PDA

View Full Version : I wanna cosplay as Misa,

AveriiAtomic
06-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I wanna cosplay as Misa, but I don't know where to find things to put together. I want to do this outfithttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-u98dWp9Uc/S8FUTVINiCI/AAAAAAAAAuo/yHunS2cFIBQ/s1600/Death+Note+Cosplay+-+Amane+Misa+15.jpg but again, I'm kinda tight on money, and don't know what I need. Can you help? Or give suggestions?

Juliapop
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
If you can pick just two parts of the cosplay to spend more money on, get a nice wig and make sure the blades on your hands are made really well. Those go a long way towards making that cosplay look good, and everything else can probably be done cheaply. In the original reference pic there are zippers all over the front of Misa's dress, but if you get everything else right and have a plain black dress, most people probably won't even notice the difference.

I think I've seen a tutorial on how to make the blades on the gloves. I'll see if I can find it.

Gypsyangelf4i
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
You could likely find a longer dress at a thrift store and cut it down. Or make it a 2 piece and just use a tank top and a skirt. A bunch of random belts and necklaces...also easily found at Goddwill etc. Black fishnet stockings can be found at Party City along with some elbow length gloves...just cut the fingers out. The chains can be cut to length at Home depot or Lowes and just held on with safety pins (kinda goes with the look), The boots can likely be found at thrift store as well. It's amazing the items you can find and repurpose.
Honestly the most expensive bit will be the wig.