PDA

View Full Version : Button-up Shirt Customizing

Kitten-sama
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm sure my title is confusing, but I'm working on a "closet cosplay" of Sniper from Team Fortress 2, and I have a mens button-up shirt I'm using for the shirt, but it's a mens large, and I'm a small girl (5' tall, 36" c, 28"w, I wear size 6 pants if that helps you understand that I'm swamped in the shirt). I'm totally open to destroying the shirt and turning into something else, but I'm not willing to tailor it because then I'll have to mess with the sleeves, and I don't really have time for that. I've tried tying the shirt sides together, that weird "sexy" shirt tie thing I've see other Sniper cosplayers do, but it just looks bad. I'm definitely looking for a cute girl version of Sniper, I'll be in pigtails, and stuff, but this shirt has ruined that so far. Any ideas?

Here's a picture of Sniper for reference: http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/thumb/8/8f/Sniper.png/300px-Sniper.png

Kayami NeinTo
07-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I say cut the sleeves to about half of your upper arm and cuff the ends or just cut the sleeves off entirely. Then tailor it to your size. You can try doing the "sexy tying" thing you mentioned then.

Honestly if the shirt is too big tailoring is one of the only ways to make it look better on your slimmer frame (in my honest opinion)

kitsuneheart
07-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Adding darts could help. It's technically 'tailoring' but it wouldn't mess with the sleeves.

hardFLAIL
08-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Did not expect to see you here, too. Hai, it's vent0 from dA.
Erp, I know nothing about tailoring.