PDA

View Full Version : Anime Boston Art Show?

Ali
11-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Okay, so I sell art to fund my cons, and I'm curious about Anime Boston's art show.

Was it big last year?
Was there a lot of interest in it?
Do you know if they have limits on how many pieces one can bring?
Are they relatively organized with payment?

Those are my major concerns right now... If anyone participated last year, knows anyone who participated last year, or has any info at all, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lafiel
11-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Okay, so I sell art to fund my cons, and I'm curious about Anime Boston's art show.

Was it big last year?
Was there a lot of interest in it?
Do you know if they have limits on how many pieces one can bring?
Are they relatively organized with payment?

Those are my major concerns right now... If anyone participated last year, knows anyone who participated last year, or has any info at all, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I'm actually the Art show coordinator for Anime boston this year.
To answer your questions.

1. It wasn't very big last year (I wasn't running it, but I was an attendant), this year I feel it will be larger but it is also in a better place this year. Basically right besides the dealers room in the castle. So plenty of people will be able to see it!

2. I think a lot of people were interested, but I don't think a lot of people knew where it was last year, it was kinda tucked away a bit.

3. Its not official but tentitively its $15 and you can submit up to 10 pieces of artwork.

4. We will be very organize with payments, I will be implementing/developing a new program which keeps track of everything.

I hope this answers your questions :) I did participate last year, and my only major complaint was the location, but they were much faster then Otakon ever was with delivering the money. Not to mention I made some decent Coin.

Ali
11-16-2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks a lot!

Lil
11-21-2003, 09:57 AM
:) I hope the art show is big this year. I'm definatly submitting a few peices. Is the info up on the Anime Bos. site yet? And do we have to sign up ahead of time?

10 peices, it'll be awsome if there is that much room... But I'm doing larger peices of art... 11x17 + matting so I prob won't be able to fit that much.

Lafiel
11-21-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm just waiting to hear back the official word on some things like times and other things before the information is submitted to the website, but if you have any speific questions I can try to answer them here.

It is encouraged if you sign up ahead of time, but if you rather wait till you arrive and check it out that is cool too :)

From the look of the floor plan there is a lot of room, so more art the better. If there isn't enough room, I'll personally MAKE room.

I love big pieces so I look forward to seeing yours.

~Lafiel
Anime Boston
Art show Coordinator.

Lil
11-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Cool! I think I may just plan out 5 peices of art then. :) I don't really have any specific ?'s right now. Parhaps if I get to scanning preliminary sketches I could use a little opinion. ;)
Here's a general ?, what things sell the best at the art shows? I was thinking Inu-Yasha was really hot right now.

Lafiel
11-23-2003, 09:09 PM
Ooo I would love to see the artwork before you bring it in. I always drool over peoples skills :)

Inu yasha is Very hot right now, so is chobits.
Stuff that has been popular over the years is stuff like Oh my goddess, Deedlit (lodoss wars), for some reason I can't think of the rest of them :)

Lil
11-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks a lot!
*edits the things to draw list!*

Kairi G
12-21-2003, 07:31 PM
when is the info on the art show gonna be up? i have some pieces i would like to put in the auction but i dont really know how to go about doing that.

Lafiel
12-22-2003, 12:33 AM
I'm sorry about the delayon getting the rules online, I'm just waiting to hear back on some information before the details are posted up. If there is anything in particuar you would like to know about feel free to ask and I will get to it right away or you can email me at artshow@animeboston.com.

Dragonrage
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
I hope the artshow has collections of bidders and sellers info before any transcations are done. I also wonder if there can be a group of artists are like a clud or organization can be all grouped together.

Lafiel
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM
I will be collecting bidders and artists information as I recieve and and placing in in a database for current and future use. If a club or organization want to submit their art I don't see that being a problem as long as there is a single name responsible for paying/pickingup and what not and permission written out by each artist saying its alright for the person/club to be submiting their artwork and recieveing payment.

Lafiel
01-16-2004, 02:58 PM
The rules and signup are now online!

http://www.animeboston.com/events/artshow/

Dragonrage
01-21-2004, 07:27 PM
I was going over the information and the rules and somethings are a bit disheartening. I have been to many other conventions to sell art but this will be the first time selling at an animecon, do other cons follow a similar plan?

Lafiel
01-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh no.. :\
What are disheartening? Maybe with a little explaination I can help clear it up.

These rules typically follow almost all other artshow rules at other anime cons.

Dragonrage
01-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Perhaps maybe I should send an e-mail rather then posting up here on the board?

Lafiel
01-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Perhaps maybe I should send an e-mail rather then posting up here on the board?

Sure..
just email artshow@animeboston.com

Dragonrage
01-21-2004, 09:03 PM
ok thank you

Lafiel
01-21-2004, 10:22 PM
No problem :)
Looking forward to your email so I can answer your questions.

Dragonrage
01-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Lafiel you had said you liked seeing some art before con. If we have some images of the works in progress do you want us to post them up so you may see them?

Lafiel
01-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Sure! You don't have too, its just my curiousity I love to see work in progress :)

Lil
01-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Here's one of my works in progress for anime boston:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4124660/

Lafiel
01-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Here's one of my works in progress for anime boston:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4124660/

WOWOWOW
thats going to look fantasitic!
You going to color it digitally or paints??

I might have to bid on that one myself.

Dragonrage
01-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Here are two of mine. I have to redo them a bit before I color them with prismas.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4888827/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4888288/

Lil
01-29-2004, 12:39 PM
All my peices are going to be originals, one of a kind; inked and then water colored or acrilic painted.