PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this for Sebastian from Black Butler cosplay?

fersuregrawr
07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I was wondering if I could just wear black skinny jeans instead of the trousers I cant find any that fit me quite right and they are quite uncomfortable for me. Or do you think the skinny jeans wont do it for this costume? I also cant get the colored contacts my mom is completely against it.

Mehdia
07-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Jeans are just too casual for Sebastian in my opinion. His outfit is pretty much based on the uniform a butler would wear in the Victorian era (with liberties taken of course) and they wouldn't have dressed casually.

Unless you are doing a form of Sebastian that isn't in his suit, I would keep searching for the right pants that aren't jeans, or even make them.

benihime
07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I agree, they didn't have jeans back then. Plus victorian pants aren't skinny at all.

fersuregrawr
07-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I also dont really have the money for me to make any or buy any so im trying to work with what i got. So besides the fact that the did not have skinny jeans back then do u think it will look bad?

Schweigie
07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I would advise against it. In pictures it will be very easy to tell that you are wearing jeans, besides the fact that they are skinny, they would just look out of place. Perhaps a pair of loose black yoga pants could make a temporary stand in.

darrenxaxel
07-16-2011, 11:33 PM
There is always goodwill! Best place to find odds and ends of cosplays :D

Mehdia
07-17-2011, 12:50 AM
I second the suggestion to try Goodwill. That or other second hand stores. I actually have a great tuxedo jacket that looks a lot like Sebastian's that came from one of those stores. So you might be able to even find the tuxedo pants with the ribbon detail down the side there if you are lucky.