PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Group for A-kon

Pages : [1] 2

Araunah
11-18-2003, 10:13 PM
ok well i am going to a-kon i just got back from neko-con and well i am going as demon form sasuke from naturo.. and possible naturo on one day.. not sure yet.. i am just looking for people to do a naruto shoot.. there usually a lotta fun.

shin kurenai
11-20-2003, 03:14 AM
i might be gaara w/ white hair

Akari Hoshi
12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
I have a Naruto coming down with me...I'm not sure what day he's going to be Naruto. I'll let you know when I have the details.

Xais
12-27-2003, 05:33 PM
If I get around to it I might do either Mizuki or Iruka. But I have to focus on my desired costume. Taiitsu Shinjin. Since I'm going just to go and have not dedicated myself to a group I think I can do this!

Araunah
12-30-2003, 05:18 PM
ok well i am doing (a day of naruto) i am gonna make the pjs for the morning and the rest.. what i honest wanta do is a really cool cosplay but i need a sasuke, sakura, and a naturo. I am gonna be someone else for that.. but it isn't anyone that u would think of.. it would be really funny though.. and i was hoping i could get people

Cherry Boy
01-05-2004, 02:23 PM
I will proably be in my Shino Costume, and I might have Orochimaru done by then.

baku_neko
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm going as Sasuke and I have some friends that are going as Gaara (maybe, not sure yet), Sakura, and Kakashi. We're still looking for our Naruto...

Xais
02-01-2004, 01:11 AM
I think I want to see if I can't get a Momochi Zabuza costume or Naruto himself.. though I'm a bit tall for Naruto himself.. Man I'd give anything to be twelve again...

ayanamilisa
02-13-2004, 12:57 PM
well i'm going as lee! haha i love lee. I already am almost done got the leg
warmers and green jumpsuit and headband. i also bought black felt for
the eyebrows. I'm going to attach them with spirit gum i'll just put it on
a little above my eyebrows. it they will be so big it will work outfine :D
I'm also buying a wig probably a flapper or beatles wig
I need to make a ninja pack for the thigh any ideas?

why? lee rock rules!
and no one wants to be him...and no
one has done it rightyet :D

accelagirl
02-14-2004, 10:50 AM
i'm going as Hinata, though i might have Orochimaru done by then as well (most likely not, as i have two other evil expensive outfits to do) but i have two friends going as Rock Lee, and another going as TenTen, and a Sasuke if that helps o_o

so i'm going to be that blind hinata stumbling around for a while~ :) if you don't see me, i'll most likely run into you ^-^

Dave
02-14-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm going as Sasuke alone ;_;

HuongStar
02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
My bf is going to be Zabuza and Asuma/Kakashi (depending on whether or not he wants to shave) and my little sister is going to be Sasuke. I'll have Haku and Gaara, possibly Orochimaru if my Tsunade comes.

I love all the characters! ^_^

Araunah
02-19-2004, 04:50 AM
Well, I kinda changed my mind, I am going to do naruto on saturday, ALL DAY, in the morning I am gonna have the cute lil panda hat on and run arround in boxers or something, after noon full custom, later I am going to have the jacket tied arround my waste with a tight black shirt on (first episode painting the faces on things) at night I am gonna be naturo after he got the crap kicked out of him.

baku_neko
02-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Well our Kakashi has now changed his mind. He wants to be Gai. Which is make more sense anyhow since he looks just like him. And we found a Naruto! ^_^

RuthlessJS
02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
I am thinking about cosplaying as the Second Hokage or a black cloaked ANBU.

Xais
02-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Well since it seems my Neck cleaving knife won't be finished in time for A-con I'm looking at either Kiba, Kankarou, or Neji. I'm just trying to figure out which one I could pull off best... Suggestions would be a blessing!

baku_neko
02-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Well since it seems my Neck cleaving knife won't be finished in time for A-con I'm looking at either Kiba, Kankarou, or Neji. I'm just trying to figure out which one I could pull off best... Suggestions would be a blessing!

Hmm...do Kankuro. No body ever cosplays as him. You'll stand out in the crowd of Naruto cosplayers. ^_^

HuongStar
02-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Yeah, but there are very few that can pull off Kankuro. I vote for Neji!

baku_neko
02-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, now that I've looked at your profile pic and your gallery....I take back the Kankuro, only because what HuongStar says is true. He is hard to pull off.

I think you should be Kiba.

It's an easy costume really. All you have to do there if sew some fur onto a hooded sweat shirt. The rest is just buying stuff. And you get to wear fangs! ^___^

Gandaulf3
02-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Well if I don't manage to get my akabane costume done I'm going to go as kakashi, if I do do him I'll even have the sharingan eye.

baku_neko
02-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey Gandaulf3! I remember you from animefest 03! You did that skit as Goku and talked about how violence was wrong. Funny stuff! ^_^

Gandaulf3
02-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Yea that's me, oh and don't worry even though I'm actually making a serious costume for a-kon there is still going to be a goku cosplay skit. And this time it won't be something I came up with in like 30 min, ^-^

Xais
02-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks you guys now its just between Kiba and Neji... Of course as with any costume I want to do everything down to the letter but for the life of me I cannot figure out what is on Neji's head! It has buckles! It can't be hair .... Getting the white contacts shouldn't be prob but still... Maybe I'll just make both costumes and go from there...

Digital Blush
02-29-2004, 09:12 PM
hey Araunah we're looking for a naruto. i'm going to be sasuke and hinata. in our group we have a kakashi, another sasuke, orochimaru, and a gaara. we're going to maybe join up with another group but not sure yet but maybe you can join up with us it be fun.

Scortia
03-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I was considering Anbu-version Kakashi but I think he'll come out for Oni-con in Houston instead. ;p I never see Anbu-version and it is tres sexy so that is my goal. ;p I'm a little too much like Kakashi too. ^^;;;

Dave
03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks you guys now its just between Kiba and Neji... Of course as with any costume I want to do everything down to the letter but for the life of me I cannot figure out what is on Neji's head! It has buckles! It can't be hair .... Getting the white contacts shouldn't be prob but still... Maybe I'll just make both costumes and go from there...

It's actually a combination of his headband and his hair. His headband is black, and the only difference between his and the rest of the leaf ninja's is that it has a buckle belt dangling from it. His hair is long, black, and the headband keeps it from covering his face, but because it's black, it blends in with his headband.

Radical Urd
03-09-2004, 11:39 PM
I always wanted to d Anko but seem t have a problem finding a full fishnet body stocking..... but i'll probably do Sexy no Jitsu on Sunday

Madrox
03-10-2004, 01:41 AM
I'll be there as Neji.

Xais
03-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks Dave! Yeah I figured it out a little bit ago butI am half done on my Kiba costume so I'll just go as Kiba.

HuongStar
03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
I always wanted to d Anko but seem t have a problem finding a full fishnet body stocking..... but i'll probably do Sexy no Jitsu on Sunday

Fishnet bodystockings are all over eBay. :)

baku_neko
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks Dave! Yeah I figured it out a little bit ago butI am half done on my Kiba costume so I'll just go as Kiba.

Yay! Kiba! ^_^

Are you gonna have an Akamaru with you? ^___^

Xais
03-11-2004, 12:42 PM
You know it! Just got him off ebay.. heres a pic of him!

baku_neko
03-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey! You were the guy who won that! I was watching it with interest, wasn't gonna bid though....congrats though on winning!

Xais
03-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks... I dunno who it was that was fighting against me but I was NOT gonna loose out on having Akamaru. That will just help kick the crap out of other peoples attempts and make me a better Kiba!

HuongStar
03-12-2004, 08:31 AM
WOW!! Who made that or is it a custom plush?

I think my boyfriend and I are doing ANBU on another day too. He's just so obsessed with Naruto now, it's not even funny.

baku_neko
03-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Oh! ANBU! Cool!

There need to be like 20 ANBU roaming around the main floor....that would be cool. And the Orochimaru could show up and then they all attack him!

Ah...too much sugar.....

><

Scortia
03-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Creepy... o.o Anbu everywhere... there's a slim chance I'll have Anbu-version Kakashi but it's more likely gonna premiere at Candy Hearts 3 or Oni-con. ;-; The perfect Kakashi wig is like $40.. *cries*

ZakuKitty
03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I'll be going as Zaku on Friday(the sound genin with the holes in his hands) and Gaara on Saturday because my friends dared me to. If I have enough time, I'll be going as Kazekage on Sunday. ^^

I'll have a Kankuro, Temari, Anko or Kabuto, Rock Lee, and Sexy no Jutsu.

Madrox
03-15-2004, 09:59 PM
We gotta pick out a place to meet up and stuff. Don't really need to this soon, but eventually.

baku_neko
03-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, get a huge group photo of everyone's costumes. That'd be great.

ZakuKitty
03-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah that would rock. ^^ Photos! O_O

baku_neko
03-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I think Madox's idea is great! When it gets closer to June, let's set up a time and place to take pics! I guess the main lobby would be a great place to meet, but day and time are still undecided since we don't know when everyone is gonna get to the hotel.

Madrox
03-17-2004, 02:36 PM
I think Madox's idea is great!
Hey, there's an 'r' in there somewhere. :P

baku_neko
03-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey, there's an 'r' in there somewhere. :P

Opps, my bad..... ^_^

HuongStar
03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I tried to compile a list of all the A-kon Naruto cosplayers. If I made any mistakes, just let me know

Italicized denotes a "possible" costume

Araunah: Sasuke (demon form), Naruto
shin kurenai: Gaara (white hair)
Akari Hoshi: Naruto (friend of)
Xais: Kiba
Cherry Boy: Shino, Orochimaru (possible)
baku_neko: Sasuke, Zabuza, Sakura (friend of), Gai (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Gaara (friend of)
ayanamilisa: Rock Lee
accelagirl: Hinata, Orochimaru (possible)
Dave: Sasuke
HuongStar: Haku, Gaara, ANBU (possible)
Kentaro Oe: Zabuza (assassin & ANBU), Kakashi (sensei & ANBU), Asuma (possible)
Battousai Lam: Sasuke
RuthlessJS: 2nd Hokage (possible), ANBU (possible)
Gandaulf3: Kakashi
uchiha: Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi (friend of), Sasuke (friend of), Orochimaru (friend of), Gaara (friend of), Zabuza (friend of)
ZakuKitty: Zaku, Gaara, Shikimaru (possible), Kankuro (friend of), Temari (friend of), Anko (friend of), Kabuto (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Sexy no Jutsu (friend of)
Madrox: Neji

ZakuKitty
03-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm also cosplaying Gaara and possibly Kazekage as well.

I'm very tempted on doing Zaku on Saturday for the photo op now that I see I may be the only Sound ninja there. XD

Nice list. ^^

HuongStar
03-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm also cosplaying Gaara and possibly Kazekage as well.

I'm very tempted on doing Zaku on Saturday for the photo op now that I see I may be the only Sound ninja there. XD

Nice list. ^^

I figured it was about time we saw how many duplicates we would have for the photo op. :thumbsup:

It would be awesome to have a whole Sound group there (see attachment).

ZakuKitty
03-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Interesting color choices that they had on those costumes. :love:

I'm doing the anime colored one myself. I needs a Dosu and Kin! :lost:

HuongStar
03-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Interesting color choices that they had on those costumes. :love:

I'm doing the anime colored one myself. I needs a Dosu and Kin! :lost:

I think that picture was taken before the anime was released. You'll see many Japanese cosplayers with weird color choices but sometimes, that makes it all the more fun. XD

If I didn't already have to make costumes for three other people, I'd make a Dosu just for fun.

ZakuKitty
03-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I saw a picture of Zaku as a kitty hence my name. I was thinking about making the ears and the tail and putting them on in some of the pictures taken of me. :D

That would have been cool. I understand though. I want to do Kazekage but I'm helping other people with their props. x_x

My friend will be going as Dosu at Oni-Con in Houston so I'll get my Dosu eventually. ^^

Madrox
03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm gonna be there as Neji and stuff. Add me in.

baku_neko
03-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I tried to compile a list of all the A-kon Naruto cosplayers. If I made any mistakes, just let me know

baku_neko: Sasuke, Sakura (friend of), Gai (friend of), Gaara (friend of)
uchiha: Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi (friend of), Sasuke (friend of), Orochimaru (friend of), Gaara (friend of)
ZakuKitty: Zaku, Gaara, Kazekage (possible), Kankuro (friend of), Temari (friend of), Anko (friend of), Kabuto (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Sexy no Jutsu (friend of)

Might want to add a Zabuza to my name. My bro says he's gonna do it, but truth is he hasn't even started.... -_-''

Also, the guy who's gonna be our Gai has his younger cousin as Rock Lee.

Oh and my friend as Gaara is confirmed, so it doesn't need to be italicized. ^_^

Looks like a nice list. Nice mix of characters. ^_^

Digital Blush
03-19-2004, 11:55 PM
ah i'm so excited x) we should all do a photoshoot for sure! i cant wait. =D

ZakuKitty
03-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Me too. ^_^

I don't think I can do Kazekage at this con. I may do it at Oni-Con or Ushi-Con. I think instead I might do Shikamaru again in his place.

HuongStar
03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
List updated. :)

Digital Blush
03-22-2004, 09:23 PM

baku_neko: Sasuke, Zabuza, Sakura (friend of), Gai (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Gaara (friend of)
uchiha: Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi (friend of), Sasuke (friend of), Orochimaru (friend of), Gaara (friend of)
ZakuKitty: Zaku, Gaara, Shikimaru (possible), Kankuro (friend of), Temari (friend of), Anko (friend of), Kabuto (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Sexy no Jutsu (friend of)

I have a correction. Instead of the Rock Lee in my group of friends he's going to be Zabuza. Sorry for the change. :B

HuongStar
03-23-2004, 09:17 AM
I have a correction. Instead of the Rock Lee in my group of friends he's going to be Zabuza. Sorry for the change. :B

Whoops! I never even had the Rock Lee to begin with! :thumbsup: Changes made.

Madrox
03-24-2004, 12:21 AM
You know, I should probably start messing with my costume pretty soon and not procrastinate a lot.

ZakuKitty
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
:bigtu: Good idea. ;)

Takura
03-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Ill also be going as Sasuke.. Anyone wanna help me out with his hair? Im kinda clueless...

HuongStar
03-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Updated List

If I made any mistakes, just let me know. Italicized denotes a "possible" costume.

accelagirl: Hinata
uchiha: Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi (friend of), Sasuke (friend of), Orochimaru (friend of), Gaara (friend of), Zabuza (friend of)
ZakuKitty: Zaku, Gaara, Kazekage, Shikimaru (possible), Kankuro (friend of), Temari (friend of), Anko (friend of), Kabuto (friend of), Rock Lee (friend of), Sexy no Jutsu (friend of)
Takura: Sasuke
BlaznRoarn: Dosu

Digital Blush
03-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Ill also be going as Sasuke.. Anyone wanna help me out with his hair? Im kinda clueless...

ooo me too. my friend suggested we straighten our hair first then spike it up in the back with hair glue. though i need help. i've never used a straightener :P i might burn mah hand. maybe i can help you. we should all help each other o_O!

ZakuKitty
03-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Good luck with the hair! ^^ I look forward to seeing that work out. Ah...the joys of the hair straightener. You might want to get up sort of early and use A LOT of hair gel.

I had a hit of inspiration while watching episode 76 of Naruto. I might actually do Kazekage after all and do the outfit that he wore in the past. o0 I can wear the same wig for him that I do for Gaara. XD

Gandaulf3
03-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Yea I will officially be doing kakashi.

ZakuKitty
03-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Sweet. The more Kakashi the better. ^^And btw: Sorry to have you edit that list again but I am officially doing Kazekage after all after seeing episode 76. I don't think people will recognize me unless they have seen it but I'll be one of the first cosplaying him so heh. ^______^

BlaznRoarn
03-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Im going to cosplay as Dosu. I did it at animefest last year. So i will bust that out. The problem is the head part is way to hot. My friend may do haku again as well.

here's a pic from animefest (btw i forgot to put my fur on for the pic)....
ftp://t501:11223344@webpages.charter.net/Thadni/dosu%20pose,%20no%20fur...........JPG

ZakuKitty
03-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Thank god! ;_; I can have my Dosu!

<----Zaku

Great cosplay by the way. I'm impressed. ^^

Digital Blush
03-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Thank god! ;_; I can have my Dosu!

<----Zaku

Great cosplay by the way. I'm impressed. ^^

man now i want to cosplay Kin just for you but i dont have the money or time. =( i havent even started my sasuke costume or my boyfriends cause i'm lazy XD i better start soon!

HuongStar
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Im going to cosplay as Dosu. I did it at animefest last year. So i will bust that out. The problem is the head part is way to hot. My friend may do haku again as well.

here's a pic from animefest (btw i forgot to put my fur on for the pic)....
ftp://t501:11223344@webpages.charter.net/Thadni/dosu%20pose,%20no%20fur...........JPG

Come on guys!! We're only one away from having the whole Sound team!

List updated.

ZakuKitty
03-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Somebody do Kin. ;_;

Speaking of which, are we going to decide who does what costume on Saturday or is that really up to us? I was going to go as Gaara on Saturday but I'm more leaning towards Zaku now that I know he most likely will not be done. :dance:

BlaznRoarn
03-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Im doing dosu on saturday, friday i just wanna chill and walk around.

HuongStar
03-29-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm betting the groups are going to be splintered. I will have at least two Naruto costumes and I know many others plan on wearing other costumes on Friday & Saturday. Once we get closer to the convention (and closer to costume completion), we will decide on a convenient meeting time for photo opportunities.

Is anyone else surprised that there are going to be no Itachi cosplayers?

ZakuKitty
03-29-2004, 03:11 PM
There is somebody on the A-Kon board on the official website claiming that they will be an Itachi and another doing Orochimaru.

:jjacks: :jjacks: :jjacks:

I will most likely do Zaku on Saturday then if you are going to be doing Dosu.

accelagirl
03-29-2004, 03:12 PM
i'm more shocked about the absence of Jiraiya~~! (noooooo~~~ ;n;)

'tis hard to pull off Itachi... feminine, yet manly... beautiful, yet scares-the-hell-out of everyone~

(oh, i'm going to rule out the Orochimaru outfit for this convention, simply because of time and money [and a school fashion show also sucking out resources])
--
ps.~ twiiinklee~~ check your messages ^0^/)

ZakuKitty
03-29-2004, 03:13 PM
If I had the time, I would do Jiraiya. *___*

HuongStar
03-29-2004, 04:46 PM
If my friend comes to A-kon with her Tsunade, my boyfriend and I will do Jiraiya & Orochimaru instead of the ANBU.

List updated.

(accelagirl: I replied!)

ZakuKitty
03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Sweet. :skidude2:

Digital Blush
03-30-2004, 06:37 PM
yeah this is awesome we like have the whole cast or something now :D who are we missing? :Thinks: Is anyone TenTen? :gasp!: some other people too. bleh

ZakuKitty
03-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Somebody on the A-Kon forum on the official site said that they would have a TenTen. :D

HuongStar
03-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Gahh.... if I'm Orochimaru, I'll need a Kimimaro too. :D

Digital Blush
03-31-2004, 08:09 PM
i had a random idea. i heard that akon is going to have like a pinic thingy at this park across the hotel or something like that. but like we could go have our pinic as a huge ass group whenever the pinic is .. then go to the mall just to hang out and get snacks or something just basically be a huge group walking around as ninja's. i would like to see peoples reactions to a bunch of ninjas walking around XD i'm odd.

ZakuKitty
03-31-2004, 08:51 PM
XDDD I'm always up for scaring people, especially if we all act in character, but I would have to see what my group is doing first. ;) What day is this thing(pinic?) on?

Gandaulf3
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Well as far as I know one of my friends is going to do Itachi for a-kon, they just came out with a color picture of him.

Digital Blush
03-31-2004, 10:33 PM
i think i heard the pinic was friday but i'm not sure if its for sure or not. we should get our whole photoshoot gang and just go to the mall (all 30 sum of us!) we couldnt get lost from each other because yeah.. we're the only ones wearing costumes.. probably? well unless other people go. but it'd be awesome we could have lunch there! and have this huge table filled with ninjas! :tear: joy..

BlaznRoarn
03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
watching dosu eat through wraps would be funny =)

ZakuKitty
03-31-2004, 11:15 PM
Can Zaku laugh at you? :drink:

Digital Blush
04-01-2004, 08:06 PM
man i wish i could be Kin to join you two =( to have the complete sound nin

ZakuKitty
04-01-2004, 08:28 PM
If you can't, you can't. It's the thought that counts.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Digital Blush
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah. hey i've just noticed my little costume info thing isnt working o_O

Takura
04-01-2004, 10:25 PM
lol I dont have enough hair to spike :p Was thinking about a wig maybe...

Digital Blush
04-01-2004, 10:48 PM
hmm i'm wondering how old are most of you :B I'm turning 17 on April 6th!

ZakuKitty
04-01-2004, 10:49 PM
<---20

Yes that's right. 20. :P

Xais
04-02-2004, 01:50 AM
23 as of may 20

ZakuKitty
04-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Hurray! I'm not the oldest!

:bigtu:
:jjacks:

baku_neko
04-02-2004, 10:20 AM
I turn 19 after A-kon...July 22. But till then I'm 18. ^_^

My Sasuke costume is almost complete! Just need to get bandages for my legs! Yay! ^_^

HuongStar
04-02-2004, 10:50 AM
22. I feel old.

Digital Blush
04-02-2004, 07:55 PM
nooooo i'm probably the youngest... T_T :sniffles: you old naruto cosplayers you.

ZakuKitty
04-03-2004, 01:50 AM
There's gotta be somebody who is younger than you going. >_>

:skidude2:

Digital Blush
04-03-2004, 09:47 PM
lol i know i was just kidding ^^ i'm going to be 17 soon yay! tuesday is the day!

ZakuKitty
04-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I'll make sure to say Happy Birthday when Tuesday comes around. :)

Xais
04-04-2004, 12:36 AM
I don't feel old. I feel like a big kid still with a lot of privliges.

Umino Lee
04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm going too! I'm one of Zaku-kitty's friends, if that helps me any... dun think it will. ;p I'm the Lee! or Dosu if I actually get it done, but that's a very low maybe. And I got a friend going as a random leaf ninja who's 16. I'm 18... But you prolly dun care about that. ^.^

ZakuKitty
04-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Hurray! Tis the Rock Lee of my group! ^___^

Umino Lee
04-05-2004, 10:03 PM
*pokes Zaku-kitty randomly*

Oi! I promise to do Gai for a little on one of the days if anyone wants me too. ^.^

Digital Blush
04-07-2004, 05:50 PM
yeah hi umino lee! xD

Xais
04-07-2004, 06:59 PM
That pic of Kakashi disturbs me in a new way I've felt only a few times before

ZakuKitty
04-07-2004, 08:30 PM
You think that's disturbing. She has another pic that I dare not speak of that frightens me. I have nightmares over it. ;_;

accelagirl
04-08-2004, 02:36 AM
*brr* i found the most disturbing ones of orochimaru while i was looking for outfit references at one point...

never search for the kana of orochimaru in google...

of course after further examination, i saved them as a desktop and proceeded to giggle and squeal over cutey cutey orochie

ZakuKitty
04-12-2004, 11:46 PM
One cannot help but adore Orochimaru fanart. :P

Madrox
04-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Sometime soon I shall work on my costume. Fo real.

Exclave
04-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Just ordered my sharringan contact lenses for my Itachi costume.

Scortia
04-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the boards... are you making cloaked Itachi, young Itachi, or Anbu Itachi?

ZakuKitty
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm not doing Shikamaru this time around or Kazekage. I don't have the time. :P

Instead I'm going to do female Kakashi, Umino Lee will be cosplaying female Sasuke, another friend of ours is doing female Naruto(the one that might be doing Sexy no Jutsu) and our male friend will be cosplaying male Sakura.

We will be Konoha's Angels. Fear us. :P

Gaara'sGirl
04-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey,
What conv. are ya'll going to be going to, like were at, cuz I'm going to the Atlanta, Georgia one this year and we need more Naruto cosplayers! So I was just wonderin'! Please reply A.S.A.P!
Thankz,
Sa-Tsuki
a.k.a.
Gaara'sGirl

HuongStar
04-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey,
What conv. are ya'll going to be going to, like were at, cuz I'm going to the Atlanta, Georgia one this year and we need more Naruto cosplayers! So I was just wonderin'! Please reply A.S.A.P!
Thankz,
Sa-Tsuki
a.k.a.
Gaara'sGirl

You replied to a thread in the A-kon forum but I think there is a thread for AWA in the "Other Conventions" forum.

Exclave
04-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll be going as cloaked Itachi. I'm not sure what his pants look like under the cloak, so I figure boxers will do :bigtu:

Dosu137
04-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Hay im new to the forum and even though im a noob i wanna go to A-kon as Dosu

*A Chibi Dosu basicly*

im 13 -_-

or a Kakashi

I got the headband i just like really need some help on like the Furry back for Dosu

ZakuKitty
04-15-2004, 10:02 AM
There is another guy on here doing Dosu as well as my friend Umino Lee on here but she will most likely not be cosplaying as him. She has done most of the back though. Ask one of them about it and I'm sure they will be happy to help. ^___^

Hmmmm the thought of a possible three Dosus frightens me. Kage Buushin indeed. o_O

BlaznRoarn
04-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I used faux fur and dbled it over, then spray painted it tan. If you plan on passing out or doing cosplay for 10 min than do dosu. Cause i can already tell ya a wrapped head in june in tx = death : ) . LOL when i did it in sept at anime-fest i only lasted 30-45 min. After takin 3 hours to wrap my head. Yes, 3 hours.

Heres 2 pics, one is new (with fur) and the other is the previous posted one (no fur). I need to find a pic of the sound gauntlet i made too.

http://webpages.charter.net/t501/Thadni/dosu%20pose,%20no%20fur..........png
http://webpages.charter.net/t501/Thadni/thad%20as%20dosu%20ready%20to%20go.png

accelagirl
04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I'll be going as cloaked Itachi. I'm not sure what his pants look like under the cloak, so I figure boxers will do :bigtu:

heart boxers! heart boxers!!

itachi in heart boxers~ *sniggers* :thumbsup:

Umino Lee
04-15-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm using raffia as my 'fur' on Dosu's back. You know, that straw like stuff in Hawaian Grass skirts.

Oi! I will be going as Gai, if only for a little. Along with Lee, and a female Sasuke for the naruto stuff.... Actually, I think we might have an Ochiomaru going for our group, but only on Saturday. We just gotta convince her.... *evil planning*

ZakuKitty
04-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Oh god! Your sig makes me cry, Lee! ;_; Why? :waaaah:

But the avatar is cool. XD

Yes. She shall be Orochimaru. :S

Dosu137
04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
after having a veyr long Discussion with Zaku i decided to be Shino and since Blazn gave me a warning about a Dosu cosplay i think ill be alive

ill be Shino

Guilty Neko
04-17-2004, 06:05 PM
With any luck I'll have my Haku costume by then. it would be really nive to find some people to pose with. o.o

Dosu137
04-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm this is a giant message board full of people

its also called www.cosplay.com

soo umm I think people are gonna pose with you

I know ill try to pose with ya

ZakuKitty
04-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I'd pose with ya. What days are you doing Haku?

accelagirl
04-18-2004, 02:01 AM
and if you did Jiraiya, i would have to rape you

er

i mean

hi!

Umino Lee
04-18-2004, 06:53 PM
HA! We WILL have an Ochiomaru! ^.^ She has agreed! XD

ZakuKitty
04-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Sweet. I can't wait to see that. ^___^

Digital Blush
04-18-2004, 07:59 PM
With any luck I'll have my Haku costume by then. it would be really nive to find some people to pose with. o.o

OMG! i'm going to hug you! Haku is beyond my most favorite character. T_T though i wonder why i didnt cosplay him. i'll take pictures with you ^^ i'm going to be sasuke and hinata. i'm not sure which day yet i cant pick if sasuke should be friday and hinata saturday or hinata should be friday and sasuke be saturday.. ehh i'll figure it out. T_T

Guilty Neko
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Iím still a cherry at this so Iím pretty much only going to have one costume all weekend. I know Iíll be in costume on Friday and Saturday during the day at least, though not as in late evening as I have to dress up as a cigar girl and sell crap more than likely.

How cute! I love Hinata, so I may end up hugging you as well Uchiha-san. Iíd really like to do a costume of her but Iím far too tall to be able to pull it off well.

ZakuKitty
04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Friday: Gaara
Saturday: Zaku and female Kakashi
Sunday: Chuunin Shikamaru

Have to squeeze Kouji from Digimon in there when they say when the photo shoot is. ^___^;;

That's all I got so far unless plans change. Can't wait to see everybody's costumes! ^^ This'll be a blast!

Dosu137
04-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Yes it will be

Kurai Kaze
04-19-2004, 09:44 AM
My main costume is gonna be Naruto. I'm up for any groups I can find with 'im since the rest of my troupe isn't up to cosplaying from that show. Not enough costumes of the show's title character, imo.

Umino Lee
04-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Friday: Lee and Gai
Saturday: Female Sasuke
Sunday: Female Alucard(hellsing)

And digimon whenever that photo shoot is. ^.^ Soooo... my schedule looks a lot like ZakuKitty's, but then there's a reason. ^.^

Guilty Neko
04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
*random*

You know, I keep reading all of this stuff about these different picnics everyone is having but the only one thatís happening around Dallas will be the EGL one. I want a picnicÖ we should have a picnic! A Naruto themed picnic. O.o

Umino Lee
04-19-2004, 09:35 PM
That would be cool! ^.^

ZakuKitty
04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Sweet! ^___^ What day do you have in mind? We could all bring something. :O

Guilty Neko
04-19-2004, 10:30 PM
HmÖ Friday might be best (less trafficked than Saturday and less dead than Sunday). A potluck would be cool, but it would be harder to organize. It might be better for us all to bring something to eat for our selves and a little bit extra like desserts or something to share. I would opt to find someplace inside to eat though as itís going to be a thousand degrees in June and sweating is no good. Any additional thoughts or ideas? I donít know the hotel at all so where do you guys think we should meet or have it.

Umino Lee
04-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately I don't know the area much either. Bringing our own food does sound cool, though the potluck sounds interesting too... mmmmm..... fooooooood.... *drools*

ZakuKitty
04-20-2004, 12:20 AM
I've never been to this hotel but I'm sure that there may be places we can eat. They might not appreciate us sitting in the middle of the room. :P

Guilty Neko
04-20-2004, 11:14 AM
I looked it over and if nothing else they have an indoor pool on the forth floor. I would imagine there would be tables there. *has no idea* I wonder if I should make a new thread about this so people would be sure to see it.

ZakuKitty
04-20-2004, 11:17 AM
If you plan on making it more than just Naruto then I would say go for it and hope that they do not delete the thread. If it is just Naruto people, we should make a point of promoting this idea. Personally the idea of going to the indoor pool area sounds great to me so long as guests are not going to be there. We might disturb them ._.

Guilty Neko
04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Wow, youíre fast! I guess Iíll just put a promo for it on my signature and hope for the best. *wonders why the picture isnít working on the board* anyway, I was thinking Iíd try to bring some brownies or maybe a pie to share.

ZakuKitty
04-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Sweet! Pie and other sweet things are always good :O Well I'll copy and paste whatever you put in your sig and I'll promote it too. ^___^

Umino Lee
04-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Oooooo..... I'd promote it too! ^.^

Digital Blush
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
yay! Umino Lee i didnt know you were the kouchi. :dances: i still need to get my wig so i can streak it for mimi and get those glitter stars and put them randomly in her hair. and i have yet to still make sasuke's shirt...two of them actually one for me and one for my boyfriend. also i'm making my sisters gaara costume(the new one from manga chapter 212) and her goard. :dies: wish me luck i still have to do all that and make three pairs of sandals and three pairs of head protectors i've decided that we're going to be unarmed @_@...meh

Digital Blush
04-20-2004, 07:31 PM
ooo i want to help out with the picnic too! i was planning on baking a bunch of stuff and bringing it with me anyway. i want to help. if its friday i might hinata that day. hehe :jumps up and down:

Guilty Neko
04-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Alright, does this seem reasonable to everyone?

ZakuKitty
04-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Looks good to me. I wish I knew the schedule for the con. Maybe it's up.

ZakuKitty
04-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Well I'm cool with the time thus far. ^___^ They don't have a schedule out yet.

Umino Lee
04-21-2004, 10:45 AM
If it's alright with ZakuKitty, It's alright with me! :bigtu:

Digital Blush
04-21-2004, 07:08 PM
thats ok with me too i'm probably going to get there thursday afternoon and friday i'm most likely going to be hinata so yeah. :P

Guilty Neko
04-23-2004, 03:51 AM
Alright, very cool. Iím starting to get really excited about all this, never instigated anything in my life. ^.^

Feel free to AIM me if something needs to be changed or if you just want to talk.

Scortia
04-23-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm very likely to make Naruto for A-kon if I find the time next month... just because I have the fabric and found the perfect wig already... my other two (ANBU Kakashi and Shikamaru) are for a little later.

ZakuKitty
04-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey, Scortia...were you at UshiCon? I think I recognize you from one of your pics in your gallery. I just want to know because I think Umino Lee took a pic of you. <_< Would be kind of cool if we had run into each other and didn't notice. :O

If you were then you might remember the Iruka and Shikamaru who were running around together...>_>

Scortia
04-23-2004, 09:35 PM
^_^ I was there. Ushicon is the best con ever. ^_^ I saw the Naruto group but believe-it-or-not I did not see Naruto until after Ushicon... I was just like "if this many people like it, it must be worth seeing" :P If you saw the skits I was in the Utena skit in the totally ghetto Akio costume (well it's not really ghetto but it's not much of a costume really ~_~;;)

ZakuKitty
04-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Awesome. Then I must have seen you. ^___^ Yes. It was very fun. Unfortunately I did not see the skits for me and my Iruka friend were absorbed in watching people play Naruto on GameCube. :O

We shall meet for real this time though. I'm so excited that I get to meet so many people. ^___^

Scortia
04-23-2004, 10:25 PM
yay ^_^ My friend plans to bring Hinata if she gets to go as well... I think she plans to hang on me the entire time ;p But yeah hoping for a huge group for Oni-con... just gotta twist my group into it... I'm psyched, we have members who have perfect appearances and personalities for Rock Lee (he works out during the cons... or he'll go spazzy if he doesn't ^^; ), Sakura, Itachi (except he isn't a killer to my knowledge ^^;;), Hinata, Kabuto, and I'll have Shikamaru and Kakashi for then and I'm a strange combo of their personalities... You're doing Shikamaru for Oni I see... he's fun for all the amusing poses he has, isn't he? :P

ZakuKitty
04-23-2004, 10:43 PM
I did Shikamaru for UshiCon. From my knowledge, I saw only one other and he wasn't that impressive. :P I am doing Chuunin Shikamaru at this con definitely but my main focus will be on cosplaying Zaku and Gaara...Zaku on Saturday since I assume I will be the only one. :P

That's cool. I have a big group of people doing their respective characters as well. ^___^

Scortia
04-24-2004, 10:41 AM
I'll be sure to find you. ^_^ Yeah I think you will be the only Zaku because Sound ninja get terribly overlooked for cosplay... how can anyone resist the urge to wear cowprint in a costume? ;p

ZakuKitty
04-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Indeed. ;) Cowprint rocks. :P

Umino Lee
04-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Cowprint! Of course, I get to find out how fun it is to be Dosu for Oni-con... O.o Our friend that is gonna be the female Naruto is gonna go as Kin for Oni-con too... I remember you, Scortia! You're costume was soooo cool! ^.^

Scortia
04-24-2004, 05:45 PM
I hope you mean my Yu~ki J-rock outfit... *hugs it* My favorite thus far. ;p You two need to make some cosplay.com image galleries so I can try to remember who you were at Ushicon ;p

ZakuKitty
04-24-2004, 08:04 PM
That's good idea. I need to find my good images though. I'm not that photogenic. :waaaah:

Xenocore
04-25-2004, 01:23 AM
HI :)
im new to this site, but i too am going to A kon and am going as kakashi, and my firiend is going as Haku.
i hope to see you all there, it will be fun!

Bamph
04-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Awesome. Then I must have seen you. ^___^ Yes. It was very fun. Unfortunately I did not see the skits for me and my Iruka friend were absorbed in watching people play Naruto on GameCube. :O

We shall meet for real this time though. I'm so excited that I get to meet so many people. ^___^

LOL! Naruto is your master! My and my friend scott got second place in that damned naruto tournament...Never go against asians when it comes to video games darnet. But yea, if you were watching people play naruto, you probably saw me and Scott. BTW...we went ahead and purchased a copy of our own...so maybe we'll win the next naruto tournament.

ZakuKitty
04-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Sweet. I forget what characters you were using. ;_; Yeah I must have seen you guys then. I would probably lose in that tourney. I'm not great or anything. Are you going ot bring your copy of the game in case they don't have one? I don't know if they are having a tournament or not. ^^ I hope that they do.

Umino Lee
04-25-2004, 10:47 PM
NARUTO FIGHTING GAME!!!! XD God I love that game... :love:

If you want my pics, here: http://www.fansub.info/cosplay/viewprofile.php?u=365 The one I took a pic of you as was the Iruka cosplay.

This is ZakuKitty: http://www.fansub.info/cosplay/viewprofile.php?u=364 Her's would be the Shikamaru pic.

:bigtu:

ZakuKitty
04-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Geez those pics are embarassing. :O

Guilty Neko
04-26-2004, 07:19 AM
So cute! XD That vest is so nice lee-san. It looks really complicated too.

baku_neko
04-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Picnic sounds cool to me. ^_^

I'll tell my friends.

Hehe, I have the Naruto 2 (the one with alot of characters, unlike the first one) fighting game for GameCube....

I am a master of the Sharingan Sasuke and Rock Lee characters. ^_^

It's addictive. Anyone play the Shadow Clone mode? Great way to pass time...hehehe....

ZakuKitty
04-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm getting pretty good with Shikamaru, Neji, and regular Sasuke. I'm not a master though .__.

Digital Blush
04-26-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm ok with Sharingen Sasuke and Haku x) my boyfriend is bringing his Gamecube game let the battles begin @_@ :Shifty eyes, tomoyo laugh:

baku_neko
04-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Awesome! I'm bringing my Cube too, maybe we could set up two games going at once, so everyone can have a chance to play? I guess we'll need to come up with a turn system too...can't have people hogging the game controllers. ^_^

What my friends and I usually do is sit down on the couch (or floor, whatever is there), in an order (like a line of sorts), and we have the first 4 in 'line' play. Then the winner stays while the other 3 go to the end of the 'line', and the next 3 come up. Make sense to you all? It works good for us. Before we had a system, we had some controller hogs...hehehe....I was one of them...^_^

Oh this is so exciting! I can't wait to meet you all!

ZakuKitty
04-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Sweet, If we set up two Cubes you realize that none of us will be doing any con activities right? :P

Digital Blush
04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
lmfao yeah well we can do the cube stuff like when its at night like when we get tired of a-koning (that sounds funny) and we can go hang out in hotel rooms for awhile and battle! but it depends cause our anime club sponser is weird @_@

Bamph
04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm bringing my Cube and Naruto 2. The turn system should be team based as it was in the tournament. So get together with your best friend and practice practice practice, cause me and Scott are going to own this year. No second place this time! Crafty game playing asians...
I've become adept at:
Shik
Gaara
Neji
and what ever the doll controller's name is...can never remember! "Purple Death!"

Scott is adept at:
Rock Lee
Kakashi (both)
and thats about it...sadly.

If there are any of you who feel confident enough to set up an actual tournament with money/anime stuff/etc at stake, let me know and I'll see what I can set up.

Digital Blush
04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah :excited: This year is going to be awesome! Naruto Picnic on friday, Naruto huge photoshoot (if everyone shows up) saturday, and gamecube x) and to top it off Digimon cosplay group x) i'm weird sorry.

ZakuKitty
04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
LOL!! Well I'm sure that you could all kick my ass at Naruto. I'm not great at fighting games. So long as the stakes do not cost my greatly then I am willing to do a tournament.

Umino Lee
04-26-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm not the best, but according to ZakuKitty, I kick ass with Gai... O.o My next best is Iruka/Mizuki. XD What's weird is though I'm great with Gai, I suck with Lee... o.O The other characters I'm okay with, and Kakashi is the one I normally suck at.

btw, the doll controller is Kenkuro(sp?) :waaaah: damnit... can't spell, but that's how it sounds. ^.^;;; Gomen 'bout that.

Oi, ZakuKitty, how do you spell his name?

*is debating to dress up like Gai when playing Gai* :)

Digital Blush
04-26-2004, 08:44 PM
:Random outburst: AHH Sasuke-kun! <3333 I love him @_@!!! :now goes back into the shadows:

ZakuKitty
04-26-2004, 09:10 PM
It's Kankuro though I've seen Kankurou before....>___>

And yes...you kick ass with Gai, Umino Lee. :P

baku_neko
04-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm good with Rock Lee (when ever I do the gates, my friends flip out, shouting RUN! STAY AWAY FROM LEE!), Sharingan Sasuke, and Uchiha Sasuke.

Sharingan Kakashi is fun to play, but only in two player since he can't copy moves in multi player mode...

Exclave
04-27-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm bringing my Cube and Naruto 2. The turn system should be team based as it was in the tournament. So get together with your best friend and practice practice practice, cause me and Scott are going to own this year. No second place this time! Crafty game playing asians...
I've become adept at:
Shik
Gaara
Neji
and what ever the doll controller's name is...can never remember! "Purple Death!"

Scott is adept at:
Rock Lee
Kakashi (both)
and thats about it...sadly.

If there are any of you who feel confident enough to set up an actual tournament with money/anime stuff/etc at stake, let me know and I'll see what I can set up.

I will pwn j00! We all gotta get more practice in at Scotts. We still need to unlock those last two characters also.

Scortia
04-27-2004, 02:38 PM
wondering... since I've been wanting this game forever... what must you do to your Gamecube for the import games to work on it? I've seen like 3 different answers just by searching for the answer. o.o

baku_neko
04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
wondering... since I've been wanting this game forever... what must you do to your Gamecube for the import games to work on it? I've seen like 3 different answers just by searching for the answer. o.o

Getting a Freeloader is the best way to go. Don't have to mod your Cube this way. Just pop the Freeloader disc in, and when it says it's ready, open the Cube's lid, swap the disc with the game disc (in this case, Naruto), and close the lid. Real simple, and easy to use. I got mine for about 10 bucks at this Gamestop in CA. I haven't seen it in store around Dallas though...

I will pwn j00! We all gotta get more practice in at Scotts. We still need to unlock those last two characters also.

I unlocked all the characters months ago...

Use shadow clone mode. Best way and fastest way to earn money.

Exclave
04-27-2004, 06:38 PM
We'll have to try that. It's not my game, but I'll relay that to the owner and hopefully it shouldn't take too long to unlock them.

Xenocore
04-27-2004, 11:00 PM
where do you find the Naruto games?
i've tried gamestop, EB, and Gamefellas. none of them have them.... :waaaah:

ZakuKitty
04-27-2004, 11:11 PM
It is not released in America yet if at all. You gotta go to sites on the net to order it along with the freeloader if you want the one for gamecube. ^___^

lik-sang.com

They have it.

baku_neko
04-28-2004, 02:21 PM
The PS2 game is supposed to come out this summer in the US.

But the GameCube games, I dunno....

Dosu137
04-28-2004, 05:22 PM
my friend Big Brian (Not me im little Brian)
hes good with Kiba @_@

im just good with Gaara/Hinata/Shikamaru

Does anyone know how to unlock shino or if hes even an Available character @_@

Dosu137
04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Sorry for me Double posting but im thinking of a Doubles Tournament

Like what we do is pick a partner and go 2 on 2 In a big Tournament

Since it wouldnt really be cool if we did 1 on 1 tournaments (to much time and to much insaness)

ZakuKitty
04-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Shino is not a playable character. @____@ I think they did not put him in there because his attacks might look somewhat like Gaara's but who knows. I think that we are planning to do the two on two. That's what I vote for anyways. ^^;;

ZakuKitty
04-29-2004, 12:17 AM
This is a totally off-the-subject thingie but are any of you doing a cosplay skit or thinking of doing them? I just want to know. :P

Xenocore
04-29-2004, 12:20 AM
I get stage fright....
so i dont think i would be able to do a skit....

ZakuKitty
04-29-2004, 12:54 AM
It's alright. I think that most of us do...though...if me and Umino Lee do what we plan to do someday then I will have to get over it pretty fast. ^^;;; :rockon:

Xenocore
04-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Of course the realy sad thing is that i used to be in theatre....

But once i graduated high school i was like.... i couldnt go up on stager anymore... it is weird... but ill defently watch all of you guys do one ;)

Dosu137
04-29-2004, 08:36 PM
I dun get Stage Fright on the count of Im in Theatre Arts i do more plays then a monkey doing tricks on the streets

Xais
04-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Most of the people on the site have been into theater at one point or another I'd imagine...

animethink
05-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey, I just found this board, and I figured I'd sort of register my group in (so to speak), and you can add us to whatever lists you're keeping... I also had a few questions, but, anyway:
For the Naruto Cosplayers:
I'm going as Gaara (will probably alternatate between old Gaara and new, post-chapter 212 Gaara);
I've got a friend cosplaying Zabuza's first costume (with the shirt off);
We've got a Naruto (who doesn't?),
and possibly a Sexy no Jutsu...

Everyone Else:
Our Naruto's older brother/Sexy no Jutsu's boyfriend is cosplaying Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun);
Zabuza's brother is cosplaying Cid Highwind (FF VII);
the possible Sexy no Jutsu has a "stereotypical anime schoolgirl" costume (Lame, I know, but she just won't ditch it...);
And possibly (POSSIBLY...) a Tetsuo (Akira), and if not him, then a wildcard...

For my questions...
Does anyone know where I could get contacts for Gaara? The best idea I've got right now is just get normal light green coloreds, but those don't cover the pupils...
And are there any suggestions on how to build the shoes? We're finding that to be the most troublesome part...

Also, pumped about the Nartuo GC tourney (we can add another GC and Naruto game--we have all the characters--and hopefully bring some stiff competition--we've been training :cool: ), the picnic and possible mall invasion, the photo op, and just meeting so many like-minded cosplayers...
(It's our first con...we're cosplay virgins.)

Scortia
05-02-2004, 04:34 PM
We've got a Naruto (who doesn't?),
and possibly a Sexy no Jutsu...

For my questions...
Does anyone know where I could get contacts for Gaara? The best idea I've got right now is just get normal light green coloreds, but those don't cover the pupils...

*snipped to the stuff I'm replying too* ;p Actually... the lists I've seen circulating don't show many people attending as Naruto... other than myself I've seen maybe 2. ^^ And as for contacts, if you cover your pupil you will be blinded... no way around that. ;p

animethink
05-02-2004, 04:48 PM
And as for contacts, if you cover your pupil you will be blinded... no way around that. ;p

well, I mean, they DO make those all-white contacts... Not sure how those work, but it think it IS possible... they just don't have the same demand for green ones, obviously... Oh well... :sulk:

ZakuKitty
05-02-2004, 05:50 PM
I know how you feel about wanting solid contacts. I too am doing Gaara but only on Friday. I am just getting regular colored ones myself. I have yet to find solid ones that you can see out of. :/

animethink
05-02-2004, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of Gaaras, I'm noticing... Feels like competition (especially since we're trying to go all-out...)--friendly competition, but competition regardless... I guess we'll let off steam on the GameCube... :rockon: Also, does anyone know where I can find a short-sleeved fishnet (wide diamond-shaped-knit) shirt for earlier Gaara?

ZakuKitty
05-02-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm using the fishnet I got off of Wicked Temptations (type that into the search engine). It's a naughtylike site but it has good fishnet. :P

Yeah a lot of Gaaras indeed. Tis why I am going on Friday and not Saturday as him. Saturday is my Zaku day. ^___^ Oh the thrill of going as a minor sound ninja. :D

Yes....letting out steam with GameCube will rockz0rd though I have the feeling I'll get my ass kicked.

:waaaah: :bigtu:

Digital Blush
05-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Saturday is my Zaku day. ^___^ Oh the thrill of going as a minor sound ninja. :D

what i was going to do for my sisters costume was i was going to buy a long sleeve fishnet at hot topic for hinata's costume (under the sweater) and cut the bottom of the sleeves and sewing it to a short sleeve balck shirt cause yeah i would but after reading chapter 212 we're just going for the two long sleeve shirts.

And ZakuKitty, shes going to let me 'break' her arms when i'm sasuke saturday. ^^ wee!

animethink
05-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm using the fishnet I got off of Wicked Temptations (type that into the search engine). It's a naughtylike site but it has good fishnet. :P

Yeah a lot of Gaaras indeed. Tis why I am going on Friday and not Saturday as him. Saturday is my Zaku day. ^___^ Oh the thrill of going as a minor sound ninja. :D

Found the site, but not the shirt (unless you're fashioning your own sleeves, which is my Plan B), and believe me, I understand what you mean about the site... The results I got running a google search on "men's fishnet" nearly gave me nightmares... :woah: Just a little too much for me...

Unfortunately, my going all-out on Gaara means probably getting the 'Ai' kanji henna tattooed on my forehead (which means I won't be able to cosplay anything else until it comes out), and dying my hair crimson (I'm actually used to this, surprisingly)--no wigs for me...

ZakuKitty
05-02-2004, 07:56 PM
If you buy the women's dress then all you have to do is alter it but it has the perfect fishnet hole size for the characters. Plus you have a bunch of fishnet to spare afterwards. :D

And yes...my arms shall be broken by uchiha on Saturday at the con. ;___;

Digital Blush
05-02-2004, 08:00 PM
*Dances* woo hooo! only a month away ^^ cant wait! damn costumes i need to finish soon! and to add prom is this saturday :heart:

animethink
05-02-2004, 08:45 PM
my arms shall be broken by uchiha on Saturday at the con. ;___;
:eek: :bigtu: If there's a shino, you could have him stop up the holes and blow one of your arms off... Though that would be harder to do... And kind of permanent... Oh well, the sacrifices we make for cosplay... :thumbsup:

ZakuKitty
05-02-2004, 08:47 PM
There will be a Shino...;__; Why does everybody want to hurt Zaku...just because he's an ass doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings....;__;

animethink
05-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Why does everybody want to hurt Zaku...just because he's an ass doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings....;__;
Oh, but he gets hurt in the best ways... :jjacks: It's just so much fun to see! <j/k> I'll let Lee use the Ura-renge on me... Though that would me kind of difficult to pull off...

Digital Blush
05-02-2004, 10:13 PM
i know a shino that is going. hes going to take pictures with me and Xais ^^ i have my team 8! i hope they are dressing up for friday though cause thats when i'm going to be hinata :B

ZakuKitty
05-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Now two Shinos can try and kick my ass with the other Sasukes. ;___; Zaku will have a busy day. :O

Xenocore
05-03-2004, 12:09 AM
poor zaku :(
i like zaku... he's an ass... thats why you love to hate and love him... if that makes sense.
my kakashi is so close to being done to :)
i just have to alter the wig and find a shirt.(the undershirt)
i found the perfect pants though ;)
and after that i am done!
YAY!
ill prob be done by this week it not sooner.

ZakuKitty
05-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Sweet. :D Can't wait to see it. :D

EDIT: What name are you guys putting on your badges? Might come in handy when we have like fifty Gaaras and such around. :P

animethink
05-03-2004, 06:45 AM
What name are you guys putting on your badges? Might come in handy when we have like fifty Gaaras and such around. :P

I just put my actual name on the badge... I figured anything related to Gaara would be too confusing, as there will be like fifty... :hafha: Ah... the pains of cosplaying a ridiculously popular character...
I guess I'll just have to be the best... :cool: :razz: <No offense to anyone else cosplaying Gaara...>

EDIT: Quick check, who's getting rooms at the Adam's Mark? <My group is...>

EDIT: EDIT: Oh yeah, my 'actual name' is Ryden Anderson... For those of you playing along at home... :crest:

ZakuKitty
05-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Eh I'm trying my best to make my Gaara really good but I'm doing it on Friday to avoid most of the Gaaras. :P

I'm putting Mikuo Abumi on mine. Mikuo because I made up the name and Abumi because I am obsessed with Zaku and that's his last name. :P

I am staying at the Adam's Mark. ^^

Guilty Neko
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Iím supposed to be staying at the Adamís Mark as well or at least thatís what they tell me. I was kind of curious as to what time all of the gamecube playing would likely be going on. Iíve never even been able to see the game so Iíd really like to. And my tag will say Guilty *said only because sheís heard of at least two other Haku going to be there* ~_~

Dosu137
05-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I may be Shino but i promise not to hurt u Zaku

My bade is gonna Say Dosu137

Just so everyone knows its me

ZakuKitty
05-03-2004, 08:35 PM
You can act like you're hurting me if you want...as bizarre as that sounds. >__> Makes for good photo ops. :P

animethink
05-03-2004, 09:16 PM
You can act like you're hurting me if you want...as bizarre as that sounds. >__> Makes for good photo ops. :P

I'm assuming that's all you're talking about with the arm breaking by uchiha... I mean, anything else might be a little over the top... :lost:

Digital Blush
05-03-2004, 09:39 PM
lol yes. i'm also staying at the adams mark but our anime club sponser hasnt reserved the rooms :shakes fist!: anyway i guess for my badge name i'll just put my real name 'Crystal' or maybe... "Crystal Uchiha'' :school girl giggle!: what do you think what should i put?

animethink
05-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I'd go with the second one...it's got SASS! :drink: :skidude2: and you can proudly display you geekocity (def - the measurement (in pecentages) of the degree to which someone is a geek, nerd, or dork--specifically geek, though other usages have become acceptable; see dorkocity or nerditude) to a room full of geeks. :bigtu:

...I wonder if I can change mine...?

Digital Blush
05-03-2004, 10:53 PM
my sister laughed at me when i told her i wanted that as my badge name @_@

ZakuKitty
05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Well I mean...you you guys come up with something creative, I don't mind acting hysterically scared out of my mind while you pummel me. :P I'm already trying to get the Chouji on A-Kon's forum to recreate the fight between Zaku and him. :P

animethink
05-04-2004, 05:27 PM
that might be kind of difficult... Unless he can do the multi-size no jutsu--AND the meat tank...

Digital Blush
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
ahh only a month left! :needs to get to work on costumes!: though this weekend is prom and almost all the days after school are busy! tomorrow i have to do a video project for english T_T so maybe when i get home or something.. thursday is friends CANT MISS THAT! friday i can work on it unless my boyfriend is like 'LETS GO OUT' haha and saturday is prom ahh sunday i can sew like my life depends on it!

Xenocore
05-04-2004, 11:53 PM
I am the same way :)
i just have to do the mionor detials that will make the costume more like :skidude2: instead of like :geek:
i just hate the fact that if i mess up on the wig... i have to buy another one...
(this is where my mom comes in, i got her to volunteer to help me modify it :) when i was growing up she used to cut my hair, and she did a good job so eh...)

but i know how it it. work and school

animethink
05-05-2004, 06:48 AM
thursday is friends CANT MISS THAT! friday i can work on it unless my boyfriend is like 'LETS GO OUT' haha and saturday is prom
feh... prom isn't that important :razz: :bigtu: ... I mean, who wants to be sociable :drink: when you can stay home, lock the doors, and work on your 'nerditude' :chatah: ?

Just sew, little uchiha, sew...

EDIT: Who are you cosplaying again, Xeno?
EDIT: EDIT: Never mind... I see it now.

Exclave
05-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, as far as the contacts thing goes way up there at the top of the page, there is no way around it. If the center of the contact is not clear, you will not be able to see...period. It's not like shading on a pair of sunglasses, they don't just tint the lenses, they actually paint them, so if you have any kind of solid contact...it's 0 visibility for you.

As for my badge...it'll be "Exclave" just like here in the forums. Same name I've always used.

Status of Itachi costume: Headband...check; fishnet...check; cloak...in progress; sharringan contacts...check; sandles...to be made. I think that's it!

EDIT - I'll help all you Zakus out that are gettin whooped up on :bigtu:

ZakuKitty
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
I would seriously be surprised if there is another Zaku besides me. I'm going to be beat up by many Sasukes. :sulk: :thumbsup: :waaaah:

Where's a Dosu to attempt to protect me? :O Or that I can hide behind...either one. :P

Ah come on, animethink! Think of the possiblities of imagining Chouji doing Meat Tank and what not! :P This is an anime con. We can imagine! :O

Exclave
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I fear the image of a live action Meat Tank O.O'

Digital Blush
05-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Just sew, little uchiha, sew...

Lol though its my first prom ever. also to add i've never got asked to a dance by any guy i would usually go with my friends. now that i have a boyfriend we're going to just this one dance. though we've been together for 1 year and 11 months and it'll be 2 years on May 31. ^^ Friday night i'm sewing my heart out! and sunday too so i'll be ok if i keep sewing my heart out xD

Araunah
05-06-2004, 02:33 AM
well i kinda changed customes.

I MIGHT do rock lee.

I am doing naturo FOR SURE.

but I hurt my left hand badly so sewing right now is hard.. i need it to heal up more then I should be able to work on it....

(i was widdling Kuni ((for custome)), and the phone rang and i slipped and took a chunk out of my hand)

Bamph
05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Have any of you naruto watchers ever heard of a game called DragonRealms for the pc? Its a MUD(Text Based).

Digital Blush
05-06-2004, 09:28 PM
but I hurt my left hand badly so sewing right now is hard.. i need it to heal up more then I should be able to work on it....

Awww poor justin. hope you get better soon!

ZakuKitty
05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
:O Oh the pain of putting together Naruto props.

Kurai Kaze
05-07-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm still doing Naruto for A-Kon, but I'm not sure what day I'm doing him. I'd heard there was a Naruto Picnic at 2pm on Friday, but most of the cosplayers are gonna be on saturday, right?

ZakuKitty
05-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Easier to do it on Friday as Saturday is a much bigger day. :P There is too much to do on Saturday to put it on that day. >__>

Xenocore
05-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Araunah you to eh?

im using power tool's for mine belt sanders and such... yeah... ill let you inj on a secret.. dont let it go or youll have to start over again.. it will shater...

but yeah... i already gouged myself with a metal grinder working on the headband... that hurt a little.
but my costume is looking so sweet :)
my friend who is being haku is being lazy about it though.... be has the wig and his weapons.. that's it.... and a partial headband..

oh yeah.
and fo rthe other kakashi cosplayers. check out episode 81, he has the next come come paradise :)
so in other words he finaly got a new book.

Guilty Neko
05-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Due to circumstances I wonít be able to finish my costume. Iím pretty depressed about it but Iíll still be going and that at least is something.

ZakuKitty
05-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Due to circumstances I wonít be able to finish my costume. Iím pretty depressed about it but Iíll still be going and that at least is something.

Ouch. That sucks. :/ At least you still plan on cosplaying. ^__^

I'm hoping to finish my Gaara in time but I won't have very good contacts. They are blue but not bright or anything. And I might not finish the costume itself. >__O

Madrox
05-08-2004, 10:35 PM
So, when we all meeting up there? I'm probably just going on Friday. Maybe Saturday though.

Kurai Kaze
05-09-2004, 01:23 AM
I think I'm gonna do Naruto on Friday for the picnic and then cruise as Miroku on saturday. I have someone joining me for that so I won't feel lonely. It's harder to feel lonely on friday though since, nobody feels lonely at a picnic full of Ninja!

Digital Blush
05-09-2004, 02:43 AM
I think I'm gonna do Naruto on Friday for the picnic and then cruise as Miroku on saturday. I have someone joining me for that so I won't feel lonely. It's harder to feel lonely on friday though since, nobody feels lonely at a picnic full of Ninja!

Kurai Kaze are you going to be Miroku on sunday too? maybe i can pose with you when i'm Mimi from digimon :P or just when i'm sasuke. hehe that would be weird

Guilty Neko
05-09-2004, 03:46 AM
actually I won't be this con. The main body of the costume is still missing (the jacket).

Digital Blush
05-09-2004, 11:30 AM
oo but Guilty you have time. You have like 4 weeks left! I still have two costumes and half of one to finish xD and the other two arent for me. plus ninja items. if i can finish you can finish the jacket. i believe in you O_O!

Guilty Neko
05-09-2004, 04:43 PM
oo but Guilty you have time. You have like 4 weeks left! I still have two costumes and half of one to finish xD and the other two arent for me. plus ninja items. if i can finish you can finish the jacket. i believe in you O_O!

Thatís so cute that I donít know what to say. XD

The problem isnít so much time though as money. What happened was that my boyfriend got onto me the other day about my priorities and the lack of income I have right now. Really the only money coming in from my side is from doing commission artwork so you can imagine how little that is. There is still a small 5% chance Iíll be able to pull all of this together by the time Akon rolls around but Iím not going to hold my breath on it. At any rate, even if I canít wear my costume Iíll still wear my mist protector and do the whole picnic thing.

Speaking of which, I finally got the rivets for my headband and put it all together. It looks all professionalish. Everyone Iíve shown it to was rather surprised it came out so well. I donít know what they were expecting. *looks all proud*