PDA

View Full Version : Video Gaming cosplay group

katchoo
10-24-2002, 10:44 PM
Hi ^_^ I am currently working on a gaming site geared towards female gamers. The name of it is GamingAngels.com. I would also like to start a Cosplay Group that would mainly cosplay video games. If you are interested please contact me *either here or at katchoo24@aol.com*. If I get a few interested people, then we can start planning. I'm from socal, but not everyone has to be from socal.

love,
katchoo ^_^

ZiggyB
10-24-2002, 10:46 PM
I'm assuming all your members would be female too? :(

Someone told me, to my surprise actually, all of my costumes are from video games. It just sorta happened that way without any consious effort. :)

katchoo
10-24-2002, 10:52 PM
lol...hehe..no all the members don't have to be female. I just thought that this group would be a great way to promote cosplaying to more of the video game population. ^_^

btw.. i remember seeing you at Animagic...I was too shy to talk to anyone. *blush*

Jinx
10-25-2002, 01:54 AM
Oooh, I'm interested. I don't have much time to game anymore... ;_; But I do try and squeeze it in, and I have a bunch of game cosplay coming up. ^-^

katchoo
10-25-2002, 10:37 AM
hehe I understand the lack of time to play video games!! I have kingdom hearts just waiting for me to get to it!

Oh, and you are from phoenix! *I went to UofA* I will post some details about the group here later. I'll also post an area of the website that you can goto so you can sign up, and so all the group members *hehe need more peeps ^_^ * can input about which cons we are planning on and which games we want to group cosplay.

Also, I'll probably make a pics/member page for each member, so if you want to email me an "about me" page, and send any pics I'll post it. I have plenty of server room, so that's not a problem.

Glad to meet you and can't wait to get this group going!!
love,
katchoo ^_^

Celine
10-25-2002, 02:36 PM
I don't live anywhere near there, but I do almost all video game cosplays. And I'm hardcore #1 female game geek. XD I'd definitely be interested in more information about your group! And you should play Kingdom Hearts, it is AWESOME! ^_^

katchoo
10-25-2002, 03:33 PM
lol Nice to meet you Celine. ^_^ I know I want to play Kingdom Hearts, but I haaaave to finish my halloween costume! hehe That's what I get for procrastinating. I will post the link on how everyone can sign up tonight when I get home from work. If you want email me some pics and a profile page and I'll set you up.

Rosiel
10-25-2002, 03:43 PM
I live on the East coast myself, but I am always up for joining a group that meets up at cons for hall cosplay.

KuroBara
10-25-2002, 04:43 PM
*nods* I'm east coast too, but I definitely love cosplay & video games. My first video game cosplay is in progress right now.

Spooky Brew
10-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
*nods* I'm east coast too, but I definitely love cosplay & video games. My first video game cosplay is in progress right now.

As mine as well, I'm doing KH Squall (such a hottie...)
Rosiel I love your avatar! (so pretty!)

katchoo
10-25-2002, 05:17 PM
Yes, this group would just be for Hall Cosplay and pics. Just nice to try and get a group that not only enjoys video games, but loves the outfits they wear too! hehe

katchoo
10-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Okay... so the site isn't done yet, but here's the address:
www.gamingangels.com. It will change drastically by Monday so check it out then.

In the meantime, I was thinking that maybe a good game to start out with would be Tekken 4 but do all the variation outfits. But I am open to lots of ideas. Maybe we can plan one hall cosplay for Anime Expo and another for the Baltimore con which is hopefully closer to people on the east coast.

Also I definitely would love to have up profiles of any video game characters you have cosplayed!

love,
katchoo ^_^

Jinx
10-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Katchoo24: Cool! I'm at NAU right now... originally I live in Phoenix.

I'm working on Xiaoyu's workout suit from Tekken 4 for AX03. ^____^ I'll send you some stuff for my profile...

ZiggyB
10-26-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by katchoo24
lol...hehe..no all the members don't have to be female. I just thought that this group would be a great way to promote cosplaying to more of the video game population. ^_^

btw.. i remember seeing you at Animagic...I was too shy to talk to anyone. *blush*

Cool. :) I'd love to join. :D

Aww, don't be shy. I'm actually really shy too (err, ignore the costume). I only knew one other person besides my roommate at AM. But then when I got there, I swallowed my shyness and got to meet lots of new people. :> Some of them still talk to me. :)

pakachu420
10-28-2002, 01:44 AM
hmm...perhaps i shall join your group at AX. im still thinking of being a tetris piece for a couple days.

Heather
10-29-2002, 07:41 AM
I'm on the east coast but I'd love to join~!!! Most of my cosplay has been/will be video gaming~! This sounds like a very cool project----

Should we send you any info if we want to join? Or post it here? Or what? ^_^

KuroBara
10-29-2002, 07:56 AM
Lol, which tetris piece? ^_~

I'm planning on Jean from Lunar 2 for Otakon 2003.

katchoo
10-29-2002, 10:27 AM
If anyone is interested please send me a profile and pics *if you have any* I will be creating the site this weekend. Why not now? Because I have procrastinated and my halloween costume is still not finished! hehe

My email address is katchoo24@aol.com or *because I am getting dsl* email me at tschwim@hotmail.com

thanks,
katchoo ^_^

PS: also if you are going to Anime Expo and interested in doing a Hall cosplay please let me know! ^_^

Ranma Saotome
10-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Rival Schools / Project Justice / CvS 2: Kyosuke Kagami. ^^

Heather
10-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Do you want us to send you cosplay pictures? Normal pictures or both? ^_^ (I know I have too many questions. >_<)

katchoo
10-30-2002, 03:23 PM
lol...questions are good. If you want to send me a normal pic for your profile, that's up to you, but all cosplay pics for video games are welcome!!!

love,
katchoo ^_^

Heather
10-31-2002, 06:46 AM
Cool~ I'll send a normal picture for my profile. LOL~ and then I'll have to gather all of my cosplay pictures together. Thank you!

pakachu420
11-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
Lol, which tetris piece? ^_~

I'm planning on Jean from Lunar 2 for Otakon 2003.

*shrugs*
i think i'm gonna make the T-shaped piece

Alaria
11-06-2002, 07:59 PM
::::laughs:::: a Tetris piece?? orororo, if u do, I can't wait to see...
Katchoo, is it going to encompass all areas of video games: ie racing, fighting rpg, etc? If all are welcome, I'd love to join u at AX. ....can't link to site, though :(

ZiggyB
11-06-2002, 11:14 PM
katchoo24: I have lots of pictures on my site, just hit the www below. They are almost all in costume... um if you want I can probably find a "normal" picture. :)

I'll be there at AX next year, so I'll see you there. I'm in a skit for the Masq actually. XO

Michi
11-07-2002, 10:48 AM
Mwaha! Video game cosplay group! (I never visit the spam board, go me!) *TACKLE* The majority of my costumes and ideas seem to be game costumes.. because I'm obsessive, and have been since I was about four years old. XD I've only got lots of anime costumes showing up 'cause of my recent manga fixation..

Anyway, after that unecessary ramble... I'm interested. I think. Yay!

<--- has been up all night. -.-

SailorAndromeda
11-07-2002, 11:46 AM
A game group, huh? sounds cool ^^
I've already done two game costumes, Female Summoner from FF Tactics, and Princess Zelda from Ocarina of Time. I live on the East coast and only go to Otakon right now, but I'm interested in joining!
I also have at least one game costume planned for this summer.
I'll try and email ya at some point or something ^^, although my costumes can be found on my site. But if it makes your job easier, I can email you, let me know!
~*liz*

KuroBara
11-07-2002, 02:44 PM
*points to Sailor Andromeda's Evila avatar*

Umm...isn't that a game costume too?

^_~

SailorAndromeda
11-13-2002, 01:20 PM
LOL, um, yes. I was half asleep and forgot, hehe
That's Evila from Space Channel 5. So then I've done 5 (3, sir!) game costumes ^^
~*Liz* (I'm awake now, really I am..)

Sami
11-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Katchoo, what a very cool idea! :) I too am on the East coast, and traveling to the West coast right now seems very slim for me.. ^^; But I'd like to help out! I've already done a few girl game costumes (Kidd, Squall *retch* -_-), but I'm always looking to plan something new.. ^___^

Malon
11-20-2002, 06:00 PM
*catches undivided divided attention*

KURO BERA!! I LOVE YOUR SIG AND AVATAR!! THE LAST UNICORN ROCKS!!!

back to the real stuff:
I'm interested. East coast. but don't count on me for being alive untill next week.

Jinx
11-25-2002, 12:02 AM
When will there be stuff on the website, btw?

katchoo
11-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Hopefully this week! I'll have lots of time because of the holidays. My brother finished the new layout, so now i have to implement it. I'll send out a notice when it's done!!

Sami
11-25-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm going to send my stuff to you today, really! @___@ Although I won't have any good pictures until next week (I'm retaking a few in my apartment, woohoo!).. but yeah, hopefully by today. WAI!

katchoo
11-25-2002, 11:02 AM
yay!! hehe I'm so excited to see this really take a life of it's own. I've also had an idea of a patch or sticker to give to the first 25 people who are part of this site. But I am waiting on character designs first before I make it.

ZiggyB
11-25-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey katchoo, did you need me to do anything? I've like totally forgotten. :)

I have a web site for my video game costumes at:

http://www.divideby0.com/cosplay/

So far, all of my three costumes are from video games, Squall (FFVIII), Johnny (DDR), and Zack (DOA2: Hardcore)

If you needed pics or links. :)

Daala
11-25-2002, 12:06 PM
If you need any promo help, I'll post your site on my gaming site. ^_^

RS Net (http://www.projectjustice.com)