PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Cosplay.

Cjiadon
07-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I've been lurking around the WoW thread reading about techniques and everyone's neat ideas for WoW cosplay this year but I was wondering if anyone is planning on doing anything from the Diablo universe this year. Anyone?

dbchan
07-11-2011, 03:09 PM
yes!

It looks like there's going to be at least 2-3 femme barbs, a couple of wizards, a monk. There's an ongoing list thread on the blizz forums also if you want to peruse it:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529225

LalaFTL
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
One of the femme barbs checking in. :) I think we'll have a decent amount of Diablo cosplay this year!

Cjiadon
07-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the list! Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see any wizards on it. Are they in hiding?

Nozze
07-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't think either of them use the WoW forums. One is Kamui, a very popular/talented German cosplayer, and Maghia, known for her Eredar Twin (Alythess) and Alexstrasza cosplays.

Irarenovo
07-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I'll be doing a monk costume for day 2.

Working on day 1 costumes right now though :( [moonkin / maiev]

I plan on doing a combination of D3 monk concept art, and D2 assassin armor. I think it will look enough like a monk to be recognizable, but since there's not a ton of armor sets out, I dont want to do the same old one!

I also want to put some claw marks in it, and maybe fake blood/guts to make it look like I was just in combat :D

Cjiadon
07-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Irarenovo, that sounds really interesting. I'm excited to see it.

Does anyone know what Kamui and Maghia are doing?

snarkie
07-14-2011, 01:44 AM
You can see Kamui's progress on her Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/KamuiCos?sk=wall&filter=2

Cjiadon
07-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks! I found Maghia too. They are doing the same concept photo. Should be awesome.

moldycheese
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm working on a wizard as well (the 2007 concept art though).... I hope I can get it done -_- I'm pretty much the worst procrastinator -ever- and only now am feeling the panic to get my butt in gear. So much for sleeping the next two weeks! After last year I vowed not to do that to myself again too....

AnimeGamer
10-10-2011, 02:35 AM
I seem to recall that I think Joleera (AKA JoJo the rogue) is bringing back a redone Demon Hunter too for this year's BlizzCon.

Oddly, of all the cosplayers that go to BlizzCon on a continual basis - she's the one cosplayer I rarely ever see (I don't even have any pictures of her.)

Cjiadon
10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm working on a wizard as well (the 2007 concept art though).... I hope I can get it done -_- I'm pretty much the worst procrastinator -ever- and only now am feeling the panic to get my butt in gear. So much for sleeping the next two weeks! After last year I vowed not to do that to myself again too....

This one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/CjiadonBast/Wizard/270195_10150224954195095_564805094_7712228_6710208 _n.jpg

That's the same one I choose! XD Let's get pictures together. I hope you don't outshine me too much. >.>

moldycheese
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
yep! that's the one! i loved the colours of that art =)
and yes, pictures together sounds great, provided i can get it finished! =(

Cjiadon
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Get to woooooooork! :)

moldycheese
10-10-2011, 04:05 PM
haha ok!
it's canadian thanksgiving today, so i have the day off! /getsbacktowork

Cjiadon
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh, Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Sunphoenix
10-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I was informed of this site recently via the Blizzcon forums and would like to say that I am also increasing the Diablo presence the same as last year. This year being the rather impish creature that caught my eye the Treasure Seeker from Diablo 3. As per Vic Lee's drawing with influences of color from in game appearances.

Cjiadon
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
That's great! I'm excited to see it in person. :)

Athielian
10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
This years Blizzcon I cosplayed as a Wizard based off concept art. I think in the future I want to be a wizard with Tal Rasha's Wrappings(once the game comes out) and or Etherael, the Angel of Fate once a color concept of him is provided.

LilLadyBug
10-26-2011, 12:27 PM
BTW Athielian, you looked great. I was sitting across from you backstage at the contest. I was a little out of it (way low blood sugar and corset trying to kill me) but I wanted to let you know that you did a great job.

Cjiadon
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree, you looked great, Athlielian. I wanted to get a picture of us together but my friend who was supposed to take pictures didn't show during the shoot. :(

Athielian
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks LiLadyBug and Cjiadon,
I thought all the costumes backstage looked great I would love to see a pic when all of us were sitting on those benches lol.
I didn't really get any good pics at the con myself either. I saw Kamui(whose tutorials and costumes inspired me) and got a pic but they all turned out blurry :(. I think next time I want to get a handler friend that knows photography lol.

edit - also if anyone took pics or me could you pm me? I have no pictures from the con lol

dbchan
10-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I was so happy to see other diablo-ans! I loved your wizard, Athielian.

It turns out my handler is pretty good with a camera, if you need camera/picture help next year let us know!

AnimeGamer
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
edit - also if anyone took pics or me could you pm me? I have no pictures from the con lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202011/Day%201%20-%20Friday/BlizzCon2011117.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202011/Day%201%20-%20Friday/BlizzCon2011118.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/AnimeGamer/BlizzCon%202011/Day%201%20-%20Friday/BlizzCon2011119.jpg

Cjiadon
10-26-2011, 06:39 PM

Sadly, me either. x.x

Kagato
10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I was looking at the concept art for the various angels at Blizzcon, I think any of those would make great, if not complicated costumes.

Athielian
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
It would be awesome to get an angiris council group for next years Blizzcon.

Samoria
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure if I'm gonna be something from Warcraft or something from Diablo 3... but there's a possibility! :3 I'm just so picky about what I want to be!

Cjiadon
10-27-2011, 05:16 PM

This is a fantastic idea! I wonder if there will be in game models to go off of in Diablo III.

On a side not. Athlielian, I checked our your FB. Looking good in there. :) One of your pictures has my Deckard Cain-fiancee in it. Do you mind if I steal it?

Athielian
10-27-2011, 05:33 PM
This is a fantastic idea! I wonder if there will be in game models to go off of in Diablo III.

On a side not. Athlielian, I checked our your FB. Looking good in there. :) One of your pictures has my Deckard Cain-fiancee in it. Do you mind if I steal it?

Haha, yeah go ahead that's why those pics are there. He had that Cain walk down I liked it.

Pliskin
10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Wish I could have some fun with you west coasters at Blizzcon.

I'll probably be cosplaying a demon hunter at PAXEast, with the girlfriend cosplaying as one of the concept art wizards.

We'll see how it goes though, LOL.

Cjiadon
10-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Haha, yeah go ahead that's why those pics are there. He had that Cain walk down I liked it.

I'll pass on the compliment. :)

Athielian
10-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Seriously though, I'm down for forming an angiris council group. I really want to make an Itherael costume!

KittieMarie
10-28-2011, 04:31 AM

Hi everyone! New to the forums! Attended Blizzcon this year and got all kinds of excited for next year. Was just trying to convince my fiancee to dress up with me next year and the Angiris council was my first idea! I have my heart set on doing Auriel, Angel of Hope. Would be pretty cool to have the whole council =D

Irarenovo
11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
after seeing the statue of tyrael at blizzcon, id really like to re-create that costume.. but I forgot about the other angels! :0

that game needs to come out sooner than later! now I want to see them all before I decide :\

Sunphoenix
11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I've uploaded what I have so far. I didn't like most costumes and I can't find where those official photoshoot images are supposed to be posted but I know you can request yours. I was kind of unimpressed by other people's impressions of my costume but I loved that I got recognized by someone at a halloween party. More in that only a few actually got my costume including I think Casey Shreiner back stage from the mmo report or I think it was him. Dunno if anyone knows if he was back there. I was hoping to ask the next time I saw him.

@Irarenovo there is also izual the fallen angel from diablo 2.

Syrinx
11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey guys :) i'm pretty sure i'm going to make a demon hunter for the release of diablo 3. as i've said before, i really want to try making armor and i thought i'd start with the demon hunter because it doesn't look overly daunting. i was wondering if you guys knew where to find concept art or any other reference that showed both back and front. i've seen a couple pictures here and there, but it wasn't very clear. thanks for any help you can give!

Athielian
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
http://diablowiki.net/images/thumb/1/1f/Demon-hunter-art1-4.jpg/800px-Demon-hunter-art1-4.jpg
http://www.diablofans.com/uploads/gallery/album_147/gallery_37842_147_406710.png

Syrinx
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
thanks! :)

Locofocos
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Myself and 4 friends are going to be doing that... we're working out the ideas and kinks in it now. Should be fun!

Illiyano
11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Bleh, typical. My demonhunter is all finished, and I didnīt get the backside correct due to me not having that picture. Canīt be quite the same armor though, as the top of her boots does not match.

That aside, I have been browsing around the net to figure out if anyone ever did Andarial or Bloodraven from D2? Does any of you know?

Andarial certainly looks challenging, thinking along the lines of some sort of bodysuit with huge boobs and a built in corset, with a harness for her 4 scorpiontails. It would be so awesome if anyone made her (instead of yet another Sylvanas Windrunner).

I donīt think Iīll do her without the suit though, too cold, and Iīld sorely need a boobjob and a serious diet to be able to just remotely pull it off....

Sunphoenix
11-12-2011, 06:17 AM
I would love to see an Andariel, Blood raven does kind of make you think of the demon hunters but personally I LOVE the more obscure characters being that both of mine were a tad obscure.

@Locofocos so I assume no Inarius?

Athielian
11-12-2011, 01:36 PM
As much as I want to make an Itherael costume I feel Tyrael will be the new Syvanas next yea. And I will just be confused for Tyrael.

Cjiadon
11-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh I have a feeling Tyreal will be crazy popular to cosplay next year too.

Sunphoenix
11-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Even given his if possible increase in popularity It still is a rather hard costume to tackle. Personally I was thinking of making a plushy of the Mini Tyrael, to bring next year in addition to the costume.

Cjiadon
11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Even given his if possible increase in popularity It still is a rather hard costume to tackle. Personally I was thinking of making a plushy of the Mini Tyrael, to bring next year in addition to the costume.

Sooo cute! Please bring a Tyreal plushie!

Sunphoenix
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll start working on it soon I have to make sure I got enough for my xmas stuff. I've loved especially with the costume work getting familiar with different mediums sowing being the biggest useable thing i've learned with various stitches, how to use a sowing machine and and and knots. I've been able to touch up clothes and have been looking for more to use it with.

uplaw
12-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I shall be a female Witch Doctor at D*con this year, accompanied by a female Monk and possible a Male Monk too! I can't wait!

Syrinx
01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
ok.. so thinking about making a demon hunter cosplay... i'm thinking that the expanding foam is the way i want to go to make the armor... but i'm kind of confused about something (i've never made armor before) for pieces with a front and a back... how do i wear them and keep them together? for instance.. a back piece and a chest piece... or arm guards (i'd think that only the top is armor.. and the bottom of it would be held on with straps, (correct me if i'm wrong) but how do i attach the straps to the armor?) do i make the forms out of like a mesh material and just sew straps on? is there a better way? is expanding foam even the best way to make the armor? thanks for any help you can give!

Aerlyn
01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I've always seen/read that expanding foam is used for weapons, not so much armor. I could be wrong but this is my take on things.

I would look into wonderflex for armor construction. There are some really awesome guides in the tutorial section of the forums. I would think you could take the sandwich board idea to the breastplate. Attach the pieces together at the shoulders then have buckles or whatnot on the sides. That way, you could probably transport it flat. If that's not a concern, attach everything together with elastic! It should have enough give for you to be able to put it on.

Tonksie
01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Expanding foam is really good for WOW-type shoulders, since there tends to be more material there and it's lightweight and very good for carving. For pretty much anything else though, wonderflex (awesome but expensive) and/or craft foam (cheap but not quite as durable) are used a lot.

As for attaching straps and such to your armor, I would just use really good glue. E600 epoxy is AMAZING, but it depends on what material type you go with. For attaching things, I love Velcro for almost everything, lol. You can get different strengths, too, though the "industrial" strength has been known to break armor before disattaching, so be careful with it if you do use it, lol.

Irarenovo
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
there are TONS AND TONS of ideas / tutorials / etc in the armor/props thread

I worked with the expanding foam to make my failstaff[did not make it to blizzcon lol]
it is kind of fun to play around with. If I were to make armor with it, such as shoulders, I would probably make a base out of cardboard or something, glue the straps on, test them out for fit, then build up from there with the foam, so you have a nice sandwich so the strap cant fall off

looking a couple of pages back though, the shoulders look very layered and almost flat, with some popped up lining. I think if I were going to make those, I would use insulation foam, cause it's already kind of flat, smooth, easy to cut and easy to curl, and not tooo expensive. If I make my tyrael armor, thats what I'll be using.

of course, wonderflex seems to be the best stuff in the world, so you can use that too.. I've been too stingy to try lol :[

Syrinx
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
thank you so much you guys! that helped me out a lot and i'll also search out those tutorials! i'm so excited to give this a try! i hope it turns out!

Syrinx
01-09-2012, 08:46 PM
i'm now leaning more towards using craft foam (as much as i'd really like to explore the world of expanding foam lol). i have a couple questions for anyone's who worn it. first, i'm probably gonna be wearing this to a pretty crowded convention, since this material isn't especially sturdy.. should i be worried about it falling apart if i get bumped into? my other question... is there a place to buy really big sheets of it or do you guys just buy a bunch of smaller sized stuff? Thanks again! you guys are great!

Illiyano
03-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Use wonderflex, I have used my costume at a crowded party at a nightclub, amongst more or less drunk people. It is very, very sturdy, even my huge x-bow survived the ordeal. Only drawback is it is so expensive. Kamui from this forum has a neat armor attaching tutorial on her page, u might wanna look into that. helped me lots.

Syrinx
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
i've been kind of interested in wonderflex as well (so many techniques to try!) do you need any special tools to work with it? a heat gun or something like that?? if i go that route... how many sheets do you think i should buy?

LalaFTL
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Definitely get a heat gun. They are amazing.

A Grue
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I've started working on a lady Monk costume, intended for Dragon*Con later this year. I'm pretty comfortable working with the fabric portion of the costume, but this will be the first time I really try to make armor. Should be interesting, and definitely a learning experience. I'd like to consider starting a progress thread for working on it, just to hear feedback and get some advice as I work, and also to keep me accountable to finish on time. Things move pretty slow (comparatively) on the blizz board, so maybe no one will mind. :)

Reformed Tomboy
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome! I think this place slowed down a ton when a lot of us moved over to Facebook to network. I don't post there a whole lot, but I never posted here really unless I was posting progress. I do still lurk here in case someone shows up, and I'd love to see your progress. If you don't want to start a thread of your own, there is also a progress thread here as a sticky (I think) that you can post in.

A Grue
05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey, thanks for the welcome! :) I try to keep cosplay off facebook just because of how accessible it is to large hoards of people (including coworkers and bosses and all those important sorts), and cos.com is just specifically for chatting around a hobby we all love.

Once I get going, I do believe I'll start a progress thread. Maybe some folks with step out of the woodwork then! Can't wait for the actual game to be rleased!!

kooraa
06-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I was going to do a leah costume for halloween. Just when diablo reveals she is his host, and is all dead/possessed etc

UnwoundRibbon
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew about Blizzcon 2013 for the costume contest, when you enter something, do they accept original designs? I'm wanting to design my own female wizard armor based off of different armor sets. Also, designing an original wand. Or for judging do they prefer something that looks straight out of concept art?

Reformed Tomboy
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
You can absolutely enter with an original design.

UnwoundRibbon
07-11-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks! Haha I'll make sure to print reference materials to show that everything in the costume came from something they designed for themselves. :)