PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk link?

Hayroon
06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I've wanted to cosplay Linkfor a while, but I've been unsure about which version, then I got an idea for a steampunk version of Link (still has the mastersword) but does anyone else think it's a good idea?

Gazizaty
06-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Well, it's a first I've heard someone wanting to try Link Steam Punk style, and I think it sounds AWESOME :D I'd love it if someone tried to pull it off. But honestly I don't know how it would look in my head...better to search on the internet or dA of other peoples concepts of this, I'm sure they're out there :) good luck pulling this off

Hayroon
06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Well I've done some searching and I found one cosplay and a few fan arts, the cosplay didn't really look like Link and the fan arts weren't really steampunk except for one, which didn't look like Link. But my idea is to have a green sleeveless double-breasted(the kind with two rows of buttons) blazer, with a button down white shirt, the boots and gloves would be the same, I'm not sure about the pants, and the hat would be a pilot's cap, but green and with Link's signature hat tail

CR4CK3RW0LF
06-21-2011, 10:43 PM
hehehe, when steampunk link pops into my head, i think spirit tracks link.. sooo yeah, kinda hard to imagine anything else lol

Kittysack
06-21-2011, 10:57 PM
You could try taking some design cues from the various technologically-inclined areas of the Zelda games. It's a stretch, but steampunk-esque design is present in some of the games. The Bombchu bowling alley from Ocarina of Time, Hyrule Castle Town of Twilight Princess, and Termina Bay of Majora's Mask all come to mind. Take a good look at those areas and see if anything can be incorporated.

Jacky_theNerd
06-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Actually, while thinking about my Link cosplay, I thought of a similar idea. I also uncovered some Steampunk Link fan art some time ago. I found it again solely to hopefully give you an idea/inspiration.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=steampunk+link#/d2zt1wl

protonmitsu
10-26-2011, 07:11 PM
That is a FANTASTIC idea. A Link hat with goggles would look so cool!

Hayroon
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Wow, I actually forgot about this thread, but the pic Jacky_theNerd posted inspired me to make a steam powered strength ring of sorts.