PDA

View Full Version : Virginia/D.C Photoshoot Locations?

bluewolfjoji
07-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I was wondering, what are some good locations for photoshoots in the Northern Virginia or D.C area?

NodokaChan1
04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Gao~ I'm having the same issues. I'm in manassas (45 min outside D.C.). I did find one place... The west fields Marriott. Along the back it has slot of outdoor/woods settings with which to work. Good luck.

Oh, and the place where katsucon was held this year. There were some great photos there...

thebrick
04-15-2012, 12:05 AM
What *kind* of location are you looking for? I am a photographer and may be able to point you in the right direction with some specifics. :)

GunKatCosplay
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Well, I am looking in the NoVa area as well, but i am looking for somewhere preferably indoors in or around Fairfax City/surrounding area that would fit a photoshoot for chii from chobits' extremely pink, fluffy dress.

StarsCASSiOPEiA
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Oh, and the place where Katsucon was held this year. There were some great photos there...

That's National Harbor, which I have to agree is incredibly gorgeous. You'd probably have to ask to have a shoot on the Gaylord property (where Katsu was held) on a non-convention weekend, but there are plenty of other options around there too.

There's a small-ish "city" feel for a couple of blocks around the con center, and a few plazas interspersed in there. A pier is nearby, and a small beach with a really cool giant statue!

etchedmemories
05-31-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm quite familiar with Nova/DC area! Honestly just hopping on the metro train is the way I found all the places.

Crystal City:
Water Park near the metro Station
Hilton Hotel (only if you are renting a room)
Underground Mall

National Cemetary (metro stop)

Falls Church:
There is a beautiful cemetery that has a buddhist garden and a pond with a bridge on it. If you need directions to it just ask, but it has some potential for photoshoots!

Alexandria:
Amtrak station (Just get off at king st station I believe and walk to the amtrack station there is a cool old tunnel there and the bathrooms are old, so it gives a good setting depending on what you're looking for)

DC:
I'm still working on exploring, but if your cosplay has to do with asian society, China town would be a start.