind of upset.......... I want to cosplay Greed, but there are NO color pictures that I can find............I know he just came out, but you think they would have some kind of preview of him.

He looks kind of like Hughes.

BTW, anyone have an idea how they will kill these things. Lust wasn't stopped......... in the next one Greed get's his head blown in 2, but is still alive I think.

BTW, here's a small breakdown of how things work and a link to ED for those who don't want to know too much. The Kaballah (that's not the real spelling, the original one is with a Q) is an ancient form of Mythological Judaism. It deals with a lot of things, one of them is the tree of knowledge which is connected to the sins. One of the most sacred caballistic magics is the art of Alchemy...........the thing is, there really exists a principal of matter and nature, I don't know if the name is indead the principal of equivalent trade........but it indeed states that you must present/lose something of equal value to gain something. It's not only a principal of Alchemy, but actually an ancient philosophy in the book. BUT, there was one item that existed known as "the philosophers stone"........and it's role was.......

that's all I am saying, all I know is there is a lot to this story.......and it is based deeply in these things. I am trying to find a place where I can pick up a few books by an Author who wrote them in 1930 something and were republished recently.

Catboi Blues
01-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, as far as reference material goes, Greed will eventually show up in the Anime so that you know what colors to go off of. But then again you could always try making it with what colors you think he would wear.

Mew, glad to see that you are posting more. I'm looking forward to getting your opinion on my outfit once its done.

Lastly, it would seem that the Feb issue of Newtype is featuring FMA, so there's some lineart reference material for you there if anyone is interested. I usually don't touch the magazine as its so overpriced and we know it, but just this once I think that I'll give in because it actually has something worthwhile for a change.

yukitoLeonheart
01-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Yea it was in DEC's New Type in Japan, I was waiting for this issue, it looks so cool!

TyJILDown
01-30-2004, 10:21 AM
RX 03 talked me into cosplaying Izumi for AnimeBoston...so I shall be wearing that to summer cons. Ordering the braided wig this week and I'll have it done a few weeks after Katsu (I am strapped for time even though it is a simple costume) Izumi just seems like my type *grins* Plus an excuse to beat on Ed.

Boyfriend is bringing me a bunch of the episodes today as well as the manga, which he will translate for me while I look at the pictures...cause yea I don't know a lick of Japanese :X

EvilMoogleQueen
01-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm thinking of maybe doing a quick winly for Anime boston... just so I can take some pictures with everyone. I'm pretty sure there will be a good deal of FMA cosplayers there (well the ones who post here anyway...) so maybe we should have a mini photoshoot.

RX 03
01-30-2004, 04:45 PM
RX 03 talked me into cosplaying Izumi for AnimeBoston...so I shall be wearing that to summer cons. Ordering the braided wig this week and I'll have it done a few weeks after Katsu (I am strapped for time even though it is a simple costume) Izumi just seems like my type *grins* Plus an excuse to beat on Ed.

XD MHUAHA.

Wait. *Remembers he is the Ed* .. x_x;

Yukito: Isn't kaballah intresting? I really should ask my parents if we have any books on it, and see if I can do some research. Some intresting stuff might come up.

EMQ: You ready to join the Ed, Hughes, Roy, Izumi, and possible Al at AB? XD

EvilMoogleQueen
01-31-2004, 09:44 PM
EMQ: You ready to join the Ed, Hughes, Roy, Izumi, and possible Al at AB? XD

You know I would never miss that. :p

Flippy
02-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I was just in chinatown and on one of the store front windows there was some magazine with the brothers on the cover. It was a really cool sight but sadly I had to go meet someone and I couldn't look at the magazine :( oh well!

Kakashi718
02-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh, if you do, sweet lordy above will I be wanting one...

^^ I'll be at Katsu! Yay! No FMA cosplay this time around, though - still busy with Tsukasa. But we should run into each other!

Ok, I must have one for my Hughes and Ed cosplays I am planning. If you wish to have my AIM I will provide it (jubeiyagyu718) so you can inform me of prices.

Andre

Eleryth
02-01-2004, 10:22 PM
I finally saw ep 16, and I love Lust even more. I can't wait to make her costume... and I just adore the jacket *drools*.

Her dress looked to be a really dark green. Is this right?
And since I don't have the manga (although, I suppose I could, if I wanted to), are there any differences between her costume in the anime and the manga?

I have no idea what you would charge for your watches, but there is a site the offers them (and if you babel it, it says they ship internationally). If they don't, for some reason, I am willing to order them and ship them off myself, since I have a Japanese address. Here's the link: www.cosmint.co.jp They're sort of expensive, though, at about $60 for a working watch and $30 for one that is a resin cast. They have some Naruto stuff on there too.

yukitoLeonheart
02-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Yea, she is the same.........it's like more black then green.... I have a lot of pictures..... it has that green shade when light shines on the thing

No...........the manga and anime costumes are the same.

Ah........I don't think I can cosplay FMA at all for Katsucon now......... I have the gay marriage rally on Friday so I am wearing a One Piece costume with rainbow stuff and a rainbow pirate flag..........(I got the idea from the lovely ladies at Yaoicon). Saturday I have to show off my Sharingan contact lense and do a ghetto Anbu Kakashi costume. I also have a panel discussion to give, the AMV contest, I am in a skit i directed and wrote for my friends......the dances.

Being busy will be fun though, I am not complaining, I am just kind of scared about the whole gay marriage rally on Friday of the con........but it's much mroe important to me.

I am also going to Anime Boston, so I will probably just wear my costume then........but I need to do the gay one on Friday and I want to wear my Sharingan at a con being that I like designed them based on the anime <.<.

Anyway, I still will be looking out for you guys to get tons of pictures.

doragon
02-02-2004, 02:37 AM
I have no idea what you would charge for your watches, but there is a site the offers them (and if you babel it, it says they ship internationally). If they don't, for some reason, I am willing to order them and ship them off myself, since I have a Japanese address. Here's the link: www.cosmint.co.jp They're sort of expensive, though, at about $60 for a working watch and $30 for one that is a resin cast. They have some Naruto stuff on there too.
thats an awesome website! I wish I could order things from them. Oh my gawd! BLEACH costume *points and clings to it* sou much pretty stuff

oh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to send you the pictures Eleryth.. my webhost went out of business and I have no place to store them ;__;

Kakashi718
02-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I finally saw ep 16, and I love Lust even more. I can't wait to make her costume... and I just adore the jacket *drools*.

Her dress looked to be a really dark green. Is this right?
And since I don't have the manga (although, I suppose I could, if I wanted to), are there any differences between her costume in the anime and the manga?

if you can help a fellow otaku out...I am in the market to buy one of the 30$ ones and I dont live in Japan. I live in NYC. If you wish to contact me email me at jubeiyagyu718@yahoo.com to help me if you can.

Oshi
02-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, a handy guide to the different shoulder adournments on State Alchemist uniforms... >.>
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oshi/fma-ranks.jpg

EvilMoogleQueen
02-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I just watched ep 17.

What color are Winry's pants?!? First I thought they where khaki, but now I think they are sweat pants. o_O

Nozomi
02-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know of a specific pattern or something that I could alter to make Edward's red jacket? I saw an almost perfect jacket on eBay, but I don't have the money at the moment. -.-;

Cheers!
Nozomi

RX 03
02-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know of a specific pattern or something that I could alter to make Edward's red jacket? I saw an almost perfect jacket on eBay, but I don't have the money at the moment. -.-;

Cheers!
Nozomi

I modified a pattern for a Bath Robe, actually, it gives you the best results.

Everyone: Ed's arm is coming out great, finished pics in a few days!

Eleryth
02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
For patterns, you could mix and match a hoodie pattern with a jacket that has the right cut. Try looking in sports jackets or ladies jacket patterns, and just don't put in all the darts and the like. Or maybe lengthen a windbreaker pattern.

Don't worry about the scans, doragon. I found someone I can harrass for them here. :)

yukitoLeonheart
02-02-2004, 11:51 PM
El, I will give you scans, expect them up in about 2 hours <.<. I work fast.

RX 03
02-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Yukito, I got the February issue of Gangan Comics (The one which FMA runs in), and it seems that 'Greed' has a different costume. It's sorta' like Envy's and Gluttony's, I'll try and scan it when I get home from school.

Eleryth
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Exciting. A question, though... where do people put these scans and the like? Your own personal webpages?

EDIT: Forgot to say that I was excited to see my little toys on the screen after ep 17. Heehee! I laughed. It was fun.

EvilMoogleQueen
02-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Okay, someone mentioned that Winry's pants were overalls? I deffinately do not see it. They looked... purple. What the hell are they?! x_X

The ellusive pants of doom!

RX 03
02-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Okay, someone mentioned that Winry's pants were overalls? I deffinately do not see it. They looked... purple. What the hell are they?! x_X

They are deffinetly NOT OVERALLS.

To me, the look like baggy sweatpants, and something tide around the fonts.. maybe they are overalls. o_o;

elfinder
02-03-2004, 09:32 PM

I believe they are overalls actually, I can't remember for sure.... but I think you see her wearing it fully in episode 17.... or maybe not lolz I'll check later. But the overalls are like a very light mauve purple or so.

I soooo want the keychains that are out...... the whole set! They're soooo cute hehe.

UPDATE!

Since it seems people were trying to figure out Winry's outfit, I took three screenshots of her hehe. Yup they seem to be overalls, cause one picture shows them on. The others she seems to just tie it around her waist with the sleeves lolz.

http://members.shaw.ca/elfinder/winry1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/elfinder/winry2.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/elfinder/winry3.jpg

Hope that helps any people who wanna cosplay Winry hehe. I loved episode 17 it was a nice character driven ep! I can't wait for the next now lol

doragon
02-03-2004, 11:53 PM
and I first thought they were just baggy pants. I need to go find a work suit like that ... theres no way I can make it x_X; [could try.. but not sure if theres an actual pattern for that]

Eleryth : aa, okay. I'm glad you found pictures. and I put scans on my own personal website. But thats down, but should *hopefully* be back up soon; pending my new host.

Eleryth
02-04-2004, 12:47 AM
I don't think there's a pattern for such things. I know exactly where I would go if I were in my University city, but try second hand shops or stores that sell a lot of power tools. You could always ask where they buy them from. If you can find a white pair, you could dye them. It would be way easier than trying to find a purple pair.

If you absolutely had to make it, maybe merge together catsuit patterns and a baggy pants or jeans pattern (usually in the young people's books, maybe Burda) with that of a dress shirt/zipper jacket. Would take some major mods, but with work and patience, I think it could be done.

yukitoLeonheart
02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
OK, everyone going to Katsucon.........I am making an order to a place that has all the FMA mangas.....they are only $4 (actually like 3 something). Does anyone want in on an order, because I know that is a cheap price for manga (it's from animaxis.com ) except the shipping is a lot, but I am ordering my own stuff.

So if you guys want some of the mangas, and cheap, tell me ASAP. That is much cheaper then they will be at the dealers room.......

KusanIvy
02-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Finally got to see FMA the other day, after hearing lots of good things about it. I like! I like!

And dammit I might just have to do an Al costume now - just because it's all about making insanely difficult full body armour ;)

Catboi Blues
02-04-2004, 09:06 AM
How many are out right now?

My plans are still a go and if anyone is interested I should have a few custom watches ready.

Do we have a day/time for a FMA gathering?

yukitoLeonheart
02-04-2004, 12:49 PM
6 mangas, 17 eps, 18 by next week.........a players guide, many magazines, 2 shitakis, 3 clear files, 1 t shirt......... and the list goes on............

edit, btw......... I don't know why no one has realized Winry is wearing a purple mechanics outfit, like they wear when they fix a car, one of those full body suits that covers you from getting dirty...... that's why there are sleeves.

elfinder
02-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I was on yahoo japan and I came accross this!

http://www.rinkya.com/cgi-bin/twview.pl?URL=http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g15212169

Is it just me or does that look like an official watch made by square enix?????!!! I sure hope so cause I sooooooo need to get one lolz.

lostsol_manga
02-04-2004, 02:47 PM

http://www.rinkya.com/cgi-bin/twview.pl?URL=http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g15212169

Is it just me or does that look like an official watch made by square enix?????!!! I sure hope so cause I sooooooo need to get one lolz.

I love it, hmmmm what bills can i skip this month ^^ lol

MEW
02-04-2004, 06:12 PM

This watch is official goods, but it's made by MOVIC.
It's very rare goods, I live in Tokyo..but I looked it only 2 times.

trabus
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
that watch is very cool, but it looks engraved to me. I think the one in the anime is embossed (raised metal).

EvilMoogleQueen
02-04-2004, 07:33 PM
must...get...that...watch...
Actually I really want the necklace. Eventually it will turn up on ebay... I hope.

I'm planning on doing a really ghetto winry- maybe just sweat pants and a bandana. I dont have too much time to make any elaborate costumes. Actually I don't have any time at all. But I want to take some pictures with everyone at anime boston, so this is good enough for me.

Winry
02-04-2004, 08:31 PM

The watch is offical huh? It looks so kewl! I wish anime store in America were import more cosplay stuff, but I guess there might be some legal issue about it or something. Dunno, point it the watch looks awesome! n_n

Eleryth
02-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Ghetto Winry could be the winry from the keychains - hair in ponytail with the sides down (or use the bandana, I don't think it matters), a purple tank top (light shades, like the light purple on cosplay.com), and what looks like a black skirt (why? I don't know. Doesn't every female mechanic wear miniskirts? :D ) with black boots. She's holding a black rag (or possibly a shirt, but it doesnt look big enough) and a wrench.

That watch looks great. Wow. And truly expensive. I love the series, but not *that* much (just ordered a computer - I need to save my money!).

doragon
02-05-2004, 12:27 AM
*want watch!* thats.. so nice!

yukito : thats what I thought people meant by overalls or coveralls... but, I did realize. But, why purple? WHY? it clashes with the red bandana! bad winry! *will get a white one and rebel!* hm.. Sears might have some... or! a paint store! oo *getting ideas*

Catboi Blues
02-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Trabus, good eye. The Movic watch is indeed engraved wheile the one from the series is embossed. Well, come Katsu you guys will have to tell me what you think of the one I'm trying to put together. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Do we have a meeting time/day planned yet?

elfinder
02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Personally I'd rather get an embossed one like the series, the official one is nice but it's way!!! too much for me lol.

lostsol_manga
02-05-2004, 12:41 PM
must...get...that...watch...
Actually I really want the necklace. Eventually it will turn up on ebay... I hope.

Do you have a pic of the necklace you want I can have my jeweler look at it to see if he can recreate it for me.

windofzeal
02-05-2004, 02:12 PM
ARRRGGGG!!! I am at my wit's end here!

I am trying to get a Scar, mysterious guy with scar and shades from FMA, outfit together by Katsucon. However I am having no luck whatsoever finding anything that can pass for his jacket, overshirt whatever it is (dirty yellowish with white stipes on the back). I have all vital pieces ( pants, shades, boots, undershirt) even thinking about getting red contact lenes. But I ramble, if ANYONE has any info on where I can find something that will pass as Scar's jacket, or if somebody can make one I will gladly pay for a commission. Thanks

lostsol_manga
02-05-2004, 02:16 PM

I am trying to get a Scar, mysterious guy with scar and shades from FMA, outfit together by Katsucon. However I am having no luck whatsoever finding anything that can pass for his jacket, overshirt whatever it is (dirty yellowish with white stipes on the back). I have all vital pieces ( pants, shades, boots, undershirt) even thinking about getting red contact lenes. But I ramble, if ANYONE has any info on where I can find something that will pass as Scar's jacket, or if somebody can make one I will gladly pay for a commission. Thanks

I will have to email a picture of it to my stepmother for her to look at it. She is my personal pattern helper. I will let you know the results asap

trabus
02-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I probably shouldn't mention this because I have so many kunai orders, but I am planning on making resin cast State Alchemist watches. I'm going to see if I can find a supplier for the chain and latch so that part would still be metal. I'll make a thread in Props when I've got something worth showing. :)

Flippy
02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm on episode 14...Its so great and I love the new theme song...YEAH BITTORRENTS!!

EvilMoogleQueen
02-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Do you have a pic of the necklace you want I can have my jeweler look at it to see if he can recreate it for me.

There is an official one out, but I don't know how long it will be untill people start selling it online. Same thing with the tshirt. Eventually it will end up on ebay. People are already selling the keychains on ebay...

Aer
02-05-2004, 06:04 PM

I hope you can be Scar for Katsucon!! RX and I might be Ed and Winry sometime Saturday so it would be awesome to see other FMA cosplayers ^_^

TyJILDown
02-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Wishing I could have my costume done for Katsu...I probably could have pulled it off but no point until my wig arrives :X

RX 03
02-05-2004, 07:30 PM
In relation to scar, your best looking at a good will, and find a jacket that color. The white stripes I wouldn't worry about, that's best to buy and glue/sew on. ^^

EvilMoogleQueen
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
you all better take a lot of pictures at katsu... ^^

Jekka
02-05-2004, 10:57 PM
you all better take a lot of pictures at katsu... ^^
If I run into you lot, I'll take a <i>ton</i> of pictures! I'm hoping hoping begging the stars to have my Ed done for Otakon... we shall see, I suppose.

Eleryth
02-05-2004, 11:23 PM
I am trying to talk my bf into being scar...but he's as yet undecided. It doesn't look too difficult. You could splice together some patterns or something, or base it on a jacket that already exists. Or, as mentioned, go to the thrift store. Remember, you can dye something darker if you find a good jacket in say, white or really light yellow or something.

I wish I could see everyone! Be sure to take pictures.

And now, a costume question. Lust's gloves aren't full gloves - they're open on the bottom. This would be incredibly hard to make properly. Think it's ok if I make just long, full gloves? (provided I can find the right material...) Also, any ideas for making long nail bits that aren't built into the glove (as in, sitting on top somehow)?

TyJILDown
02-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Ah, you bring that up right after I saw a Lust costume on Yahoo! Japan auctions:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b48169240

They did it with closed gloves...but you may be right with your assumption too.

Gah and I am tempted to do an Envy cosplay after I do Izumi :X

Eleryth
02-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Hm. That's actually not a bad price at all, but I really like making my own things. I don't know if I would have chosen crushed velvet for mine...but it all depends on what I find. I think I will go with a really dark green that looks black in some light, if I can find that (think of those really dark green cars). The black just looks too... flat, for some reason. But it's a good idea image, thanks!

I should really pick up the manga and see what this Izumi looks like... and Envy should be pretty easy if you decide to do it.

TyJILDown
02-06-2004, 01:05 AM
I should really pick up the manga and see what this Izumi looks like...

Here's from volume #6

http://home.earthlink.net/~b1urredimage/images/izumi2.jpg

Eleryth
02-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Cool! For some reason I am getting a somewhat (sorry, this probably isn't the most PC) 'african' vibe from her. Something about the style of art and the the way the hair is done - looks like braids or something. You get to pick your own colors, too! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

doragon
02-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Eleryth : Anywho. For your gloves, I also think that cutting them won't be a good idea.. but perhaps a cloth that matches your skin tone could work and such.. maybe that stretchy stuff [they make leotards out of them?] and for fabric.. I think shiney stuff, like satin or something.. to me her costome looks more shiney than what crushed velvet would look like; but thats just me.

I wish everyone good luck with their costumes!! I hope to see pictures!

and, finally seeing episode 17 : sou funny and sou sad. A very nice episode, indeed [I'm still hoping that Winry realizes she forgot a screw though...] aaa, Armstrong and Winry's sparkle battle... got to love it. It was a very sparkle filled episode and even sad sparkles too xD

yukitoLeonheart
02-06-2004, 03:13 AM
AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA I love your icon, the sparles that always follow Alex Louis Armstrong are hilarious

Catboi Blues
02-06-2004, 08:14 AM
As cutting them open probably isn't the best idea in the world, if you go to a JoAnn's you should be able to find flesh-toned spandex. I know they have it, I just haven't found a use for it yet for any of my own projects. As for the rest of the materials, a stretch velvet or velour might work. Or in the route of many others, spandex can also be your friend.

RX 03
02-06-2004, 08:41 AM
SUPER MAJOR SPOILER FROM CHAPTER 11 OF FMA

Wow. I'm really not that surprised, but it sure is a plot change. I think maybe Saska decoded the cook book wrong, and perhaps it's *dead* people...

yukitoLeonheart
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
TyJilDown, you have manga 6 too then. Do you know or anyone near you know how to translate Japanese. I kind of understand the first chapter's point, but what is that chapter about where he is standing in front of the door of thr tree of life and it seems like Al's Soul is there. Also, who was the guy in the mask that was training them with Izumi sensei (which looked like it was supposed to make them understand about life and that it is a cycle, that you have to have something sacrificed to gain something because that is part of life so that they could understand Alchemy in a more effecient way).

kimechan
02-06-2004, 05:35 PM
@_@ Wow, I just read through this whole thread (all 17 pages of it). Twas overwhelming.

I'm planning on cosplaying as Ed at Otakon (yesssss, I'm about the right height too XD), but his arm is giving me huge dilemma. I know people mentioned it here and there, but I'm still completely ... well, overwhelmed by his arm. I was just wondering what other people did. ^^

RX 03
02-06-2004, 07:03 PM
@_@ Wow, I just read through this whole thread (all 17 pages of it). Twas overwhelming.

I'm planning on cosplaying as Ed at Otakon (yesssss, I'm about the right height too XD), but his arm is giving me huge dilemma. I know people mentioned it here and there, but I'm still completely ... well, overwhelmed by his arm. I was just wondering what other people did. ^^

What I did, is use materials for mask, and made a cast for my arm in 3 different peices. When it dried, I made the additions out of various materials, then covered it with the same material. It's like a very strong paper mache.

PM me for more instructions, if needed. ^^