PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Meetup

Kaijugal
11-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Well today Myself and Sarcasm-Hime took a break from our fabric shopping on Queen West to attend the cosplay Meetup at an Expresso Bar on Front Street. Appearently we were either the only two people to show up, or the only two people to hang around. Either way, it was more like a cosplay showup, than a cosplay meetup. LOL! Still the tea was Superbe and it was nice to take a break.

That being said Toronto is rated the #1 member city on Cosplay Meetup. LOL!

Top Cities for Cosplay Meetups
Toronto, ON (32 members)
New York City (27)
Dallas-Plano, TX (24)
Denver, CO (23)
Singapore, SG (19)
Houston, TX (17)
Brisbane, Australia (16)
Orange County, CA (12)
Lowell, MA (10)
Boston, MA (10)
London, England (9)
Washington, DC (9)
Vancouver, BC (9)
San Diego, CA (9)
Detroit, MI (9)
Columbus, OH (8)
Fort Worth, TX (7)
Alameda County, CA (7)
Huntsville, AL (7)
New Orleans, LA (6)
Norfolk, VA (6)
Santa Clara County, CA (6)
Suffolk County, NY (5)
Minneapolis, MN (5)
Edmonton, AB (5)
Chicago, IL (5)
Tampa, FL (5)
Philadelphia, PA (5)
Phoenix, AZ (5)
Dade County, FL (4)
Pittsburgh, PA (4)
Northern NJ (4)
Nashville, TN (4)
Raleigh-Durham, NC (4)
Las Vegas, NV (4)
Atlanta, GA (4)
Orlando, FL (4)
St. Pete-Clearwater, FL (4)
Waterloo, ON (4)
Austin, TX (4)
Baltimore, MD (4)
Worcester, MA (4)
Portland, OR (3)
Savannah, GA (3)
Charlotte, NC (3)
Kansas City, MO (3)
New Haven, CT (3)
Calgary, AB (3)
Knoxville, TN (3)
Newark-Jersey City, NJ (3)
Sydney, Australia (3)
San Fernando Valley, CA (3)
Marietta-Roswell, GA (3)
Melbourne, Australia (3)
Riverside, CA (3)
Colorado Springs, CO (3)
Sacramento, CA (3)
San Bernardino, CA (3)
Hartford, CT (3)
Louisville, KY (3)
Des Moines, IA (3)
San Francisco, CA (3)
South King County, WA (3)
Glasgow, Scotland (3)
Dover, DE (2)
Jacksonville, FL (2)
Santa Fe, NM (2)
Denton County, TX (2)
Shanghai, China (2)
Cedar Rapids, IA (2)
Providence, RI (2)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2)
Middlesex County, NJ (2)
Hong Kong, HK (2)
Gainesville, FL (2)
Kingsport--Johnson City, TN (2)
Springfield, MA (2)
Montgomery County, MD (2)
Reno, NV (2)
Allentown, PA (2)
Cleveland, OH (2)
Greeley, CO (2)
Temple, TX (2)
São Paulo, Brasil (2)
Lewiston, ID (2)
Lexington, KY (2)
St. Louis, MO (2)
West Palm Beach, FL (2)
Boulder, CO (2)
Lisbon, Portugal (2)
Wichita, KS (2)
Wheaton, IL (2)
Baton Rouge, LA (2)
Honolulu, HI (2)
Halifax, NS (2)
Memphis, TN (2)
Yuba City, CA (2)
Buffalo, NY (1)
Trenton, NJ (1)
Winnipeg, MB (1)

Minakolabelle
11-16-2003, 12:43 AM
wow waterloo actually has 4 memebers @_@

Kia
11-16-2003, 08:07 AM
32 members and only 2 showed up? ... wow ...

Lafiel
11-16-2003, 02:11 PM
I remember one meet up in the summer there was 4 of us.

lainey
11-16-2003, 08:50 PM
D2R plans to do a cosplay photoshoot next spring at High Park...

i know it's a little early now...but we plan on doing it ^_^

xiola
11-17-2003, 12:20 AM
>_< i totally meant to show up but a) it was my boyfriend's day off so he probably would have been annoyed if i didn't see him and b) i'm terrible about remembering dates unless i'm actually *talking* about it with people in advance so that i'm actively anticipating it, otherwise i just don't *plan* and therefore forget something's coming up and go "oh shit" when i realize...

sadly, but not surprisingly, this also seems to apply to homework due dates as well. -__-!

Mekou
11-17-2003, 08:24 PM
I didn't go because I had no idea if anyone else was going or not. >_>

Perhaps nextime time someone should post a thread here asking who is interested in goign? Since it is us, the cosplayers, who are meant to organize the actual meet-up anyway. ^^

Sarcasm-hime
11-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Heh. I actually did mention on another thread about it...I guess some people missed it. -.-;; oh well...

Chosuke
11-18-2003, 07:19 AM
I would like to go..
but all the locations are in down town Toronto and its kinda difficult to get down there.

Kaijugal
11-18-2003, 01:19 PM
I would like to go..
but all the locations are in down town Toronto and its kinda difficult to get down there.

Sorry Chobrat, I know how it can suck being so far out of town. (Yay! Go TRANSIT!)

:cheers: I think we should do what we do on the Toronto Trek Message Board, just organize ones ourselves here. :)

Scoti
11-18-2003, 06:19 PM
I would have gone if I knew about it but I guess I missed that thread

Kisa
11-18-2003, 10:04 PM
I'd go. I'm just not in T.O

dani
02-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Kudos to me for recycling and old thread instead of wasting natural resources in starting a brand new one :)

Next meetup in Toronto is Saturday, February 21, 2004 @ 2:00PM. Anyone coming? only myself and one other cosplayer RSVP'ed yet.

Thanks....

Dani

Sarcasm-hime
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I would but I have a pre-existing commitment on Saturday. And I know Kaiju-chan is at Pandemonium this weekend....bleh.

Kia
02-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Kudos to me for recycling and old thread instead of wasting natural resources in starting a brand new one :)

Next meetup in Toronto is Saturday, February 21, 2004 @ 2:00PM. Anyone coming? only myself and one other cosplayer RSVP'ed yet.

Thanks....

Dani
Sorry, I'll either be at Pandemonium with Kaijugal or burried under 6 feet of homework.

lainey
02-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I'll either be at Pandemonium with Kaijugal or burried under 6 feet of homework.

i'll be burried under 6 feet of homework :D

zoinomiko
02-17-2004, 03:13 PM
i'll be burried under 6 feet of homework :D

Make that three of us. :thumbsup: How weird, I'm actually using reading week for reading. :D

Spatx
02-17-2004, 08:27 PM
I remember one meet up in the summer there was 4 of us.

I think thats the one I came too. Lol, It was great to talk to everyone! I unfortunately haven't been able to make it to any of the meetups since then. Maybe the next one I can make it. I desperately need to go Wig shopping! @_@

Saffi
02-18-2004, 09:45 AM
hrm... never been to a cosplay meet up, do you guys actually dress up and stuff? if so, where would this thing be, and would it be inside? the costume I want to get more pictures of, is... very skimpy...

tho with it being on saturday, i have a birthday party to attend in cambridge at 6/6:30... and with the bus between cambridge and toronto being 3 hours long ish... i wouldn't get much time to hang out, but it would be fun to meet up with you guys.

-saff

dani
02-18-2004, 09:59 AM
The coordinates are:

Lettieri Espresso Bar & Cafe, 79 Front St E, Toronto, on Saturday, February 21 @ 2:00PM

I won't be wearing my Sailor Venus costume (I might get a pneumonia) but was thinking maybe dressing en-femme instead of my usual boring guy look. Still need to work out the details.

I plan to bring my dig camera, for sure, in case anyone wants pics of something they bring.

For more details and RSVP: http://cosplay.meetup.com

Seeyou...

Dani

Saffi
02-18-2004, 10:03 AM
any possiblility of people wanting to meet a bit earlier, so that then i could actually get some time with you guys? cuz yeah, if i hop up to TO i'd like to spend a bit more than an hour hanging out with other people.. but *shrugs* whatever works, works.

-saff

dani
02-18-2004, 10:31 AM
So far, the "coalition of the willing" is Spatx, myself and someone I don't know that registered on the meetup site. I could be there a bit earlier, don't know about spatx, and we have no way of contacting this other cosplayer because I don't know if he/she is on this board even.

Lets hear from the others...

Dani

Spatx
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
I was planning on getting there a bit early anyway. ^.^ Last time I got lost! Lol. I don't think I'll be wearing anything to the meetup. I -could- wear my Monty Python costume since its nothing too complicated. I mean.. I could wear Vash also. I don't know - I'm still deciding if I'll cosplay or not. Last time I went to a meetup everyone was dressed normally except for one person who wore part of thier costume. I think I might just go dressed normal because I do plan on getting some shopping done on Saturday also. :) Even if the cosplaymeetup says its cancelled, I'm still going to show up. I'll aim to get there about 1:30, and I'll bring a sign just in case. Can't wait to see anyone who shows up! :D

dani
02-18-2004, 04:48 PM
So we are settled for 1:30, even if the event is officially cancelled. I'll probably be in my civvies too, since getting ready for anything special takes me 2 hrs at least.

Dani

_Mandy_
03-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Whoo, Buffalo has one whole member! At least we're on there...*shrug*. But Buffalo's pretty close to Toronto.

Kawaii_Omi
03-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Why does everyone forget St.Catharines? -.-; Canada, Ontario, St.Catharines has 3 :untrust:

Nagii
03-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Why does everyone forget St.Catharines? -.-; Canada, Ontario, St.Catharines has 3 :untrust:

st.catharines nananana ha nananananana -dances-