PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Hungryjack
10-24-2002, 05:49 PM
I just got to Halloween Town last night in KH and I noticed all the characters are in costumes. Sora, in particular, looks pretty cool in Halloween garb. I was thinking that since there's already been a few proper Soras, the Halloween version might be really cool to do--or do you think anyone would even recognize it?

Nietsche
10-24-2002, 06:24 PM
It's in the works for this Halloween!

Spooky Brew
10-24-2002, 08:28 PM
If I ever do Sora, that's the costume I do!! I almost finished the game....just trying to beat A....nope, that'll give the ending away. But on KH cosplay, I'm working on Squall!

Celine
10-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Really? I thought he looked ridiculous! I mean, the boy has a little pumpkin stuck to the side of his face! XD Actually, all the characters looked silly *and* the complete and utter LACK OF COLOR in Halloween Town made me crazy! I couldn't tell which were allies and which were enemies. ^^ Mweh, I just finished Halloween Town last night, and now I probably won't touch the game again until Suikoden 3 has been defeated (mwahahaaa! SUIKODEN!).

Hmm... there are a couple different Sora options, then... since someone very creative could always do flashback Sora. Sora's so cute. I'm looking forward to seeing all the Sora costumes this year. ^_^

Nietsche
10-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Pumpkin stuck to the face is a little inaccurate.....it's a pumpkin mask he wears off centre above his eyes.....and looks pretty snazzy!
I'll do normal Sora too before Otakon hits again...but the dates seem to still be as of yet unconfirmed....And dolphin mer-Sora would be great if i could get away with it!

Spooky Brew
10-24-2002, 09:55 PM
Mer-man sora would be interesting, yet very challenging! Nietsche, if you ever do it, definitly post pics up! I wanna see!!!

tamahomegurl
10-24-2002, 10:56 PM
my sis and i did the original kingdom hearts cosplay this year at ani-magic! it's not really completed yet because we still have to make the keyblade....0___o;;

anyhow, here's the pic of my sister and the cool neko version of Riku that AJ took of them @ ani-magic....(uhhh....don't mind the crooked crown necklace...^^;;)

hehehehe...still needs work but we did recieve many compliments though!! ^__^

Hikaru
10-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I think the Halloween Town version of Sora is cool! Of course, The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies too but anyway, I already beat the game and even got the secret ending. It took me about 4-5 days. Then I fooled around a lot in the game and just killed stuff. I'm gonna try expert mode soon.

Celine
10-25-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Nietsche
Pumpkin stuck to the face is a little inaccurate.....it's a pumpkin mask he wears off centre above his eyes.....and looks pretty snazzy!

Really?? o_o I seriously thought he just had a pumpkin stuck to his face. XD Yay not having a good view of it. I liked the fangs and itty bitty bat wings, those were cute. Mer-Sora would be... uh... interesting! ^_^;;

What needs to happen next year is a whole gaggle of Soras to show up, all with different keyblades! That would rock!

Spooky Brew
10-25-2002, 12:19 AM
I love all those different keyblades! That'd be cool!

Jinx
10-25-2002, 01:52 AM
I lOVED Halloween Sora! I love Halloween!!! Donald and Goofy looked cool.. well, Donald looked more cute that cool.. and Goofy had that pumpkin on his nose. =B

Spooky Brew
10-25-2002, 01:55 AM
Don't you just hate Donald and Goffy as your partners? All they do is take up your potions then die, potions, die, die, potions...argghh! *coughs* I'm done :)

ReiChan
10-25-2002, 02:25 AM
That's why you don't give them any potions, unless it's a boss battle and you decide to waste a bunch in the hopes that they'll heal you if you're about to die.

I ended up loving Donald in that game solely because he was great at keeping me alive while I worked the villians.

Halloween Sora would be great! I have some pretty decent reference pics if you want them.

Spooky Brew
10-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Really?? *blink blink*

Nietsche
10-25-2002, 07:47 AM
I have enough references for Halloween Sora.
For the reasons tht ReiChan point out, I have no qualms about Donald and Goofy saving me from the brinks of death during boss battles!
what is more annoying is that Donald will always use up his MP on the first encounter after a recharge! (yeah I know the customise feature is there to stop this i put them all on the middle settings except healing potions and ethers which i put use on emergencies only!)

And yeah I love all the keyblades! The pumpkinhead holds a special place in my heart!

and mer-man Sora......it shall be my special challenge! does anyone know much about trying to make a costume appear to merge with the skin? might i need some tips from our resident prosthetic and body make-up experts?

Chosuke
10-25-2002, 08:13 AM
My Donald and Goofy always heal me.. I love them on my time!
Though I don't give them any potions myself because they sometimes heal me a bit too much ~_~

My group is doing KH and i'm Planning on doing Riku,Riku amano version <snazzed up design of Riku by moi xD> and flash back riku.
Also normal sora ^^

Celine
10-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Heh heh heh... I'm a crackhead, I suppose. Sora *is* my healer (hence, I decide everyone's fate! If they aren't helping me in the battle, I don't have to heal them. And they'll eventually revive anyway). Goofy and Donald get ethers, not potions. ^^ And I only use Donald when I have to, the rest of the time I use the special characters.

Jinx- the pumpkin on the nose! Totally fantastic! ^_^

Nietsche- are you gonna try and make the tail a prosthetic by yourself? There are lots of site and stuff about that if you look around. As for makeup, there is the wonderful Ben Nye stuff which is good for theatrical endeavors.

Hungryjack
10-25-2002, 11:31 AM
I did something pretty pathetic last night. I hadn't been playing Kingdom Hearts in a few days so I wanted to make some progress, which I did, but by the time I made it to Altantica, I was getting kind of tired. Either it's not so easy to find save points in Atlantica, or maybe I was just kind of loopy by that point, but I kept falling asleep while swimming around, only to be woken up by the sound of the heartless pounding on me. This went on for about ten minutes while I continually swam around looking for the save point and falling asleep.

Eventually I found a save point and went to bed :sleep:

Jinx
10-26-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ReiChan
That's why you don't give them any potions, unless it's a boss battle and you decide to waste a bunch in the hopes that they'll heal you if you're about to die.

I ended up loving Donald in that game solely because he was great at keeping me alive while I worked the villians.

Yes yes!! I don't give Donald any potions unless it's important. And I most DEFINITELY don't give them Mega-potions or ethers. I take care of that stuff. ^-^

But yeah, Donald and Goofy heal me so I can worry about the more important stuff. Knda funny when they both heal you at the same time. o.o;;

Hikaru
10-27-2002, 12:59 AM
I only give my potions to Donald and Goofy because sometimes I don't have enough time to heal myself during battle and when I try to I get killed. Donald and Goofy have saved me many times and my strategy has worked well enough so that i have beated the game twice and even got the secret ending and have defeaten the secret bosses only meant for "experts". Oh God I like bragging about my gaming skills! *Gets whacked on the head*.

ReiChan
10-27-2002, 01:09 AM
I got the secret ending too, but I was too lazy to go after the "secret" bosses. I could have if I'd spent even more time leveling, but by the time I actually finished the game I was already in the 70s and really tired of leveling. Took a lot of kills to get that Ultima weapon. x_x

Spooky Brew
10-27-2002, 01:03 AM
I finally finished the game last night! I'm gonna go back again so I can get the secret ending, it was a great game! I think in Japan they are seeting up for KH 2&3! I wish they would bring out action figures or something, they always make action figures and other promoional stuff for Disney, Kh shouldn't really be any different (?). Ah well... *goes to ps2*

tamahomegurl
10-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
I wish they would bring out action figures or something, they always make action figures and other promoional stuff for Disney, Kh shouldn't really be any different (?). Ah well... *goes to ps2*

i think they do have action figures for the kh cast...i got a kairi action figure ( i think they're posable) for $4.00 on ebay when kh was still in japan. now...she's like $30.00!! whew!! *sigh of relief* luckily i got her early!!!

the company that makes the toys is Tomy. here's the link to the same exact kairi i got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=728347273

i hope they'll make cool american version *prays for mcfarlane toys to suddenly produce them*...it's a good dream, ne??! ^__^

anyway, i found a pic of the halloween sora cosplay - i think the first i've seen on this side of the world. i picked it up from cosplaylab.com.

Nietsche
10-28-2002, 09:08 AM
anyway, i found a pic of the halloween sora cosplay - i think the first i've seen on this side of the world. i picked it up from cosplaylab.com.

Geez..did he/she have to pose in front of a black background? I'd really like to see how he/she did the wings!!!

Hungryjack
10-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
I wish they would bring out action figures or something, they always make action figures and other promoional stuff for Disney, Kh shouldn't really be any different (?). Ah well... *goes to ps2*

I have a friend who works for an import toy store here in Houston and he told me a few weeks back that there were going to be Kingdom Hearts figures and that they would be double-packaged with one Squaresoft character and one Disney character in each pack.

Celine
10-28-2002, 10:38 AM
Errr... They are releasing US versions of the toys. Go grab your instruction manuals and look at page 25. ^^

Spooky Brew
10-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Excuse me while I thunk myself on the head
*THUNK!!*
So obvious! Celine, you seem to "bail" me out everytime!

Hungryjack
10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Errr... They are releasing US versions of the toys. Go grab your instruction manuals and look at page 25. ^^

...or I could go look on page 25 of my instruction manual. DUH! :p

Celine
10-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Don't hit yourself, please! I never look at the instruction books, but since it was my first ps2 game I decided to take a quick peek at it and see who all the voice actors were. ^^ Often the most obvious solutions are the ones you overlook...

tamahomegurl
10-28-2002, 06:29 PM

arigato celine!!! ^__^;; i forgot that that darn page is in there!!!! x___x *beats myself up* geeeeezzzz....don't they look the cutest???!!! *giggles*

*sighs* the death of my dream of having mcfarlane toys produce is confirmed...XP

Hikaru
10-29-2002, 03:53 PM
I saw the so called "preview" for KH 2. It was very confusing ^~^;;. (a lot of you guys probably saw it but didn't think anything of it.) I can't wait to get KH action fiqures! *Goes to ebay in search oif a Sora one.*

tamahomegurl
10-30-2002, 12:50 AM
here's another better picture i found on cosplaylab.com of the cosplayer known as "omi" who did the halloween sora on my other post!

for your viewing pleasure, this time omi is standing in front of a white background!! ^___^

i thought omi did a pretty good job as gothic halloween sora!! Congrats!! ^___-

Squall-chan
10-30-2002, 01:27 AM
;) Ooooo.....very pretty pic ^_^

Hikaru
10-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Even though I'm a girl I want to cosplay as Sora!!

Celine
10-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Somehow, I don't think gender is going to stop many people from cosplaying Sora and Riku. ^_^ They're cute and have neat costume designs. I expect to see plenty of them this year.

tamahomegurl
10-31-2002, 05:03 PM
Somehow, I don't think gender is going to stop many people from cosplaying Sora and Riku. ^_^ They're cute and have neat costume designs. I expect to see plenty of them this year.

I agree totally with celine!! my sis wanted to be sora right off the bat!! i told her that we can be twin kairis and she refused!!! XD and it was cool because when we were at ani-magic, we saw a girl riku!

it's expected that alot of females and males will dress up as the kawaii sora and the badass riku. they're sooooooo cool!!! ^__^

oh...here's another pic of my sis and the cool riku....(gomen..i'm bombarding this forum with soooo many pics....) but caring is sharing, ne? ^___-

Hikaru
11-03-2002, 01:21 AM
I want to make a Sora costume someday! Every game Squaresoft makes has the best designs for characters!! :)

tamahomegurl
11-03-2002, 04:08 PM
the sora outfit isn't too difficult to make, hikaru-chan! it's quite fun to make! ^__^

we just had to use all these crazy ideas for the stupid loop around the base of the pants to create that "hoop" thing...x___x;; that took some time and didnt turn out 110% great...^^;;

WhiteStorm
09-06-2003, 06:52 PM

Well, try telling that to my ma! She is telling me "Why do you want to wear such a hideous outfit?" Pointing at Kairi, "Look, so nice and sweet. The costume is easy. You don't even have to buy a wig."

Ughh, soo much for her help.

I'm doing an Original Sora "Spoof" just to kill her with the look. I decided it will be more fun to "get her" than try for an ORIGINAL Sora look. Where is the fun in that? (So many have played him already) Scaring my ma is sooo much fun! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

WhiteStorm

UnwantedKikyo
09-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Yea imma gurl and im doing halloween Sora!!!!its not stopping me I just have to get a wig....^_^ but yea im starting to make the outfit today. ^_^