PDA

View Full Version : Winter Photoshoot (?)

Mia-P
11-16-2003, 05:33 PM
I was thinking it would be cool if we all had a photoshoot when it snows, dunno why, I just think it would look cool if we took photos in the snow! XD XD What do you think? It could be like a cosplay X-Mas get together thingie...

mikcy
11-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Snow makes pictures and oufits 10 million times more purdy I say. ;D Unless it's grey... or yellow... ew. o.O

I like that idea. I dooo.

Infini
11-16-2003, 06:22 PM
If a day is set, I'll be there. I really want to do a nice photoshoot, since I haven't got anyone here to take pictures, and I always look kind of sad/sick/miserable in convention pics.

I think it's a great idea. :)

Minakolabelle
11-16-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm up for it aslong as it's on teh weekend <3

Kia
11-16-2003, 07:31 PM
I think it's a great idea. ^_^ ... now the only problem is seeing if I can find a quick costume to make that I won't freeze in ...

lainey
11-16-2003, 08:32 PM
i'd go...but i won't have the time to make a winter type costume...

mikcy
11-16-2003, 08:45 PM
This one outfit Nell(under the glass moon) wears would be perfect for it. I shouldn't. No. Bad megan. :o

heki-chan
11-16-2003, 11:24 PM
thts a cool idea *goes to talk to dreamkydd*

i dunt hav anything wintery...cept maron.

im thinking of Kana. but i cant find a good wig! :(

Kaijugal
11-17-2003, 12:08 AM
I'd be for it, but only able to make it if it was out this way. (West End). Gojira in the snow! hehehehe.... :)

I'd have the warmest cosplay outfit for sure. :) I'll put a hot chocolate machine in my tail ! :D

Mage
11-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Nooo...you people must not tempt me....XP aiya...

Though I do have a costume, since Agrias is very, very warm....meh. =\ I'm having doubts about when I'll ever have Satsuki's cloak finished. T_T

Infini
11-17-2003, 03:17 PM
How about saturday the 20th or sunday the 21st in december? If it isn't snowy by then, we could always have it in January. Just not sure what people have for availability.

Kia
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Problem with December is that it's christmas holiday... which can be both a good point and a bad point... I vote for January, but if December is better for everyone else then I'll go with it too. ^_^

Mage
11-17-2003, 07:03 PM
I think February might be even better than January, really. For most of high school, my exams were in January, so I'm wondering if maybe there'd be people who'd have a conflict in January as well?

*cough* and I'm being selfish because I'm going to be home more often in February....but yeah....*hides*

Heh heh...Anyway, if it's in December, I probably won't be able to make it...I have exams until December 22nd. T_T *cries*

Kia
11-17-2003, 07:20 PM
<moment of selfishness> I have my reading week in February... </moment of selfishness>

Mage
11-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Precisely *angelic smile*

Minakolabelle
11-17-2003, 07:52 PM
dood Dec. 20th works for me..... You just better bring me some thing for me b-day :D

Ariati
11-17-2003, 07:55 PM
I think Febuary would be best for me.. ^_^; december and january... don't really work X_X

mikcy
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
February or December. I don't mind either. Though, end of January I have exams, but whatever.

angelcosmos
11-17-2003, 09:17 PM
ooh sounds fun! Umm where? I think Edward's Garden is *purty* but I don't know how it looks in winter time.

Infini
11-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Hmmm....december, january, february.....which one? o_O and where?

nuriko001
11-17-2003, 09:41 PM
teheh it's goign to be coooold

Sarcasm-hime
11-17-2003, 09:44 PM
I think January or February are better as we don't usually get much nice snow until then anyways. Morpheus would look cool in the snow...or if I get my green dreadfalls I could wear my EGL dress. ^_^

Mia-P
11-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Mmm yeah depends on when the nice snow days are. I think a park or some sort of forest area would be really pretty! lol Now I have to think of something to make >.>;;;

nuriko001
11-17-2003, 09:58 PM
will you peopele be willing to make snow angels in your costumes AHHAHAHAHA...

heki-chan
11-18-2003, 01:49 AM
febuary sounds good...reading week. yey :D

we should drive up to some rural-ish area. like........nothing comes to mind...hamilton? its kinda rural here. LOL. OOO

come to mcmaster.
we got's deer and crazy racoons that eat ppls feet XD
and we have a conservation park (aka TREES and LOTS OF IT), stone buildings from the 1800s (looks castle-y), as well as extremely modern buildings, ANNND the REFECTORY RATHSKELLER which looks like a haunted witch house which would be ideal for JROCK stuff....actually, if you guys come here during Christmas break, this place will be DESERTED!!!

Its SUCH a beautiful campus, its small but its got so many different buildings from different eras. KEKEKEKEKE LIME GREEN TILES IN MY BUILDING'S BASEMENT for 80's people.

[edit] we also have a cathedral-type church. complete with its own bell tower. lalala. and arched walkways. yep.

Chosuke
11-18-2003, 07:06 AM
I would prefer t in february or January.
I'm in vancouver pretty much all of december.

Another really nice place would Bruce Park on the niagara escarpment.

Minakolabelle
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
we should do it buy a school. then we can sneak in to a class and take pics of different characters in school.. it'll be funny really >_>;;;; besides no ones really done that.

Sarcasm: bring your lolita, I'll bring my new dress I just bought sence I don't have time to make any thing that is not all ready planned @_@ why do I do this to my self >_<;;;; Black white and pink always works with black white and green XD

Kisa
11-18-2003, 10:01 PM
And I'll just curl up in a corner and die.
Or find somewhere to take pictures in either Kingston or Sudbury. Go me.

Minakolabelle
11-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Or find somewhere to take pictures in either Kingston or Sudbury. Go me.

If you can't be there we can always cg in you later :D some one bring a laptop with a net connection so that Kisa can "be there" too :3

Infini
11-19-2003, 06:04 PM
It should be somewhere kind of in the middle of where everyone lives. The longest maximum driving time for my car is about 1 hour, so I can *possibly* make it to Toronto....
And it would be nice to have a place with a bridge and trees, too...

xiola
11-19-2003, 06:38 PM
... the middle of where everyone lives kind of IS toronto. :P unless you live northeast of here. because i know there's some people southwest of ontario (kitchener-waterloo, hamilton, guelph... 1-2 hours away) and some people even further northeast... (kingston, ottawa, etc?... 3-5 hrs)

:/

Mekou
11-19-2003, 07:11 PM
oooh I really like the idea of a winter photoshott! ^_^ Any month is fine for me.

And it's a great opportunity for me to make yet another costume. XD

Infini
11-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Basically I can go to toronto, but any further is beyond me (I hate living in cambridge.). So, Toronto sounds like the best plan for most of us... and if anyone in Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo needs a drive there I can help out...

soo... january/february time would be the best for most of us, since not many people like the idea of december...any ideas on a day/place? I haven't lived in Toronto for a while, so I don't know of any scenic parks or whatever we're looking for.
In any case, I can come whenever it is.

lainey
11-21-2003, 07:21 AM
high park is nice...and so is edwards gardens.

it's just too cold in jan/feb though O_O

Mage
11-21-2003, 08:36 AM
My first suggestion would be Kariya Park:

http://mississauga.ca/rec&parks/html/parks/KariyaPark/index.html

(also where I took pics of Xianghua, one of which is uploaded)

It's actually got quite a few nice little spots, including a bridge, but I'm not sure what it would look like covered in snow. So yeah, a) it's in Mississauga, not Toronto, b) it's probably somewhere to keep in mind for the spring, as opposed to the winter.

In Toronto, High Park's about the only place I know, though there are a bunch of nice little park scattered throughout the city.

Kia
11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
My first suggestion would be Kariya Park:

http://mississauga.ca/rec&parks/html/parks/KariyaPark/index.html

(also where I took pics of Xianghua, one of which is uploaded)

It's actually got quite a few nice little spots, including a bridge, but I'm not sure what it would look like covered in snow. So yeah, a) it's in Mississauga, not Toronto, b) it's probably somewhere to keep in mind for the spring, as opposed to the winter.

In Toronto, High Park's about the only place I know, though there are a bunch of nice little park scattered throughout the city.
WOW! That place is really beautiful. And to think that it's been there, right by Square One the whole time I've been living in Mississauga and I never even knew. It doesn't even look like it's in Canada, let alone in the core of the city. ^_^
Very Cool.

Sarcasm-hime
11-21-2003, 05:31 PM
High Park is really big, and as such has many photogenic spots. On my last jaunt thru it I noticed quite a few places that would be great for photos, like a cool latticework gazebo and fountain. *shrug*

lainey
11-21-2003, 08:24 PM
o that's the japanese garden...
i wanna go there one day ^_^

Infini
11-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Well....why don't we have two photoshoots then? One in winter, for those with warm costumes...and one in spring, when people can wear whatever they want.
I like the idea of mississauga! It's closer than toronto for me! ^^

Mekou
11-23-2003, 03:29 PM
>_> I really don't want to wear Sakura again but that's the only "warm" costume I have done. -o- I'll probably whip something out. =)

It doesn't matter to me where the photoshoot takes place as long as detail of the exact spot are given out. -o- I don't wanna go the location, not find anyone, then later find out they were in an area that I didn't check out >_>;;

nuriko001
11-23-2003, 06:28 PM
hehehe.. shin was a warm costume..:P

Chosuke
11-26-2003, 07:16 AM
I'll probably just wear Rakka's winter outfit , that would be warm.

Mage: I think Kariya park would be wonderful. they have a special snow viewing area.And its closer for me.

Ryukka
11-26-2003, 06:28 PM
January/February is best for me, as for location Toronto is best but I'd probably be able to get to McMaster seeing as my sister is there.

Winnie: What corse are you in there, and are you in Res? I didn't think McMaster's campus was small whenever I went to spend a weekend with my sister, I swear Moultin has some fungus in its walls @_@ out of the times that I've slept there, I got so sick with a sinus infection, almost everyone in that building is sick apparently.

Mage
11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Sarcasm-hime, what's High Park like in winter? I've only been there in mid-summer for the Dream in High Park and once in the fall.

Really, even though I brought up Kariya Park, I think I'd be as happy, if not more so, if it was in High Park because of the fact that it's more central and I think there'd be a bigger variety of backgrounds there. Kariya Park is really pretty, but it's all one theme and some people might think that limits their choices so far as what costumes would fit that environment.

McMaster...I probably wouldn't be able to get to. ^^; I think Toronto/Mississauga is as far as I'd like to venture. x_X;

Since I mentioned February partially because of reading week, I was wondering when the other university students here had their reading week? If it's all over the place, then there's no much point in waiting until February since we'll all be free different times anyway. =\ In that case, I'd favour January just because it would give people the option of having enough time to create a new costume before the photoshoot if they wanted to.

My reading week is February 23-27th, so any day between Saturday, the 21st and Saturday, the 28th (inclusive), I'd be free (unless something unforeseen comes up).

Kia
11-26-2003, 08:33 PM
My reading week is February 23-27th, so any day between Saturday, the 21st and Saturday, the 28th (inclusive), I'd be free (unless something unforeseen comes up).

I don't have my agenda handy right now but I think my reading week is the same.

Nyo_kun
11-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Toronto is usually the central meeting place for a lot of things, plus, with a day pass we can get to anything that we would want for photo taking. I mean, there's bridges and parks and gothic buildings and everything here, so why not?

heki-chan
11-27-2003, 10:58 PM
ryukka--im in commerce @ mac. n i live in woodstock :D its alrite here. i like the buildings. very funkay :D

I think ill be doing a photoshoot here during the christmas break. whenever i can get ahold of dreamkydd. we'll see :)

Minakolabelle
11-28-2003, 03:41 PM
You *live* in woodstock? *dies laughing* you don't live there you drive through it XD

*use to live there* >_>;;;;

heki-chan
11-30-2003, 09:15 PM
LOOOOL NoooOOooOO Woodstock-the-residence-at-mcmaster's-campus-in-hamilton

LOL

dani
12-06-2003, 12:47 AM
I'd LOVE to be in a photoshoot, because I never find someone to take pics so I end up doing it with the timer and the results are only so-so at best.

i'm in Toronto and my time preference for a meet is weekdays in business hours (9 to 5). It doesnt have to be ONE big crowd meeting, but small photo meeting of at least 3 people would be nice, and we could do several of those maybe at different places to get a variety of outdoor backgrounds.

Just an idea... please reply if interested

Ah: I live close to High Park

Dani

xiola
12-06-2003, 04:54 PM
i'm up for the photoshoot if it doesn't interfere with whatever job i end up getting... most people do have school/jobs though, so i don't think business hours would work that great for most people who want to go...

as for location, i don't have any preference except that personally anything you can get to on subway/streetcar is fine... also for people travelling from out of town, they'd need a way to get there. i still personally think toronto is better simply because it's possible for people to get here on their own and get around *in* the city, instead of requiring a car or complicated instructions.

the one thing i'd suggest is that hopefully there is a coffee shop or warm place close enough by that people can go in for a break if it's really cold... dying is bad :P and i get cold easily so if it's unusually cold or windy i probably won't go... i'm wimpy :P

Mage
12-06-2003, 05:19 PM
So...earlier the date suggested was December 20th. I wasn't planning on being around (I have an exam in Ottawa on the 22nd), but now that I'm getting a drive home, I could leave a little later than planned and stick around until early afternoon on the 20th.

Even if it's not the big official winter photoshoot, if anyone wants to get together on the 20th to take pictures in High Park (or another place in the area), I'd be up for it. ^_^

High Park, at least, has a lot of little shops nearby (well, along the border of the park)...I personally think we should crash the Swiss Chalet or similar locale after the photoshoot to weird out the locals. :P If it's on a weekend, the TTC is a much better public transit alternative to trying to get anywhere in Mississauga (and probably Hamilton).

Anyone think it'd be fun to go ice skating at Toronto City Hall in costume sometime? XD Before anyone asks...yes, I know I'm deranged..it's the studying, I tell you. ~_~;;;

dani
12-06-2003, 05:37 PM
most people do have school/jobs though, so i don't think business hours would work that great for most people who want to go...

I do have a job too. But have some flexibility in my schedule. The good thing about business hours is that the kid is in school. Ah!: don't forget that we loose daylight before 5PM this time of the year.

as for location, i don't have any preference except that personally anything you can get to on subway/streetcar is fine...

The north part of High Park is by the subway line, and the south is covered by the streetcar. I actually like the south part better, with it's own small lake and only one block away from the lakeshore/beach of lake Ontario.

the one thing i'd suggest is that hopefully there is a coffee shop or warm place close enough by that people can go in for a break if it's really cold...

I'm sure something can be arranged. When people want to spend money this city doesnt miss the chance.

The idea I was trying to put in my previous message is that the difficulty of deciding a time and a place for a meeting grows exponentially with the amount of people who wants to participate. So WHILE a big meeting is being worked out, we could simultaneously look for time&place matches for smaller groups. It doesnt have to be only ONE shoot.

Seeyou

Dani

Kia
12-06-2003, 10:08 PM
I do have a job too. But have some flexibility in my schedule. The good thing about business hours is that the kid is in school. Ah!: don't forget that we loose daylight before 5PM this time of the year.

Then the photoshoot should be on a saturday at around 12pm, or, if we're planning alot of people even as early as 10 or 11am. That way, is we're lucky we'll have a good 3 or 4 hours of day light left. Problem with business hours is that if the "kids" are the ones turning up for the photoshoot they won't be there either. I'm not a kid, but I can guarentee you that I'll either be in class or working on a production during those hours during the week in the new year. Not sure how many other people have that problem though...

The idea I was trying to put in my previous message is that the difficulty of deciding a time and a place for a meeting grows exponentially with the amount of people who wants to participate. So WHILE a big meeting is being worked out, we could simultaneously look for time&place matches for smaller groups. It doesnt have to be only ONE shoot.

Which is why I think we should pick a date and time for a few month in the future so what everyone has a decent oportunity to arange to be there, and stick to it. If we keep flopping around on the date right up until the actual photoshoot it may never happen. and if anyone knows a photographer, bring them along, that way we hopefully won't all have to be hanging around waiting for a single person to take everyone's pictures. ^_^
Again, this is only my opinion, and it's usually flawed. ^_^

Kaijugal
12-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Anyone think it'd be fun to go ice skating at Toronto City Hall in costume sometime? XD Before anyone asks...yes, I know I'm deranged..it's the studying, I tell you. ~_~;;;

I'd go with ya WhiteMage. :)

Nyo_kun
12-07-2003, 06:49 AM
So things are finally decided?

Kisa
12-07-2003, 12:58 PM
You're not deranged Mage... I would go with you in costume, if I lived in T.O...
As i'm all on my own for cosplay now in kingston, I don't have ANYONE to dress up with for random sillyness :(

Mekou
12-07-2003, 01:16 PM
>> Even if it's not the big official winter photoshoot, if anyone wants to get together on the 20th to take pictures in High Park (or another place in the area), I'd be up for it. ^_^

=O I'm up for it! ^o^ But I also have a DSOA meeting to attend that day. X.X ;_; Gyah...I'd really love to join ya too. ^^

Oselle
12-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Aiee...I'm buggering off to Alberta to spend the holidays with my family as the of 18th, so I won't be around. Poooh, it'd be a great chance to get some fun winter shots of Eowyn, too.

Guess I'll stick to dressing up and...erm...prancing around in my living room, I suppose.

Have fun tho! Perhaps a photoalbum could be established so that we could all see the pictures (or at least, the good ones) that result?

Kia
12-07-2003, 08:15 PM

Only costume I have at the moment is my Rogue... which I think I would freeze in if I tried to go outside in this weather in it... but I'll turn up just to be a fan girl though! ^_^

dani
12-07-2003, 09:55 PM
It looks like my time available is different than everybody elses... Hey.. I'm used to being different... why stop now?

But if by any sheer chance, somebody from the Toronto area has a weekday available for a photo-meet ... please gimme a shout. I even have my own camera :)

Seeyou

Dani

nyamiko_chan
12-07-2003, 11:18 PM
<3 If I had a costume that wasn't looking all ghetto I'd come to the photoshoot ^_~ and skating X3

I can't wait to have Kana for MAC-TAC ^_^;;

Infini
12-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I'll come for skating and pictures! I just finished my Inuyasha costume, which is very warm! All I need to do is grow my nails and get contacts. Is this 'mini' photoshoot/skating thing going to be on the 20th? If so, where is everyone meeting? I would like to meet somewhere (warm) that I can get changed into my costume (since it would be difficult to wear the whole thing for a 1-2 hour driving trip.) I have completely flexible work hours (I can work whenever I want to), so a time for the mini meet would be up to people who have schedules.

I think a bigger meet should be held in february/march time. It is still snowy then, but people will have more time to prepare and decide on a definite day and time.

Chosuke
12-08-2003, 06:30 AM
Augh, won't be there then.
My flight's on the 20th, have a good time though.

Kisa
12-08-2003, 07:09 PM
I'm going up North on the 20th (or slightly earlier)
Also, I don't have skates, so there woudln't be staking for me anyway.
Well, I'll just take pictures at home all by myself I suppose...
T_T

Mage
12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Nya...I'm still thinking we'd be planning the big shoot in the neighbourhood of January/February...

I wasn't thinking that we'd go skating any time soon, as I don't even know if it's cold enough yet for the skating rink to be open. I don't own skates either, so I'd be renting them...lol. I haven't owned skates since I was...err...hmm...9, I think? I don't remember. ^_^;;;

If we do it in February and it's either one of the weekends surrounding my reading week, I could give you a ride at least one-way, Kisa...if my dad decided to drive me, that is. >_<;;;

If some day other than the 20th works better for other people, then by all means move it...I was just saying that I'm free that day so long as the photoshoot is early. I have medical-related stuff (doctor, orthodontist, etc.) all of the 18th-19th.

If people can make it on the 17th, then maybe Dani can make it too? Since then it'd be a weekday? And where *would* people like to meet? I'm not very familiar with Toronto. Aiya, this is starting to become last-minute.

Infini
12-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Last minute it is....why not just hold off and plan something permanent for February that might include skating and a photoshoot (?). I'm really just desperately looking for an excuse to wear my Inuyasha costume asap. Last-minute things usually don't work very well at all, and no one lives in Cambridge, or near Cambridge, and if they do, they probably don't want to have me following them around in costume. Ha ha ha. I wish I had local cosplay friends.

-Infini

Mekou
12-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Skating..<_< oi...most likely I'd spend the entire time either on my butt or n my face >.< *can't skate*

Minakolabelle
12-10-2003, 05:29 PM
no one lives in Cambridge, or near Cambridge, and if they do, they probably don't want to have me following them around in costume. Ha ha ha. I wish I had local cosplay friends.

I live in Kitchener.

Kaijugal
12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Last minute it is....why not just hold off and plan something permanent for February that might include skating and a photoshoot (?). I'm really just desperately looking for an excuse to wear my Inuyasha costume asap. Last-minute things usually don't work very well at all, and no one lives in Cambridge, or near Cambridge, and if they do, they probably don't want to have me following them around in costume. Ha ha ha. I wish I had local cosplay friends.

-Infini

I'm up for the feburary plan. Why not just make it the first weekend then? That would give us all time to prepare. I have a reasonably priced skate rental right down the street from me, so I'd be willing to pick up some pairs for people. :)

Infini
12-10-2003, 10:18 PM
That sounds good to me. First Saturday of february (is that the 7th?).

So now, where is this going to be, and what are we going to do at what time? Skating and photos seem to be decided on, too.

I guess noon is probably a good time to start for most people? It gives those of us who have to drive a while time to get there without being zombies. Is there a place near a skating area, a park, somewhere to eat/stay warm and somewhere to change into costume? Or is this asking too much? I don't know Toronto that well anymore.

-Infini
(Kitchener is nice. I'd like to live up there because there are stores that sell anime. Cambridge doesn't have a single one, which is kinda sad. Let me know if you want a drive to the skating/photoshoot thing if you're going, Minakolabelle!)

Lafiel
12-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Feb is good for me!

Chosuke
12-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Feb is WAY better for me too!

Ariati
12-11-2003, 06:48 AM
Febuary the 7th? That works for me :D And it gives me lots of time to figure out how to get to there from where ever I happen to be that weekend ^_^;

Brita_Lee
12-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I have an idea! *smartness smartness* How about peoples meet in different places? Like, a group of people nearest to one city go there and then other peoples closetes to other city go there! Then it be like a simoultaneous(sp) photoshoot. Then just putties them together on da website thingy! Whee hee! I like photoshoot idea, but I live in Grimsby, which is about a 15-20 minute drive from Hamilton. It's just an idea of course, but I dunno, it helps the location situation and time managment and what not.

Da da no da! Whee heee hahahahaha! (I can't beleive what a granola bar with chocolate chips can do to me, I didn't have breakie, maybe that's it, man I'm messed today!!!)

Mage
12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Nya...the first weekend in February's the only weekend that I *won't* be in town that month. lol Oh well, we'll see how it pans out. *shrug* ^_^

angelcosmos
12-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Hmm may be there should be a poll thread to decide where the winter photoshoot will be? ^_^; Can you make polls...? ^x^;

Kia
12-13-2003, 07:34 AM
I think whoever started the thread can choose to add a poll...

Infini
12-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I think seperate photoshoots would be a good idea if there were a whole bunch of us (as in over 50 people,) but with the small amount that will be available for february it's best to have it in one place and try to carpool the people out of town if they live nearby. Speaking of that... if anyone in the Cambridge/K-W area (or an easy to find place near the 401 west from here to TO) needs a drive up, I can take up to 3 people. My car is a bit funny, but it has made the trip to toronto twice so it should be fine..
_

-Infini

Edit: Why is it that 99% of the messages I post seem to kill the entire thread they are posted in?